UK Samsung Preorder - incl upgrade program

Search This thread

tim84us

Mar 12, 2013
Hi all
is that time of the year again :p:):D

As you can imagine the fever is on and although this year samsung has a longer pre-order window (i think last year it shipped after 2 weeks) i know at least in UK and EU the preorders are open - including for those like myself that are doing it via the upgrade lounge.
Now i tried last night 2x in vain to successfully complete the upgrade but the only thing i have managed to get is 2 credit agreements with klarna and 2x deposits paid - with no phone actually ordered
i have spoken with Sam this morning and they said they are having issues with the upgrade and generally orders and will send an update email 24-48h hopefully sorting this out somehow...TBC
i have to say is very annoying that every year is happens - is like they dont learn any lessons to be prepared or open up in stages the upgrade
hopefully it will get sorted and i will have a pre order soon
when i was placing the upgrade it asked me to select a shipping date starting march 9th - but on the website it said shipping 8th march but get it a few days earlier if you preorder - whatever that means - will have to go thru all the palpitations again:

i went for the ultra black although for upgrade people the only option available is 128GB (im buying an 500GB SD) and 12GB RAM

that been said - im switching from s10 so for me it will be quite a jump in size
the only real disappointment is the 120HZ locked at 1080p - hope a future Software release will change that to 2K - but will see

how's everyone else's experience so far with pre-ordering, excitement thoughts etc?

thanks all and here's to March 9th (or 6th)

Reactions: izabn
I am not in the UK - I am in the USA but I thought I would share my experience. Here, we can only ask to RESERVE our Phone, I am ordering the S20 Ultra 512 GB on ATT - I am also taking advantage of the TRADE IN and will be sending my PIXEL 4XL and will get $600 for the trade, plus the Earbuds (or an additional 200 credit) all in - my total cost after the trade in will $999 US and I will have a new pair of Earbuds. If they let me, I will probably just take that as a credit and get the price down to $799. I believe I will be able to actually order the phone on the 22nd (I forget exactly what they said) but it did say it would be shipped to arrive by the 6th.

I can't wait!

5teve0

Apr 6, 2014
I am in the UK , and just had a similar problem. Put in last years upgrade loan number. It replied and said I could order the upgrade , chose the ultra , filled in details of old phone (s10 plus). chose delivery date ( 10 March earliest), did a couple of other box ticking, then redirected to Klarna , filled in all the details . Passed the checks, filled in bank details , paid the deposit by card, that was successful. I can't remember much else other than I was redirected back to samsung requesting by login credentials. After logging in I still had the items in the basket. I received an email from Klarna saying the direct debit had been set up. My credit card has been debited by Klarna. So I don't know if it is ordered or just paid for the experience . Anyway cut long story short, spoke to samsung customer support , they said they are waiting for Klarna to let their system know that credit has been set up and that I should get an email from samsung within 24 hours detailing the order.

Reactions: tim84us

tim84us

Mar 12, 2013
seems samsung is still scrambling in the dark to fix the upgrade lounge issues - just got a text saying they still dont know what happened and are investigating ...i mean really how hard can it be - is multi billion company!!

2015Ducatimulti

May 3, 2010
coldwater,mi
Yeah I`m in the USA and we can`t pre-order until the 21st, I did do the the RESERVE for the pre-order, and since I did the RESERVE to pre-order thing i will get 35.00 credit on top of the 200.00 , which can not be used on the price of any of the S20`s models, it`s in the fine print, so I `ll probably just use it towards the galaxy active 2 watch. also I will be trading in my Pixel 4 xl and getting the 600.00 trade in, plus I`m selling my Oneplus 6, and will be getting the 512gb 16gb S20 Ultra.

Last edited:

tim84us

Mar 12, 2013
finally got the order email confirmation coming thru - now waiting for 2nd order/agreement to be cancelled and refunded

the wait begins :)

5teve0

Apr 6, 2014
finally got the order email confirmation coming thru - now waiting for 2nd order/agreement to be cancelled and refunded

the wait begins :)

I am glad someone has been successful. No such luck , I applied again after numerous chats and phone calls with samsung and klarna to confirm and it failed again at Klarnas end. I been notified by the credit agencies that one hard search has been done by klarna. that was my first attempt to upgrade. I don't know if the 2nd attempt has resulted in another hard search but too many of these in a short space of time can impact on your credit rating. I emailed klarna asking them to let me know when it is safe to try again.

The samsung communtiy site is overloaded with comlaints from people suffering the same problems

Reactions: russellcausier

tim84us

Mar 12, 2013
i think is best to just let them know the agreement numbers and they will sort it out on their side, but defo dont try again until they fix it or you will end up with bad credit score
is a shame they cant make this process to work - every year same non sense

bomp306

Feb 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Just ordered my S10 Ultra 512GB via very.co.uk
I got an account specific code for 20% off so came to £1123. Plus get the earbuds (£160) and an extra £100 trade in at samsung.

Roll on 10/03!!

Davey Dual Sim

Oct 4, 2017
Managed to place my order S20 Ultra 5G, Karna seemed to be the problem so I just used PayPal Credit

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
Couldn't resist the Ultra in grey so ordered through Samsung on their upgrade program and it went through in seconds, got the confirmation email straight after placing the order so maybe the issues are now fixed?

5teve0

Apr 6, 2014
Couldn't resist the Ultra in grey so ordered through Samsung on their upgrade program and it went through in seconds, got the confirmation email straight after placing the order so maybe the issues are now fixed?

Did you use PC or phone to order. What browser did you use. There are still people complaining on the samsung community upgrade thread

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20-S20-S20-Ultra/S20-Upgrade-Lounge-Issues/td-p/1556960

Davey Dual Sim

Oct 4, 2017
I used Samsung browser on S10+

Took about 20 attempts suddenly the pay page changed and included all the options not just Klarna finance, and then I could complete the order

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: bomp306 and 5teve0

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
Did you use PC or phone to order. What browser did you use. There are still people complaining on the samsung community upgrade thread

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20-S20-S20-Ultra/S20-Upgrade-Lounge-Issues/td-p/1556960

Used safari on my iMac literally took me less than a couple of minutes to complete the whole process.
Checked the thread and this is a new purchase not an upgrade from any Samsung phone, hopefully they have fixed it all by 2021!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just remember, it’s only a phone...

Ridiculous. It’s as important as water :D - we need it to survive.
    On a side note any initial impressions on the Ultra so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First test of camera, handheld, unfortunately weather is rubbish at the moment, but in some ways that’s a better test.
    See my tweet below, I did tweet some more pics and am about to tweet some more in 5 mins approx.

https://twitter.com/gavinsgadgets/status/1237335621053624321?s=21

I copied my texts from my iPhone 11 Pro , documents, video, and photos to my Ultra. That took about an hour and worked well. Also dropped in my Samsung 512gb micro sd card. Paired my Active Watch 2 to the phone. Paired my AirPods, Beats Studio3 and Buds+. Also my Fiio BTR5. Bluetooth audio is wat better quality than the iPhone, even with AirPods but you lose the iOS features.

Battery seems to drain fast at the moment on 120hz, but it’s far too early to tell. I installed 25 games and 130 apps, so everything is trying to run in the background currently. I also have 100gb of music on the card, 30gb of photos and videos.

I like the screen a lot. Will keep it for sure. I do feel iOS is a more polished joined up experience but there are aspects of the Ultra and android that I just prefer too.
    Just to inform those of you who purchased your S20 Ultra through Vodafone. The device is SIM unlocked - I'm comfortably rocking my Vodafone SIM in slot 1 for the Unlimited data and a EE SIM in slot 2 for the 5G.
    Dispatched!! Delivery tomorrow! :D :D :D

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

i applied for Samsung buds (the free ones you get with preorder) through the Samsung members app... is there any way of tracking if its been successful ?

I cant claim because i ordered March 14th....offer ended March 8th :(
    Order confirmed guys! Hopefully a despatch today for delivery tomorrow! [emoji869][emoji869]

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app