[STOCK] [H932] [20s] [Oreo] T-Mobile LG V30 Stock Collection (Includes Debloated)

Search This thread

TheDannemand

Feb 12, 2008
any overclocking advice for V30??

Again, I wouldn't know. I'm so boring :D

If anything I would consider underclocking my V30. I'm mostly running in Battery Saver mode anyway. It is plenty fast, and I value the added battery time and saved data.

Different from underclocking, Battery Saver has the added benefit of pacifying some of the overactive polling and phoning home of many apps, including (but not limited to) Google's services. I've excluded the few for which *I* (as opposed to the app vendor) actually want timely updates.

Reactions: BROKEN1981

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Again, I wouldn't know. I'm so boring :D

If anything I would consider underclocking my V30. I'm mostly running in Battery Saver mode anyway. It is plenty fast, and I value the added battery time and saved data.

Different from underclocking, Battery Saver has the added benefit of pacifying some of the overactive polling and phoning home of many apps, including (but not limited to) Google's services. I've excluded the few for which *I* (as opposed to the app vendor) actually want timely updates.
It is plenty fast, especially the US998. @runningnak3d had both T-Mobile H932 and US998 and he said the US998 was faster.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

TheDannemand

Feb 12, 2008
It is plenty fast, especially the US998. @runningnak3d had both T-Mobile H932 and US998 and he said the US998 was faster.

I will say I found my H932 a tad lagging at first, until I uninstalled some of the bloat and root trackers. com.tmobile.pr.adapt and com.lge.srtc in particular. Just getting rid those made it significantly smoother. And yes, then it's plenty fast. Again, that's why I can run it in Battery Saver mode most of the time.

Aug 10, 2015
that's not unheard of. Undervolting is a very common process.

Since I'm here I might as well ask

Edit: I got back to recovery. Crisis averted. Citizens safe.

Stay clear of all pie ROMs right now. Modem bootstack doesn't match.

On debloated now. About to make a backup

Last edited:

pezastic

Mar 23, 2013
Syracuse
Am I bricked?

You MUST flash FullStock, or Bootloader and Modem before flashing this to make sure all of your device firmware is up to date.
So, I did. I opted for the second choice and flashed the Bootloader and Modem, intending to flash the debloated rom after it was done downloading. Sadly, this did not work, as upon reboot to recovery didn't work. My phone is dead. Nothing I've tried gets it to come on. Volume Down + Power buttons, nothing. Any ideas?

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
So, I did. I opted for the second choice and flashed the (T-Mobile H932) Bootloader and Modem (over my US998), intending to flash the debloated rom after it was done downloading.

Sadly, this did not work, as upon reboot to recovery didn't work. My phone is dead. Nothing I've tried gets it to come on. Volume Down + Power buttons, nothing. Any ideas?

Previous post in another thread:

this LG V30+ US998. I tried the route of getting an unlock key through LG Developer, but I got the message “Unfortunately, your device(United States,( United States, (USA), LG US998.US ) does not support unlocking the bootloader.” Then I tried following the thread on the Frankenstein Phone method and got stymied on the LGUP when I had no kdz BIN file, nor any mention in the thread of where to get it. I'm usually pretty good at following tutorials that are simple to follow, but I'm unable to locate one like that for my phone model.

Anyone know where I can find a thread, article, or video of the necessary steps to unlock bootloader and root my LG V30+ US998 without having to go down seemingly endless rabbit holes?

You flashed T-Mobile H932 firmware over US998. You've bricked your phone.

Remember this warning from WTF INSTRUCTIONS? (See screenshot.)

Also identical warning in Frankenstein? (I posted screenshot for you in WTF thread, to prove the US998 KDZ download links existed -- which you initially claimed weren't there. T-Mobile H932 warning was clearly visible in bolded red lettering.)

You ignored those warnings or didn't understand them.

You basically tried to "Frankenstein" your US998 to T-Mobile H932. Can't be done without bricking the phone.

T-Mobile H932 has different RSA encryption from the other North America variants. You can't cross flash stock T-Mobile firmware to any other V30 variant and vice versa.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-27-11-00-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-08-27-11-00-06.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_2019-08-26-23-08-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-08-26-23-08-34.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

pezastic

Mar 23, 2013
Syracuse
You ignored those warnings or didn't understand them.

I guess I only understood them to be one-way. I thought, "Oh, that warning is for the H932! I don't have one of those, so I don't have to worry about that." I didn't think it would impact going the other way, too, what with all the variants switching around through these processes. Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place. I am bummed to learn that the phone can't be unbricked, though. It's basically junk now. Someone should make a list of things to do with a bricked phone. (Something like this might work!)

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship. -Louisa May Alcott

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I guess I only understood them to be one-way. I thought, "Oh, that warning is for the H932! I don't have one of those, so I don't have to worry about that." I didn't think it would impact going the other way, too, what with all the variants switching around through these processes. Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place. I am bummed to learn that the phone can't be unbricked, though. It's basically junk now. Someone should make a list of things to do with a bricked phone. (Something like this might work!)

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship. -Louisa May Alcott

The warning is also listed in the T-Mobile H932 Oreo KDZ thread, which links to this thread for the TWRP-flashable zips. These TWRP-flashable zips are based on stock KDZ.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-27-13-20-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-08-27-13-20-46.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

TheDannemand

Feb 12, 2008
Not sure if this has been touched already, but I found some good news today.
H932 Pie Kernel Source Code is now available

That source release actually came out a couple weeks ago, before the original H930 Pie release was pulled and re-released. It was mentioned in one of the XDA threads as well, although I forget which one.

And it's a strange one because it lists both H932 and H933. Hard to imagine that those two models would have exactly the same firmware.

conbak49

May 7, 2012
Ok thank you for the quick reply. My internet connection isnt reliable ATM or i would have responded quicker.

Ok, I will do as stated. I will not deviate from H932 foundation, meaning I will not use ROMS that have been converted to H932 simply to maintain compatibility with the device.

I will be posting and trying to contribute as much as I can as ive been rooting LG phones since G2 and LG phone without a doubt are the best value for performance in the market.

EDIT: Flashed ROM with TWRP. Now on Oreo painlessly. Still have TWRP recovery.

ROMS im thinking about flashing: RR 7.0 or COSP.

So now I have this Stock ROM as base, I can dirty flash ROMs on top now? (Flash rom without flashing dalvik/system) If I do wipe system, then start over with this ROM again?

since youre here, can I ask, is KA auditor module availible for V30 as it is for V20??
A little late to this discussion but wanted to add that I've been running COSP on my H932 for a few months now and have no complaints. It's smooth, fast, no bloat & battery life is great. I wiped system, data, dalvik & cache before flashing.

Unless stock Pie (when it comes out for H932) is a whole lot better by comparison, I'll probably stick with COSP.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

weakNPCdotCom

Aug 16, 2018
Atlanta
Well guys.. Its nearing time for me to upgrade my phone and as much as it pains me to say it I'm afraid I might be leaving LG behind (or at least T-Mobile). The lack of dev support and the ridiculous loops we have to jump through have really gotten to me.
I don't enjoy having to stick with a phone that is 2 generations old in order to have root support, and this lingering pie update is really irritating.

If pie is released before the holidays I will stick around. In the case I decide to move on, I will still try to provide timely packages for the H932 crowd for a while. So no worries. I should at least be able to get the first few pie zips to everybody
<3

The lack of dev support

IshsXda

Sep 24, 2017
Well guys.. Its nearing time for me to upgrade my phone and as much as it pains me to say it I'm afraid I might be leaving LG behind (or at least T-Mobile). The lack of dev support and the ridiculous loops we have to jump through have really gotten to me.
I don't enjoy having to stick with a phone that is 2 generations old in order to have root support, and this lingering pie update is really irritating.

If pie is released before the holidays I will stick around. In the case I decide to move on, I will still try to provide timely packages for the H932 crowd for a while. So no worries. I should at least be able to get the first few pie zips to everybody
<3

The lack of dev support

Same, what do you plan to upgrade to? I was thinking OP6. Maybe repair/replace current V30 battery and sell for $100ish. Not really sure. I have feeling ill be disappointed with OP6 camera and panel quality :(

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Same, what do you plan to upgrade to? I was thinking OP6. Maybe repair/replace current V30 battery and sell for $100ish. Not really sure. I have feeling ill be disappointed with OP6 camera and panel quality :(
You will be disappointed.

@runningnak3d, the XDA DEV who rooted the T-Mobile H932 went to the OnePlus 7 Pro and within weeks dumped it and came back to the V30.

Shoddy compared to LG flagship hardware.

So, the OP7 pro sucks a**. I am done with crap hardware just to have an open phone.

With that said, if @ChazzMatt wants to catch me up on the latest... That would be great.

If anyone wants to know how bad the OP7 pro sucks .. just ask. Luckily they are going for around 800 on eBay for the 12/256 model that I bought.

Just typing this on my US998 V30+ is soooo much nicer. Having the "all screen" on the OP7 pro is just an illusion.

-- Brian

Last edited:

BROKEN1981

Dec 27, 2013
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Google Pixel 6 Pro
<3

The lack of dev support
Thanks for sticking around to help us noobs get TWRP zips for updates.

I'm actually content with the V30, so lack of updates don't actually bother me.

Sent from my LG-H932 using XDA Labs

Reactions: TheDannemand

weakNPCdotCom

Aug 16, 2018
Atlanta
You will be disappointed.
@runningnak3d, the XDA DEV who rooted the T-Mobile H932 went to the OnePlus 7 Pro and within weeks dumped it and came back to the V30.

Shoddy compared to LG flagship hardware.

I was actually looking at the OnePlus 7 Pro.. lol... It already has achieved root and the specs look pretty good. I only see upgrades when comparing to the V30.

I actually sent a message to Brian asking what he recommended coming from the V30. Waiting to see if he finds the time to get back to me.
Took a peek at the G8 forum... no root. Also, you can't even get the V40 or V50 on the t-mobile site anymore... G8 is the only LG device they have offered.
Going to do some more research in the mean time.. Maybe Brian will respond soon. The only phones I see that are worth looking at so far are the OP7 Pro, Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10. The OP7t is supposed to be coming out soon, but I dont know how fast TMO will get it or if they even will.

Thanks for sticking around to help us noobs get TWRP zips for updates.

I'm actually content with the V30, so lack of updates don't actually bother me.

Sent from my LG-H932 using XDA Labs

No problem at all, happy to help. I had to give some extended support for the G6 folks when I upgraded to the V30.
The V30 is a great phone. If the custom ROMs out there were able to port the native camera app for full Standard/Wide Angle support I would probably stick with it longer. I havent been able to find one that doesnt use GCam though. I guess porting the LG Camera is tough.

TheDannemand

Feb 12, 2008
I was actually looking at the OnePlus 7 Pro.. lol... It already has achieved root and the specs look pretty good. I only see upgrades when comparing to the V30.

I actually sent a message to Brian asking what he recommended coming from the V30. Waiting to see if he finds the time to get back to me.
Took a peek at the G8 forum... no root. Also, you can't even get the V40 or V50 on the t-mobile site anymore... G8 is the only LG device they have offered.
Going to do some more research in the mean time.. Maybe Brian will respond soon. The only phones I see that are worth looking at so far are the OP7 Pro, Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10. The OP7t is supposed to be coming out soon, but I dont know how fast TMO will get it or if they even will.

I assume you already saw Brian's comments on OP7 Pro in his "I'm back" thread. Otherwise here's a link:

https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/how-to/im-yeah-didnt-long-t3962719/post80209984

I don't know that root is likely on any phone after V30 (SD845 and newer) unless the OEM specifically supports it. That aspect of OnePlus really is very appealing.

Oh, and yes, thanks a lot for all you've done for us H932 owners -- and for still sticking around a bit :good:

Last edited:

IshsXda

Sep 24, 2017
The only phones I see that are worth looking at so far are the OP7 Pro, Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10. The OP7t is supposed to be coming out soon, but I dont know how fast TMO will get it or if they even will. [/QUOTE:]

I actually had the S10+ for a week. It was a decent upgrade. Obviously 8 GB of ram had a big impact. Some apps were a little smoother. Display is definitely better. I liked having right power button (though it was WAY to high) and remappable left button (though bixby will always be programmed into it one way or another)

Now the reason why i went back to V30. The FPR should not be called ultrasonic FPR but Ultraslow FPR. Its horrible compared to the V30. The battery performance was underwhelming. Relative to my V30 in its first week it lost pretty badly. S10+ was getting 7-8h SoT. V30+ first was getting 8-10 hours. A year from now, it will be not so good. I had US unlocked with tmo sim. Had the phone in August and was already stuck on May patch cuz tmo blocked august patch on phone with tmo sims despite all other carriers getting it.

The cameras, low light and wide angle sucks. Arguably worse than V30 (s10 may patch). Low light does increase a lot with Gcam but its slow and far from a 2019 premium flagship standard.

S10+ has a lot of software options. But device care sucks. The idle battery performance was worse than my V30. Now yes S10 memory holds more ram and i made sure to set the approriate settings in device care to make unused apps go to sleep and its does nothing.

Power modes, all but high performance bump system res down. Additionally switching to any other mode takes around 5 seconds to load vs every other phone that changes instantly.

Customization, yeah its pretty good but no where near AOSP good. Actually your options out of the box are pretty limited. You have to know to download good lock from the galaxy store to customize status bar accents. Home buttons are not customizable. Edge panel is better than float bar though.

I guess lastly. AoD. Its actually quite good on the S10 but it doesn't function with the proximity sensor like V30. You have to tap the display once cuz samsung got lazy. Defeats the purpose of AoD.

All in all. I appreciate all the little touches and polishes LG have put forth towards the V series. Their kernel devs are very impressive and they have the right ideas.

Samsung in comparison felt unpolished as hell.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can try to get the stock packages out tonight. It might take me a couple days to cook a debloated version though.
    All packages have been released except for debloated. I am going to cook that this afternoon and should have it uploaded by tonight. Ill post an update when it's available.
    It will end up being tomorrow before I can get the zip out. Having to update all of my libraries for extraction

T-Mobile V30 H932 20s Stock Collection
    Based on OEM 20s KDZ. Extracted and Repacked.

DISCLAIMER

Proceed at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage to your device.
    Flashing LAF WILL REMOVE TWRP from your laf partition and restore stock DL Mode
    Bins in these packages are unmodified and you may need to flash no-verity-opt-encrypt and rctd remover after to keep force-encryption away.

REQUIRED

TWRP on LAF or Recovery
    Latest Magisk Zip (if performing clean flash)
    no-verity-opt-encrypt
    rctd remover

FILE BREAKDOWN

None of these Zips flash the Recovery partition.
    Besides StockLAF, these Zips DO NOT flash the LAF partition.
    If you want to restore DL Mode and Stock LAF, you must flash the StockLAF package separately.
    • Bootloader: 20s Stock Bootloader ONLY
    • FullStock: Full 20s Stock Firmware Only (bootloader, modem, boot, system) - Instructions in Section A
    • Debloated w/Magisk: Boot+Debloated System + Magisk Root (force enc & dm-verity removed) - Instructions in Section B
    • StockLAF: Individual LAF image for returning to stock DL mode

WARNING
    This firmware contains DTS libs and there are related changes within the Bootloader/Modem zips.
    Anybody running a custom rom like LOS or RR will have sound problems if you flash these. (until a compatible build is released)
    Unless you are already running 20r, anybody running the Debloated zip will have video/sound problems if you DO NOT flash these (FullStock contains both)

Thanks to @ChazzMatt for sharing this helpful info.

Global Instructions
    • Always make a backup first
    • If device has been encrypted, see encryption notes at the bottom before continuing.

A - FullStock

• If coming from Nougat, Clean Flash is Recommended
    • Wipe Dalvik, System, Data, Cache... then flash
    • If coming from previous Oreo versions, Dirty Flash works fine. OS and Apps are updated.
    • Copy All Zips to SDCard
    • Flash h93220s_FullStock.zip
    • Flash Magisk
    • Flash no-verity-opt-encrypt
    • Flash rctd remover
    • Reboot to system and install Magisk Manager (if not installed)

B - Debloated with Magisk

• You MUST flash FullStock, or Bootloader and Modem before flashing this to make sure all of your device firmware is up to date.
    • Be aware
      • This ROM does NOT flash LAF, recovery, bootloader or modem firmware directly.
    • Boot image has been patched to remove force encryption and dm-verity
    • This ROM has had several pre-loaded and system apps removed. If someone wants to send me a list of any additional apps that can be safely removed, i can update the rom to include them.

• system/app/CloudPrint
      • system/app/Drive
      • system/app/Duo
      • system/app/EditorsDocs
      • system/app/EditorsSheets
      • system/app/Gmail2
      • system/app/GooglePay
      • system/app/LGAccount
      • system/app/LGAirDrive
      • system/app/LGAmazonAssistant
      • system/app/LGAmazonAttribution
      • system/app/Maps
      • system/app/Music2
      • system/app/Photos
      • system/app/YouTube
      • system/priv-app/CloudHub
      • system/priv-app/CollageWallpapers
      • system/priv-app/facebook-installer
      • system/priv-app/LG360VideoWallpaper
      • system/priv-app/LG360Wallpaper
      • system/priv-app/LGEasyHome
      • system/priv-app/LGEmail
      • system/priv-app/LGExchange
      • system/priv-app/LGQHelpService
      • system/priv-app/LGVVM
      • system/priv-app/NameID
      • system/priv-app/TMO_MyAccount
      • system/priv-app/xtra_t_app
      • system/vendor/app/facebook-appmanager
      • system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.easyhome
      • system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.email
      • system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.exchange
      • system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.lgworld
      • system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.qhelp
      • system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.qhelp.application
      • system/vendor/overlay/com.lge.qmemoplus
    • For best results a clean flash is recommended for this package if you are not already running 20p Debloated
    • Format data, and remove any apps installed to external sd. Then wipe system, dalvik, cache, data, internal storage
    • This will ensure no lingering apps are left behind.
    • If coming from Nougat, Clean Flash is Highly Recommended
    • Wipe Dalvik, System, Data, Cache... then flash
    • If coming from previous Oreo Versions
    • Wipe Dalvik, Cache, and System, and optionally data and internal storage
    • If you do not perform a clean flash, you may need to manually remove the apps left behind after flashing
    • Flash h93220s_Debloated.zip
    • Reboot

DOWNLOADS
    Stable v1.0
    Project files are hosted on SourceForge

*************************************************************************************************************

Encryption Notes

In Android, a stock device will have it's data encrypted. Often when working in TWRP on an encrypted device, you will be greeted by prompt asking for a passcode in order to decrypt the device. Unless that port of TWRP has been written for your specific device and supports decryption, you will not be able to decrypt the data on your phone. If you cannot decrypt the data, then TWRP cannot mount system and/or other partitions it needs to mount in order to safely flash anything. In order to solve this problem, sadly, you have to format the data partition on your phone (losing all personal data accumulated on the internal storage, so back it all up manually) The steps for this process are Format Data in TWRP, Reboot to recovery (to mount partitions), then flash your rom and root. There are a few tools out there to disable force encryption on your device. See the Required section above for links for this device.

Debloated has been testing via Dirty Flash from 20r.
    FullStock, Bootloader and Modem have not yet been tested, but boot and system have been verified and remaining SHA1 hash checks all match with 20r which is working.
    If anyone has any issues with one or more of these packages, please let me know. Thank you!

-weakNPCdotCom​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [STOCK] h93220s, ROM for the LG V30

Contributors
    weakNPCdotCom
    Source Code: https://sourceforge.net/projects/t-mobile-v30-firmware/files/h932/20s/

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: 20s KDZ

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-04-02

Created 2019-04-02
    Last Updated 2019-04-05

<3

The lack of dev support