May 10, 2012
Elyria

justcallmeTHEKID

May 10, 2012
Elyria
Reactions: dhacke

hgelpke

Nov 6, 2008
On the XDA front page they show it installed on a Honor View 10. Anybody actually done this and how is it running?

mgs250

Aug 25, 2017
Honor Note 10

On the XDA front page they show it installed on a Honor View 10. Anybody actually done this and how is it running?

Not sure if my opinion on this matters to you, but I've been using Berkley roms on my Note 10 as they have the same SoC and the roms work perfectly with little to no bugs. So when I saw the picture posted containing the Honor View 10, I reverted my phone to EMUI 8.2 through e-recovery and flashed the system image a-only through fastboot.

Phone booted up and it was stuck in the android bootlogo before the phone restarted itself back to e-recovery.

Not sure if it's because of EMUI 8.2 as I know the View 10 has EMUI 9 already.

dhacke

Nov 4, 2018
@phhusson

Hi,

i just flashed your Treble Rom on my xperia xz2. It boots without problems; i will make more test regarding functionality.
But i notice that the sec patch stands at September 2019.
So my question: Can you make the next build with the actual security patch?

Edit 1:
I tested a little bit the functions. Basic functions seems to work.
Only bluetooth, NFC and camera don't work.

Last edited:

rowihel2012

Oct 13, 2012
Asus Rog 2

Amazing rom
The only one that boots
Ultra fast and smooth

But
No 90 or 120 hz support
No always on display
Please fix

guglicap

Apr 1, 2017
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE

Tried with both system-quack-arm64-ab-vanilla and gapps version.

Device is using system as root and supports treble as per Treble Info app

Using as base xiaomi.eu 9.10.24 (Android 10), so it's an Android 10 vendor / firmware

Tried with TWRP 3.2.3-1227 and 3.3.1-1024

Procedure: flash 9.10.24, boot, reboot to recovery, factory reset, flash system image, reboot.

Device is stuck on Mi splash screen for ~5 seconds, reboots a couple times, does the same thing, then boots to recovery. No bootanimation, so I'm not even sure it's a bootloop, seems like it can't start the system at all.
Can't grab logs as adb is not running at the splash screen, also /proc/last_kmsg doesn't exist in recovery.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to get more information to fix this, or if anyone on Mi 8 SE managed to get a quack GSI to run, thanks.

hgelpke

Nov 6, 2008
Not sure if my opinion on this matters to you, but I've been using Berkley roms on my Note 10 as they have the same SoC and the roms work perfectly with little to no bugs. So when I saw the picture posted containing the Honor View 10, I reverted my phone to EMUI 8.2 through e-recovery and flashed the system image a-only through fastboot.

Phone booted up and it was stuck in the android bootlogo before the phone restarted itself back to e-recovery.

Not sure if it's because of EMUI 8.2 as I know the View 10 has EMUI 9 already.

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I'm on the US View 10 which is getting nothing. I'm on EMUI 9 and don't look like I'm getting anything more anytime soon.

atoyu

Jan 4, 2010
Asus Rog 2

Amazing rom
The only one that boots
Ultra fast and smooth

But
No 90 or 120 hz support
No always on display
Please fix

hi, can you show me step by step?
@suzook show me the step as below, please check if anythings wrong.
and do you know where to get the vbmeta.img? is this from the ROG 2 ROM? thz

1) You need a vbmeta.img from fastboot ROM.
2) Flash the vbmeta.img using the command, fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img, this is done to disable dm-verity to let the GSI boot.
3) Download the latest A/B GSI
4) Extract and flash the GSI using the command, fastboot flash system filename.img, replace filename with the name of the image.

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
Boots on Wileyfox Swift 2 Plus. but no fingerprint(wifi, Bluetooth works didn't check data as I didn't put a Sim card in) managed to transfer most of my apps but as Play Store is not certified, some would not even appear in the store.i see superuser is also installed, is there a way of un-installing superuser? as I would like to install Magisk (I did try via twrp, but I got a boot-loop) also the dark theme flickers on certain apps(including play store) but at least I know Android 10 boots on my phone!! roll on the updates! thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191029-164053.png
    Screenshot_20191029-164053.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,052
Last edited:

dhacke

Nov 4, 2018
i see superuser is also installed, is there a way of un-installing superuser? as I would like to install Magisk
@phhusson

I would also prefer Magisk instead of Superuser because of the following reasons:

1. The twrp for Android 10 needs still some time so i can't install Magisk over twrp atm (and as far as i see it there's no boot img provided from you to patch it via Magisk Manager).

2. My prefered Tracking and Adblocker (AdAway) works on Android 10 only via systemless mode which needs a Module in Magisk. And this module is missing without Magisk so AdAway doesn't work.
I tried it with Ad and Tracking blocker without root requirement (for example Blockada and Nebulo) but these apps breaks the built-in DNS over TLS.

So would appreciate Magisk instead of SuperUser, too.

Or does anybody know how i can get the boot.img out of booted system?

Last edited:

mathy007

Dec 29, 2012
warri
I'm using the latest Germany October vendor, and elementalx kernel, ?? not sure what's going on

Note: when changing rom (in this case gsi always go back to stock boot/vendor) so as to narrow down where issues might be from, flash stock os and try again this goes to all complaining of booting issues

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE

Tried with both system-quack-arm64-ab-vanilla and gapps version.

Device is using system as root and supports treble as per Treble Info app

Using as base xiaomi.eu 9.10.24 (Android 10), so it's an Android 10 vendor / firmware

Tried with TWRP 3.2.3-1227 and 3.3.1-1024

Procedure: flash 9.10.24, boot, reboot to recovery, factory reset, flash system image, reboot.

Device is stuck on Mi splash screen for ~5 seconds, reboots a couple times, does the same thing, then boots to recovery. No bootanimation, so I'm not even sure it's a bootloop, seems like it can't start the system at all.
Can't grab logs as adb is not running at the splash screen, also /proc/last_kmsg doesn't exist in recovery.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to get more information to fix this, or if anyone on Mi 8 SE managed to get a quack GSI to run, thanks.
1. Never use beta firmware, only use stable vendor releases
1. DON'T EVER INSTALL THOSE ****ING ****TY XIAOMI.EU FIRMWARES

mathy007

Dec 29, 2012
warri
@phhusson please add a note or a FAQ in the OP because i see a lot of noob here not doing things right hence the bootloop they should always be on stock boot/vendor to know if they can boot and also know if they're flashing the right variant.

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
@phhusson please add a note or a FAQ in the OP because i see a lot of noob here not doing things right hence the bootloop they should always be on stock boot/vendor to know if they can boot and also know if they're flashing the right variant.
There was already an explanation as to which variant to flash...
I added a Question about which vendor to use.

guglicap

Apr 1, 2017
OnePlus 6
1. Never use beta firmware, only use stable vendor releases
1. DON'T EVER INSTALL THOSE ****ING ****TY XIAOMI.EU FIRMWARES

Uh, that's interesting considering pretty much every GSI on this phone was running off of a xiaomi.eu firmeare... not even sure it's possible to run it off of Chinese vendor / firmware. I'm pretty sure I've never seen it at least. Guess I'll wait for the next stable miui release, it'll likely be based on Android 10 and I'll try with that vendor then. In the meanwhile if anyone's currently running a Quack GSI on sirius, please hit me up.

EDIT: so I've had a look at the xiaomi devices in the treble_experimentations wiki and it looks like mi 8 se is the only one which is only available in China. This might be why we're forced to use xiaomi.eu firmware, as this phone unlike other Xiaomi doesn't have a global miui version.

Last edited:

cdudeman

Jun 5, 2010
Weatherford TX
I was able to get this rom to boot on a Umidigi X, but the storage size is only showing 5gb instead of what it should be which is 128gb. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Here is the thread about Phh-Treble for Android 10.0, codename Quack.

The goal of Phh-Treble for Android 10.0 is the same as for Android 8.0, 8.1, and 9.0: Bring latest AOSP to the maximum number of devices running Google-certified Treble[1], with full hardware support.

You can download latest release at https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases

Which variant do I pick
    To know which variant to download, use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tk.hack5.treblecheck . Don't use other Treble Check apps, they'll give erronous informations.
    And then, you're free to choose between vanilla and gapps variant.

What works?
    On some devices, everything. They are still not the majority though.

What you can expect on the majority of devices?
    It should boot successfully on pretty much all devices with Google-certified Treble. [1]
    Most features should work on the majority of devices out-of-the-box: RIL, WiFi, brightness control, buttons, gestures, ...
    However, many devices still have issues with hardware video decoding and camera.

Is device XXX supported?
    If it's a Google-certified Treble, yes it is. Unlike Google's GSI, Treble devices supported, there is no exception.
    There might be bugs of course, but if you help me, I'll fix them!

Which vendor to use?
    1. Always use your actual device's vendor
    2. Always use OEM unmodified vendor, not some custom vendor
    3. This includes boot.img. boot.img and vendor MUST BE the same version.
    4. If you're on an Android 8.0 vendor, you'll need to stick to vendors with Security Patch Level before April 2019 (that's a bug of my GSI)

Enjoy!

[1] How do I know my device is Google-certified Treble?
    Well it's easy, if your device has first been released with Oreo or more recent, and it has google apps, it has a Google-certified Treble.
    Please note that this means only the vendor provided by the OEM is certified, not the one from device-specific ROM.
    do you plan on doing it?
    Yes, though I've been planning it for more than a year.
    Just flashed v211. What is this green dot on the lockscreen for? If I push it the screen dims and the green dot becomes brighter.
    Right, that's a fail from me, that will be fixed in next release.
    That's intended for devices with optical under-display fingerprint.
    I'm respinning a v212 to fix that.
    Well not working on V40 with LOS 17 android 10 base... haven't tried with Stock LG Pie base tho....
    Use stock vendor. It is very likely lineage breaks Treble compatibility.

works fine on sony xperia 10 dual sim + android 10 software binaries
    Thanks for the report.
    Could you update https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/ and create a page for your device mentioning your tests?

- adaptive brightness doesnt work, i can change brightness....but the automatic change isnt there....someone get what i mean?
    - battery stats....there is no app data....only the graph
    Those are fairly easy to fix, you just need an overlay, based on infos from stock rom.
    There is a guide there https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/How-to-create-an-overlay? or a quite automatic script there: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/blob/master/overlay/generate.sh though I recommend you join @PHHtreble telegram group so I can help you create it.

ps i would love to continue seeing AOSP+su-nogapps :fingers-crossed:
    I definitely don't plan on obsoleting it. Though i'm interested, may I ask why you're using this one?

ps.: changelog said october security update? in options still september written?
    Yup my bad, that's indeed still september.
    Hopefully next should be proper november.

Its working perfectly. but it would be awesome if the fix was built in
    Well the zip itself is closed-source, I can't integrate it without its sources