Screen on time

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the OnePlus 7T before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Reactions: mavEEE
G

GuestK00264

GSMArena has given an endurance rating of only 84 hrs (90hz) & 89 hrs (60hz) which are not that great considering OP7 which had 102 hrs. I cant understand even at 60hz why so much difference compared to its predecessor?
Higher clock frequencies ;)

uygar2580

Aug 7, 2008
Kayseri
www.projemturk.org
So is there way to underclock to 855 rates and get about 100+ hour battery endurance ? It's big hearthbreak for me these battery stats, still better than my HTC U11, I get around 3.5-4 hours screen on time. Device 2 years old.

Reactions: Ludespeed

gn0s1s

Oct 7, 2007
Vancouver
brightness?

Since this screen is a 1000 nit, could it be the auto brightness settings are up way to high, and thus much higher battery use. As far as i know, the clocks on the 855+ are a result of binning, so same voltage with those clocks, unless that is inaccurate?
watching this vid, with what he says is equalized brightness he manages to get 3+ hours of pubg, along with youtube etc, for 8:46 of SOT. Now as i have a 6T this is pretty appealing, but reading a lot of reviews, it seems 5.5 to 6 hours is the average and i wonder is that because of having brightness wayyy up, if the slider isnt balanced, or rather linear. 50% could be 500nit, which is max brightness on a lot of other screens. Thats 45nits brighter than max on a 6T for example. Just trying to sort out the discrepancy, between this gaming test, and what reviewers are getting. I cant imaging 4g modem is that big of a difference.

—------------Update-------------
In terms of battery life, the 7T put in 8 hours and 47 minutes of work in Tom's Guide's custom battery test, where phones endlessly cycle through websites at 150 nits of screen brightness until they run out of juice. Decent though that is, that's not only worse than the OnePlus 7 Pro (9:31); it pales significantly when compared to the iPhone 11 (11:20) and Samsung's Galaxy S10 Plus (12:35).
this from Tom's hardware seems to rule out over bright theory as they control nits to 150, but that seems crazy compared to the gaming vid we see above that shows a mere 45 mins less while streaming video and 3+ hours of pubg. It can't possibly be as demanding to refresh a web page at 150 nits. Judging by the video as well brightness looked easily over that level. So guess we'll have to wait for the IRL user reports

Attachments

• oneplus.jpg
    oneplus.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2,469
Last edited:

vicky2131

Bicky pleajjj(Courtesy Stree movie) :laugh: You need yo wait a few days for the battery to settle, at least a couple or maybe 3 days or so!!
Haha.. I know that. But it's good to keep the others posted of the current status right . I will surely let you know after a few days of use too ?

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Hi, mine is on the way.

Could you please let us know the differences in

Haptics motor and loudspeakers.

Thanks.
I am really finding very minimal difference in haptic motor between the OnePlus 6T(my friend's) and my 7T. But I can say the loudspeaker is really good on the OnePlus 7T.

vicky2131

Update day 2:
I am totally satisfied with the battery backup. I am a above average user but not a gamer.
The below stats were 80% on WiFi and remaining on 4g. Have turned off ambient display since I am not a fan of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191003-095056.jpg
    Screenshot_20191003-095056.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 3,532
  • Screenshot_20191003-095107.jpg
    Screenshot_20191003-095107.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 3,510
Reactions: akmsr

gn0s1s

Oct 7, 2007
Vancouver
Update day 2:
I am totally satisfied with the battery backup. I am a above average user but not a gamer.
The below stats were 80% on WiFi and remaining on 4g. Have turned off ambient display since I am not a fan of it.
Thanks for posting that, what was the average screen brightness, ballparked if you dont have gsam style breakdown? Those numbers look better than the 7 pro! This usage mirror's my own, in that i dont do a lot of high cpu/gpu intensive work on my phone, aside a quick few photo/vid edits maybe. No gaming, so overall SOT for emails, msging is important. 8 hours bests what ive got on my 6T on auto brightness.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just received my Oneplus 7T.
    SOT is average for me.
    But it's satisfy my needs.
    Getting 6 hrs + SOT.
    Black theme, 60hz display settings.
    And some pubg play.

Why even use 60hz. You could've just bought the OP7
    90hz, auto brightness. Getting like 7 hours SOT. Really can't complain. After some of the youtube videos I saw, I was concerned, but battery life has been pretty excellent for me so far.
    brightness?

Since this screen is a 1000 nit, could it be the auto brightness settings are up way to high, and thus much higher battery use. As far as i know, the clocks on the 855+ are a result of binning, so same voltage with those clocks, unless that is inaccurate?
    watching this vid, with what he says is equalized brightness he manages to get 3+ hours of pubg, along with youtube etc, for 8:46 of SOT. Now as i have a 6T this is pretty appealing, but reading a lot of reviews, it seems 5.5 to 6 hours is the average and i wonder is that because of having brightness wayyy up, if the slider isnt balanced, or rather linear. 50% could be 500nit, which is max brightness on a lot of other screens. Thats 45nits brighter than max on a 6T for example. Just trying to sort out the discrepancy, between this gaming test, and what reviewers are getting. I cant imaging 4g modem is that big of a difference.

—------------Update-------------
    In terms of battery life, the 7T put in 8 hours and 47 minutes of work in Tom's Guide's custom battery test, where phones endlessly cycle through websites at 150 nits of screen brightness until they run out of juice. Decent though that is, that's not only worse than the OnePlus 7 Pro (9:31); it pales significantly when compared to the iPhone 11 (11:20) and Samsung's Galaxy S10 Plus (12:35).
    this from Tom's hardware seems to rule out over bright theory as they control nits to 150, but that seems crazy compared to the gaming vid we see above that shows a mere 45 mins less while streaming video and 3+ hours of pubg. It can't possibly be as demanding to refresh a web page at 150 nits. Judging by the video as well brightness looked easily over that level. So guess we'll have to wait for the IRL user reports
    Woww thats impressive, Can I know what's the refresh rate setting and how much was the average brightness set to?
    90hz display full time with auto brightness on always.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk
    Bicky pleajjj(Courtesy Stree movie) :laugh: You need yo wait a few days for the battery to settle, at least a couple or maybe 3 days or so!!
    Haha.. I know that. But it's good to keep the others posted of the current status right . I will surely let you know after a few days of use too ?

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Hi, mine is on the way.

Could you please let us know the differences in

Haptics motor and loudspeakers.

Thanks.
    I am really finding very minimal difference in haptic motor between the OnePlus 6T(my friend's) and my 7T. But I can say the loudspeaker is really good on the OnePlus 7T.