JamesDSP Audio Manager [MMT-EX]

Search This thread

meleelord

How did you install JamesDSP? Did you install it via Magisk? I don't see any log lines in logcat that indicate that AudioFlinger has loaded the JamesDSP Effect Library, nor do I see any lines related to Magisk loading any installed modules. From what I can tell from the logs you provided you only have the JamesDSP App installed and not the Backend Engine which actually handles all of the processing.

I installed it through Magisk, I'll try get a log from when I power up my phone.

Jman420

Jul 21, 2014
I installed it through Magisk, I'll try get a log from when I power up my phone.

I'm actually running a Stock Pixel 4 and have no problem with JamesDSP since addressing the SELinux Context issues a month or so back. I can't speak to Dirty Unicorns ROM since I don't run it and haven't come across any reason to run a custom ROM on my Pixel. But the most common source of these kinds of errors is either not selecting 'yes' to use the lib workaround at install time (meaning that libstdc++ is missing from the /vendor/lib directory), or the wrong SELinux Contexts are set on the files that are placed into the vendor partition.

Reactions: meleelord

meleelord

I'm actually running a Stock Pixel 4 and have no problem with JamesDSP since addressing the SELinux Context issues a month or so back. I can't speak to Dirty Unicorns ROM since I don't run it and haven't come across any reason to run a custom ROM on my Pixel. But the most common source of these kinds of errors is either not selecting 'yes' to use the lib workaround at install time (meaning that libstdc++ is missing from the /vendor/lib directory), or the wrong SELinux Contexts are set on the files that are placed into the vendor partition.
The lib workaround solved the issue, thank you :)

kamisan

Jun 17, 2010
Austin
Installed on oneplus 7t stock rooted, crashes on launch logcat says unable to create service, did AML same problem did lib workaround and it still does it. Ainur Narsil is only mod installed and AML saw both and patched both, also tried without AML. Willing to dig and work on it if I know where to look, not a dev in any way but will try almost anything and have googled this already to see if there were any fixes per se. No fully working twrp and viper4android doesn't seem to play well with android 10 yet. Also have SELinux and tried permissive and enforcing no change.

Organic31

Jun 16, 2019
Can someone share the settings to improve the sound? Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 device on the Derpfest 10 Android custom. It is desirable to improve the overall sound, without any bias.

geiszla

Aug 14, 2016
Installed on oneplus 7t stock rooted, crashes on launch logcat says unable to create service, did AML same problem did lib workaround and it still does it. Ainur Narsil is only mod installed and AML saw both and patched both, also tried without AML. Willing to dig and work on it if I know where to look, not a dev in any way but will try almost anything and have googled this already to see if there were any fixes per se. No fully working twrp and viper4android doesn't seem to play well with android 10 yet. Also have SELinux and tried permissive and enforcing no change.

Same. Worked perfectly until recently and now I can't open it because it crashes with an error that it cannot create HeadsetService.

oktaya

Jun 21, 2012
I tried v4a fx which was fine when it worked but it's very finnicky. And as far as I understand it can't do ldac level encoding. Installed magisk then james. I first tested it with convolution for my headphones. But since I don't have the convolution file for high encodings I switched to using a graphic EQ profile. Soffar everything is great. Got this overpriced sony from being a muddy mess to having a much flatter response.

You can find EQ and convolution files for your specific headphones on github. Search for autoeq and go to the results page.

drater2

Nov 22, 2018
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Last edited:

Obito_Sama

Jul 31, 2018
Nabeul
Excuse me guys i' m a noob here...
The app always crash, even after installing AML, i uninstalled v4a and installed AML but it always crash at launch, same thing for sauron!
Any tips??

Pxlckr

Jun 20, 2016
The app always crash, even after installing AML, i uninstalled v4a and installed AML but it always crash at launch, same thing for sauron!
Any tips??
I face it to before. Try to remove all sound mod you have. Better you use one of them because both app are do same thing but i prefer jamesdsp. I combine jamesdsp w ainur sauron works flawlessly

If you want to, just try to flash like this, but choose only one mod in row

Narsil
Sauron

Viper
Jamesdsp
Dtsx

Acpatch

Aml

Reactions: Obito_Sama

Obito_Sama

Jul 31, 2018
Nabeul
I face it to before. Try to remove all sound mod you have. Better you use one of them because both app are do same thing but i prefer jamesdsp. I combine jamesdsp w ainur sauron works flawlessly

If you want to, just try to flash like this, but choose only one mod in row

Narsil
Sauron

Viper
Jamesdsp
Dtsx

Acpatch

Aml
Thanks for the reply...
The only mod i had before was V4A and i Uninstalled it before trying to install JamesDSP, znd and it didn't work, thought AML would solve the problem but jamesDSP still crashes at launch!

As for the flash method you mentioned sauron asked me to remove narsil before proceeding the installation, and do i need both sauron and JamesDSP, i thought the latter is updated version of sauron!!
But as i said im just a noob trying to figure out things, lol...

geiszla

Aug 14, 2016
Any tips??

I had the same problem and I don't know why but installing V4A fixed it for me. Try the following:

1. Uninstall every audio mod you have and AML
2. Install JamesDSP magisk module
3. Install V4A magisk module (don't need to install driver)
4. Install AML to patch both
5. You can disable (or possibly remove?) V4A after (I haven't experimented with it, just disabled the module in Magisk)

Hope this helps.

Obito_Sama

Jul 31, 2018
Nabeul
I had the same problem and I don't know why but installing V4A fixed it for me. Try the following:

1. Uninstall every audio mod you have and AML
2. Install JamesDSP magisk module
3. Install V4A magisk module (don't need to install driver)
4. Install AML to patch both
5. You can disable (or possibly remove?) V4A after (I haven't experimented with it, just disabled the module in Magisk)

Hope this helps.
BTW the v4a version i installed yesterday was 2.7 from xda and not the magisk module, and i already installed the drivers, is that a probleme?

Last edited:

geiszla

Aug 14, 2016
BTW the v4a version i installed yesterday was 2.7 from xda and the magisk module, and i already installed the drivers, is that a probleme?

I don't think it's a problem if you install the drivers. Did you install JamesDSP and V4A together (plus AML) and still having crashes?

Btw Sauron is completely different from JamesDSP, the former is an audio mod library (with no app or GUI whatsoever), the latter is an app to customize the sound profile of your phone.

Obito_Sama

Jul 31, 2018
Nabeul
I don't think it's a problem if you install the drivers. Did you install JamesDSP and V4A together (plus AML) and still having crashes?

Btw Sauron is completely different from JamesDSP, the former is an audio mod library (with no app or GUI whatsoever), the latter is an app to customize the sound profile of your phone.
Thanks for the suggestion bro...
I just did as you said, uninstalled everything then reinstalled mods in the order you mentioned, jamesDSP still crashes at launch!

Also while installing it tells that there's a conflict with another audio mod and that i have to install AML, even tho i'm pretty sure the only mod i installed was v4a and that already uninstalled!

Last edited:

jcmm11

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Thanks for the suggestion bro...
I just did as you said, uninstalled everything then reinstalled mods in the order you mentioned, jamesDSP still crashes at launch!

Also while installing it tells that there's a conflict with another audio mod and that i have to install AML, even tho i'm pretty sure the only mod i installed was v4a and that already uninstalled!
How many Magisk mods do you have installed? You could just remove all the Magisk mods and start from scratch.

Personally I'm running latest versions of:
Jamesdsp
Narsil
AML
and not having any issues.

If you do decide you want to start from scratch - delete the contents of /data/adb/ then reboot.
You'll lose all your modules + Magisk Manager settings.

topbasework

Oct 25, 2011
How many Magisk mods do you have installed? You could just remove all the Magisk mods and start from scratch.

Personally I'm running latest versions of:
Jamesdsp
Narsil
AML
and not having any issues.

If you do decide you want to start from scratch - delete the contents of /data/adb/ then reboot.
You'll lose all your modules + Magisk Manager settings.

R u using latest jdsp version V2.7 ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description:
    This is a reformed audio effect digital signal processing engine for Android. The GUI is copy from Omnirom DSPManager, but the internal audio engine is enhanced and reformed!

Features:
    • Pro dynamic range compression
    • Bass Boost
      • --> 1023/4095/8191 order FIR linear phase low pass bass boost
    • Reverberation (Dual engine reverb)
      • --> GVerb
      • --> Progenitor 2
    • 10 Band Hybrid Equalizer
    • Stereo Widen
    • Triode dual stage vacuum tube simulation
      • --> Simulate with real mathematical model of 12AX7 tube
      • Auto partitioning high efficient convolution engine
      • --> Support mono / stereo / full stereo(LL, LR, RL, RR) impulse response
      • --> Samples per channels should less than 1000000* for stereo
      • --> Samples per channels should less than 400000* for full stereo
      • --> Impulse response file support: V4A IRS, FLAC, WAV

Install:
    • Install via Magisk Manager, Flashfire, or recovery (Magisk or System install will detect automatically)

Uninstall:
    • Delete module in Magisk Manager
    • OR Flash module in recovery

Audio Mod Troubleshooting Guide

Download

Notes:
    Convolver have been tested working even in stereo impulse response with 16121304 samples per channels on Snapdragon 820

If you look at the source code from Java part, you will find some are similar with Viper4Android, but this is not true.
    Viper4Android only open source it's interface, their core drivers source code have never been released.
    For convenient sake, I copy some interface code to accelerate my development.

How to compile the source code?
    Use Android NDK & Eclipse

Previous post

XDA:DevDB Information
    JamesDSPManager, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    james3460297, ahrion, Zackptg5
    Source Code: https://github.com/james34602/JamesDSPManager

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v3.3
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-02

Created 2017-11-11
    Last Updated 2020-11-02
    New JDSP is finally here everyone!
    Anyone give links for PRESETS and IRS.... I downloaded from an old post , but that's causing the app to crash!
    1) You can download Convolvers and DDC from
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904011552

Unzip and
    - copy IRS files from Kernel folder to Internal memory: /JamesDSP/Convolver
    - enable Convolver and select an Impulse Response filter

- copy VDC files from DDC folder to Internal memory: /JamesDSP/DDC
    - enable ViPER-DDC and select a DDC file

Btw, with IdealEQ.vds for DDC file, there is also a notable increase in Volume (tested for Speaker and Headset)

2) For Equalizer, enable Hybrid equalizer (for Speaker, Headset and Bluetooth), select Custom, and from the top-right menu chose Save preset, name it like MyDefault

Open by eg MiXPlorer, Internal memory:
    /JamesDSP/Presets/MyDefault/james.dsp.speaker.xml
    (repeat the same for Headset and Bluetooth XML files)

edit as Text file, find the line starting with
    <string name="dsp.tone.eq.custom">

and replace by 'Small speaker' parameters:
    <string name="dsp.tone.eq.custom">7.0;6.8;6.4;3.5;0.0;0.0;0.0;0.0;0.0;0.0;0.0;-3.5;-6.4;-3.3;-3.5;</string>

Then in JamesDSP, top-right menu, chose Load preset and select your MyDefault
    JDSP has been updated to v1.7! See james' github for changelog, this installer uses the hq libs
    Can you define HQ and SQ in specific terms?

Yes. @Zackptg5 Yes, for sure.
    HQ process audio using float 64 data type, although Android audio framework most likely provide only 16 bit data, this doesn't mean it is unnecessary, because float 64 guarantee less rounding error, thus less noise.
    SQ mode is pretty standard in DSP, float 32 satisfy most situations, this is most power saving, and fastest.