Android 9 on htc__622 dual sim help

Search This thread

japodude

Sep 6, 2008
Hi

Got a U11 mid 2PZC30000. Cid HTC__622 which I think is Asia dual sim model.

If I change cid to HTC__001 or super cid, can I install the new Android 9 update. The android-info.txt in the zip file show model 2PZC30000 and has cid's htc__001,M27,A07,034,J15

I'm in UK but bought the device from ebay(asia direct sales) but has the same model id

Don't want to brick my phone lol

Thanks

Never mind. I've done it. Made phone into Europe version and installed Europe Android. Now updated to Android 9

Last edited:

mroshaw

Nov 22, 2008
Elstead
www.ollerenshaw-it.com
Hi

Got a U11 mid 2PZC30000. Cid HTC__622 which I think is Asia dual sim model.

If I change cid to HTC__001 or super cid, can I install the new Android 9 update. The android-info.txt in the zip file show model 2PZC30000 and has cid's htc__001,M27,A07,034,J15

I'm in UK but bought the device from ebay(asia direct sales) but has the same model id

Don't want to brick my phone lol

Thanks

Never mind. I've done it. Made phone into Europe version and installed Europe Android. Now updated to Android 9
Hey there! I'm also UK, bought a grey import and ended up with htc__060 - Indian version, dual sim. How easy was it to change the cid? Ta!

japodude

Sep 6, 2008
Hey there! I'm also UK, bought a grey import and ended up with htc__060 - Indian version, dual sim. How easy was it to change the cid? Ta!

You need to unlock bootliader, install twrp recovery(do not make system writable in twrp) and flash supersu.

Just use the tutorial for the cid change without soff.

The first part of tutorial clearing software version didn't work.

Pull the sha1 partition and edit with hex editor and send back to phone. Edit to HTC__001

Then I used the HTC tool to change the software version to 1.00.00.0

Last of all I flashed back the original recovery for Android 8 on my old cid HTC__622

Then I could install the Europe Android 8 from sdcard. When booted the phone up, it seen the new Android 9 update and update it all no problem

To update from scarf, rename the download zip to 2PZCIMG.Zip and boot to download mode. Phone will see the update firmware and prompt you to flash it.

Hope it helps pal

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You need to unlock bootliader, install twrp recovery(do not make system writable in twrp) and flash supersu.

Just use the tutorial for the cid change without soff.

The first part of tutorial clearing software version didn't work.

Pull the sha1 partition and edit with hex editor and send back to phone. Edit to HTC__001

Then I used the HTC tool to change the software version to 1.00.00.0

Last of all I flashed back the original recovery for Android 8 on my old cid HTC__622

Then I could install the Europe Android 8 from sdcard. When booted the phone up, it seen the new Android 9 update and update it all no problem

To update from scarf, rename the download zip to 2PZCIMG.Zip and boot to download mode. Phone will see the update firmware and prompt you to flash it.

Hope it helps pal