[31.01.2021][WAHOO][ANDROID 11][4.4.253] Kirisakura-Wahoo Kernel 8.0.0

Search This thread

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Hey everybody,

please test the follwing kernel and report back. It is made for latest Android 10.

It´s flashable via EXKM or FKM.

I flashed it on my device and it seems to work fine. However the Pixel 2 XL, is not my daily driver any longer.
Please report back and once you guys confirm, everything is still working as it should I´ll release it officially.
Changelog will also be in the released post then.

Have a nice day.

Attachments

• Kirisakura_WAHOO_7.0.0_Release.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Dandaivin123

Oct 18, 2016
Hey everybody,

please test the follwing kernel and report back. It is made for latest Android 10.

I flashed it on my device and it seems to work fine. However the Pixel 2 XL, is not my daily driver any longer.
Please report back and once you guys confirm, everything is still working as it should I´ll release it officially.

Have a nice day.

Just flashed the kernel, everything is working fine so far. I'll comment if anything goes awry.

Thank you for your work!!

Bverns88

Jun 22, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
Hey everybody,

Have a nice day.
So rad. Used this all throughout A9. Can't wait to see how this goes on A10. Just flashed sultans so will see how that goes then flash this. Thanks again much appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: bluey45

rwanek

Jan 5, 2012
warsaw
Hey everybody,

Have a nice day.

just installed on my 2xl latest october, will report but it already feels snappier. thanks!

ilgonzo

Jun 25, 2015
Verona
Thanks for kirisakura 7.0 ?
it is possible to flash with twrp?
Thanks a lot

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs

bluey45

Jun 29, 2011
Hey everybody,

Have a nice day.
Thank you mate! I'll give it a try and report back

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
That's what I did. Unlike the other kernels I have tried, you don't have to reinstall magisk with this one after installation.
Thanks for the reminder actually.
I need to change the OP to reflect this change properly!

And thanks for confirming that TWRP works also fine. (it should of course, confirmation is always nice to have)
I rarely use TWRP these days, as I can do everything I want with magisk once I have flashed a magisk patched boot.img.

Bverns88

Jun 22, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
Thanks for the reminder actually.
I need to change the OP to reflect this change properly!

And thanks for confirming that TWRP works also fine. (it should of course, confirmation is always nice to have)
I rarely use TWRP these days, as I can do everything I want with magisk once I have flashed a magisk patched boot.img.
No problem. Honestly used this Kernel a whole year on A9, never upgraded past the December security patch. Worked great the whole time. Using ADB fastboot and just flashing the Twrp image without installing it works great. Flashing the latest twrp zip is quite stable though. Only issue is the mounting errors when installing things but it should not cause any problems...at least it has not for me thus far.

Reactions: Freak07

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
No problem. Honestly used this Kernel a whole year on A9, never upgraded past the December security patch. Worked great the whole time. Using ADB fastboot and just flashing the Twrp image without installing it works great. Flashing the latest twrp zip is quite stable though. Only issue is the mounting errors when installing things but it should not cause any problems...at least it has not for me thus far.

It’s not a question of, if TWRP works, but if I personally need it at all.

I have no use for TWRP on stock roms currently. It isn’t more convenient for me, as I have to use fastboot to boot the TWRP.img as well, as when flashing a magisk patched boot.img. So a PC is needed in any case to get rooted.

Once I’m rooted I can flash kernels or boot.imgs via EXKM or FKM. And all other modifications, if I want any, I can simply do via magisk.

Bverns88

Jun 22, 2012
Chattanooga, TN

I have no use for TWRP on stock roms currently. It isn’t more convenient for me, as I have to use fastboot to boot the TWRP.img as well, as when flashing a magisk patched boot.img. So a PC is needed in any case to get rooted.

Once I’m rooted I can flash kernels or boot.imgs via EXKM or FKM. And all other modifications, if I want any, I can simply do via magisk.
Yeep. Nice.

bluey45

Jun 29, 2011

Yeah same here, that's what I do as well.

rwanek

Jan 5, 2012
warsaw
after 24h of use noticed only 1 annoying thing, but I'm not sure if its related to custom kernel:
- Device Personalization Services keeps closing with annoying popup - don't know if this mess with some other services? could you please check if you can open: settings-privacy-advanced-Device Personalization Services. mine doesn't open, juz exits to main settings page.

thanks for feedback

bluey45

Jun 29, 2011
after 24h of use noticed only 1 annoying thing, but I'm not sure if its related to custom kernel:
- Device Personalization Services keeps closing with annoying popup - don't know if this mess with some other services? could you please check if you can open: settings-privacy-advanced-Device Personalization Services. mine doesn't open, juz exits to main settings page.

thanks for feedback
Mine is working OK for device personalisation. Didn't crash for me though.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Thanks @Freak07 the current kernel v7 is working fine on my P2XL running A10 on October patch, flashed using FKM. No issues so far. Thanks for your hard work in keeping the kernel updated. Much appreciated!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts