[XPOSED][7.0/6.0] Nougat/Marshmallow SD Fix v2.0- save files in external sd card!

Search This thread

dib3ns

Oct 15, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Pocket
Installed this Xposed module from Xposed repository. It appears functional, but does not actually allow apps to write files into external sd card. After trying various fixes it appears that it needs a kernel that is not SELinux Enforcing

My system:
Samsung Galaxy Note4 SM-N910F
Latest stock firmware 6.0.1
Rooted with TWRP + Magisk
Xposed custom build by wanam (TouchWiz compatible)
BusyBox by Meefik

Other than that the module is great looking, easy to use and pretty straightforward.

Reactions: Kürt Enes

kodein

Jul 4, 2010
Zlín
Sony Xperia 1 V
Installed this Xposed module from Xposed repository. It appears functional, but does not actually allow apps to write files into external sd card. After trying various fixes it appears that it needs a kernel that is not SELinux Enforcing

My system:
Samsung Galaxy Note4 SM-N910F
Latest stock firmware 6.0.1
Rooted with TWRP + Magisk
Xposed custom build by wanam (TouchWiz compatible)
BusyBox by Meefik

Other than that the module is great looking, easy to use and pretty straightforward.
Even better is xinternal sd. But she doesn't work with edxposed ...
And so far no one has been found willing to upgrade to edxposed

Reactions: Kürt Enes

tyranzero

Dec 22, 2022
how does this work? read the very front 'allow app save files/write into sd card'
but what about 'app size'?
does it only save user data into sd card while app in internal, or can put app in sd card while write user data in sd card

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all!

Simple: This module allows your favorite app to save files (write) to your external SD card in Marshmallow.

Download:

Download from Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.balamurugan.marshmallowsdfix

Note: The app works as such for Nougat too. Let me know if you face any issue.

If you have issues, try this fix:

I've been wanting to put this here for months since i first tired this mod out, i was on marshmallow at the time on a Chinese makeof phone, and was trying hard to get it to work! I simply couldn't, no matter what i tried at that time !

However since i was using the systemless xposed with magisk i thought of trying a magisk module to set selinux as permissive rather than enforcing before xposed itself is loaded up, and then this module worked a treat! Trying to set selinux as permissive via an app after booting wasn't successful in this regard !

Now I'm on nougat with the LG v20 and tested this module out again after setting selinux as permissive with that magisk module and it again worked! I honestly believe that that is the simple fix for a lot of people who complained about various issues with this module. Here is the magisk module:

https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-magisk-selinux-permissive-script-t3577549

See attachments.

Steps:

• Download and install module.
    • Enable in Xposed Installer.
    • Choose your apps which require write access.
    • Reboot!

App updates will not disturb this configuration, unless the developer changes the package name (rarely happens. If so, follow the 4 steps again).

Screens:
    attachment.php

attachment.php

Example - Titanium Backup can now backup to my external SD card.

attachment.php

Tested on CM13. Should work on all Marshmallow devices.

Try it out and let me know if there's any bug.
    This app is ad-supported. Bear with me (only bottom banner - no overlay/full screen ****).

Xposed repo: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.balamurugan.marshmallowsdfix

Credits:
    rovo89 for the awesome Xposed framework
    C3C076 for GravityBox module

FAQ:

Try if this doesn't work on few apps.
    Looks like some users are misinterpreted this module.
    This module only gives external SD card full excess. For Example Titanium Backup.
    Titanium Backup not asking for Sdcard excess, instead they used Document Provider Storage Option. Whichi is very slow specially when u have more than 4 gb backup files.
    But using this module we can select native file system storage of Titanium backup. Which make backup & restore very quick.

For those apps which doent have external storage, should try two xposed module. XinternalSD and Marshmallow SD Fix.
    Like Whatsapp, Tubemate, ADM, Viper4Android etc.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Change log:
    v2.0
    * App list is now sorted in alphabetical order
    * Selecting an app now doesn't take you to the top of the list.

v1.0
    * Intial release.
    Works perfectly on RR, I only notived two little UI issues: The apps in the list are completely random, please sort them alphabetically and the list reloads when you tick an app.
    everything is good till now sony xperia z2 mm but i have a suggestions if you can make it it will be great,

1 -sorting apps because its sorted randomly.
    2 -ability to choose all apps with one click.
    3 -ability to search an app it will be much easier.
    thank you for this module :good:.
    v2.0 uploaded.

v2.0 is now out, with minor changes:

* App list is now sorted in alphabetical order
    * Selecting an app now doesn't take you to the top of the list.

Get it from the attachments in OP or from the Xposed repository. :good:
    Noted. Will try to fix them! :)