TMobile Galaxy Note10+ 5G WAITING ROOM

Search This thread

BladeRunner

Jan 15, 2012
Same. It was bouncing me around the city.

Has anyone had problems with time and date thus affecting texts and so on?
One day the time and date changed automatically to something else. Texts were off because of it.

I went in and manually changed it and it fixed it

When I got the phone the time was off. I manually et it, then rechecked set time automatically button. It was fine for a while then the time was off again. I reset network settings and it has been fine ever since.

weasel18

Jan 28, 2016
Same. It was bouncing me around the city.

One day the time and date changed automatically to something else. Texts were off because of it.

Yes I have had multiple problems with the time, couple days ago it told me that we was the 15th at like 9pm, When in reality it was the 10th at like 2pm.
I had just come back from being in the mountains without any service so initially thought It was just because I came on/off a tower and maybe the towers time was screwed up. So I toggled automatic time off and on and it fixed it for a bit and then once I got home I noticed that the time was screwed up again so I toggle it again, and so far its stayed put. **crosses fingers, knocks on wood**

Although it is slightly annoying now because I have roughly 50 pictures that are stuck at the top of my camera roll because they were taking in the future, guess I didnt notice the screwed up time while I was there.

Also I have a text or 2 from a few different people that came in during that period where the time was wrong. So I have a few text threads stuck at the top, as well as a few snapchats stuck at the top till dec 15 @ 9pm :(

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
I really want the clock on right side but Goodlock Lockstar module is not yet compatible with Android 10. Also funny how this one came with Android 10 and yet Samsung is "testing" beta versions of Android 10 for regular Note 10+ lol

Reactions: weasel18

vhgomez36

Dec 16, 2008
Thanks, I was thinking Verizon note 10+5G has all the radio bands across the board of all galaxy note 10+ as long as we odin the specific carrier firmware, it should work with the said carrier. I gonna try to odin the TMobile note 10+5G SM-N976U firmware that I already downloaded and flash on my Verizon note 10+5G to see whether I get any 5G signal from tmobile.

Do you mind telling me where you got the firmware from? I've been looking but haven't found it.
Thanks

luckyfate

Dec 8, 2015
Do you mind telling me where you got the firmware from? I've been looking but haven't found it.
Thanks

No mind at all, I downloaded from www.samfrew.com
Just put the model SM-N976U for TMobile 10+5G. I accidentally updated Verizon firmware for December 2019 security patch, so it won't let me Odin the TMobile firmware on my Verizon Note 10+5G. Please let me know whether you can flash TMobile firmware on your phone. Thanks

Reactions: vhgomez36

vhgomez36

Dec 16, 2008
No mind at all, I downloaded from www.samfrew.com
Just put the model SM-N976U for TMobile 10+5G. I accidentally updated Verizon firmware for December 2019 security patch, so it won't let me Odin the TMobile firmware on my Verizon Note 10+5G. Please let me know whether you can flash TMobile firmware on your phone. Thanks

Np. 10 hours left for it to finish downloading. Lol

luckyfate

Dec 8, 2015
Came in here looking to see if 5G + GPS issues exist on this phone as well and it seems like they do. Darn

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
I've never had any issue with GPS on my Verizon note 10+5G N976V both on TMobile and Verizon networks. I have two sim cards, one is Verizon and another one is TMobile. I swap sim around when I want to.

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
I couldn't flash SM-N976U stock firmware on my Verizon Note 10+5G SM-N976V, Odin failed after checking file analysis, maybe I am on the latest Verizon firmware that I just updated on December 6, 2019.

No.. its because there signed with different keys.. probably some differences in firmware also

ourtech

Jul 25, 2008
I'm not buying into 5G until the chipsets are all inclusive of all the bands. Most likely a later 2020 or 2021 5G chipset. Maybe a Qualcomm 875 chipset? I'm on FI and carrier hopping is what it is built for. Having all the bands makes sense to me in this case.
It isn't just the chipset. The X55 in the T-Mobile Note 10+ 5G is the universal chipset that works on all bands. So why doesn't it work on all networks? Antennas. 5G mmWave reception is difficult as even your hand will block it. The mmWave antennas needed are an extra cost item from Qualcomm and since T-Mobile is not planning to expand its mmWave network anytime soon, those extra cost parts are not included. It is for that same reason that only the highest cost 5G iPhones next year are supposed to work on all bands (they are all supposed to have the x55 modem, but only the top models are supposed to do mmWave). The cost (and room) those antennas require will be hard to fit. So there is no reason for the carriers to add to their costs and make it easier at the same time to move to another carrier. Obviously the future brings improvements, but mmWave reception issues are partly due to physics and not just a chip design issue. Perhaps the phone manufacturers will give the carriers no choice, but I think the carriers like the exclusive nature of the 5G phone. Time will tell.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Odd, Shortly after I received mine on 12/6, a day or 2 after receipt, the date bumped up perhaps 5 days in advance. Phone calls and texts both had the wrong time stamp and that messed things up for days. When I saw it, I rebooted the phone and it fixed itself. Fast forward to yesterday and I look down at my phone and everything is OK. I look 5 minutes later and it is 3 days and 7 hours later. I was not actively using the phone at this time and it just changed. I again rebooted it and it fixed itself, this time thankfully before a text or call came through.

It was at this point that I realized that there is no apparent way to log some feedback. I had been beta testing 10 on my S10+ and there was a feedback option. But I don't seem to see a way to report this. It is obviously some type of bug.

Update - I did report it through the Samsung Members app. I encourage anyone that has had date issues to do the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael in ATL

skygear

Apr 7, 2006
It isn't just the chipset. The X55 in the T-Mobile Note 10+ 5G is the universal chipset that works on all bands. So why doesn't it work on all networks? Antennas. 5G mmWave reception is difficult as even your hand will block it. The mmWave antennas needed are an extra cost item from Qualcomm and since T-Mobile is not planning to expand its mmWave network anytime soon, those extra cost parts are not included. It is for that same reason that only the highest cost 5G iPhones next year are supposed to work on all bands (they are all supposed to have the x55 modem, but only the top models are supposed to do mmWave). The cost (and room) those antennas require will be hard to fit. So there is no reason for the carriers to add to their costs and make it easier at the same time to move to another carrier. Obviously the future brings improvements, but mmWave reception issues are partly due to physics and not just a chip design issue. Perhaps the phone manufacturers will give the carriers no choice, but I think the carriers like the exclusive nature of the 5G phone. Time will tell.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

This is nothing new. Carriers always did it this way. Band specific devices to cut costs etc. Nothing new... No on the contrary. I am Not wanting a Carrier Specific device. I tend to buy the U1 XAA versions and want the sprint mid bandwidth when that merger happens. I'm well versed in the X55, physics, mm wave, etc. Again though. Having everything on a single chip allows for more efficient use of power and less heat. LONGER BATTERY LIFE. I like stepping forward, not getting the incremental updates that the Manufacturers like to put together to keep the public buying EVERY DEVICE to get the few updates they are willing to release. NOTE 10+ is a great device. Still lacking in many ways and could have been better if the "rumored" specs were on par. Most of the time, the "Rumored" specs are way out of wack. For a ~$1,300 device. I should be able to have the options I want. Similar to configuring a laptop.

Reactions: Michael in ATL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My phone just arrived
    I saw T-mobile website say note10+ 5g will come with Android 10, anyone can confirm?

Other than the 5G feature, how is the Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G different than the current Samsung Galaxy Note10+?

In addition to all the great features of the Samsung Galaxy Note10+, such as the large 6.8” QHD+ display, intelligent S Pen, and powerful battery, the new Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G will have the 5G-enabled modem and come with the new Android 10 OS out of the box.

What model number and CPU on 5G model?
    Nice to have an intelligent response! I really can't believe I seem to be the only one that pre-ordered this phone. Usually the pre-order waiting room threads are huge.

I will let you know if it actually comes with Android 10 once I receive mine.
    My question is genuine

Why are you sharing this with us?
    Is the T Mobile 5G Variant something special?
    Is it specially hard to get?

This is nothing new. Carriers always did it this way. Band specific devices to cut costs etc. Nothing new... No on the contrary. I am Not wanting a Carrier Specific device. I tend to buy the U1 XAA versions and want the sprint mid bandwidth when that merger happens. I'm well versed in the X55, physics, mm wave, etc. Again though. Having everything on a single chip allows for more efficient use of power and less heat. LONGER BATTERY LIFE. I like stepping forward, not getting the incremental updates that the Manufacturers like to put together to keep the public buying EVERY DEVICE to get the few updates they are willing to release. NOTE 10+ is a great device. Still lacking in many ways and could have been better if the "rumored" specs were on par. Most of the time, the "Rumored" specs are way out of wack. For a ~$1,300 device. I should be able to have the options I want. Similar to configuring a laptop.