Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: A de-bullshified version of Fa…
13th October 2019, 12:41 PM
OP Senior Member
Flag Norcal
Thanks Meter: 2,590

More
Hey guys! Long time no see. It's been six months since the last update, and I thought I'd hop on and see what's up. Although FB has been nagging me to update every once in a while, the nags have been sporadic (so far), which made them much more tolerable.

Messenger, on the other hand, has been nagging to update full-blast, complete with a banner and everything. Unfortunately work has been keeping me extremely occupied - startups are hard work, and we're launching really soon (that, and depression has been a complete bitch - seriously, talk to your friends and tell them you appreciate them, that **** is no joke).

Anyway, since Messenger has been annoying and I happen to have a little bit of time, I thought I'd spin a new version. I pulled v236.0.0.14.120 (from here) and although the app seems to be starting up fine (and it's too early to tell if the ad-blocking patch is working), I'm seeing some glitches in the bottom icon bar. Specifically, there are three icons at the bottom of the inbox view: Chats, People, and "Discover" (ugh). Of the three icons, only one is visible. Is this a problem for everyone, or just me?

Granted, it's not the end of the world if some icons are glitched out, but I'd like to know more about what's going on. Is it a problem with how I'm repacking the APK? Do I need to go debug what's happening with apktool? Oddly enough, it's only happening with my phone, but not my tablet. DPI version? /shrug.

Either way, I'm gonna test this for a bit, and post it if it checks out
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to evilwombat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evilwombat Ad-Free