[ROM][AICP][10][UNOFFICIAL]AICP Q for Redmi Note 4/4x [mido]

Search This thread

suyogg

May 20, 2015
logo_black.png

AICP
Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and we are now based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the GZOSP team, if it concerns their code base. This ROM isn't GZOSP supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
 */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
@maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
DU team
SlimRoms team
Resurrection Remix team
Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
@zipsnet
@eyosen
@semdoc
@SpiritCroc
@wartomato
@eboye
plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

downloads.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vgxeJQhduq7QJJOcDmn4bQlDVrAe1rB9/view?usp=drivesdk

Mirror 1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W962idihX2-hV1k7Rm3uTW89yN0ubxaP/view?usp=drivesdk

Mirror 2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RzQMIdRLjnKGBnd0PqkK7UafTBRbbEbQ/view?usp=drivesdk

changelog.png

Initial Release
Google Apps:
https://xdaforums.com/android/software/arm64-bitgapps-q-10-0-0-t3968500

issues.png

Goodix fingerprint dead

FAQ:
Before using the ROM:

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Flashing the ROM:
Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
A. NO.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterwards.

Using the ROM:

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Q. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
(Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
2. Boot to recovery (ORANGE FOX recommended).
3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and Vendor (you might need to format the data partition!).
4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
6. Reboot and set up your device enable developer settings and in them OEM unlock/Advanced reboot/USB tethering. (Optional)
7. Reboot back into recovery.
8. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
9. Reboot your device.

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable
Magisk versions >= 20.1

If you want to contribute to AICP, or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Rom Source Code: https://github.com/AICP
Kernel source:
https://github.com/zeelog/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953

Additional links:
My AICP Telegram channel

A BIG THANKS TO zeelog & Alaskalinuxuser
AICP, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
suyogg, sagar.rokade.982, Testing Team

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest stable
Based On: AICP

Version Information

Created 2019-12-02
Last Updated 2019-12-02

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191128-213944_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20191128-213944_Settings.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,131
  • Screenshot_20191128-213844_Aicp_Extras.png
    Screenshot_20191128-213844_Aicp_Extras.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 1,125
  • Screenshot_20191128-213958_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20191128-213958_Settings.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,126
Last edited:

SDUOS2

Jan 8, 2015
ZTE Axon 30
Finnaly Q ROM with HEXAGON Icon Shape :) It seems like a great and fast rom :)
Keep up with good work :) And if you can put more ICON SHAPES :) Thanks for this rom :)

Edit: That animation in recent files, animation for quick toggles, etc...

This ROM is really special :) Thanks again, I hope for new updated :D

Last edited:
Reactions: suyogg

comdata

Jun 2, 2018
any chance goodix can be fix in the future?

I think there will be a good chance to get goodix working on mido as soon as LineageOS 17 gets official for some XIAOMI devices, because mido is not the only device from XIAOMI with goodix fp sensor.

If you take a look to the four commits from Michael Bestas for android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8998 at gerrit code review,
https://review.lineageos.org/q/goodix
you will see he cleaned up the goodix driver and implementation. He should have the skills to make goodix driver working with Q in my opinion.

Making newer kernel (4.9 or higher) working with mido will be much more work. Artem Borisov is doing it on tissot.

In above link there is also a commit from Bruno Martins importing the goodix driver for LOS17-staging two weeks ago... I am be patient :)

We'll see the results in a few month.

Last edited:
Hi! Unfortunately I've encountered some issue:
a) For some reason, I'm unable to permanently set the quick settings icon shape from default to round. I resets to default after every reboot.
b) Returning to Oreo recents (vertical) by freezing Quickstep launcher aka. com.android.launcher3 (in Ice Box for example) doesn't work anymore. Couldn't tell if it's a bug or a feature of Android 10 itself, but I'm still super curious about a workaround.
Otherwise, it's a promising looking ROM, I'll be back after a few days to tell more about my experiences. Thank you for your hard work for keeping our device alive!

suyogg

May 20, 2015
Hi! Unfortunately I've encountered some issue:
a) For some reason, I'm unable to permanently set the quick settings icon shape from default to round. I resets to default after every reboot.
b) Returning to Oreo recents (vertical) by freezing Quickstep launcher aka. com.android.launcher3 (in Ice Box for example) doesn't work anymore. Couldn't tell if it's a bug or a feature of Android 10 itself, but I'm still super curious about a workaround.
Otherwise, it's a promising looking ROM, I'll be back after a few days to tell more about my experiences. Thank you for your hard work for keeping our device alive!

Would be very helpful if you could give some logs regarding the issue in the telegram group :)
Thanks for reporting the problems

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and we are now based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the GZOSP team, if it concerns their code base. This ROM isn't GZOSP supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    SlimRoms team
    Resurrection Remix team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @zipsnet
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @eboye
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

downloads.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vgxeJQhduq7QJJOcDmn4bQlDVrAe1rB9/view?usp=drivesdk

Mirror 1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W962idihX2-hV1k7Rm3uTW89yN0ubxaP/view?usp=drivesdk

Mirror 2
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RzQMIdRLjnKGBnd0PqkK7UafTBRbbEbQ/view?usp=drivesdk

changelog.png

Initial Release
    Google Apps:
    https://xdaforums.com/android/software/arm64-bitgapps-q-10-0-0-t3968500

issues.png

Goodix fingerprint dead

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
    A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. NO.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterwards.

Using the ROM:

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
    A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Q. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (ORANGE FOX recommended).
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and Vendor (you might need to format the data partition!).
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
    6. Reboot and set up your device enable developer settings and in them OEM unlock/Advanced reboot/USB tethering. (Optional)
    7. Reboot back into recovery.
    8. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    9. Reboot your device.

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable
    Magisk versions >= 20.1

If you want to contribute to AICP, or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Rom Source Code: https://github.com/AICP
    Kernel source:
    https://github.com/zeelog/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953

Additional links:
    My AICP Telegram channel

A BIG THANKS TO zeelog & Alaskalinuxuser
    AICP, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    suyogg, sagar.rokade.982, Testing Team

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest stable
    Based On: AICP

Version Information

Created 2019-12-02
    Last Updated 2019-12-02
    I have applied for official let's see how things go :)
    Next update as soon as the source is updated by the team :highfive::highfive:

I think there will be a good chance to get goodix working on mido as soon as LineageOS 17 gets official for some XIAOMI devices, because mido is not the only device from XIAOMI with goodix fp sensor.

If you take a look to the four commits from Michael Bestas for android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8998 at gerrit code review,
    https://review.lineageos.org/q/goodix
    you will see he cleaned up the goodix driver and implementation. He should have the skills to make goodix driver working with Q in my opinion.

Making newer kernel (4.9 or higher) working with mido will be much more work. Artem Borisov is doing it on tissot.

In above link there is also a commit from Bruno Martins importing the goodix driver for LOS17-staging two weeks ago... I am be patient :)

We'll see the results in a few month.

Soon I guess :fingers-crossed: :highfive: