[ROM][X52x][OFFICIAL][9.0.0][s2] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@kalehrl hmm it didn't boot? Darn, I'll have to check my device trees sorry about that I might be on a bad branch somewhere...

Please note if it falls to boot, we would need pstore logs to show what the kernel saw recently for logs.

Once a boot fails, immediately reboot to TWRP via button combo and then via PC do this
Code:
adb shell cat /sys/fs/pstore/console* > pstore.txt

Or via local terminal like this
Code:
cat /sys/fs/pstore/console* > /sdcard/pstore.txt

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
Unfortunately, I will only be able to get this log next week because I won't be home ?
Maybe somebody else will try the ROM and, if it fails to boot, get the log.

Sep 11, 2019
LeEco Le 2
@ThE_MarD
Clean logs in the corresponding archive without GApps. Log size = 16MB
It repeated:
but LineageOS didn't boot. After a couple of minutes, it rebooted into recovery.
This command worked from the local terminal: cat /sys/fs/pstore/console* > /sdcard/pstore.txt

upd.:
1. On version 20191007 GApps worked, but now does not work. On 20191009 also does not work (also goes into recovery). Maybe the problem is in today's GApps?
2. Damn, and on the old assembly the same thing with gapps pico 20191010... Apparently a problem with them. We must try the version below. With the open_gapps-arm64-9.0-pico-20191006.zip version, the old build was installed.
3. lineage-16.0-20191010-UNOFFICIAL-s2.zip loaded with open_gapps-arm64-9.0-pico-20191006.zip.
4. Added logs with the latest version.
5. On the last version, the microphone and sound do not work when making a call.

Attachments

• pstore.txt
    256 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@tImI breakdown thanks for the info. Tbh I always recommend MindTheGapps since it never gives me issues. OpenGapps with their daily updates have given me grief sometimes.

Apparently I need better understanding of seapp_contexts as it didn't work again hmm. I've tried this time to follow what other devices have used to see if it works for us.

New test build is going up! lineage-16.0-20191011-UNOFFICIAL-s2 will contain another attempt to properly address gcam mod for s2 denials and also fix offline charging denials that @gohaz0331 has brought to my attention. I've also restored the adsp modules from s2 EUI ROM 30s to see if that fixes the audio issues... If not? We will indeed need to revert to Oreo audio blobs.

The build will be done upload within 30 minutes of this post.

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-s2/releases/71741

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019
LeEco Le 2
LineageOS 16.0 20191011 LOGS +GApps(20191011).zip: contains pstore.txt (through the local terminal), recovery.log (via the TWRP function), dmesg.log (via the TWRP function).

On the clean version without GApps, the standard camera stops taking pictures when switching the flash mode.
The sound on the video works.
The speaker and microphone are working.

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @tImI breakdown , it seems that snap not taking pictures after changing flash modes is a snap camera app bug as my x2 seems to be doing the same thing :( if you could please do a bug report on lineage gitlab issues.

Woo! I'm taking full advantage of the guest WiFi on the location I'm doing night shift out of town on a coiled tubing frac job heh, so I got lucky this time. ;)

Build lineage-16.0-20191012-UNOFFICIAL-s2 will be going up in 30 minutes from this post. Gcam mod sepolicy should be good now as the logcats I've seen had the one same denial. There's also a few small cnd, qti init shell and qseecomd denials. I'm also curious if we can get rid of some nasty dac_override permissions as we have the proper permissions in our init scrips for CND, dpmd, rfs_storage and maybe for the goodix fingerprint reader, so let's see if those come back or not. I have also reverted the audio blobs back to oreo to see if that helps get rid of the dmesg adsp related spam.

UPDATE: I just realized on audio blob revert that i forgot to revert the audio blob mkdir locations in init... sorry folks. I made a new clean build with that fix and redid the upload.

UPDATE 2: the build was taken down, will post a new build once I find a fix

Last edited:

karabassssss

Feb 15, 2017
Heyyo @tImI breakdown , it seems that snap not taking pictures after changing flash modes is a snap camera app bug as my x2 seems to be doing the same thing :( if you could please do a bug report on lineage gitlab issues.

Woo! I'm taking full advantage of the guest WiFi on the location I'm doing night shift out of town on a coiled tubing frac job heh, so I got lucky this time. ;)

Build lineage-16.0-20191012-UNOFFICIAL-s2 will be going up in 30 minutes from this post. Gcam mod sepolicy should be good now as the logcats I've seen had the one same denial. There's also a few small cnd, qti init shell and qseecomd denials. I'm also curious if we can get rid of some nasty dac_override permissions as we have the proper permissions in our init scrips for CND, dpmd, rfs_storage and maybe for the goodix fingerprint reader, so let's see if those come back or not. I have also reverted the audio blobs back to oreo to see if that helps get rid of the dmesg adsp related spam.

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-s2/releases/71746

UPDATE: I just realized on audio blob revert that i forgot to revert the audio blob mkdir locations in init... sorry folks. I made a new clean build with that fix and redid the upload.

this build stuck in boot loop. even clean install aftr wipe of everything. my TWRP is 3.3.1

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

this build stuck in boot loop. even clean install aftr wipe of everything. my TWRP is 3.3.1

build : 20191010 is bootable in same environment

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

build : 20191010 is bootable in same environment
but even 20191010 went into boot loop when installed with latest opengapps

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, I've taken the build down. I haven't seen much for logs so I'll try to check over why it failed and guess a fix. Probably still something with audio...

Please avoid latest OpenGapps. As mentioned earlier in this thread any build newer than 1006 is broken, so either use an earlier version of OpenGapps or switch to MindTheGapps which I recommend over OpenGapps.

karabassssss

Feb 15, 2017
Heyyo, I've taken the build down. I haven't seen much for logs so I'll try to check over why it failed and guess a fix. Probably still something with audio...

Please avoid latest OpenGapps. As mentioned earlier in this thread any build newer than 1006 is broken, so either use an earlier version of OpenGapps or switch to MindTheGapps which I recommend over OpenGapps.

I was able to install and use the same opengapps build with no issues with build : lineage-16.0-20190817-UNOFFICIAL-s2.zip

So I unsure if issue is in specific opengapps build. Anyway, your latest build isn't starting even as pure LOS installation.

Thanks for your work!

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, sorry again about that bad build. @gohaz0331 confirmed this one boots meow! :good:

lineage-16.0-20191013-UNOFFICIAL-s2 is up!

Gcam mod sepolicy should be good now as the logcats I've seen had the one same denial. There's also a few small cnd, qti init shell and qseecomd denials. I'm also curious if we can get rid of some nasty dac_override permissions as we have the proper permissions in our init scrips for CND, dpmd, rfs_storage and maybe for the goodix fingerprint reader, so let's see if those come back or not. I have also reverted the audio blobs back to oreo to see if that helps get rid of the dmesg adsp related spam.

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-s2/releases/71757

karabassssss

Feb 15, 2017
Heyyo, sorry again about that bad build. @gohaz0331 confirmed this one boots meow! :good:

lineage-16.0-20191013-UNOFFICIAL-s2 is up!

Gcam mod sepolicy should be good now as the logcats I've seen had the one same denial. There's also a few small cnd, qti init shell and qseecomd denials. I'm also curious if we can get rid of some nasty dac_override permissions as we have the proper permissions in our init scrips for CND, dpmd, rfs_storage and maybe for the goodix fingerprint reader, so let's see if those come back or not. I have also reverted the audio blobs back to oreo to see if that helps get rid of the dmesg adsp related spam.

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-s2/releases/71757

I confirm, this one is booting :). Thanks

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
Hi @ThE_MarD
I'm back so here are the log files after a clean flash with your latest ROM and mindthegapps.
Everything seems to be working fine.
There are no Facebook and Messenger freezes.
Gcam works fine. Snap camera crashes after clicking flash icon.
Casting doesn't work.
I will be using this build for some time so if you want me to test something specific, just tell me.

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @karabassssss , not sure what to tell you bud, but even non-LineageOS ROMs on x2 are failing to boot with newer OpenGapps, and nothing I'm doing on the device tree is affecting OpenGapps. I'd recommend getting an OpenGapps install log and post it on OpenGapps GitHub issues page.
@kalehrl , sorry but I do need to do one more build to ensure the dac_override denial for fingerprint is resolved. If you are unable to switch to this build? No worries bud. :good:

We are so darn close! Looks like msm8976 should stick with Oreo audio blobs as the dmesg errors with adsp are gone.

Build lineage-16.0-20191014-UNOFFICIAL-s2 is up! This has a dac_override WIP fix for the goodix fp so that s2 sepolicy will be even more secure on pie than ever before on a custom ROM. ;)

Everyone please go into your developer options and increase log buffer size to 4MB or 16MB and run this build for a day before submitting logs to me.

I also mainly need the fp sensor tested

As always, I recommend a PC via USB ADB (with root for ADB permissions enabled in developer options) for the logs

Code:
adb root
adb pull /sys/fs/selinux/policy
adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log
adb shell lshal --init-vintf > manifest.xml

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-s2/releases/71761

If this build comes back without any new denials? We shall try another enforcing and hope that once again no new denials pop up lol :silly:

Sep 11, 2019
LeEco Le 2
Heyyo
Everyone please go into your developer options and increase log buffer size to 4MB or 16MB and run this build for a day before submitting logs to me.
Code:
adb root
adb pull /sys/fs/selinux/policy
adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log
adb shell lshal --init-vintf > manifest.xml
https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-s2/releases/71761

1. The fingerprint is working.
2. In GCam: take a picture, switch the flash, take a picture, wait a bit - the snapshot button becomes inactive.

it seems that snap not taking pictures after changing flash modes is a snap camera app bug as my x2 seems to be doing the same thing :( if you could please do a bug report on lineage gitlab issues.
I don’t know yet how to send a report :(. In the assembly 20191014 snap camera behaves better when you change the flash mode, but still occasionally falls, so I propose to leave it for last.

Attachments

• logcat_gcam.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
I'm afraid that snapshot button becoming inactive is the bug in GCam. You can't expect it to be 100% stable because it was never intended for our phones. It seems to me that notifications aren't delayed now like before with old LineageOS 16.0. Sometimes I wouldn't get them at all unless I opened the app. Now they are instantaneous. Could it be because of these fixes or because I'm not using Magisk?

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @tImI breakdown and @kalehrl , unfortunately it seems the camera issues could be due to the camera HAL, or the blobs are mismatched from the camera HAL version or something else? I've asked the other s2 devs to try and revert the camera blobs and maintain the hex edits and see how that reacts.

Was camera in general this buggy on Oreo? Or was it just in pie?

It looks like the dac_override fix worked! Selinux isn't asking for that permission and I don't see any new denials I'm that log! :)

Notification delays could be caused by power management, low memory killer or even Google services framework acting up... Not sure if Magisk could negatively affect it, unless it messes up and hogs a bunch of memory I guess?

gohaz0331 was telling me that cpusets aren't working correctly on s2, so that is probably something else s2 maintainers should look into, as I also did see some kernel debugging errors for it... Cpusets is a system in place on the kernel that can limit apps/processes to only using certain CPU cores, so it is super handy for optimizing performance vs battery.

I'm feeling confident in doing another enforcing build, so I'll whip one up for fun :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • IR Blaster
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte

Known issues:
    • Encryption

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 16.0, ROM for the LeEco Le 2

Contributors
    Rk585, The_Mard
    Source Code: https://github.com/rk779/android_kernel_leeco_msm8976

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 16.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-10-02

Created 2018-10-02
    Last Updated 2020-01-04
    Heyyo, so this time for real the first LineageOS 16.0 official build for s2 is up! w00t! Thanks again to all the testers that helped test the builds! Without you guys this would have never been possible! :good:

https://download.lineageos.org/s2
    Screenshots
    Heyyo, wahoo!!!! thanks again @kalehrl and @tImI breakdown , it looks like we are ready to finally test selinux enforcing again! :good:

lineage-16.0-20191007-UNOFFICIAL-s2 is selinux enforcing, including that sepolicy fix for gcam mod for s2 so it will work just as good with selinux enforcing. ;)

The build will be up in about 30 minutes from this post.

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-s2/releases/71726

Test EVERYTHING you can! ROM + Gapps! I've heard from other s2 devs that casting is indeed buggered on s2 so I'll leave that one up to @Rk585 to fix, along with reverting audio blobs back to Oreo as I don't have EUI ROM for s2 on my PC or those Oreo blobs he was using before.

I don't own an s2 as I've mentioned before, so I'll also be leaving the official s2 for LineageOS 16.0 up to @Rk585 as well.

As before, everything is up here on GitHub for our sources under the lineage-16.0 branch.
    https://github.com/leecodevs/

We did it!
    Heyyo, so a minor update to the stuff with Rk585 for s2... I did a bunch more cleaning up of the init scripts and the BoardConfig and also set up the proper pie mount points for dsp, firmware and persist with backwards compatibility to the previous mounpoints for s2 blobs that can't be updated. ANT+ HIDL is also giving errors, so switch it back to ANT+ VFS as msm8953 blobs we are using doesn't support ANT+ HIDL on pie anyways...

Oh, I've also implemented a few things like triple buffering support. Triple buffering is handy in the sense that if you're playing a 3D game and with VSYNC on and the framerate drops from 60fps? Instead of VSYNC going to 30fps, it'll add a step in between thanks to that extra framebuffer, so it'll drop and try and maintain something like 45fps VSYNC which will result in not so harsh of frametime variance changes when framerate takes a hit. (Frametime variance is the latency between rendered frames and the bigger the jump in that time measurement? The more noticeable the stuttering animations will be). So 3D games (especially emulators that have a harder time maintaining framerate stability) should feel a little more smooth when framerate drops hard.

https://github.com/LeEcoDevs/android_device_leeco_s2/commits/lineage-16.0

So that makes me happy to see s2's device tree a little cleaner too. With these changes? Tissot pie blobs that I requested @Rk585 to Kang should work without a hitch. :good:

So meow? Rk585 just needs to do a build with my committed changes and confirm it boots, then next would be to Kang Tissot pie blobs and then if that boost? Do an selinux enforcing build and see what selinux denials we get and fix those up... Then? We are ready to submit for LineageOS 16.0 official. :)