[ROM][10.0_r11] LineageOS 17.0 - Unofficial [21 November][OTA]

Search This thread

SyeedAhmed

Feb 3, 2019
Dhaka
Redmi Note 11
Wow excited :)

There is a one common problem in Lineageos launcher (from Oreo onwards for all device)
Sometimes app actions will not work(long press on app icons will not display any action), I don't know if it is known bug or not.. reboot will fix the problem
don't have to reboot just go to apps and force close one time from next time it will not happen again

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

LineageOS 17.0 (Android Q based) coming soon
great ?

gast12

Oct 25, 2018
Lineage 17! omg. awesome. looking forward to it.

regarding going official, I see Whyred in Lineage Hudson on Github. Any news here? Sorry I don't have Telegram.

Reactions: MyCats

Chetan Lodha

Mar 15, 2014
Silchar
i wasnt taking about gsi, i am talking about the source built posp rom by erfan abdi. you can have a look at the devcie tree and kernel sources at the link he posted on twitter!

yayayeet

Apr 6, 2019
Two apps I would like to use crash after using them for about 10 seconds.

NordVPN and "CommBank", a banking app in Australia.

I installed them with Aurora Store as I do not have Google Play Services installed.

I assume that might be the reason, but usually apps will give you a notification about not working if you don't have it installed.

I'm quite new to all of this. How can I check the cause of the apps crashing? I would like to help with a crash log or something if it is the ROM and not because of no google play services.

Shampinger

Jun 24, 2018
I assume that might be the reason, but usually apps will give you a notification about not working if you don't have it installed.
Not all apps give such notifications so it might very well be the lack of Google Services that is causing your problems.
I suggest you use microG which is basically an open source re-implementation of the most important google APIs. By default it doesn't connect to google servers but you if you need GCM for push notifications (which requires you to connect to google servers) you can enable that.
Using microG most apps should work just fine. It also gets rid of the annoying warning messages you get from some apps if Google Services are not found.
However, in order to install microG you have to manually enable signature spoofing because LineageOS doesn't support it. I believe MyCats is planning to build a version of this ROM that is compatible with microG (i.e. a version that allows signature spoofing) in the near future as he suggested a couple of posts above.
Also, in case this ROM ever goes official there will be a precompiled version with microG already installed from this project. This is your best-case scenario.

ralaud

May 31, 2017
Two apps I would like to use crash after using them for about 10 seconds.

NordVPN and "CommBank", a banking app in Australia.

I installed them with Aurora Store as I do not have Google Play Services installed.

I'm quite new to all of this. How can I check the cause of the apps crashing? I would like to help with a crash log or something if it is the ROM and not because of no google play services.

Not all apps give such notifications so it might very well be the lack of Google Services that is causing your problems.
I suggest you use microG which is basically an open source re-implementation of the most important google APIs. By default it doesn't connect to google servers but you if you need GCM for push notifications (which requires you to connect to google servers) you can enable that.
Using microG most apps should work just fine. It also gets rid of the annoying warning messages you get from some apps if Google Services are not found.
However, in order to install microG you have to manually enable signature spoofing because LineageOS doesn't support it. I believe MyCats is planning to build a version of this ROM that is compatible with microG (i.e. a version that allows signature spoofing) in the near future as he suggested a couple of posts above.
Also, in case this ROM ever goes official there will be a precompiled version with microG already installed from this project. This is your best-case scenario.

You guys don't need to wait, there is nanodroid for patching microg, https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-nanomod-5-0-20170405-microg-t3584928

First you will need magisk, due to its a magisk module, but nanodroid will be installed by twrp.

Just install nanodroid-patcher.zip (for signature spoofing) and nanodroid-microg.zip by twrp. Thats all.

Last edited:
Reactions: MyCats and ckom26

zBear

Oct 1, 2008
Chisinau
Yes. All the lineage 15.1 features are available in 16 too.
for whyred circle battery wasn't available in LOS 15.1, at least not in official builds
it was promised to be implemented again in 16, but it wasn't done in early builds (at least 5 month ago)

I'm sorry, but have to ask again about it
are you sure?

NhB9gn.jpg

This rom is very stable at the moment.
I've read good reviews about it on 4pda and now I'm considering it

my LOS 15.1 is rock solid, but wasn't updated for 6 months

niyas90

Mar 12, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
for whyred circle battery wasn't available in LOS 15.1, at least not in official builds
it was promised to be implemented again in 16, but it wasn't done in early builds (at least 5 month ago)

I'm sorry, but have to ask again about it
are you sure?

I've read good reviews about it on 4pda and now I'm considering it

my LOS 15.1 is rock solid, but wasn't updated for 6 months
Yes.

Attachments

• IMG_20190915_041010.jpg
    IMG_20190915_041010.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 412
Reactions: MyCats and zBear

zBear

Oct 1, 2008
Chisinau
an interesting situation with Power OFF state on this ROM

after turning phone off, impossible to turn it back on, it's stuck on boot animation, have to hold power button for it to restart and restart work fine
simple restart from the power menu also works fine

just a strange power off problem in my case

P.S.
I believe it's because of my V4A version I used in 15.1 and wanted to use with 16 also
disabled it in Magisk and everything is back to normal

Last edited:

SyeedAhmed

Feb 3, 2019
Dhaka
Redmi Note 11
an interesting situation with Power OFF state on this ROM

after turning phone off, impossible to turn it back on, it's stuck on boot animation, have to hold power button for it to restart and restart work fine
simple restart from the power menu also works fine

just a strange power off problem in my case
didn't face anything like that... are you using any mod or something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hype-ru-lineage-os-feature-image--1517639272-141.png

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open source operating system for smartphones and tablets, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.7 million active installs, having doubled its user base in the months February–March 2017

Attention!

Code:
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! 
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

About this ROM

LineageOS 17.0 with latest security patches and full support of OTA updates and newest GS PEIMIXM firmware version. Without any tweaks or modifications.

Build information

Android Version: 10.0
    LineageOS Version: 17.0
    Firmware version: GS PEIMIXM
    Security Patch: November
    Updated: 21.11.2019

Telegram Channel

Join ROM Telegram Channel, all news here:
    https://t.me/loswhyred

Downloads

ROM page with all you need (ROM zip, firmware, addons)
    https://www.mcsm.ml/html/lineageq.html

Known issues

Installation

You need unlocked bootloader and custom recovery.
    - Wipe System, Vendor, Data, Cache, Dalvik
    - Install downloaded firmware (PEIMIXM)
    - Install ROM zip
    - Reboot to system
    - Enjoy awesome ROM!

Changelog

Source

https://github.com/lineage-sdm660

Credits

GuaiYiHu, srfarias, Adi5.
    Thanks to everyone who keeps this thread active.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [10.0_r11] LineageOS 17.0 - Unofficial [21 November][OTA], ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Contributors
    MyCats
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Firmware PEIMIXM
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-05-31
    Beta Release Date: 2019-04-24

Created 2019-06-05
    Last Updated 2019-11-21
    LineageOS 17.0 (Android Q based) coming soon
    New update! (17-07-2019)
    - Fixed random reboots issue
    - A lot of kernel changes
    - Enabled DFS channel scanning
    - Removed CAF GPS config
    - Updated system.prop from MIUI
    - Updated time service blobs
    - Added CPU set for Audio app
    - Updated WIFI configs from MIUI
    - Disabled unused loc services
    - Optimized ART props
    - Updated GPS blobs from MIUI
    - Removed HWUI properties
    - Fixed security patch
    - Cleaned up trees
    - Synced with LineageOS sources
    Join Telegram Channel, all news here: https://t.me/loswhyred
    New update! (05-08-2019)
    - Illusion Kernel 5.5 and Linux Kernel 4.4.186
    - System rebuilt with Clang 9.0.5
    - Fully fixed random reboots (thanks to attack21)
    - Fixed Dirac Menu
    - Synced with LineageOS sources
    New update! (01-07-2019)
    All changes in Telegram channel: https://t.me/loswhyred