Votes: 6 1.8%
  • I don't care about the update at all

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Kruk07

Dec 18, 2012
Edinburgh
I think that update always says to ensure that data is backed up as update potentially can cause data deletion or something like that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I received and installed the update on my S9 exynos.
I didn't do a factory reset yet because I have exams and I don't have a lot of time to do this stuff, but surprisingly everything seems smoother and faster, but I noticed that the transition of the clock between the always on display and the lock screen is a bit laggy.
Do someone have this issue? And will it become smoother after a few days?

Anyone experiencing issues with "Android System" using a lot of battery on android 10 (exynos)?
For me, it doesn't even appear in battery usage menu (maybe android 10 related), but in android 9, sometimes it was taking about 25% of the battery.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

I received and installed the update on my S9 exynos.
I didn't do a factory reset yet because I have exams and I don't have a lot of time to do this stuff, but surprisingly everything seems smoother and faster, but I noticed that the transition of the clock between the always on display and the lock screen is a bit laggy.
Do someone have this issue? And will it become smoother after a few days?
Can someone please confirm this?
Thanks in advance :laugh:

And-rois

Sep 25, 2012
Tehran
I got the update and after that do the factory reset then let battery completely drain and after turning off the phone full charge it.
Now everything nice except i want uninstall lots of apps and customize navigation but can't just these.
I think we will get couple fixing update and performance improvements in next months so don't worry and don't forget factory reset helps you a lot

And-rois

Sep 25, 2012
Tehran
Guys I feel like camera after update a little bit washed out! And the focus isn't like the pie, what are you feel about it?

tobay93

Aug 24, 2015
I'm still on Beta 1 and had to switch from CSJ3 to SK1 before updating if I flash the stable Android 10Q Update now via Odin from the 1st page Google Drive, will I get Ota Updates in Germany?

Last edited:

Kruk07

Dec 18, 2012
Edinburgh
In my situation I noticed that for some reason phone was connecting to 2G rather than 5G. Once change to default 5G I'm again having full speed.

Try to forget the network and setup from scratch.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

vegh_mark97

Oct 7, 2012
Budapest
I think I just managed to do it, by making a modded boot.img file to be flashed on Odin. Basically you extract the boot.img.lz4 from the AP file, you make it an img file with lz4 extract tool from github, then you copy it in your phone and install Magisk Manager. Then from it, you hit install, create edited boot img, you select the boot.img file. It will create a magisk_patched.img in download folder, you copy it in your computer, you compress it with 7zip in tar format, and flash it with Odin tool in the AP section.

EDIT: this works fine for Titanium Backup, but is it normal that I cannot write in system partition?
EDIT2: I can't recommend this method. It's very unsafe for data loss.

Thank you for your tip.
I just had some time and tried it. My phone could not even boot after flashing.. It threw me back to download. I flashed only the original boot.img as a .tar and fortunately got no data loss!
I hope there comes some solution soon. (I don't even care if I have to use TWRP.)

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Is it possible to root s9 plus on android 10 yet ?

I just tried it with Magisk patched boot.img, but no success.. My phone could not even boot with it. (See my prev. reply I just posted.)
I previously tried to root it with a TWRP method that worked on Pie, but it did not work here either.
Sadly I could not find a working way to root it just yet.

Handeman707

Jan 21, 2010
Den Bosch (NL)
Thank you for your tip.
I just had some time and tried it. My phone could not even boot after flashing.. It threw me back to download. I flashed only the original boot.img as a .tar and fortunately got no data loss!
I hope there comes some solution soon. (I don't even care if I have to use TWRP.)

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

I just tried it with Magisk patched boot.img, but no success.. My phone could not even boot with it. (See my prev. reply I just posted.)
I previously tried to root it with a TWRP method that worked on Pie, but it did not work here either.
Sadly I could not find a working way to root it just yet.

GO HERE: https://xdaforums.com/tab-s5e/how-to/galaxy-tab-s5e-sm-t720-root-t3947806

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot-4.png

Hello everyone!

I decided to make a thread, where we can discuss the upcoming update for our lovely device Galaxy S9+. Maybe it's too early for this discussion, or not? I hope the moderators don't mind... I'm very excited about the update and a little bit frustrated that we will not get the beta first. I may upgrade to Note 10+, but I'm not yet sure, because I love too much my S9+ - the design, the screen, feels like everything is perfect though. Only miss the wide-angle camera :p

The beta program just started! Currently available in India, Korea, and the UK. Thanks to SamMobile we had the first build which you can find below.

The second beta will be available next week, according to SamMobile.

The second beta is out. You can find download links and changelog below.

The third beta is out. You can find download links and changelog below, as usual. The changelog on this one is pretty short and everything looks very stable. I guess is safe to say we can expect very soon stable release.​
    Beta N 5 came out today. You can find links and changelog below, as usual.

Beta N6 is out. Links below.

Samsung has released the Android 10 update for the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+. The update is rolling out in Germany at the moment for those who are on Android Pie. Yes, the final build of Android 10 is yet to be released for those who are on the One UI 2.0 beta, though that is probably going to change soon.

Beta Builds

G960F_CSK1_ZSKD (S9) (Beta 1) (Exynos) - LINK

G965F_CSK1_ZSKD (S9+) (Beta 1) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2

G960F_ZSKD_ZSL2 (S9) (Beta 2) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2

G965F_ZSKD_ZSL2 (S9+) (Beta 2) (Exynos) - LINK 1 | LINK 2

G960F_ZSL2_ZSL9 (S9) (Beta 3) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSL2_ZSL9 (S9+) (Beta 3) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSL9_ZSLC (S9+) (Beta 4) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSLC_ZSLG (S9+) (Beta 4) (HotFix) (Exynos) - LINK 1

G965F_ZSLC_ZTA2 (S9+) (Beta 5) (Exynos) - LINK

G965F_ZTA2_ZTA9 (S9+) (Beta 6) (Exynos) - LINK

G965F_ZTA9_DTAA (S9+) (Stable Version) (Exynos) (The last one) - LINK

Alternative, direct links for the betas 4, 4 Hotfix, 5, and 6: thanks to @mchaimech - LINK

Installation instructions - HERE

About the ROOT, check - this and this

All credits to @sammobile and @henklbr who saved the day!

From where to download the stock firmware

I see people still asking from where to download it, since @sammobile[/user] need premium acc for faster download. There are a few alternatives that are very easy to use and I thought everyone Samsung fan knows them but it seems I was wrong. Gonna share them here.

1. Updato.com
    This is for people who don't want to install any additional software. However, seems full of ads. If that doesn't bother you, use it.

2. SamFirm 0.3.6
    It's deprecated but still working though.

3. Frija
    This is the most updated with very nice interface. I would recommend it.

Mirros to Google Drive with stock firmware:

Android 9 Pie

G965FXXU7CSK1/G965FOXM7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSK1

Android 10 Q

G965FXXU7DTAA/G965FOXM7DTAA/G965FXXU7DTA3/G965FXXU7DTAA

G965FXXS9DTD7/G965FOXM9DTD7/G965FXXS9DTD7/G965FXXS9DTD7

G965FXXU9ETF5/G965FOXM9ETF2/G965FXXU9ETF2/G965FXXU9ETF5

G965FXXUCFTJ2/G965FOXMCFTJ2/G965FXXUCFTJ1/G965FXXUCFTJ2

Changelog:

Camera
    • Single Take
    • Pro Video
    • AR Zone (Picture Link, updated AR Emoji, Stickers)
    • AR Doodle
    • My Filters
    • Shot Suggestions
    • Selfie Tone
    • Smooth zoom transition
    • Recording with shutter button in Photo mode
    • Swipe down gesture on the shutter button
    • Night Mode on selfie and telephoto modes

APPs

• My Files – Network Storage
    • Gallery – Quick Crop and Clean View
    • Messages – Categories and custom chat backgrounds
    • Samsung Dex – Snapping windows with mouse
    • Link to Windows/Your Phone – Shared clippoard
    • System
    • Quick Share
    • Music Share
    • Deep sleeping apps
    • Changes in few settings pages
    • More screen zoom options

Keyboard

• New design
    • Better haptic feedback (for example when deleting text)
    • Undo/Redo gestures
    • Spotify and Netflix integration
    • Search, Translate and Samsung Pass were added
    • Changes in Handwriting mode

Notes, related to the beta builds:

1. I think it was a mention somewhere but will write it here also. Both files are in .bin format. You need to rename them in update .zip so you can flash them through stock recovery.

2. You can't flash it directly if you are rooted, need to be completely sock - this includes the stock recovery. Also, you should be on this firmware G965FXXU7CSK1/G965FOXM7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSK1. When new beta's come out you will need to flash them as the way they came out, like beta1->beta2 and etc.

3. The USA and Korean builds are not compatible with the rest models. Be careful what you flash on your device. By the tip to remove them to not lead to confusion, I will separate them below in the spoiler. The authors of the files can feel free to make a new thread about the specific device.

Korean Builds

G960N_CSJ1_ZSKD (S9) (Beta 1) (Exynos) - LINK

G965N_ZSKD_ZSL2 (S9+) (Beta 2) (Exynos) - LINK

USA Builds

G965U1_ZSL3 (S9+) (Beta 1) (Snapdragon) - LINK

G965U1_ZSL3_ZSL9 (S9+) (Beta 2) (Snapdragon) - LINK

B]G965U1_ZSL9_ [/B] (S9+) (Beta 3) (Snapdragon) - LINK

Notes, related to Android 10:

• You can't install any more custom fonts on Android 10 unless you are rooted.
      Check the Galaxy store for your favorite font. If it's there you can buy it and use it.
    • Swift Installer, Substratum doesn't work anymore on S9/ S9+ like before.
      You need will the Synergy. However for me isn't working at all, so basically I can't use any substratum theme or mod. On the other hand Hex Installer works very well and I will recommend it.
    • Blocking ads with DNS still working.
    • Technically, there is no reason to not be able to receive OTA, after flashing stable DBT version with Odin. Just make sure you don't use CSC (use HOME_CSC instead) file to wipe everything and break something with your current CSC. I personally flashed CSC file by mistake, my CSC didn't change it but now I can't receive OTA. No big deal for me will flash it manually when there is a new update.
    • OTA files won't wipe anything. Some user reports that his phone is wiped after OTA, but this usually is impossible. A good idea is always to make a backup with Smart Switch before any procedure of this kind.
    • OTA files won't wipe anything. Some user reports that his phone is wiped after OTA, but this usually is impossible. A good idea is always to make a backup with Smart Switch before any procedure of this kind.
    • Yes, ROOT is possible on Android 10. Check THIS thread to see the steps for rooting.
    G965FXXU7ZSLG Android 10/OneUI 2.0 Beta4 HotFix

lvUUMW.jpg

S9+ Beta4 HotFix ZSLC -> ZSLG: G965F_ZSLC_ZSLG (Thanks to SamMobile)
    G965FXXU7ZTA9 Android 10/OneUI 2.0 Beta6

Fcm4C4.png
    3NSARD.jpg

S9+ Beta6 ZTA2 -> ZTA9: G965F_ZTA2_ZTA9 (Thanks to SamMobile)
    G965FXXU7ZSL2 Android 10/OneUI 2.0 Beta2

mf874P.jpg

S9+ Beta2 ZSKD -> ZSL2: G965F_ZSKD_ZSL2 (Thanks to SamMobile)
    G965FXXU3ZSKD Android 10/OneUI 2.0 Beta1

5Uaxo8.png
    etDtyd.jpg

G965F_CSK1_ZSKD (Thanks to SamMobile)

Note: you need to be at this firmware (India - INS)

G965FXXU7CSK1/G965FOXM7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSJ5/G965FXXU7CSK1