MI A3 wont install updates !!!

Search This thread

MohRez

Nov 15, 2014
EsFaHaN
hi there

i installed miui xiaomi.eu custom rom but it failed ! after that i flashed stock rom and ot need to change slot to A
from then i can not install any update ( even with flash stock rom )

arb_screenshot_20200308-172817.png

Reactions: Valiko89

lcparente

Jan 22, 2018
Niterói, Rio de Janeiro
It has few weeks that my stock ROM is having the same problem, MmdRza!

I click to install this ~87MB (in my cased it is precisely 86.4MB) updated and when it finishes I receive the following message in red colour: "Installation will continue when device isn't being used. To install now, tap Resume"

So, when I resume, the same looping occurs. The only thing that I did was root my device =(

Valiko89

Nov 8, 2017
Same here

I was screwing with custom roms and eventually decided to roll back to stock.
Installed the stock via twrp, upon first boot it said something is corrupt suggested to do factory restore and booted fine
Just now when I try to update I get the same issue. I personally stuck on V10.3.12.0.PFQEUXM

Someone help us please :confused:

Valiko89

Nov 8, 2017

Thanks mate but instructions were unclear - "download full OTA zip (not the incremental one, size must be above 1gb)"
Not sure were to get this full OTA zip for my EU A3

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

Thanks mate but instructions were unclear - "download full OTA zip (not the incremental one, size must be above 1gb)"

After some wandering around I found a google drive link says "payload_V10.3.14.0.PFQEUXM.bin" is this what I was looking for?

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

After some wandering around I found a google drive link says "payload_V10.3.14.0.PFQEUXM.bin" is this what I was looking for?

Guess im stuck again this time "tune2fs" not found

oThKeNM.png

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

oThKeNM.png
1. collection of Fastboot and OTA images at one place (use Google translate and click on "official firmware" ) http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=962154. Though there are Fastboot images with more recent versions available, so it doesn't make much sense to extract old OTA images yourself (unless you want to try it).

2. tune2fs must be run as root (adb shell; su; tune2fs)

Last edited:
Reactions: Valiko89

Valiko89

Nov 8, 2017
1. collection of Fastboot and OTA images at one place (use Google translate and click on "official firmware" ) http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=962154. Though there are Fastboot images with more recent versions available, so it doesn't make much sense to extract old OTA images yourself (unless you want to try it).

Well that was almost 48H wild ride
lol looks im too dumb to run adb shell as root cuz after adb shell I always got 'not found' also couldn't find the actual up to date ota on 4pda
So I got slightly older ver. ota gave up on the tune2fs step and headed on extracting the system.img from the payload.bin then flashing it blindly using 'fastboot flash system system.img' and when done got thrown back to yesterday - no phone at all just plain xiaomi logo yayyy fml!

But! on the same 4pda I stumbled upon the latest V10.3.17.0.PFQEUXM Fastboot recovery, and after poking around the web re-flashing the whole damn thing with the stock fastboot rom seemed like not such a bad idea at this point of my frustration.

By now the whole a/b slot tuned into one huge salad in my head so I went for sure and this is what I did:
1. boot to fastboot manually
2. 'fastboot flashing unlock' (holding vol down to return back to fastboot)
3. 'fastboot' flashing unlock_critical (holding vol down to return back to fastboot)
4. 'fastboot --set-active=a'
5. flashed the extracted tar folder with MiFlash and holding vol down near finish to return back to fastboot
6. 'fastboot --set-active=b'
7. flashed the same extracted tar folder again with MiFlash and holding vol down near finish to return back to fastboot
8. 'fastboot flashing lock_critical'
9. 'fastboot reboot'

And hooray! It booted to latest updated rom will have to wait for next OTA update to see if it works at all :cyclops:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi there

i installed miui xiaomi.eu custom rom but it failed ! after that i flashed stock rom and ot need to change slot to A
    from then i can not install any update ( even with flash stock rom )

arb_screenshot_20200308-172817.png

oThKeNM.png