[GCAM] [MOD] UltraCam v8.1 [17.07.2021 update]

Search This thread

UltraM8

Jan 27, 2015
Moscow
This project seems interesting. Will follow? I see that the developer created the forum and never spoke here!
The idea seems great. I hope I don't abandon it.

Consider this is not my first project on forums. At some point developing audio mods with my team I've been bombarded in pm throughtout all my accounts with ridiculous questions etc. It's frustrating, as most of the things people need to know are normally written in op & linked to other posts. I'd rather work on the stuff than keep chatting with peeps, sry)

Latoc

Feb 17, 2010
Yex. next update would have 5skmx noise modeler. Dunno when awb would be extracted to be added to gcam (just use awb off to use sensor awb)

Hi UltraM8, do we have to select the noise modeler somewhere in the settings, or is it automatically selected based on detected sensor ?

Also, if not using xml file from you (day and night), lib patcher is not activated when starting clean.
At that stage, what is your mod doing ? Already working its magic with the imx586, or do we need to select some stuff before that happens ?

Thanks for letting us know how things work in the background, it would be appreciated ;)

And thanks for your hard work !

Jan 11, 2020
Two questions from a non-rooted Mi 9T Pro user:

1. Selfies are extremely noisy/grainy. Is there a setting we can change to fix it?
2. Is there any way to turn off Vibration when switching modes(switching to Portrait, Night Sight etc)?

Thanks.

Reactions: Adrian1983xda

Zimonty

Aug 25, 2018
Florence
Consider this is not my first project on forums. At some point developing audio mods with my team I've been bombarded in pm throughtout all my accounts with ridiculous questions etc. It's frustrating, as most of the things people need to know are normally written in op & linked to other posts. I'd rather work on the stuff than keep chatting with peeps, sry)

Your work is amazing and well appreciate, thanks for your efforts

Latoc

Feb 17, 2010
Yex. next update would have 5skmx noise modeler. Dunno when awb would be extracted to be added to gcam (just use awb off to use sensor awb)

Use awb off to use sensor awb??? What do you mean?

It means you don't force a false white balance into your pics by not selecting the wrong sensor awb, and you do that by not selecting any, hence the choice of disabled if your sensor isn't in the list. You'll get generic white balance strait from your sensor. If gcam plays well with your sensor all is good, else you're out of luck. Or you could try the presets anyway and like one of them if it suits your taste. No rules.

Reactions: paulograve

F1ntec

Dec 18, 2019
magisk fails to install this modul. go to data/adb/modules/ and look at esmodk20pro directory. if its empty or just one file then magisk failed to install thia module. happened to me and other people in telegram channel.
i made a zip, just copy the files inside to /data/adb/modules/esmodk20pro. it should look like in the screenshot.
cant upload the zip file here, so i uploadee to gdrive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1382oZYRELxjssPR1NxgRjptG5NxC45Ux/view?usp=drivesdk

you can extract this files from the module zip by yourself or use my zipped files.

May I ask what app is this on the screenshot?

narcisrm

Jun 26, 2017
I tried this on the Realme X2 Pro and it works very good. I'm coming from the Urnyx 2.1 version so it's basically the same but with extra features (like 50 HDR+ Enhaced Frames and GW1 AWB). Also the UI seems smoother. Thank you!

Adrian1983xda

Feb 23, 2019
Two questions from a non-rooted Mi 9T Pro user:

1. Selfies are extremely noisy/grainy. Is there a setting we can change to fix it?
2. Is there any way to turn off Vibration when switching modes(switching to Portrait, Night Sight etc)?

Thanks.

+1

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

Dev. I apologize if you misunderstood my comment. My intention was not to offend him.I am sure that you are an excellent developer and that you work very hard for this project.

Only when reading the entire topic of this forum I saw no comments from you and I found it strange since the project is interesting.

Flight to apologize and I look forward to your next updates. Regards dev.

Facu360

Jan 31, 2020
Hi
I downloaded the mod but it was impossible to use on my Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
As soon as I open the camera, it lagging and frezzing away, making it impossible to use, I don't know if this is due to android pie or is it a problem with my device or another factor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

gcam ultracam ucvm ultracvm

UltraCam v8.1

Gcam mod based on mod by @Arnova8G2

UltraCVM is an ongoing project of building a gcam that would fullfill the need of an extreme imaging tool aimed towards exceptional quality for most up-to-date sensors used in flagship devices. Based off respective and known devs, keeping and extending their features.

v8.1 fully optimized to pull maximum from main lens in hdre+ mode

Features:
    Based on Arnova's 8.1.101 - all Arnova goodies included ;)

ULIB:
    - extended processing buffers
    - improved precision for certain algos
    - extended gyro filtering
    - ae compensation now reflects api
    - got rid of pixels tunings
    - redid various gains for day/night modes
    - optimized DRC to reflect number of frames
    - overhauled alignment & merge funcs
    - optimized samplers
    - fully decompressed processing
    - tweaked frames discarding
    - overhauled sabre

Camera:
    - Custom packagename
    - Custom coldstart config
    - Fully optimized for both HDRE+ mode
    - Bypassed pixel tunings
    - Forced high quality processing for denoise, awb & edge detection
    - Fully uncompressed processing for dng & jpeg
    - Extended processing buffers (might be unnecessary, experimental)
    - Attempt to reverse proprietary pixel keys to fallback to qualcomm ones (experimental)

Activated devices:
    Since gcam 8 UltraCVM (much like original Arnova mod ultra is based off) support certain devices, including following:
    - 1 : OneplusNord, Oneplus8T, Oneplus8Pro, Oneplus7Pro, Oneplus7tPro, S20 Ultra, Poco x3, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Zenfone6
    - 2 : Oneplus7, Mi9TPro, Mi 10 ultra, Mi Note 10 pro, Mi Note 10 lite, Mi 10, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Oppo Find x2 Pro, Realmex2pro
    - 3 : OnePlus 8, Mi9, S10 Lite, S20 plus, ROG Phone 3, Zenfone 7 Pro, Poco M2 Pro/Redmi Note 9S, Mi9T/RedmiK20
    - 4 : OnePlus7t,OnePlus 7Pro 5G, Oppo Reno 10x, Mi9T/RedmiK20, Realme 7 Pro, S10 plus, S20 FE, S8, A71, S9+

Known bugs:
    - Focus & fps issues in 48mp mode (in case you have 48mp working of course)
    - Slomo crashing on some devices

Changelog:
    Code:
    v8 17.07.2021

fixed & optimized config
    fixed front video for xiaomeme
    fixed raw sensor detection
    fixed zoom knob
    improved edge detection
    fixed existing patcher controls
    added some patcher controls by domonikNF, r0m10, ytsependa
    Added more devices support
    reversed api2 keys overhaul
    added HM2 noise model (thx Hugo)
    native 48mp for op7/8 devices
    redid separate auto settings for Day & Night modes

ulib (experimental)
      - many fixes from previous version
      - extended processing buffers
      - improved precision for certain algos
      - extended gyro filtering
      - ae compensation now reflects api
      - got rid of pixels tunings
      - redid various gains for day/night modes
      - optimized DRC to reflect number of frames
      - overhauled alignment & merge funcs
      - optimized samplers
      - fully decompressed processing
      - tweaked frames discarding
      - overhauled sabre

v8 12.02.2021
    - Based on Arnova 8.1.101 mod
    - Custom config based on pixel5 & 6
      - supported by: k20,k20pro,pocox3,pocof2pro,pocox2,zenfone6&7,oneplus7/t/pro/8/8pro,oppofindx2pro,opporeno10xzoom
    - Fully optimized for both average & sum binning
    - Turned on some unreleased pixel6 features
    - Forced high precision shaders
    - Attempted to reverse proprietary pixel keys to fallback to qualcomm ones (experimental)
    - Increased number of frames per payload stack up to 50 (used in high quality number of frames)
    - Added qc bracketing to support shasta algorithm
    - Added several custom noise models (thx savitar, sixarmedpriest & mevlut)
    - Added OEM Noise Model switch to RamPatcher for those who dont have custom noise models in "Noise Model Config" section
    - Fully custom ULIB:
         - Removed pixel models noise tuning
         - Uncompressed dng processing
         - Decreased downscale during calculations
         - Removed embedded pixel DCP for DNG (thx Savitar)
         - Patched to support bigger bayers for normal & sabre upscale processing
         - Redid sabre shader
         - Attempt to null underexposure mechanism

v5.1 03.08
    - recalc S5K3l6 black level
    - added imx471 & imx689 noise models
    - set imx363 noise model as default for non supported devices
    - further DR experiments
    - further detail experiments
    - added full range of  variance denoisers radiuses & advanced alignment denoisers
    - added awb red point setting to patcher: you can now try to compensate pink/purplish tint on samsung sensors by inversing the color a little (thx r0m10 for lib examination on this)
    - added GMM600 gamma & tone (thx to Fertde & And_rjy)

v5 05.06
    - Various edits & tunings
    - Fixed S5K3l6 & S5K3T2 AWBs (thx Arnova)
    - Added S5K3l6 & ov8856 noise models
    - Tweaked detail
    - Tweaked DRC
    - Added noise variance radiuses to libpatcher
    - Added Sky Darkening & Sky Darkening Denoise to libpatcher

v4.1 24.05
    - Various edits, tunings & fixes
    - 845 vf fix (thx Urnyx)
    - Added several new AWBs
    - Added temporal denoise radius (thx r0m10)
    - Limited frames off to 6 frames (to use in NS)
    - Removed hdr bracketing as I couldn't make it properly working, at least for now

UltraCVM v4 11.05.2020
    ULIB:
        - Retuned to natural look (thx r0m10 for cooperation on this)
        - Got rid of compression
        - Got rid of downsampling
        - Bilateral filter retweaked
        - Sabre slightly retweaked
        - Exposure slightly retweaked
    Camera:
    - Tuned for best possible picture quality (tested on Imx586)
    - Redid & fixed Libpatcher
        - Added spatial denoise
        - Added option to use OEM noise model from rom libs
    - Added shutter control
    - Added exposure compensation
    - Added AWB per AUX (thx  Arnova for helping with that)
    - Ported Xiaomi API2 camera & AI keys
    - Added experimental Qualcomm HDR bracketing mode
    - Added awesome Tone & Gamma graph UI (thx Overwhelmer for helping with them)
    - Added video bitrate options (thx Urnyx for helping with this)
    - Added all my v3 NoiseModels with auto detection per sensor (thx Overwhelmer for helping)
        -  IMX586 Per-channel noisemodeller (v4 retweaked and fixed thx to Savitar)
        - S5KHMX noisemodeller
        - IMX686 noisemodeller
        - IMX582 noisemodeller
        - S5KGM1 noisemodeller
        - S5KGW1 noisemodeller (credit goes to Wave_Generator)
        - IMX363 noisemodeller
        - Added new model for selfie cam
    - Fully reskinned settings & UI (thx The_Dise for helping with this)
    - And finally - added new awesome custom Logo/icon thx to me :)

ultra 3.2.3 19.02
    - various small fixes & edits
    - added ability to choose between google stock and prepatched r0m10/Tolyan libs
    - added S5KHMX noisemodeller
    - added imx686 noisemodeller
    - added imx582 noisemodeller
    - added S5KGM1 noisemodeller
    - added imx363 noisemodeller
    - added GM1, OV13855, OV13880 AWB

ultra 2.2.1 27.01
    - upped base to Urnyx05 v2.1
    - moved back to stock lib
    - overhauled & fixed libpatcher (thx to JohnGalt, Fractal, Arnova, Xenius)
    - added option to choose awb for aux lenses
    - fully rearranged menu
    - added new per channel noise modeler for imx586 with own generated model (thx Savitar)
    - My old 586 modeler applied to front camera and non gw1/imx586 devices
    - cleaned up code & added small edits/fixes
    - fixed photosphere
    - added full res (48mp) mode (check post#2 to learn more)

ultra 1.1.8 31.12
    - initial release

Download:
    Download on Celso gcam hub

Credits & Special thanks to:

Zoran, BSG, Urnyx05, Cstark, AbhiShake, Wyroczen, Wichaya, JohnGalt, Burial, Marco and especially - Arnova and Savitar.

I'm not letting anyone reuse of Ulib, or using UltraCVM as base for your gcam mod!
    FAQ

Q This mod (or some of it's features) doesn't work on XYZ device/rom
    A I can't support all devices. My main goal is to support at least as many flagships & good midranges 2019+ as possible. I can't guarantee also that mod will work well on custom non OSS Vendor roms.

Q Whats with noise?
    A The goal of the mod is to give best results in good lighting conditions for the main lens. You can't have both detail & denoise, so denoisers are always lowered on my versions. On the other hand with some patches I'm doing to the lib - you get plenty of room to experiment with denoisers in libpatcher. Just spend some time with it.

Q Whats with focus tracking?
    A Focus tracking is disabled in favour of manual tracker that is much more precise.

Q Whats with selfie camera?
    A Unfortunately everything you put in main lens patcher - also sets for front camera as well. There is no way as of now to change this logic, the only solutions is make yourself a front xml and load it each time for selfie.

Q Why pics are so heavy?
    A As being said - ultracvm is all about experiments towards having incredible shots from main lens. In order to make all patches to work as I plan them - I had to fully decompress result as much as possible on every step gcam doing with it's algos.

Q Can you add XYZ feature?
    A Can't help with that. I'm keeping pretty much every feature base mod has, the amounts of own features are kept in minimal yet efficient range.

Q Can mod be named something else either than SnapCamera?
    A Snapcamera packagename helps to make AUX working for most devices, we can't sacrifice that.

Q Whats with XYZ mode?
    A My main priority is main HDR/e+ modes & Night Sight, the rest, beyond this are least things (including portrait, aux, this or mode) I'm considering to care much of. I will debug as much as possible but if sacrifices have to be done - I'm sorry.

Q Whats with aggressive "not reuse" policy?
    A I always contact and keep in touch with modders with gcams I use as base. Always post proper credits to all the people helped achieving particular build. I enocourage other devs do that as well and if original dev doesn't want you to hype over time he put into his work - it's the way it better has to be the way they want it to.
    UltraCAM receiving biggest update so far!

I wanna start with what 2021 is for me - it's a big year, an anniversary year - I’m 5 years into modding. Starting in late 2015 - early 2016 with Ainur Audio, I’m now here in 2021 with a camera mod project. I’m grateful to every person that’s been with me throughout all this time - all friends, users, testers and all people that supported mods and spread words about them.Thank all of you. Now we’re heading towards a bigger date of decade into modding ;)

I want to thank every person from the official gcam 8 modding community - Zoran, BSG, Eszdman, Urnyx05, Cstark, AbhiShake, Wyroczen, Wichaya, JohnGalt, Burial, Marco and especially - Arnova and Savitar. Gcam 8 is possible thanks to your efforts, guys, united against cancerous kanger communities you provide users with clean and trustful mods that push boundaries and open new possibilities. I’m proud to be part of the big team.

People might question - how did we jump on 8 version this quick, since last build was 5.1 - in short, v6 & v7 were never released due to two main issues: severe quality downgrade for all 7.3+ gcams and issues in the modding community due to kangers.
    Now. I know it's been a while since the last UltraCVM release, but we finally got there - Ultra v8 based on the most recent Arnova mod is finally here! Based on latest Arnova 8.1.101 mod it uses best possible base to provide me with incredible flexibility to keep up with experiments with quality.

Finally. What’s with UltraCVM v8 ? Here is the list:
    - Custom config based on pixel5 & 6
    - supported by: k20,k20pro,pocox3,pocof2pro,pocox2,zenfone6&7,oneplus7/t/pro/8/8pro,oppofindx2pro,opporeno10xzoom
    - Fully optimized for both average & sum binning
    - Turned on some unreleased pixel6 features
    - Forced high precision shaders
    - Attempted to reverse proprietary pixel keys to fallback to qualcomm ones (experimental)
    - Increased number of frames per payload stack up to 50 (used in high quality number of frames with dropdown buttons)
    - Added qc bracketing to support shasta algorithm
    - Added several custom noise models (thx savitar, sixarmedpriest & mevlut)
    - Added OEM Noise Model switch to RamPatcher for those who dont have custom noise models in "Noise Model Config" section

- Fully custom ULIB:
    - Removed pixel models noise tuning
    - Uncompressed dng processing
    - Decreased downscale during calculations
    - Removed embedded pixel DCP for DNG (thx Savitar)
    - Patched to support bigger bayers for normal & sabre upscale processing
    - Redid sabre shader
    - Attempt to null underexposure mechanism

P.S

I know many of you were waiting for the update, but not all devices are in the list of supported devices for gcam 8. Thats frustrating indeed. Maybe me or arnova will add some for next updates. In case we don't - I encourage you to try Urnyx, AbhiShake (Onfire mod), or Wichaya - they are great modders that officially do gcam8, most likely your device would work there.
    XML configs

Since v4 xml can't be fully cross-used between devices due to HAL stream modes settings! If you experience black viewfinder - that is the reason!

V4 xmls you can find on Celso

48MP mode on xiaomi mi9, k20 pro & mi9t pro, mi9t & k20

If you don't see your device in the list above - sadly THERE IS NO 48MP FOR YOU!

To be able to shoot in 48mp res on the devices from the list - you need magisk modules with patched libs by @eszdman
    Libraries highly depend on MIUI version, which might be an issue with miui beta roms

Make sure to pick proper module per device!

I'm not providing any technical support to these, as I'm not the original creator!

Zenfone6 & Rog2 doesn't require any patched libs for 48mp to work properly

Download modules on Celso
    This project seems interesting. Will follow? I see that the developer created the forum and never spoke here!
    The idea seems great. I hope I don't abandon it.