[pheonixin]Unable to bind Mi Account

Search This thread

kushal.purkar

I unlocked the bootloader and flashed twrp available in above link. Device need to be boot into twrp after install or it won't stick. Then i flashed magisk and device couldn't boot into system . It came back to fastboot only.
Then i uninstalled magisk and it booted into system.
Device is recognised as K30 in recovery mode on PC.

Jan 3, 2017
I unlocked the bootloader and flashed twrp available in above link. Device need to be boot into twrp after install or it won't stick. Then i flashed magisk and device couldn't boot into system . It came back to fastboot only.
Then i uninstalled magisk and it booted into system.
Device is recognised as K30 in recovery mode on PC.

Which ROM did you flash after unlocking the bootloader?

G

GuestD2458

Unlocked bootloader, installed TWRP, flashed xiaomi.eu rom. Everything's working fine and the process was a breeze.

G

GuestD2458

share link to TWRP rec

Can you please give the steps

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261719578

This converts the phone into a Redmi K30. There is the recovery image and two batch files in the archive.

Take the image and flash it using fastboot by booting into fastboot mode, plugging the phone into a PC and using the command :

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Where either you can rename the recovery image or put the name in place of recovery.img in the command. Once the recovery is flashed reboot into the recovery by pressing the Volume Up and Power button.

The recovery will be in Chinese, just tick the box and swipe to allow modifications.

Then go to settings and change the language to english.

Follow this guide to change the language : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxPeYJYsUYU

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Followed this method - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=81969709&postcount=11 and was able to root with Magisk. Only thing is unfortunately CTS profile is still false, searching this I got links saying that may be due to Google pay installed. Follow above link and root should work with Magisk.

Are you able to boot with modules installed? I tried installing Viper4Android and got stuck at bootlogo. The phone booted normally after flashing the patched image again.

Kartik kurt

Nov 17, 2015
After unlocking the bootloader my cts profile is giving issues. My status is not certified in google play store and my device is not showing in mi account.
Is anyone else also facing the same issue ???

Attachments

• IMG_20200310_192455__01.jpg
    IMG_20200310_192455__01.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20200310_192738__01.jpg
    IMG_20200310_192738__01.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 185
G

GuestD2458

After unlocking the bootloader my cts profile is giving issues. My status is not certified in google play store and my device is not showing in mi account.
Is anyone else also facing the same issue ???

Same issue. CTS Profile issue as well as Device is not certified in Play Protect.

Kartik kurt

Nov 17, 2015
I have finally rooted my device without twrp by flashing magisk patched boot image. Then used magisk module - magisk hide props config and created a certified fingerprint of poco F1. Still.... CTS profile is showing false.
Did anyone fixed this issue ??

coolcorner

Jan 27, 2012
Are you able to boot with modules installed? I tried installing Viper4Android and got stuck at bootlogo. The phone booted normally after flashing the patched image again.

I have not installed Viper4Android (I do not listen to music on phone much these days, this used to my first install earlier), but YES installed DNScrypt-proxy2 which works absolutely fine.
Prolly Viper4Android does something to boot img which makes it to loop? Also, if you try to install magisk_modules again from the Magisk app (yes after root) phone again goes into the boot loop. At the moment seems like all these other methods are not stable.

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

I have finally rooted my device without twrp by flashing magisk patched boot image. Then used magisk module - magisk hide props config and created a certified fingerprint of poco F1. Still.... CTS profile is showing false.
Did anyone fixed this issue ??

I tried this method too, using Poco F1 but did not help.

Can someone (who has not rooted their phone yet) run this "getprop ro.build.fingerprint" (without the ") command and get the output please? So we can add this fingerprint in MagiskHide Props Config for Poco X2, may be that will help pass CTS profile to true.

Reference: MagiskHide PRobs Config guide:
https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/MagiskHidePropsConf#custom-fingerprints-list

Edit:

I extracted fingerprint from my ROOTED stock ROM Poco X2 and this is how it looks like:
Poco X2 (10):pOCO:pOCO X2=POCO/phoenixin/phoenixin:10/QKQ1.190825.002/V11.0.4.0.QGHINXM:user/release-keys__2020-01-01

After extracting fingerprint I started wondering if MagiskHide Props Config fix will help us fix our CTS profile issue, as we are still on stock ROM (but ya rooted), the prop edits would probably help for custom ROMs and may be our issue is something different.

Last edited:

ARUSX

Nov 14, 2017
After it goes to bootloop
Force reboot to recovery and delete Post fs file of viper module from magix folder and reboot

Kartik kurt

Nov 17, 2015
Fix for cts profile issue is to Clear play store's data.
I did it and it worked like a charm.
Finally have my device unlocked, rooted and safety net fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unable to bind Mi Account with the device: Error Code: 86023

In order to unlock the device using the Mi Unlock Tool, the device need to be bind to the Mi Account in order to get the permission and to successfully unlock the device, this has been the usual protocol in all other Xiaomi phones.

As far as we know, Redmi K30 4G (phoenix) unlocks well, but Poco X2 (pheonixin) cannot be unlocked as of now because of the error.

Steps to reproduce:

1.Go to Settings -> About Phone and tap the MIUI version multiple times to unlock Developer Options.
    2. Go to Settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Options -> Mi Unlock Status
    3. Here you can see an option at the bottom to Add account and device, if you tap it, you'll meet an error which says: "Couldn't add. Error code:86023"

Device cannot be unlocked until the account and device gets binded.
    You can try unlocking now!
    Mi Account successfully binds to the device!
    I have been trying to unlock since couple of days and getting same error, https://twitter.com/POCOSupport tells me they will call me and help me get this fixed, but so far not received any calls from them. I see you are one of the devs who has received the device from Poco X2 https://www.xda-developers.com/poco-x2-custom-rom-kernel-developer-program/ but how can the miss the point, in order to do any custom ROM development min requirement is unlocking the device and that itself is NOT working.

Hope the guys at Poco will fix this issue soon.
    Hello there.
    That is why this thread was created to mark the issue public. Thanks for the response, everyone with Poco X2 is facing this, Poco will soon be sharing a fix regarding this!
    I have been trying to unlock since couple of days and getting same error, https://twitter.com/POCOSupport tells me they will call me and help me get this fixed, but so far not received any calls from them. I see you are one of the devs who has received the device from Poco X2 https://www.xda-developers.com/poco-x2-custom-rom-kernel-developer-program/ but how can the miss the point, in order to do any custom ROM development min requirement is unlocking the device and that itself is NOT working.

Hope the guys at Poco will fix this issue soon.
    It should have been solved already, don't know why they sent handset to developer and released kernel source w/o confirming this thing

Even if they fix this, its not going to happen soon.
    Otherwise, they would have done in February itself.
    I think its upto us... The people who are really suffering because of this issue. So i request everyone to take it to twitter, tag pocoindia n ask them frequently. If lot of people will tweet n use a similar hashtag to highlight the issue. They might consider fixing it soon. So lets use #unlockpocox2 n see how many of us tweet them n see if they can give us a fix soon.