Requesting Alcatel-4060 O (Cricket) Stock Firmware

Search This thread

archmagusdg

Sep 3, 2015
I was in the process of removing kingroot and installing supersu when my phone decided to reboot and now will not boot past the very first screen no matter how long I let it sit. I tried factory resetting it but that didn't change anything. I've searched high and low for firmware but have come up empty. Does anyone have stock firmware for the Alcatel Streak? Thanks.

jxzz

Apr 15, 2017
I was in the process of removing kingroot and installing supersu when my phone decided to reboot and now will not boot past the very first screen no matter how long I let it sit. I tried factory resetting it but that didn't change anything. I've searched high and low for firmware but have come up empty. Does anyone have stock firmware for the Alcatel Streak? Thanks.

Concur.
I had exactly the same problem. Alcatel Streak (40600) would not boot after I did KingRoot and superSu replacement.

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
There has been no activity on this or other Alcatel STREAK threads for some time, but for any members needing, I have a full stock ROM for the Cricket Alcatel STREAK (4060o), Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Any interested members please leave a comment and I will upload the ROM and post a download link.

KtownJeff

Mar 18, 2019
In Space
i need the file for the streak 4060o

@Viva La Android
There has been no activity on this or other Alcatel STREAK threads for some time, but for any members needing, I have a full stock ROM for the Cricket Alcatel STREAK (4060o), Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Any interested members please leave a comment and I will upload the ROM and post a download link.[/QUOT

Ive been able to aquire a stock firmware as well...the problem is after i flash with qfil it wont boot??? Qualcom qfil says download complete with no sahara errors..ive got the emmc programmer file if anyone needs... i just dont know what to do next to get it to boot

Last edited:

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
@Viva La Android
There has been no activity on this or other Alcatel STREAK threads for some time, but for any members needing, I have a full stock ROM for the Cricket Alcatel STREAK (4060o), Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Any interested members please leave a comment and I will upload the ROM and post a download link.[/QUOT

Ive been able to aquire a stock firmware as well...the problem is after i flash with qfil it wont boot??? Qualcom qfil says download complete with no sahara errors..ive got the emmc programmer file if anyone needs... i just dont know what to do next to get it to boot
I understand your dilemma. My stock ROM and firmware are installable via TWRP, which I have ported over from the Alcatel IDEAL (4060a). Flashing a firmware to this device without using a custom recovery is problematic to say the least. QFIL/QPST does not seem to work, and true to their typical protocol, TCL seems to have disabled fastboot mode on the 4060o. I will research this matter some more to see if I can help. There are reports of forcing the device into a hard brick by corrupting the /sbl1 bootloader partition. As such, Qualcomm's EDL (9008) mode is enabled which will allow for an emergency firmware installation per firehose protocol via QPST. But again, I'll try and research this more. Also, if you don't mind, could you share the firmware you have please? It sounds like you have an official package which I have not been able to locate. My ROM and firmware are both self compiled. Thank you.

Last edited:

KtownJeff

Mar 18, 2019
In Space
awesome

KtownJeff;80315069 [user=10059830 said:
@Viva La Android[/user]

I understand your dilemma. My stock ROM and firmware are installable via TWRP, which I have ported over from the Alcatel IDEAL (4060a). Flashing a firmware to this device without using a custom recovery is problematic to say the least. QFIL/QPST does not seem to work, and true to their typical protocol, TCL seems to have disabled fastboot mode on the 4060o. I will research this matter some more to see if I can help. There are reports of forcing the device into a hard brick by corrupting the /sbl1 bootloader partition. As such, Qualcomm's EDL (9008) mode is enabled which will allow for an emergency firmware installation per firehose protocol via QPST. But again, I'll try and research this more. Also, if you don't mind, could you share the firmware you have please? It sounds like you have an official package which I have not been able to locate. My ROM and firmware are both self compiled. Thank you.

https://mega.nz/#!BGwGFAgK!gW3ik2f_-oyI9MtER-PCrfSTQCio4CFzVWR6JVmSw_0
stock cricket Rom mm 6.0.1
@Viva La Android
...now let me tell you how this started to give you more info....I rooted with kingroot installed twrp for the 4060a with flashify and directly installed magisk 18 with twrp...somewhere in there i deleted king root...everything worked great..made a full back up through twrp..I had titanium backup installed deleated all the bloat and started on magisk mods..installed xposed as well...flashed viper4...well I got greedy and started trying to dirty flash pixie4 roms to get a higher os like oreo...fail fail fail...I had read in the forum not to tick fix permissions in TWRP but i did it anyway...never ending bootloop after that...i side loaded a custom rom for the 4060a ....hard brick...i guess thats when i was EDL mode because of the wrong bootloader...i tried to flash the cricket rom with qset\qfil and it would not work...then i flashed the stock 4060a and it worked...wouldn't boot past the splash screen...kinda weird though because the splash screen was split in half and reversed with a gap in the middle....ill figure out a way to screen shot later....but i was able to hook back into the pc and I have adb but unauthorized because the OS got factory wiped so no usb debugging...I do have fastboot access now...which is strange but since my oem unlock is not ticked in the OS every boot img recovery img or system img i try to flash acts all good then fail in fastboot....my realization is that I wiped my modem somewhere in there and it replaced it with a downgrade which forced the EDL mode...well I flashed wrong with the 4060a firmware so Im stuck is all I can figure...I cant get adb shell access either haven't tried
shell with ubuntu/python maybe i can get shell access to force feed super user and tick oem unlock for the bootloader...other than that Im stumped...Maybe DD commands and a good dump file to see where I stand...and as far as my TWRP backup goes..I got careless and deleated it when I formated my PC to remove all the crap Ive picked up trying to fix this mess off the MTK and GSM sites...

My main objective right now is to get my adb key authorized there has to be a way

Last edited:

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
Yeah I agree totally. If there was a way to enable the OEM Unlocking option from a shell environment, you would likely have total control of the device via fastboot protocol. Like you, I concur that there has to be a way. You have me perplexed enough to dig in and help find an answer. I have a working device and a bricked device, so I am free to experiment around on my brick using QFIL/QPST. I am impressed that you have been able to access fastboot. This is more progress than most people make, so congrats there. Nice work.
By the way @KtownJeff, if you need any partition dumps from my device, for example, /sbl1, /aboot, /rpm, /tz, etc., just let me know. Just a thought, but if you could push my /persist partition image to your device (my OEM Unlocking is enabled), I think your OEM Unlocking would tick enabled. I recall a Moto device where OEM Unlocking was enabled in a similar manner. @KtownJeff, if possible, please share a download link of the official firmware package to which you referred. I will be glad to share my self compiled firmware package and stock ROM. Thank you friend.

Last edited:

KtownJeff

Mar 18, 2019
In Space
Yeah I agree totally. If there was a way to enable the OEM Unlocking option from a shell environment, you would likely have total control of the device via fastboot protocol. Like you, I concur that there has to be a way. You have me perplexed enough to dig in and help find an answer. I have a working device and a bricked device, so I am free to experiment around on my brick using QFIL/QPST. I am impressed that you have been able to access fastboot. This is more progress than most people make, so congrats there. Nice work.
By the way @KtownJeff, if you need any partition dumps from my device, for example, /sbl1, /aboot, /rpm, /tz, etc., just let me know. Just a thought, but if you could push my /persist partition image to your device (my OEM Unlocking is enabled), I think your OEM Unlocking would tick enabled. I recall a Moto device where OEM Unlocking was enabled in a similar manner. @KtownJeff, if possible, please share a download link of the official firmware package to which you referred. I will be glad to share my self compiled firmware package and stock ROM. Thank you friend.

I actually stumbled on the fastboot accidentally!!...After I flashed the Stock 4060A firmware with the split up splash image I checked my driver to see if I was in qloader 9008 mode still and I saw the holy grail "Android Bootloader"...The phone screen didnt have anything showing on it like any moto mfastboot mode or like a samsung when hooked up to odin...just the frozen "half splash" Alcatel Logo..I had minimal adb/fastboot installed...I switched to the Android platform tools latest version and had better results...I had a lot of failures when it come down to recovery partition and system partition...I had some successes tho...Fastboot erase works but I dont know if thats standard and the OS reinstalls what I erased because of the lock..prob so just like no superuser access in ADB...I tried to re flash TWRP for like three days and gave up...I forgot to mention I have no stock recovery access.......Yes please I need a full phone dump of whatever you got... all the better..I might try shorting my board to get back to EDL so I can try flash the cricket 6.0.1 again...but I don't want to lose my fastboot access either....the 6040O aboot partion does not have fastboot... The Stock crickit 4060O rom link was posted earlier...I'm in the process of uploading to MEGA as we speak so here in a few I will post all my stuff for this phone...And please share yours as well...

Last edited:
Fix BootLoop Alcatel Ideal

there´s any stock rom flashable for the alcatel ideal? i need unbrick my device because when i make a flashable stock rom the device boots and shows the screen for a second and after still bootlooping, i tried with QFIL but i have problems connecting the device, any way to fix? porting a rom with same chipset? or using another methods. PLZ i need unbrick my phone :crying:

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
there´s any stock rom flashable for the alcatel ideal? i need unbrick my device because when i make a flashable stock rom the device boots and shows the screen for a second and after still bootlooping, i tried with QFIL but i have problems connecting the device, any way to fix? porting a rom with same chipset? or using another methods. PLZ i need unbrick my phone :crying:
There was one here on XDA. It was a TWRP flashable Android 5.1.1 stock ROM I believe. The OP of the ROM is no longer on XDA and it appears that the download links are dead. I'll try to find you a copy of the ROM though.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Oh thank you very much. I was in need of the 4060o official firmware package. I'm in debt to you. Thanks for all the extras as well! Nice. I will upload my stock partition dump of my 4060o and get that posted ASAP. Have you tried using an insecure boot image for ADB superuser (ADBD) access? If you want I can set my stock boot image insecure with ADBD and upload that as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: KV2_URSS

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
I'm found a copy of a stock 5.1.1 ROM for the 4060a that is TWRP flashable. I'm uploading it to Mega File now. I'll post the link when completed. I fixed the installer on this ROM and rewrote the Edify script.

4060a Stock ROM
TWRP Flashable Zip
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Build No. M5RUAR4
Root: SuperSU v2.82-SR5
Link: https://mega.nz/#!VEVUwaxB!sCsdYXPE-_ytsqKnXRJHhFLVLnn3jxCDY8bG7FP89nM
@KV2_URSS, if you have TWRP installed, this may unbrick your device.

Last edited:

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
Update: I dissected that ROM and discovered some syntax errors in the Edify script. I've rewritten the installer and fixed some bugs with the updater-script. I also just tested the ROM on my own 4060a and confirmed that it does work. I'll post the updated link to replace the other link in a few minutes.

Update: I dissected that ROM and discovered some syntax errors in the Edify script. I've rewritten the installer and fixed some bugs with the updater-script. I also just tested the ROM on my own 4060a and confirmed that it does work. I'll post the updated link to replace the other link in a few minutes.

Thanks, this is a posibility for unbrick my phone, you now fixed the rom link? :good:

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
flashed but still bootlooping, i think my phone its broken :( Anyway: thanks for help!
Did you download from the updated link? The ROM from the old link was bootlooping my 4060a also. I fixed the installer script and when I tried it again it worked. On the new one, I added my username to the installer script and removed the original dev's name. Is this the one you tried? Also, did you do a full wipe before installing? (/system, /cache, Dalvik, format /data)

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------
@KtownJeff I'll try to have the 4060o stock 6.0.1 ROM posted later today, and I'll post the dump files from my device. Thank you again for the official firmware.

Last edited:
Reactions: KtownJeff
Did you download from the updated link? The ROM from the old link was bootlooping my 4060a also. I fixed the installer script and when I tried it again it worked. On the new one, I added my username to the installer script and removed the original dev's name. Is this the one you tried? Also, did you do a full wipe before installing? (/system, /cache, Dalvik, format /data)
i flashed the updated rom with your name in updater script and still bootlooping

Last edited:

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
i flashed the updated rom with your name in updater script and still bootlooping
Ok. My guess is your boot chain may be corrupt. I'll write you an installer to try and fix it. I'm fixing some things on the 4060o ROM, so I'll write you an installer for your 4060a when I get ready to upload the other ROM. In the installer, I'll place some of the bootloader partitions from the firmware package to be installed on your device.

Last edited:

KtownJeff

Mar 18, 2019
In Space

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------
@KtownJeff I'll try to have the 4060o stock 6.0.1 ROM posted later today, and I'll post the dump files from my device. Thank you again for the official firmware.

@Viva La Android....no problem for the files my friend...please post the ROM and dump files...i went as far as test point into EDL mode and I cant get anything to download for some reason...Im gonna play around with QSET and see if there is a way to just wipe and manual install partitions that way

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
@Viva La Android....no problem for the files my friend...please post the ROM and dump files...i went as far as test point into EDL mode and I cant get anything to download for some reason...Im gonna play around with QSET and see if there is a way to just wipe and manual install partitions that way
Ok friend. I'll expedite and get that done now. To clarify, you want a full partition dump of my 4060o, correct?
The partition dump files and MM stock ROM for 4060o are uploading now. @KtownJeff, I don't have the best signal tonight in terms of fast upload/download data speed, but the ROM and files you need are uploading and links will be posted here ASAP. For informational purposes, my partition dump is taken from a stock Android 6.0.1 Alcatel STREAK, Build No. A45UC50, Build Date: June 24, 2016; Security Patch Level June 1, 2016, Kernel Version: 3.10.49, and Baseband Version: MSM8909.12110.15W46. My ROM has been built from this firmware version as well.
Update: Link will be posted within the hour.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    awesome

KtownJeff;80315069 [user=10059830 said:
    @Viva La Android[/user]

https://mega.nz/#!BGwGFAgK!gW3ik2f_-oyI9MtER-PCrfSTQCio4CFzVWR6JVmSw_0
    stock cricket Rom mm 6.0.1
    @Viva La Android
    ...now let me tell you how this started to give you more info....I rooted with kingroot installed twrp for the 4060a with flashify and directly installed magisk 18 with twrp...somewhere in there i deleted king root...everything worked great..made a full back up through twrp..I had titanium backup installed deleated all the bloat and started on magisk mods..installed xposed as well...flashed viper4...well I got greedy and started trying to dirty flash pixie4 roms to get a higher os like oreo...fail fail fail...I had read in the forum not to tick fix permissions in TWRP but i did it anyway...never ending bootloop after that...i side loaded a custom rom for the 4060a ....hard brick...i guess thats when i was EDL mode because of the wrong bootloader...i tried to flash the cricket rom with qset\qfil and it would not work...then i flashed the stock 4060a and it worked...wouldn't boot past the splash screen...kinda weird though because the splash screen was split in half and reversed with a gap in the middle....ill figure out a way to screen shot later....but i was able to hook back into the pc and I have adb but unauthorized because the OS got factory wiped so no usb debugging...I do have fastboot access now...which is strange but since my oem unlock is not ticked in the OS every boot img recovery img or system img i try to flash acts all good then fail in fastboot....my realization is that I wiped my modem somewhere in there and it replaced it with a downgrade which forced the EDL mode...well I flashed wrong with the 4060a firmware so Im stuck is all I can figure...I cant get adb shell access either haven't tried
    shell with ubuntu/python maybe i can get shell access to force feed super user and tick oem unlock for the bootloader...other than that Im stumped...Maybe DD commands and a good dump file to see where I stand...and as far as my TWRP backup goes..I got careless and deleated it when I formated my PC to remove all the crap Ive picked up trying to fix this mess off the MTK and GSM sites...

My main objective right now is to get my adb key authorized there has to be a way
    There was one here on XDA. It was a TWRP flashable Android 5.1.1 stock ROM I believe. The OP of the ROM is no longer on XDA and it appears that the download links are dead. I'll try to find you a copy of the ROM though.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Oh thank you very much. I was in need of the 4060o official firmware package. I'm in debt to you. Thanks for all the extras as well! Nice. I will upload my stock partition dump of my 4060o and get that posted ASAP. Have you tried using an insecure boot image for ADB superuser (ADBD) access? If you want I can set my stock boot image insecure with ADBD and upload that as well.
    I'm found a copy of a stock 5.1.1 ROM for the 4060a that is TWRP flashable. I'm uploading it to Mega File now. I'll post the link when completed. I fixed the installer on this ROM and rewrote the Edify script.

4060a Stock ROM
    TWRP Flashable Zip
    Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
    Build No. M5RUAR4
    Root: SuperSU v2.82-SR5
    Link: https://mega.nz/#!VEVUwaxB!sCsdYXPE-_ytsqKnXRJHhFLVLnn3jxCDY8bG7FP89nM
    @KV2_URSS, if you have TWRP installed, this may unbrick your device.