[OFFICIAL][a3xelte][SM-A310F]Lineage OS 17.1 for A3 2016

Search This thread

thebinf

Jan 6, 2016
Odd, that is the same version OpenGapps I tested with and it worked fine. Try re-downloading it, maybe the download is corrupted?
Okay, I'll try the Nano version and will provide feedback. Where can I find logging information from the boot up in case it fails again? "/proc/last_kmsg"?

Best regards,
thebinf

mik128bit

Jan 20, 2020
Yerevan
Always on Display isn't enabled

Hi Dany,
I've installed it yesterday. Everything works fine. But the Always On Display is not enabled in Settings>Display>Lock Screen Display.

fenekatomico

Jan 24, 2019
Thanks, danwood76!! You are our hero!! It's gonna be amazing to enjoy android 10 in our phones!!

One question, I have installed your Official Lineage Os 16 ROM. In order to update to Unofficial LOS 17, can I do it with a dirty flash? Or it's impossible, and I have to delete all my data?

Thank you very very much!

[GER]Roxxor

New release just uploaded!

Code:
Changes in the 21/01/2020 release:
[INDENT]- WBS BT calling is fixed
- WiFi hotspot fixed
LOS Updates including:
- Ambient display settings now visible
- System profiles
- Dark mode fixes
[/INDENT]

Regards,
Danny

Hi!
One bug is that I have to reapply the "Standard" Colour Profile after each reboot. It gets reset to "Dynamic" every time after rebooting the device. Do you have some influence on changing this behaviour?

thebinf

Jan 6, 2016
Hi,
Probably no one is doing that anyway but it turned out that my installation problems (bootloop after OpenGapps installation) were caused by letting TWRP install its app before first boot. Thus, in case anyone encounters similar issues be sure not to install the TWRP app.
Best regards,
thebinf

Reactions: danwood76

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Hi,
Probably no one is doing that anyway but it turned out that my installation problems (bootloop after OpenGapps installation) were caused by letting TWRP install its app before first boot. Thus, in case anyone encounters similar issues be sure not to install the TWRP app.
Best regards,
thebinf

Thanks for the update.

I will add a note to the install instructions!

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Talking about recoveries and TWRP nagging about its app: Are you considering the LineageOS recovery? I have never seen it, don't know about the features. But using LineageOS Recovery should prevent such issues, shouldn't it?

LineageOS recovery is working in my current builds and is a support requirement going forwards.

Unfortunately OpenGapps doesn't currently install in it so I am still recommending TWRP for now.

alexax66

Jun 29, 2014
Obninsk

Code:
- WiFi hotspot fixed
LOS Updates including:
- System profiles
- Dark mode fixes
[/INDENT]

Regards,
Danny

Thank you for work under LOS17

I found 2 bugs.

1. There are repeated errors in logcat:
Code:
01-23 20:06:54.162  2620  2620 D wrapperGPS: wrapperisConnected_RILD
01-23 20:06:54.162  2620  2620 D wrapperGPS: wrapperConnect_RILD
01-23 20:06:54.163  2620  2620 D wrapperGPS: wrapperisConnected_RILD
01-23 20:06:54.163  2620  2620 D gpsd    : WakeLock(Release,GPSD)
01-23 20:06:54.164  2620  6215 D [COLOR="Red"]wrapperGPS: onError: error 4[/COLOR]

This errors occurs because gpsd was moved into /system/vendor/bin and libsec-ril.so and libsec-ril-dsds.so contain a hard path /system/bin/gpsd.
I changed it to /vendor/bin/gpsd and replaced those libs with patched libs. Now no those errors

2. I used f2fs for DATA partition long time since los14, but this don't work in los17.1

Bug in fstab.samsungexynos7580:
Code:
/dev/block/platform/13540000.dwmmc0/by-name/USERDATA    /data       f2fs    [COLOR="Red"]nosuid,nodev,noatime,noauto_da_alloc,discard,journal_async_commit,errors=panic[/COLOR]  wait,check,encryptable=footer

Must be:

Code:
/dev/block/platform/13540000.dwmmc0/by-name/USERDATA    /data       f2fs    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,inline_xattr [/COLOR]  wait,check,encryptable=footer

I fixed it and now all works fine.

Best regards!

Attachments

• patched_libs.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Reactions: danwood76

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015

Thank you for work under LOS17

I found 2 bugs.

1. There are repeated errors in logcat:

This errors occurs because gpsd was moved into /system/vendor/bin and libsec-ril.so and libsec-ril-dsds.so contain a hard path /system/bin/gpsd.
I changed it to /vendor/bin/gpsd and replaced those libs with patched libs. Now no those errors

2. I used f2fs for DATA partition long time since los14, but this don't work in los17.1

Must be:

Best regards!

Thanks for spotting the GPS bug, I hadn't seen that. I will patch them properly in my device trees.

Not sure about the f2fs changes. Can you format that in TWRP?

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015

Code:
/dev/block/platform/13540000.dwmmc0/by-name/USERDATA    /data       f2fs    [COLOR="Red"]nosuid,nodev,noatime,noauto_da_alloc,discard,journal_async_commit,errors=panic[/COLOR]  wait,check,encryptable=footer

Must be:

Code:
/dev/block/platform/13540000.dwmmc0/by-name/USERDATA    /data       f2fs    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,inline_xattr [/COLOR]  wait,check,encryptable=footer

Best regards!

Is it because of this commit?

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_universal7580-common/+/256513

I think @Stricted was simply syncing the ext4 f2fs mount options, which obviously didn't work :)

alexax66

Jun 29, 2014
Obninsk

Attachments

• patched_fstab.samsungexynos7580.zip
    847 bytes · Views: 11
Last edited:

alexax66

Jun 29, 2014
Obninsk
The Problem is solved after I changed the Chache-Partition from f2fs to ext3!

Mounting CAHE in F2FS format have the same bug as DATA in fstab.samsungexynos7580:

Code:
/dev/block/platform/13540000.dwmmc0/by-name/CACHE   /cache  f2fs nosuid,nodev,noatime,[COLOR="Red"]noauto_da_alloc,discard,journal_async_commit[/COLOR],errors=panic  wait,check

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Introduction

LineageOS 17.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. The port for the Exynos7580 based devices was created by @Stricted and I along with many contributions from other people in the Android community.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What works
    Calls, SMS, Mobile Data
    Camera
    NFC
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    Torch
    Sensors
    GPS
    SELinux Enforcing
    HWC​
    What doesn't work
    IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.
    WiFi tether (hotspot) not functional (fixed in 21/01/2020 release)
    HD headsets in call not working (fixed in 21/01/2020 release)
    NFC HCE (GooglePay etc) fixed in 07/03/2020 release
    You tell me!
    There are still quite a few features that are not yet completed for LineageOS 17.1, these are not bugs this is a beta release.
    Any hardware related issues will be ignored if you do not provide:
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Also do not under any circumstances post bug reports if you are using substratum themes or unsupported magisk modules or you have performed any system modifications

Installation
    Install the latest TWRP (Available Here)
    Make a full backup (just in case something goes wrong)
    Do a full wipe (Cache, Data, System)
    If this is your first time on a LineageOS ROM format data
    Download the latest LOS build and transfer it to your phone
    Install LOS
    If you are installing GApps do it at the same time (preferably in the same install queue)
    And finally boot, the first boot can take several minutes as it optimises all the apps
    Do NOT install the TWRP app when prompted, this will cause a bootloop
    Downloads
    Latest official releases HERE
    Latest unofficial releases HERE
    OpenGapps HERE
    Flashable recoveries: HERE
    TWRP is availableHERE
    Magisk is available HERE
    Thanks
    @Stricted
    @l-0-w
    @sekil
    @alexax66
    @macs18max (BT call audio fix)
    @Borduni
    All the testers on the Discord group (https://discord.gg/8fp9cr7)
    And all others who have contributed to the Exynos projects past and present
    A special thanks to my donors
    Markus Anders
    @D4ND310
    @epicwilmo
    @tyson
    @thebinf
    @Herti
    @pixelou
    @xavier66
    And any that I missed :D

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 17.1 for A3 2016, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series

Contributors
    danwood76, stricted
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-01-17
    Last Updated 2020-05-29​
    To update to the new official builds I have updated my migration zip with the new keys for official 17.1.

It is available here (obviously use the 17.1 version):
    https://mega.nz/folder/rUxWBKQT#0j0324DVoZi62fT7mpwHlw

I would advise you to use the lineage recovery if you do not use the extra features of TWRP as it is more up to date.

Regards,
    Danny
    New update uploaded which enables the new HIDL power HAL, more power saving modes are now available (thanks @Stricted).

Code:
    Changes in the 16/02/2020 release:
    [INDENT]-Switched to new HIDL power HAL
    -Synced to latest LOS (including February security patch)
    [/INDENT]

Regards,
    Danny
    Hi,

New update just uploaded:

Code:
    Changes in the 12/03/2020 release:
    [INDENT]-Added mounting of ext4 formatted SD cards
    -Synced to latest LOS (including March security patch)
    [/INDENT]

Regards,
    Danny

Code:
    - WiFi hotspot fixed
    LOS Updates including:
    - System profiles
    - Dark mode fixes