henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
G965FXXU3ZSKD Android 10/OneUI 2.0 Beta1

5Uaxo8.png
etDtyd.jpg

G965F_CSK1_ZSKD (Thanks to SamMobile)

Note: you need to be at this firmware (India - INS)

G965FXXU7CSK1/G965FOXM7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSK1

Last edited:

KeTuRr74

I am on CSJ3 is it problem to sideload on this firmware? can someone make a detailed guide? thanks in advance.

No you can't sideload it, it will give you an error.
You have to be on the latest Indian firmware wich is the G965FXXU7CSK1 firmware.

Installation instructions by @henklbr

ADB-method:
1. Download SDK platform tools from here https://developer.android.com/studio...platform-tools
2. Extract them on your desktop.
3. Inside the extracted folder put the update.zip
4. Inside this folder, holding left shift, right click the mouse and select "open command prompt here". The command prompt will open.
5. Shutdown the phone.
6. Holding power+bixby+volume up buttons, enter into recovery mode.
7. Select "update via ADB". (you scroll down using the volume buttons and select using the power button).
8. Connect the phone to the PC using original samsung USB cable.
9. In the command prompt run the following command:
./adb devices
10. Wait to see that the daemon has started and that your device is found.
11. If you device is found, run the following command:
./adb sideload update.zip

The update process will start. You will see a percentage counting. First it will verify, then patch etc. Do not move the cable, disconnect the phone or power off the PC.
Once the process is completed (it takes some time) the phone will boot itself, update the apps and log into your home screen.

SD-card method:
1. Download the bin file and rename it to update.zip (by going to file options in win10 you can select to view the file extensions. This makes the renaming process much easier and safer, and avoids renaming the file to update.zip.zip)
2. Copy it to the root directory of your SDcard.
3. Shut down your phone.
4. Hold simultaneously Power+bixby+volume up buttons to get into stock recovery.
5. Using your volume keys navigate to "update via SdCard" and press power button to select it.
6. Again using volume keys navigate to the file "update.zip" and press power button to select it.
7. Update will start. Leave it till it completes. It will take some time.
8. Phone will reboot by itself and load android.

This will not trip KNOX if done by the method i told

NOTE: THESE UPDATE.ZIP's ARE ONLY FOR DEVICES WITH MULTI-CSC OXM!!!
You can check this, to type in your dialer *#1234#, and check if OXM is in the CSC-build...

Last edited:

Mr.Januzi

Nov 5, 2015
Ferizaj
Some people say its also available for the UK also. Gonna do a backup and will test.

I have XEU csc which is unlocked UK, I have the beta programme notification, but when I press enroll, it says server error, i found out that on top it writes : status- withdrawn.
I don't have UK sim but i have a sim which is not related or registered to any CSC.

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Sorry I'm unrooted and all methods request root to take the zip file.

PS

I'm not sure what exactly is going on ,but I think I managed to download the OTA file, but it's in bin format?

Last edited:

kempshott

Dec 1, 2010
Shropshire
Help!

Unrooted standard UK phone (XEU). Signed up for beta, downloaded update OTA and get a bootloop after it installed . On boot input PIN pattern, SAMSUNG logo, reboot then after about 3 reboots get attached screen. I've tried erasing app data as suggested but it makes no difference.

Can I get back to Pie via ODIN if I can get into download mode, or is there something else?

Attachments

• s9beta01.jpg
    s9beta01.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 637
Last edited:
Reactions: Rikki198401

KeTuRr74

Sorry I'm unrooted and all methods request root to take the zip file.

PS

I'm not sure what exactly is going on ,but I think I managed to download the OTA file, but it's in bin format?

You have the ability to catch the link with a proxy server but i dont have the right procedure to do it or (i'm not sure it's working) you can use adb logcat to see all request and find the right link to the beta

The downloaded file is a bin file, you just have to rename it to "update.zip" to flash it

Reactions: Leon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot-4.png

Hello everyone!

I decided to make a thread, where we can discuss the upcoming update for our lovely device Galaxy S9+. Maybe it's too early for this discussion, or not? I hope the moderators don't mind... I'm very excited about the update and a little bit frustrated that we will not get the beta first. I may upgrade to Note 10+, but I'm not yet sure, because I love too much my S9+ - the design, the screen, feels like everything is perfect though. Only miss the wide-angle camera :p

The beta program just started! Currently available in India, Korea, and the UK. Thanks to SamMobile we had the first build which you can find below.

The second beta will be available next week, according to SamMobile.

The second beta is out. You can find download links and changelog below.

The third beta is out. You can find download links and changelog below, as usual. The changelog on this one is pretty short and everything looks very stable. I guess is safe to say we can expect very soon stable release.​
    Beta N 5 came out today. You can find links and changelog below, as usual.

Beta N6 is out. Links below.

Samsung has released the Android 10 update for the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+. The update is rolling out in Germany at the moment for those who are on Android Pie. Yes, the final build of Android 10 is yet to be released for those who are on the One UI 2.0 beta, though that is probably going to change soon.

Beta Builds

G960F_CSK1_ZSKD (S9) (Beta 1) (Exynos) - LINK

G965F_CSK1_ZSKD (S9+) (Beta 1) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2

G960F_ZSKD_ZSL2 (S9) (Beta 2) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2

G965F_ZSKD_ZSL2 (S9+) (Beta 2) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2

G960F_ZSL2_ZSL9 (S9) (Beta 3) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSL2_ZSL9 (S9+) (Beta 3) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSL9_ZSLC (S9+) (Beta 4) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSLC_ZSLG (S9+) (Beta 4) (HotFix) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSLC_ZTA2 (S9+) (Beta 5) (Exynos) - LINK

G965F_ZTA2_ZTA9 (S9+) (Beta 6) (Exynos) - LINK

G965F_ZTA9_DTAA (S9+) (Stable Version) (Exynos) (The last one) - LINK

Alternative, direct links for the betas 4, 4 Hotfix, 5, and 6: thanks to @mchaimech - LINK

Installation instructions - HERE

About the ROOT, check - this and this

All credits to @sammobile and @henklbr who saved the day!

From where to download the stock firmware

I see people still asking from where to download it, since @sammobile[/user] need premium acc for faster download. There are a few alternatives that are very easy to use and I thought everyone Samsung fan knows them but it seems I was wrong. Gonna share them here.

1. Updato.com
    This is for people who don't want to install any additional software. However, seems full of ads. If that doesn't bother you, use it.

2. SamFirm 0.3.6
    It's deprecated but still working though.

3. Frija
    This is the most updated with very nice interface. I would recommend it.

Mirros to Google Drive with stock firmware:

Android 9 Pie

Android 10 Q

G965FXXU7DTAA/G965FOXM7DTAA/G965FXXU7DTA3/G965FXXU7DTAA

G965FXXS9DTD7/G965FOXM9DTD7/G965FXXS9DTD7/G965FXXS9DTD7

G965FXXU9ETF5/G965FOXM9ETF2/G965FXXU9ETF2/G965FXXU9ETF5

G965FXXUCFTJ2/G965FOXMCFTJ2/G965FXXUCFTJ1/G965FXXUCFTJ2

Changelog:

Camera
    • Single Take
    • Pro Video
    • AR Zone (Picture Link, updated AR Emoji, Stickers)
    • AR Doodle
    • My Filters
    • Shot Suggestions
    • Selfie Tone
    • Smooth zoom transition
    • Recording with shutter button in Photo mode
    • Swipe down gesture on the shutter button
    • Night Mode on selfie and telephoto modes

APPs

• My Files – Network Storage
    • Gallery – Quick Crop and Clean View
    • Messages – Categories and custom chat backgrounds
    • Samsung Dex – Snapping windows with mouse
    • Link to Windows/Your Phone – Shared clippoard
    • System
    • Quick Share
    • Music Share
    • Deep sleeping apps
    • Changes in few settings pages
    • More screen zoom options

Keyboard

• New design
    • Better haptic feedback (for example when deleting text)
    • Undo/Redo gestures
    • Spotify and Netflix integration
    • Search, Translate and Samsung Pass were added
    • Changes in Handwriting mode

Notes, related to the beta builds:

1. I think it was a mention somewhere but will write it here also. Both files are in .bin format. You need to rename them in update .zip so you can flash them through stock recovery.

2. You can't flash it directly if you are rooted, need to be completely sock - this includes the stock recovery. Also, you should be on this firmware G965FXXU7CSK1/G965FOXM7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSK1. When new beta's come out you will need to flash them as the way they came out, like beta1->beta2 and etc.

3. The USA and Korean builds are not compatible with the rest models. Be careful what you flash on your device. By the tip to remove them to not lead to confusion, I will separate them below in the spoiler. The authors of the files can feel free to make a new thread about the specific device.

Korean Builds

G960N_CSJ1_ZSKD (S9) (Beta 1) (Exynos) - LINK

G965N_ZSKD_ZSL2 (S9+) (Beta 2) (Exynos) - LINK

USA Builds

G965U1_ZSL3 (S9+) (Beta 1) (Snapdragon) - LINK

G965U1_ZSL3_ZSL9 (S9+) (Beta 2) (Snapdragon) - LINK

B]G965U1_ZSL9_ [/B] (S9+) (Beta 3) (Snapdragon) - LINK

Notes, related to Android 10:

• You can't install any more custom fonts on Android 10 unless you are rooted.
      Check the Galaxy store for your favorite font. If it's there you can buy it and use it.
    • Swift Installer, Substratum doesn't work anymore on S9/ S9+ like before.
      You need will the Synergy. However for me isn't working at all, so basically I can't use any substratum theme or mod. On the other hand Hex Installer works very well and I will recommend it.
    • Blocking ads with DNS still working.
    • Technically, there is no reason to not be able to receive OTA, after flashing stable DBT version with Odin. Just make sure you don't use CSC (use HOME_CSC instead) file to wipe everything and break something with your current CSC. I personally flashed CSC file by mistake, my CSC didn't change it but now I can't receive OTA. No big deal for me will flash it manually when there is a new update.
    • OTA files won't wipe anything. Some user reports that his phone is wiped after OTA, but this usually is impossible. A good idea is always to make a backup with Smart Switch before any procedure of this kind.
    • OTA files won't wipe anything. Some user reports that his phone is wiped after OTA, but this usually is impossible. A good idea is always to make a backup with Smart Switch before any procedure of this kind.
    • Yes, ROOT is possible on Android 10. Check THIS thread to see the steps for rooting.
    G965FXXU7ZSLG Android 10/OneUI 2.0 Beta4 HotFix

lvUUMW.jpg

S9+ Beta4 HotFix ZSLC -> ZSLG: G965F_ZSLC_ZSLG (Thanks to SamMobile)
    G965FXXU7ZTA9 Android 10/OneUI 2.0 Beta6

Fcm4C4.png
    3NSARD.jpg

S9+ Beta6 ZTA2 -> ZTA9: G965F_ZTA2_ZTA9 (Thanks to SamMobile)
    G965FXXU7ZSL2 Android 10/OneUI 2.0 Beta2

mf874P.jpg

S9+ Beta2 ZSKD -> ZSL2: G965F_ZSKD_ZSL2 (Thanks to SamMobile)
    G965FXXU3ZSKD Android 10/OneUI 2.0 Beta1

5Uaxo8.png
    etDtyd.jpg

G965F_CSK1_ZSKD (Thanks to SamMobile)

Note: you need to be at this firmware (India - INS)