[OnePlus 6T (Global)][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Repo of Oxygen OS Builds

Search This thread

zlebors

Jan 2, 2012
Jakarta
Hi, is it possible to dirty flash from Android 10 OOS 1.0.3.0 to OB4 via TWRP Recovery? will it wipe internal storage?

hank81

Account currently disabled
Mar 11, 2015
Usa
Hi, is it possible to dirty flash from Android 10 OOS 1.0.3.0 to OB4 via TWRP Recovery? will it wipe internal storage?
Flashing OB releases doesn't wipe data.
Anyway, v10.3.1 is being rolled out atm so I would hold on.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A6013 mediante Tapatalk

flyoffacliff

Jun 4, 2014
How do you get the regular IMG files to be flashed with the "local update" option? Is there a reason they (the community I am assuming) made these ZIPs to be flashed from recovery instead? Any differences or advantages/disadvantages? Thanks

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
How do you get the regular IMG files to be flashed with the "local update" option? Is there a reason they (the community I am assuming) made these ZIPs to be flashed from recovery instead? Any differences or advantages/disadvantages? Thanks

You can't.
Local update only deals with zip files as stock recovery can't deal with .img files without a script. And twrp can flash .img files directly but AFAIK not for every partition without a script.

Fastboot flashing can use .img files you have a thread for that

jova33

Oct 12, 2011
Houston
Question, how do I flash the OTA in TWRP on this phone?

Last time I took the OTA from the system and had to go through a bunch of hoopla to get Magisk working again. I haven't had a side A/B phone in a while, so I don't want to do something stupid to brick it.

TIA

Edit: never mind, found the guide.

Last edited:

fayded

Dec 24, 2012
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Question, how do I flash the OTA in TWRP on this phone?

Last time I took the OTA from the system and had to go through a bunch of hoopla to get Magisk working again. I haven't had a side A/B phone in a while, so I don't want to do something stupid to brick it.

TIA

Edit: never mind, found the guide.

Can you pls link me guide you used?

from 9 to 10 I just flashed full OOS in twrp>flash twrp zip>reboot recovery>flash magisk>reboot. That still works for 10.3.0 to 10.3.1? I've seen some guides suggesting to flash OOS>flash twrp>reboot recovery>flash oos again>flash twrp again>reboot recovery>flash magisk>reboot to flash to both A/B slots but Idk why

or the local updater full OOS>install twrp zip through magisk module>install magisk to inactive slot>reboot is preferred method now?

Last edited:

jova33

Oct 12, 2011
Houston
Can you pls link me guide you used?

from 9 to 10 I just flashed full OOS in twrp>flash twrp zip>reboot recovery>flash magisk>reboot. That still works for 10.3.0 to 10.3.1? I've seen some guides suggesting to flash OOS>flash twrp>reboot recovery>flash oos again>flash twrp again>reboot recovery>flash magisk>reboot to flash to both A/B slots but Idk why

or the local updater full OOS>install twrp zip through magisk module>install magisk to inactive slot>reboot is preferred method now?
The thread immediately below this thread in the catalog.

Reactions: fayded

HackerGames197

Jul 30, 2015
Abruzzo
excuse me the "Signed flashable zips" are FULL OTA ZIP? in that case, can i install them following this guide:
1. Boot into TWRP and Flash the Latest Magisk Uninstaller
2. Flash the latest Full Oxygen OS Zip
3. Flash the TWRP installer Zip
4. Reboot to RECOVERY to make sure TWRP stays and continue to root.
5. Flash the Latest Magisk to maintain root

6. Reboot System and Enjoy the latest firmware without any data loss

DJBhardwaj

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
GT-i9020
Google Nexus 4
excuse me the "Signed flashable zips" are FULL OTA ZIP? in that case, can i install them following this guide:
1. Boot into TWRP and Flash the Latest Magisk Uninstaller
2. Flash the latest Full Oxygen OS Zip
3. Flash the TWRP installer Zip
4. Reboot to RECOVERY to make sure TWRP stays and continue to root.
5. Flash the Latest Magisk to maintain root

6. Reboot System and Enjoy the latest firmware without any data loss

You wouldn't need to uninstall Magisk as flashing the full ROM package will automatically replace the boot image patched by Magisk.
So, just skip step #1 and follow the rest, you should be good.
:good:

Seems like you're correct. It's better to flash the Magisk Uninstaller first to prevent any mishaps.

Last edited:

lockmunk

Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
OnePlus 9
how to install 10.3.2 from ota? I'm on locked bootloader.
I already put the file on the root of internal storage. on local upgrade, the OTA file not shows.

check update via online also no shows 10.3.2

PsychoKilla666

Jul 5, 2009
Is there a mirror for full latest zip, please
EDIT: Nevermind, that was weird, link didn't work since I got signed out of XDA but worked when I logged into XDA again, weird.
Also thanks

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I remember having to do some weird install to go from Android 9 to 10 and keep decrypt.
Is there a chance of losing this if I do the usual recovery method
TWRP > magisk uninstaller > flash full zip > TWRP installer > reboot to TWRP > magisk installer
?

Top Liked Posts