[ROM][9.0][OneUI][N920X/G92X]Floyd Note8 Port V5.1

Search This thread

ayaza

Mar 7, 2019
Karachi
@ananjaser1211 Hi there thanks for making this rom for Us i can see how hard u have to work to make this rom a daily driver ( as a learning developer) how many hurdles you have to face while making this rom and making it better day by day.Good luck for that Android Q i hope that it'll be more easy to code and I wanted to ask one thing which looks kinda irrelevant to you but just for the sake of curiosity and if anyone who knows can explain me :D this
So, Google camera works on ur devices which is an amazing thing but which bugs me that why the back camera is Resolution is set to (8.0mp stock nougat note 5) Max is this a hardware side problem or software side. and i tried comparing it with my brothers s7 edge (snapdragon with pixel 2017 config stock oreo) somehow the Idan's v.45 Gcam is working but u need to be sooo patient to take the pics but the result are bonkers, as i compared with my note 5 i've found that s7 edge supports full 12.0mp on back camera so in the night time while i was doing some testing i took a pic of my water bottle with both Phones with HDR+ enhanced so the result were that my note 5 was producing way too soft pic with much noise like you can clearly see.But on the s7 it was deep blackish no noise it perfect sharp picture as well as same goes for the night portraits where s7 was on the edge (LOL) and my note 5 result was falling quite tremendously, Well in day time you can expect the same thing while s7 was sharper but dynamic range was the same and there was a little color difference. while on the note 5 it was good looking but it didn't had that s7 like sharpness. for front camera i can't tell because on my note 5 dust got in the front camera and yes the result are *yuk same as my face xD* but s7 front was a little bit wider and it's same just little color difference

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

[/COLOR @ananjaser1211 Hi there thanks for making this rom for Us i can see how hard u have to work to make this rom a daily driver ( as a learning developer) how many hurdles you have to face while making this rom and making it better day by day.Good luck for that Android Q i hope that it'll be more easy to code and I wanted to ask one thing which looks kinda irrelevant to you but just for the sake of curiosity and if anyone who knows can explain me :D this
So, Google camera works on ur devices which is an amazing thing but which bugs me that why the back camera is Resolution is set to (8.0mp stock nougat note 5) Max is this a hardware side problem or software side. and i tried comparing it with my brothers s7 edge (snapdragon with pixel 2017 config stock oreo) somehow the Idan's v.45 Gcam is working but u need to be sooo patient to take the pics but the result are bonkers, as i compared with my note 5 i've found that s7 edge supports full 12.0mp on back camera so in the night time while i was doing some testing i took a pic of my water bottle with both Phones with HDR+ enhanced so the result were that my note 5 was producing way too soft pic with much noise like you can clearly see.But on the s7 it was deep blackish no noise it perfect sharp picture as well as same goes for the night portraits where s7 was on the edge (LOL) and my note 5 result was falling quite tremendously, Well in day time you can expect the same thing while s7 was sharper but dynamic range was the same and there was a little color difference. while on the note 5 it was good looking but it didn't had that s7 like sharpness. for front camera i can't tell because on my note 5 dust got in the front camera and yes the result are *yuk same as my face xD* but s7 front was a little bit wider and it's same just little color difference

Animu_Ac

Dec 11, 2016
had random reboots on both floyd oreo and pie v3.. and some are saying they have them too on v4... would it be a possibility to eliminate random reboots on the new android 10? ?

leonard (g2)

Account currently disabled
May 4, 2015
Usa
meettomy.site
@ananjaser1211 Hi there thanks for making this rom for Us i can see how hard u have to work to make this rom a daily driver ( as a learning developer) how many hurdles you have to face while making this rom and making it better day by day.Good luck for that Android Q i hope that it'll be more easy to code and I wanted to ask one thing which looks kinda irrelevant to you but just for the sake of curiosity and if anyone who knows can explain me :D this

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

[/COLOR @ananjaser1211 Hi there thanks for making this rom for Us i can see how hard u have to work to make this rom a daily driver ( as a learning developer) how many hurdles you have to face while making this rom and making it better day by day.Good luck for that Android Q i hope that it'll be more easy to code and I wanted to ask one thing which looks kinda irrelevant to you but just for the sake of curiosity and if anyone who knows can explain me :D this

That's way too much to read but the port of the google came when set to 8mp actually gives u 12 mp photos cause that what I believe the pixel has and it was ported for the s7 which also has 12 mp to use the full 1mp just set the resolution to 6mp in gcam with 16:9 aspect ratio that takes 16mp images

JB Droid

Jan 23, 2020
Good morning really good rom and hi really like it are you going to make V4.1 are you just going to Android 10

ananjaser1211

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Good morning really good rom and hi really like it are you going to make V4.1 are you just going to Android 10

There is one more Pie update planned before going to Q, or two depends on how long i take to fix Q. its a project that will take a while

leonard (g2)

Account currently disabled
May 4, 2015
Usa
meettomy.site
It's too inconvenient
And i'm not using vanced, i'm using the original app so i assume it has something to do with the rom

Nerve gag any YouTube problems what soever except for being annoyed with ads so i started using cancer but before I've never had issues n I download slot from YouTube as my service provider offers YouTube without charging data

Reactions: CatLover2411

ayaza

Mar 7, 2019
Karachi
That's way too much to read but the port of the google came when set to 8mp actually gives u 12 mp photos cause that what I believe the pixel has and it was ported for the s7 which also has 12 mp to use the full 1mp just set the resolution to 6mp in gcam with 16:9 aspect ratio that takes 16mp images

But when you switch to portrait it takes in 8.0mp even if u change to 6.0mp it takes in 6.0mp which degrades the quality not too much in day time but in night time it's too blurry. But my Friend has samsung a50 in which i have installed Gcam to Lol which shows 25 mp back camera and 25 front but it the camera don't do any processing just like you can change the camera resolution to 25 on back and 19.2 mp on front.
so that's why i was curious

ananjaser1211

Snapchat

Snapchat banning fix and 4K Video recording (using gcam / unix cam)

Some users reported snapchat banning them, it was due to a signature verification mod, so ive removed it.

Flash noblur/blur that should be self explanatory

Patch Folder : GoogleDrive | AFH

4K Video recording patch thanks to @Cvolton

x.shayan.x

Apr 16, 2010
Guys I got an error:

AROMA Installer Finished...
E:recv error on uevent
Updating partition details...
...done

What does this mean?

ananjaser1211

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo_2020-03-10_16-32-33.jpg

Welcome to Floyd Port For the Exynos7420 Series​

Some information you should know..
    • This is a full Note8 port with android version 9.0 based on HadesRomV12.0 By @corsicanu
    • If you want to report a Bug, read the F.A.Q First Then provide a logCat OR LoggingKit.zip with detailed explanation
    • Read the instructions and the F.A.Q Before installing the rom or posting a reply.
    • You are not allowed to use this base, if you want to make rom, "DIY"
    • Any sort of File Kanging will be reported without hesitation.
    • If you like this rom and appreciate my efforts, Hit the Thanks button, and consider a donation

V5.1 Notes
    This is a minor update to resolve a bunch of reported errors and ones that were discovered after the release, they only addresses the bugs / changes in the changelog, this does not touch camera or anything else. this is mostly to fix networking and kernel issues reported in V5. also some minor improvements. as mentioned before, this remains an EOL version. i dont plan on rebasing to the March update, by the time im done with it and with testing, April will be out

V5.0 Notes
    Here we are again, with another major release, what initially started as couple bug fixes ended up being its own fully fledged ROM. with tons of fixes and improvements to make this the ultimate Pie update for this device. and perhaps the Last. i can see no way at the moment of improving upon this release, which means my efforts hopefully will be focused towards Q if it ends up being viable and i find motivation to do so. id like to give a big shoutout to @corsicanu for his awesome V12 Base, that by itself includes a ton of improvements and id like to thank the testers for working with me on this one, its a massive ROM to say the least.

Hope you like it, and as always please read the notes and F.A.Q to understand how to use this ROM so you dont fall in issues. if you appreciate what i do here, consider donating @ Paypal

V4 Notes

Hey everyone, Finally after a long time V4 is here. ive put 10 times more effort into this compared to the previous releases. Tons were changed and the entire ROM was built up from scratch. everything rom the rom to the kernel was fully remade and improved. 30K Downloads later on V3.
    Today happens to be my 22nd Birthday, and i would like to give you all a gift instead.

This Version is without a doubt the biggest ROM ive worked on to date, through development challenges, special device issues , ROM Size and tons more, it was exhausting. however
    the end result makes it all worth it. testers on multiple variants / devices / configs came back positive.
    While the buglist still leaves some to be desired i think this is as good as i can make it for now. maybe in the future if there was a V5 we will see it reduced.

The changelog is massive, and to summarize it, many annoying things in V2/V3 were finally resolved including the most important thing which is CALLING. US variants are finally properly supported. except the ones that use QMUX modems. maybe that will be for another day

As always, THANK YOU for being dedicated to this project. and special thanks to @DR_Amoxicillin @corsicanu @TheOGLunarixus and my testers for helping both directly and indirectly

I hope you Enjoy the ROM. if you appreciate this project consider donating @ Paypal

V3 Notes

Hey everyone, Somehow we are still standing with this project, it is as horrible as it seems, yet fun. I started this project 8 months ago to "flex" only, turns out people enjoy it including myself, Through Oreo and Pie this project has been hell to make yet i think we are at a state were we can drop the ALPHA and BETA labels of!, V3 was in active development for over 2 months (Unlike V2 where i started a month before release) This one was carefully built, and entirely from scratch (For the third time). However i understand, you guys are tired of Note7FE. and want something different, Thanks to my partner @corsicanu that is possible. He crafted one of the best feature-full roms on xda. HadesRom and with that as a base for our project, This device became something else, something amazing. and honestly better than any rom i would have made feature wise. Thanks to him and All the flagship features such as infinity wallpapers, Some S10 Features and many others are present, the aroma is PACKED with goods. This rom is around 200/300 MB larger than the previous one (which wasn't small to begin with) however i believe it is worth it. Me and [MENTION=7098450]kill-switch[MENTION] and my testers spent alot of time perfecting it, Now we support every variant that uses Exynos7420 besides china variants, those are to come later. the US variants of the S6E+ And Note 5 are supported too. I will be making a dedicated S6 thread aswell
    While i am 100% sure not all users will have the same experience, i believe the vast majority will enjoy it, As always this rom is NOT for everyone, if you want a stock camera, this aint it chief. no matter how much we want it, it is just not gonna happen any time soon if ever, thats just the nature of developing a rom that is 2 major versions beyond samsung. if you dont mind the limitations mentioned below, Enjoy it as much as possible.
    And as always, if you appreciate this project and want to support us , press thanks, share your opinions and help the people in this thread who are struggling. I wont be available 24/7 to do so.
    You can also help us purchase more cocaine to continue development by donating me Here or @corsicanu here or @Kill-Switch here or @Lunarixus Here

V1/V2 Notes :
    So. 5 months ago i posted this ROM. big mistake, it means i have to maintain it, which i suck at. after 2 rebases and finishing V2 twice. OneUI happened for some reason god knows why, but yeah. This ROM is BETA AF. there is alot of crap that needs to be fixed besides the general bugs we had in oreo. give or take, if you are adventurous. go ahead and flash it, if not. dont B*itch in the thread about it and flash another ROM. This ROM is NOT for average ROM users. it is for those who want to be on the bleeding edge.. it wont come out of BETA until the bug list becomes shorter. This ROM is OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED ONLY on the NOTE 5 International variants. its the one i have, the one i can test personally. it will BOOT on N5/S6/S6E And S6E+ and work well relatively speaking if you bother to read the F.A.Q. Korean and US variants are also supported for all those models via Aroma options so take care. however Note 5 US variants might not work. you can try. S6/S6E support is very BETA so use with a grain of salt, a big one. read the f.a.q for tips on how to make the experience suck less.

Eventually when you discover a new Bug that shouldn't be there, DO NOT SEND ME MATLOGS. CATLOGS or whatever. Follow the guide up there on How to properly send logs. otherwise i wont care less about your post. very simple. Remember that this port is NOT supped to be possible. we should not be running oneUI, but the stars aligned in our favor. And please there is no need to tell me to fix XYZ. if its listed in bugs or was reported. im on it.

So. TLDR; This may or may not be your daily rom, it depends on who you are. if you want oneUI, this is the price. if not, there are plenty of other ROMs based on Nougat that will work right. so use them instead and let the thread be in peace.

I sincerely hope the people who end up using this rom have fun, its a fun experience, ive been using it for the past month. and its refreshing.

Old releases (Booreo)

Hey Note 5 Community, This is my first project for this device, one of many to come. many of you might know me from my Note4 projects, i have decided to purchase the note5 in order to provide for this community quality ROMs , in hopes that maybe one day everyone here will be using an Oreo based port, instead of living on nougat that samsung left us with.
    Why N7FE and not N8 S9 or any newer port ? Simply said, it is too early for me and the current state of oreo. there is some important stuff that needs ironing out before introducing more bugs. N7FE Struck a great balance between a stable port, and a feature rich one. i have also thrown in alot of additional stuff you can check below.

Support for other variants will come in the future, i choose to support this small amount due to time constraints.

RULES OF POSTING : READ everything before commenting, And especially the install steps, the rom has been tested thoroughly for a long time, so if you have an critical issue like not booting or no sim, you missed the instructions, posts that are irrelevant to this project will be ignored(Constructive criticism is welcomed). If you do face a new bug however, dont just say "hey bug here" provide more information, and a LOGCAT, bug reports without logcats will most likely be ignored.

Cb_BMYy3VarZ4ST27ElWHCox7fXddtli60RDklhv1nGHUmGet_Es8eadFHsYTnwSYNRjgHoaPrFIbAqmx2HLlgzvAebctoWHW403seTaHxkb3GQq55kVh5EX_YDNC7JXo-JbtKUOJA=w2400

• - Android 9.0
    • - Semi-deodexed (Apps only)
    • - Well debloated with Aroma options
    • - Zipaligned and tuned
    • - Optimized for battery and performance
    • - Full Samsung OneUI Experience
    • - Magisk Ready
    • - And all the goodies Android Pie brings
    • - Based on HadesROM V12
    • - Contains all features from Note8 minus hardware specific ones (Iris and stuff)
    • - All the original features are present (Wifi,Bluetooth, basic camera etc)
    Floyd/Hades Port Features :-
    • - BluelightFilter / AlwaysOn Display
    • - Samsung DolbyAtmos
    • - Heavly optimised for N5/S6/S6E/S6E+ with their own separate configurations
    • - Many prop and feature tweaks and exclusive apps
    • - DE-Knoxed and disabled Additional samsung root prevention and security spams
    • - Full OMC setup with ALL samsung supported countries
    • - S10+ Livewallpapers (Aroma)
    • - Note8 Infinity wallpapers (Aroma)
    • - Full goodlock 2020pack (Aroma)
    • - Added exclusive samsung apps (Aroma)
    • - 1700+ Fonts MOD (Aroma)
    • - Pie Edge Panels and edgelighting+
    • - BixbyHome And Bixby Voice
    • - Recovery toggle
    • - Ssecure/Secure Wifi etc
    • - Minor system mods
    • - Native AppLock
    • - Wifi S-Secure
    • - Native Screen Video recorder
    • - Native Call recorder
    • - Android 10 Apps
    • - And pretty much everything you see in hadesRom changelog
    • - And many more additions from My J5 / N4 Roms and previous Floyd
    CronosKernel V5.0 :-

• All of the custom kernel features can be controlled using HKTweaks by @corsicanu
    • - Updated version in collaboration with @Lunarixus
    • - Compiled with Linaro 7.5.0
    • - Optimized for battery and performance
    • - Tons of under the hood improvements
    • - AlwaysOn Display Supported
    • - Governors (Interextrem, smartmax, smartmax_eps, alucard, bluactive, yankactive,
    • bioshock, conservativeX, dancedance, darknes, hyper, intelliactive, intellimm,
    • lionheart, pegasus, preservative, smartass, wheatley)
    • - CPU / GPU Overclocking
    • - GPU Thermal control
    • - Compiler optimizations
    • - Many wakelocks reduced
    • - BoefflaWakelock Blocker
    • - WireGuard
    • - FakeKnox
    • - Blocked GMS Wakelocks
    • - Deodex Workaround
    • - Init.d Support
    • - Bootstate Green for safteynet
    • - Patched some props for safteynet
    • - MoroSound control
    • - Heavily optimized CPU GPU and battery
    • - Underclocked and undervolted CPU/GPU to conserve battery
    • - Heavily blocked aggressive samsung wakelocks
    • - Greatly improved scheduler and governor
    • - Aimed to retain performance at lower clock speeds
    • - Android 9.0 Supported

WVeJ1vb3CmftLUPMydA37Us1aDtoHPsBCmyqNBFXB3TfnFH9ggbvUM0JsIfuo2DHJeZk5h3PWDKcteRpbeb0vtZUrxGUzSsbioX2k72F44CmX0joYk3p6_ZDW7y7wpse4U835uRtFw=w2400

1. ensure you have LATEST TWRP (3.2+)
    2. Download and copy the ROM to your device
    3. Wipe everything (SYSTEM,DATA,CACHE,DALVIK and if possible internal storage)
    4. Flash the ROM.ZIP (Select only what you will use otherwise it will fail due to system size)
    5. Setup your rom and READ the F.A.Q for more information.
    6. After a full boot. you can flash Magisk

Ep3x23GnGQ0vqL8IRMZ1sBCOlHAczbNk-yHL_SWj9EWWZoO3Kg88hYmrkVucMr9RmQ7_VMBwAgHdtjinEryW9Hl9dtdBnP11sMojNaBtg5P1_Hd7QUWvQoKpi8GgsqdM9W76zUvERA=w2400

• -Hardware composer : We do not have sources to compile oneui compatible blobs
    • -Camera in many 3rd party apps (Whatsapp QR , facebook messenger)
    • -UHQ Upscaler on T/W8 variants (SoundAlive/Dolby work however)
    • -N928T/W8 And G928T/W8 have audio glitches while using headphone jack
    • -US variants cant change call audio, refer to F.A.Q
    • -No support for Qcom QMUX modem variants (P and 00 Variants)
    • -N9208 NFC is disabled
    • -S6/S6E models will flicker when entering samsung gallery

uxH3Q_TtCfYoVIcuBV181cn_KqaocmjkAQ6Luf1magvARGXN1lWkmLJuWCalWncyuEr74U2QfN2mb7PbyMm4XR4uHG0pYSybbLS3O9A5m4W5ZH6ZIX0m6bIcMmZTH8sIbFNA6_dLUg=w2400

Imgur Album with ALL photos : IMGR

TAcloLeU95_LnbVjxY2VP25xMtaXYySXohUXXqvrKw-pwjX24hpiQZOXR7rj43QHt4nYO-wuocp2zVRnl32NTOaqsMY8k7gU6VQvnIKaQZdy3x7nLrXHQ5s5t8NDqmnoE2XVysDU4g=w2400

IF you helped in this rom and i forgot you, tell me in a PM or in a reply i 100% forgot some people fam
    @corsicanu For various help throughout the years and letting me use HadesRom as a base (xoxo)
    @kill-switch For tremendous help on V3/V4
    @Lunarixus For fixing IR Blaster and kernel help
    @AbrahamGC and @kurtlestat for letting me use some of their mods from BlackDiamond Rom
    @ljjehl , @SnowFuhrer and josuesim1 for keeping up with my crap while testing US variants. Thank you friend
    @enesuzun2002 For general help in 7420
    @lukasb06 For Making The camera shim, without it we wont have a working camera
    @Noxxxious For all his amazing kernel work in 7420
    @RickyBush_ For IOS Emoji
    @Team Vanced For YouTube Vanced

And the rest of EliteTeam

Testers :
    @khoailang2500 @CusuferR @SnowFuhrer @moonje @josuesim @AttoR @qaziiabdullah @josuesim1 @alhaitha2020
    @SongJH @Thekillerbunny12341 @KeepSOBP @ljjehl @arshia_mpz @LeeXDA18 @arshiazare @Keyvintakeo @vsvarli @Kinglos @rayesh5700
    And few more that didn't give me their usernames :D

Downloads. Changelogs , F.A.Qs below

XDA:DevDB Information

Floyd OneUI, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Contributors
    ananjaser1211, kill-switch, corsicanu
    Source Code: https://github.com/ananjaser1211/Cronos_7420

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest bootloader and modem
    Based On: OneUI

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: V5.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-20
    Beta Release Date: 2018-12-07

Created 2018-12-25
    Last Updated 2020-03-19
    Downloads and changelogs

F0-mD7nKQz6DqCB76EtiiuJS6qnNwT735xae2Ua6vnZSENj_di2kIFlx6MpkTgAbelBXFrDcWVWqXr2wpSQxx7X-ktvXh8kTGCLaWDxv2S38dpDO7qei-PaLPc7om8g_VtjEYQxcFg=w2400

NewsChannel : Telegram
    Come hang with us on our chat : Telegram
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Floyd V5.1 Based on HadesROM V12 [LATEST]
    Release post : TBD
    AFH : Download
    MEGA : Download
    GoogleDrive : Download
    P.S : if you had issues downloading from Drive, sign in and save the file to your drive. the file name will show up as Copy of Floyd*
    Size : 2.50GB
    MD5 : 99020650aaafd56ee8cc721032e92c89
    SHA1 : 935fdde8795af325c2d17e5b72253b918aa0a6c0
    -------------------------[OLD]--------------------------------
    Floyd V5.0 Based on HadesROM V12
    Release post : XDA
    MEGA : Download
    GoogleDrive : Download
    P.S : if you had issues downloading from Drive, sign in and save the file to your drive
    Hotfix : if you use Navbar in aroma flash the fix : Here
    Updated Kernel : Here
    Size : 2.55GB
    MD5 : 287b5a022f486178748c8a89446c8732
    SHA1 : efc907bd9a5fdea2a81f1aa21a4c141e64e7dfe1

Floyd V4.0 Based on HadesROM V11.1
    Release Post :XDA
    PATCH NOTES 1 : Here
    PATCH NOTES 2 : Here
    PATCH NOTES 3 : Here
    PATCH NOTES 4 : Here
    Mega : Download
    Google Drive : Download
    P.S : if you had issues downloading from Drive, sign in and save the file to your drive
    Size : 2.8GB
    MD5 : 21b476f7ee4ceeca2dc36374f1196d6a
    Floyd V3.0 Based on Android 9.0 Note8
    Release Post : XDA
    Battery and performance configs : XDA
    Google Drive : Download (Might get limited so download fast)
    Size : 2.2GB
    MD5 : c40e2240f90e506e88538f04e107e174
    Floyd V2.0 Based on Android 9.0 N7FE
    Release Post : XDA
    Important Read : XDA
    S6/S6E Performance Fix : Here
    Battery and performance configs : XDA
    Google Drive : Download
    Size : 2.1GB
    MD5 : 4c4cb5a771811004ae7c25836f62598b
    Floyd V1.0 Based on Note7FE
    Initial Release - OREO

WDqiPZ-OXRl0STq7H0vH-hFBjU9IHrt4ew0eV1c8A_7iMuN5ZOdqe8RV4rGctI5cdQBEULI026LwpFeVYz7183bJoPrgfS_L2c3UHAPJ_s4gdgR8so8nHVmj3PZlbS9NdAZPtrT8cg=w2400

Floyd v5.1 - 03.20.2020
    - This release shares the same notes with V5.0

General - Changelog
    • Removed Samsung Q keyboard due to no one reading that it has limited languages
    • Added a wipe script for wiping game apks to clear broken GameBooster data
    • wipe apk updates for GameBooster (Disable updates in GalaxyApps required)
    • Revert a change in installer scripts that might cause errors
    • Fixed NavBar not installing
    • Added proper looping animation for Floyd1 anim by rayesh
    • Updated Floyd2 anim to a cleaner 2D one by kinglos
    • Fixed AOD broken analogue clock
    • Added Stock G928X WiFi Firmware for increased stability on S6E+
    • Removed left over security bins
    • Removed default cloudflare DNS and use google (more stable)
    • Made the S6 Battery options even more clear
    • Improved internet stability to Match V4, when data connection is lost a reboot should suffice again
    • Fixed Navbar installation issues, patch is no longer needed

CronosKernel V5.1 - Changelog
    • Removed default GPU undervolt to fix booting issues
    • Removed GPU Always_on Policy and let it enter offline state
    • Reduced frequency of random reboots to a state similar to V4
    • Reduced idle drain due to GPU not shutting off at all
    • Fixed a bug that overloaded the GPU and caused it to reboot very frequently
    • Slightly reduced lag compared to V5

Floyd v5.0 - 03.2020

Notes
    -At all times, be sure to have atlteast 10% free internal storage otherwise random reboots may occur and loss of data
    -Updating gametools (without installing navbar) will break it
    -On first setup, let the phone update everything before using it
    -to keep youtube vanced, untik autoupdates from platstore
    -Q keyboard does not support most languages (you need to install language packs from xda)
    -if your apps are not getting internet, reboot

Samsung Camera Guide
    -Samsung camera only runs when auto brightness is turned off
    -VideoRecording : on front/back go to ProMode > ColorTone > Tone1 > Record
    --Front camera only records well at 720P
    --Videos recorded will be 24~30FPS
    -Selfies : Long press cam icon > select selfie
    --This will switch to front camera
    --To switch to main > long press icon > select auto

General - Changelog
    -Rebased to N950FXXS9DTA1 HadesROM V12
    -Fixed H.264/HEVC incorrect bitrate/res after snapchatfix (improves playback performance and reduces mediacrash)
    -ReWork on OMX to fix a bug where playing MP4 videos causes artifacts/green objects in video
    -Improved AVC encoder/decoder for smoother 4K30 And video recording
    -Added hotspot/tethering fix
    -Added GPSD/offline gps fix
    -Removed fake signatures and mitigate snapchat banning issues
    -Added 4K30FPS recording support in gcam
    -Added new G920SLK Audio Fix
    -Fixed samsung camera settings panel (tho not much useful anyway)
    -Improvments to WiFi stability
    -Reduced the Base ROM by around ~300MB
    -Removed unused/unsupported APPs
    -Fixed a bug where sometimes samsung video trimmer FCs
    -Removed GameOptimizer/booster to fix pixelated, laggy and crashing games
    -Added a new Sensors fix with improved rotation (Slightly faster in some scenario)
    -Added better 7420 compatible media profiles
    -Removed broken VP9 Encoder
    -Added ALOT of Samsung camera fixes
    -Fixed camera settings not working
    -Added workarounds for Front camera to work
    -Fixed Front and back camera resulotion issues (see notes)
    -Fixed samsung camera video recording (see notes)
    -Disabled broken camera features and some shooting modes
    -Patched Camera APK to disable broken features
    -Fixed broken mobiledata networks (Thanks @Kill-Switch)
    -Fixed bad Mic bitrates in US models which causes distorsion in Whatsapp and others (Thanks @enesuzun2002)
    -Fixed broken shutdown animation

Aroma - Changelog
    -Fixed G920 INTL Kernel installation when users "skip" it
    -Fixed G920SLK Kernel installation
    -Added some basic
    -Removed upday , Dictionary and bikemode
    -Removed Q video player / editors / CallUI Pack (due to issues)
    -added misc improvments to scripts
    -Added option to enable Samsung covers support (S6 users with replaced USB might have black screen issues!)
    -Added new HadesBoot animation
    -Added 2 new Floyd bootanimations by rayesh and kinglos
    -Added chrome to debloat menu (adding/removing chrome will require a clean flash to avoid FCs)
    -Base rom installation (without aroma) is 2.7GB so it should work on all variants
    -Updated All aroma bloat apps and include Samsung daily and other misc updates from N8 FEb
    -Added Q S-PEN AirCommand (Thanks kinglos)

CronosKernel V5.0 - Changelog
    -Changed to Linaro 7.5 Compiler with tons of improvments
    -Noticible performance gain and overall smoother animations
    -Reduced deadlock and mediacrash with the new compiler
    -Optimze compiler for performance over filesize
    -Reduced swap to 100 and vfscache to 50 to use more RAM for better responsivness overtime
    -default block readhed to 512
    -decreased time to start entering sleep
    -default fs to noatime
    -Removed agressive CPU DVFS
    -Added back Unification support for S6/S6E F/I/T/W8/K/L/S
    -Added support for single image INTL/KOR/US for all S6/S6E/N5/S6E+
    -Improved unification support without breaking s6e+/n5
    -Redid the 3600MAH S6 Mod to work with the new single image system
    -Improved the naming scheme for 2600/3600 (stk for stock / ext for extended)
    -Removed LoggingService (and clear /data/helios) to reduce space usage
    -Fixed a bug that disabled MoroSound speaker gain control
    -Greatly reduced wakelocks by updating the default boeffla blocker list
    -Updated and reworked the power config with better tuning and greatly improved interactive performance (Thanks @Lunarixus)
    -set default I/O scheduler to CFQ and improved the tunables
    -Reduced Max CPU clocks to Big 1.9Ghz/ little 1.4Ghz
    -Reduced MIN CPU Clocks to Big/Littie 400mHz (Without breaking bluetooth playback)
    -Applied a -25mV default undervolt on the GPU
    -Set the GPU Policy to "Always_on" to avoid stutters and lags due to lack of HWC
    -Set the max default GPU clock to 600Mhz
    -Overall retained the same performance level with significant reduction in Battery usage
    -Set the kernel tick rate to 250HZ
    -Fixed bunch of warnings and obsolete functions

hadesRom v12 - 03.03.2019 Changelog
    Rebased to N950FXXS9DTA1 - February security patch
    Updated S8/S8+ files to G95*FXXS7DTA6 - February
    Fully integrated previous mods and features
    Added new bootanimation
    Updated Aroma installer theme
    Updated GoodLock apps
    Updated Samsung bloatware
    Updated most of Android 10 apps
    Updated Android 10 fonts and emojis
    Updated hadesKernel to v1.5

FloydRom V4.0 Changelog :-
    Floyd v4.0 - 01.2020
    Special Notes
    -to keep youtube vanced, untik autoupdates from platstore
    -Q keyboard does not support most languages (you need to install language packs from xda)

Base
    -Updated base to N950FXXU7DSJ1 OCT
    -Updated HW libs to N935FXXU6CSK1 NOV
    -Rom rebased and redone on HadesROM V11.1 For 8895
    -Fixed rotation FC in system UI
    -Recovery toggle removed and integrated into a long press on restart (By corsicanu)
    -Improvments to AudioFX libs to fix some audio artifacts
    -Fixed bad HQM config that caused some extra heat and performance issues
    -Added props to improve surfaceflinger performance
    -Added other misc props to imrpove media/jpeg quality
    -Removed some sview permissions that broke the ROM on some S6/S6E devices with replaced charging ports
    -Updated and added more Android 10 Apps by TechDev18
    -Android 10 Edge apps
    -Android 10 Gallery And video player
    -Android 10 SmartCapture
    -Android 10 Editors (Video, trimmer etc)
    -Android 10 CallUI
    -Fully Odexed Framework for performance and faster boot By TechDev18

Device
    -Removed GPS Hacks and improved it
    -Removed old sensor hacks from oreo
    -Removed WiFi Hacks and wifiloader
    -Fixed a bug causing S6 to reboot on boot few times
    -Fixed a bug where WiFi wouldnt start automatically
    -Removed AOSP Audio hal for international S6/S6E and use the functional N935F port
    -Fixed Calls in S6/S6E without relying on hacks and 6+ seconds of waiting
    -Improved T/W8 Audio in calls for all variants
    -Fixed a bug where 3rd party calls would be muted
    -Re-organized device-specific libs and files
    -Added Modded CSC/Korean CSC from Floyd V2 (selectable in aroma) With Echo fixes
    -Improved Bluetooth stability while device is locked (no stuttering)
    -Fixed headphone hack on N920T/W8 and G928T/W8
    -Fixed delayed 6+ sec calls on N920T/W8 and G928T/W8 and G925T/W8 and G920T/W8
    -In general all devices have the same call setup as stock

Hardware
    -Switched some more HW libs to Exynos8890
    -Updated OMX stack to N935F Pie instead of using old ones
    -Switch to N935F Pie Gralloc Pie lib
    -Switch to N950F widevine DRM libs
    -Switch ALL hals into hwbinder mode ( Trebelized everything for the future ;) )
    -Fixed bad Power , memtrack , thermal Hals greatly improving battery and heat
    -Switched to legacy camera hidl to fix tons of camera issues
    -Add patched samsung camera by @Cvolton to fix rotation and media scanner issues
    -Fix many camera plugin errors that broke photos
    -Fixed some 3rd party camera usage (Fixing Footej, Google camera , Unixcamera etc)
    -Support UHD recording in some 3rd party cameras ( UnixCamera)
    -Back camera in samsung camera is now 100% reliable and wont crash in high/low light scenarios (Both auto/pro modes)
    -Fixed Camera in some apps (Instagram and snapchat)
    -Fixed Long coldboot time (splash image)

HadesROM
    -Summary of hadesRom Changelog by @corsicanu
    -(Full changelog is below)
    -Rebased to N950FXXU7DSJ1 - October security patch
    -Updated most samsung apps to latest versions (By 30.10.2019)
    -Updated bunch of apps from S10+ Latest firmware
    -Added some apps from Android 10 beta (Clock, Calendar, Keyboard, Weather, Messages, MyFiles)
    -Added Android 10 fonts and emojis (Samsung and AOSP)
    -Added Microsoft Link To Windows (Aroma selectable)
    -Updated GoodLock apps to latest available
    -Fixed the scripts wipe of Call of Duty
    -Updated & patched Samsung Internet (11.0.00.55)
    -Added back Android 9 apps and fonts
    -Made Android 10 apps and fonts Aroma Selectable
    -Added Secure Folder & Knox apps (Aroma selectable)
    -Patched settings to show status Official
    -Fixed Font selection in Aroma
    -And tons of other misc improvments

CronosKernel V4.0
    - ReDid entire kernel from scratch once more
    - Removed tons of useless commits and ugly hacks
    - Removed buggy upstream (until a proper upstream is done if ever)
    - Tons of reworks into how noble/zero/zen are compiled to make workflow smoother
    - Re-did all defconfigs N > O > P with as minmal changes as possible
    - Redid AOD implementation for Zero/Noble/Zen
    - Early-Mounted SYSTEM for faster booting/splash
    - Boosted Crypto, block , gpu and few others performance (Compiled with Ofast)
    - ReDid entire Ramdisk from scratch based on N935F one
    - Removed some useless ramdisk scripts
    - Added WifiLoader service to auto-enable WiFi on boot and fix Zero bootloops
    - Disabled ALOT of samsung security , FIPS and Fail policies
    - Removed Unification and rely on seperate kernel for zero/zerof
    - Fixed high GAIN issues with morosound
    - Added and improved FadeLED for noble/zero/zen
    - Fixed alot of userspace errors due to kernel missing some nodes
    - Added back wakelock control (Toggles, boeffla wl blocker , default wakelocks lists)
    - Improvments to sched, interactive gov , usb and misc)
    - Added back Dynamic Fsync and powersuspend
    - Tuned inputbooster to be less agressive and more battery friendly
    - Added GamePad booster frequencies
    - CPU Min clocks are 400/800 To avoid Bluetooth playback stuttering and other wakeup lags
    - Removed Buggy spectrum configs and replace with default Auto set configs (Non user changable)
    - Revert some drivers back to Nougat (IRQ , TOUCH)
    - Disabled SamsungHotPlug Fully (Improved Performance, Reduced frequency of MediaCrash by ALOT)
    - Backported spinlock and Interactive speedchange from Exynos8890 (Reduced MediaCrash even more)
    - Include Modified powerHAL tunables (power.rc) based on TeamNexus
    - Fixes to Headphone jack on TMO variants
    - Added Back GPU Control (Overclocking, Thermal etc)
    - Tuned GPU freq relative to CPU freq and reduced over boosting
    - Removed GPU freq connection to CPU freq ( Since we dont have HWC, this should limit GPU draw by alot)
    - DT2W Implementation (Only works while AOD is on)
    - Added back Battery charging control (noble/zen/zero/zerof)
    - Updated Ramdisk to N935FXXU6CSK1
    - Removed old ramdisk hacks, updated permissions and nodes to pie, and many misc changes
    - Upstreamed CPUFREQ, FREQStats and ION Drivers to fix memory leaks and Panics
    - Added S7E battery modded S6 devices support
    - Tons of misc changes and improvements overall

Floyd V3.0 Changelog :-
    Floyd v3.0 - 08.2019
    Rom is based on HadesRom V8 by @corsicanu . go show him some love
    Hotspot is fixed and working as expected
    Camera is a bit more stable (tested on note 5 only)
    Snapchat works without issues
    UHQ Upscaler fixed
    Instagram front/back camera works with the mentioned version (22.0.0.17)
    Rotation bugs are less common (not eliminated fully yet)
    Overall the rom is noticeably faster, stutter is less
    The entire rom is now based on pure Exynos8895 base. with minimal changes done for our phones
    Aroma is totally different, with more options for bloat, features and much more hades features
    Rom base is optimized as much as possible for our aging device
    HWC while disabled, is more robust and stable
    Stutter and lags resolved in most S6 devices (possibly not all)
    Kernel CPU performance is improved alot thanks to @Lunarixus
    AOD crash on Note 5 and S6E+ is resolved
    Media crash seems to be solved
    LED Fade control is added for both the note 5 and the s6 / s6e / s6e+
    some source cleanup and minimal optimizations
    WifiDirect and screen mirror fixed
    NFC Fixed
    S6/S6E Call issues resolved
    US Note 5 / S6E+ Incall audio fixed
    Added an option to disable nativeblur (Thanks @Kill-Switch)

Helios Kernel V3.0
    Improved performance
    Removed Samsung input booster
    Added CPU/DEVFREQ Booster
    Disabled GPU DVFS control
    N9208 NFC Specific build added
    Improved SWAP
    Fix AOD crash on N5/S6E+
    Disable Argosd sevice due to drain
    Added LED Fadecontrol for all devices
    Added a service to set full res at first boot
    Rewrote all spectrum profiles
    Fixed Interactive governor issues
    Set bioshock governor by default
    GPU Policy "always_on" by default
    Fixed some logging spam caused by LMK
    Fixed the main cause behind many panics
    Ported morosound audio
    Improvements to GPU rendering
    Many more performance improvements
    Floyd v2.0 - 05.2019
    - Updated to Samsung OneUI Running Android 9.0
    - Entire rom was reworked from scratch fully based on N935F Pie
    - Imported most of the aroma and features from my Prometheus Roms
    - Fixed Bluetooth issues faced in V1.0
    - Fixed random reboots caused by media in V1.0
    - Fixed some Audio related issues
    - Updated and added YUVA features
    - Added custom CSC Features and prop tweaks
    - Fully reworked install script for S6/S6E/S6E+/N5 Support
    - Added Aroma options for Single/DualSim devices
    - Added Aroma options for CSC/KoreanCSC/OMC
    - Added Aroma options for International/Korean/US Audio
    - Added Reboot to Recovery
    - Added Missing Toggles
    - Enabled Screenshot in all apps
    - Disabled Signature
    - Fixed Share External in Facebook
    - Disabled High Brightness Warning
    - Disabled High Volume Warning
    - Dolby Audio effects fixed
    - Added Korean CSC option
    - Added US variants Fix for S6 (Not sure about N5/S6E+)
    - updated goodlock apps
    - Replaced EliteTuner with HadesKernel Tuner
    - Most of the lags are gone
    - AOD should be working on S6E+
    - Fixed install issues with S6 Variants
    - Audio freeze should be fixed
    - Added OMC for VoLTE Users
    - And many more stuff changed/added

Kernel
    - Helios Pie V2.5
    - Reworked the kernel to support Pie
    - Added support for S6/S6E/S6E+ Variants
    - Rebuilt from Noxxxious Source
    - Unified S6/S6E
    - Lags and other issues patched on pie
    - Disabled tons of useless tracing and logs
    - Updated helios scripts

Bugs and notes
    - Camera Video recording only works in snapchat , candy camera etc
    - GoogleCamera will NOT work
    - Hotspot turns on but does not connect
    - StockCamera is unusable (sometimes it works in landscape)
    - Rotation gets stuck sometimes in UI but works in apps
    - N9208 NFC is Disabled
    - HWC is Disabled until further notice
    - S6 IR Blaster is not supported for now
    - MiUi Camera needs to be granted permissions manually through settings

Floyd v1.0
    -initial release
    F.A.Q

NkmZlIty-90hHrpYvYv6AbZV0ELa6BkqJkpM-p5IQrcSdMUzm9FSxjkDmfoWZAd3FmqTDS1wSyLffeCg6IvoBo29Z65iC1p-CVyAP8Gq0MQD-3hDP4jwS4OUKA4b6_nOkXQFNIke2w=w2400

Good idea to read this F.A.Q While the rom is installing

NOTES :

Special Notes
    -At all times, be sure to have atlteast 10% free internal storage otherwise random reboots may occur and loss of data
    -To avoid gaming issues, make sure GameBooster updates is uninstalled from App manager (show system apps)
    -to keep youtube vanced, untick autoupdates from platstore
    -Q keyboard does not support most languages (you need to install language packs from xda look up yash92duster packs)

Floyd V5.0 F.A.Q

Samsung Camera Guide
    -VideoRecording : on front/back go to ProMode > ColorTone > Tone1 > Record
    --Front camera only records well at 720P
    --Videos recorded will be 24~30FPS
    -Selfies : Long press cam icon > select selfie
    --This will switch to front camera
    --To switch to main > long press icon > select auto

Few notes about the samsung camera, it seems that on the S6 its not very stable. so the best way to lunch selfie is :

1) Long press camera icon > Selfie
    2) if it FCs, just tap the camera icon again and DONT long press to pick selfie

Then to switch to back camera long press and select Auto, you should not face any FCs there

Floyd V4.0 / V5.0 F.A.Q
    Q : No Simcard being detected
    A : Disable / remove SIMLOCK From another device or ROM

Q : Games are Laggy/Pix-elated/Stutter/sucks/crashes
    A :
    1- settings > advanced features > gamebooter > turn it off
    2- in twrp mount system then use file manager to delete system/app/GameOptimizingService
    i forgot to remove this in V4 and it causes ALOT of issues with games (pix-elated graphics , lag , weird stretches etc)

Q : Device is running too hot
    A : The best way to go about this is to follow @skywoker guide here : XDA you should still play around with the voltages to find what is most stable for you

Q : Whatsapp web QR not working
    A : Better and newer workaround : Here
    Old workaround :
    For those, who have problems when trying to use Whatsapp Web:
    1. Go to Developer Options
    2. Change the Smallest Width to 443 dp (443 works for me, try bigger or smaller value)
    3. Switch to WhatsApp and scan QR Code
    4. Restore Smallest Widht to 411 again
    credit: @vijayinani

Q : Samsung camera does not turn on
    A : Disable auto brightness (idk why dont ask)

Q : Some apps lose internet after a while or at first setup
    A : Reboot your device or change process limit in developer options to 2 (due to wifi implementation)

Q : What is the best camera app ?
    A : For back photos use samsung camera, for videos and selfies use Footej or idan gcam or unixcamera

Q : Cant lower incall volume on US variants
    A : Side-effect of using AOSP HAL, use hkTweaks > MoroSound > reduce earpiece volume

Q : How to use GEARVR ?
    A : Download and install GEARVR Setup from APKMIRROR
    P.S : it is very laggy. in order to fix that you need to edit system/build.prop and change SM-N960F to SM-N920C
    However that is likley to break BixbyVoice. and maybe other FE specific features which are unclear now

Q : how to use GameTools ?
    A : Due to prop being changed to N950F to support bixby, if you want to use Gametools go to settings > apps > show system apps if needed > gametools and UNINSTALL updates
    P.S : You can also disable it from auto updating from there

Q : My gallery cant sync samsung photos from Cloud
    A : A common bug on oneUI roms from samsung. we are waiting for an update

Q : How to get Root ?
    A : Download Magisk and MagiskManager from the Official Thread . flash magisk.zip and install the APK

Q : Can i use SView cover ?
    A : Only basic support is added (enable in aroma) i have not tested it further

Q : What to do after the rom is setup ?
    A : Go to samsung apps, let the phone update everything

Q : My phone does NOT boot help pls
    A : Ensure you have LATEST AF bootloader and modem installed, did all the wipes, and did your house chores,

Old
    -- Oreo version F.A.Q --

Camera works in apps that have their own jpeg processing, whatsapp, snapchat are some
    HDR+ Might cause weird wobbbling in google camera, avoid it
    For the most optimal feature set, Pick CSC instead of OMC
    - In some countries OMC can lose feature sets
    If you pick OMC be sure to select the RIGHT slection for simcard question at setup wizard
    - Failure in doing that will keep the the popup and no simcard will work
    - You can Pick CSC to avoid this or read the thread instructions

Q : Camera doesnt open (googlecam)
    A : try to install manually from here

Q : Phone took alot of time to boot, and is very laggy
    A : pay attention to install steps and reboot if you flashed magisk

Q : There is SIM popup that keeps coming to ask me for restart
    A : you DID NOT follow the instructions, Reinstall the rom and pay attention

Q : in the first SIM question in setup wizard, language is not english, what does it say
    A : The RIGHT button is what you need to press, it will factory reset the phone (not touching your internal) and setup your /EFS with an OMC file that is linked to your simcard, so the rom will auto detect your CSC just like official samsung phones

Q : I dont see any EDGE panels after installing
    A : Reboot the phone

Q : How is battery Life ?
    A : With some tests and some cycles, it will be better than stock due to optimzations
    Addons And Mods

P.S : These patches are only needed by Floyd V5
    They have been integrated into V5.1

FloydV5 - NavBar Fix : Download
    - Only use if you ticked NavBar in aroma.

FloydV5 - Q Keyboard language pack : Download
    - Android 10 Keyboard does not support most languages so use that zip to install them
    - Make sure to open the zip and remove most of the languages you dont use, otherwise it might not install due to size
    - Thanks to @yash92duster

FloydV5 - CronosKernel V5.1 : Download
    - This fixes a bug where the phone will reboot once it boots up
    - Only affects very limited number of devices so dont flash it unless you have that issue

P.S : These patches are only needed by Floyd V4

PATCH 1 : G92XS/L/K Audio Fix
    Audio Fix for korean S6/S6E Variants

Download : Here
    Download mirror: Here

PATCH 2: GPS fix
    For those N5/S6/S6E/S6E+ users facing GPS issues
    (Such as no lock, no GNSS FIX or no offline gps etc)

Download Fix : Here
    Download mirror : Here

So far only some S6 Devices needed this
    Thanks @sammomin for sending logs of the issue and testing with me

PATCH 3 : No simcard on some devices

if you dont have simcard being detected, the issue is due to SIMLOCK. so using another Nougat ROM or a different device, Remove simlock and it will work

PATCH 4 : WifiHotspot Fix

Download : GoogleDrive
    Download mirror : here

This will fix WiFi hotspot "failed to obtain IP"
    P.S : Dont ask me about WiFi Sharing as our hardware does not support that afaik

PATCH 5 : Snapchat

Download : GoogleDrive
    Download Mirror : AFH

Snapchat banning fix and 4K Video recording (using gcam / unix cam)
    Some users reported snapchat banning them, it was due to a signature verification mod, so ive removed it.
    Flash noblur/blur that should be self explanatory
    4K Video recording patch thanks to @Cvolton
    Hope you guys like, enjoy and please report any bug you see.

Merry Christmas