Latest and best #gcam for our X2 Pro.

Search This thread

johnnyjoe

Jun 3, 2011
Anyway to get slow motion to work? I'm on Arnova's latest beta, on Lineage OS. Everything seems to work, even aux lenses, but not slow motion.

xxxcazador

Aug 23, 2010
Anyway to get slow motion to work? I'm on Arnova's latest beta, on Lineage OS. Everything seems to work, even aux lenses, but not slow motion.

Can you take raw photos on all cameras? and the main camera takes you 12 megapixel or 64 megapixel raw photos? in reality, all the photographic applications that take raw photos only let you take 12 megapixel photos :(

Imumufid

Mar 20, 2020
What are you talking about? He didn't ask for an opinion about the phone, but the GCam app.

Also, on the contrary, this is probably one of the best cheap flagships you could buy.

I don't think so its good to buy in this price list its worst phone ever, and gcam even its not supported face retouching

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I don't think so its good to buy in this price list its worst phone ever, and gcam even its not supported face retouching
Dude what?? So no face retouching makes the phone useless? Most people (myself included) just get rid of that s*it on any phone in any camera app immediately.

pixou

Jan 14, 2014
Ultra wide angle doesn't work (if i activate it the gcam app shutdown when i use x0. 6)
Not yet supported ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Arnova (the gcam developer) has recently joined the x2 pro telegram channel and will be developing gcam for our mobile. He asked for our help to provide logs
    Good evening.

I've just recently bought the Realme X2 Pro 128GB, and tried several GCams.

I've found a very stable one that has some flaws, but is the best so far for me.

Some limitations:
    - doesn't shoot in 4K
    - doesn't shoot in 60 fps, only 30
    - doesn't do slow motion

Upsides:
    - very stable and snappy, everything else seems to work just fine.
    - allows saving portraits directly to "DCIM/Camera" instead of creating one subfolder per portrait.

GCam: PMGC_7.0.009_HDR_Version_V13.apk.
    They do provide a config file for our phone: realme-x2-pro.xml.
    I've tweaked it to my liking, here: leo-realme-x2-pro.xml.

NOTE: This one has a particularity: you have to save the config to "/GoogleCamera/ConfigsCamera".

Sharing this to contribute to this forum, that already helped my a lot ;)

Enjoy!
    I'm currently using PixelCam Plus v2, and honestly it's the best one so far for my usage case. I've attached my settings for anyone interested. If you found better settings please share.
    Dude what?? So no face retouching makes the phone useless? Most people (myself included) just get rid of that s*it on any phone in any camera app immediately.
    PLEASE READ EVERYTHING.

Arcide-PZD8.2-v8-Google.xml

This second config is more interesting and is what I'm using primarily. I recommend this one.

Place the XML here: /Internal storage/ConfigsSettings8.2/
    You load the config by double-tapping the black bar around the shutter button in the camera viewfinder.

- Google lib, better dynamic range
    - Reworked a lot of settings
    - used small sharpness levels section in the lib patcher, preferring smaller radius of sharpening in good lighting for clearer and crisper natural photos.
    - optimized noise reduction settings
    - lowered saturation of reds
    - enabled Sabre merging (Sabre 4)
    - portrait mode works fine with Google lib

Use the Zeta2ex1 xml ONLY with the APK with Zeta2ex1 lib, and Google xml ONLY with the APK with Google lib. They have different package names so you can install them both and compare them directly.

Sabre pros:
    - Removes the grid texture in all photos
    - removes artifacts from bright lights in dynamic lighting
    - removes artifacts from motion in moving objects (cars, people walking)
    - preserves small details (like small text in the distance) better
    - less noise overall, in my experience

Sabre cons:
    - it may have some random blur on textures
    - worse details in very dark conditions (also a result from that blur)

If you wish you can disable Sabre, but I've concluded it improves photos in almost all situations.

I've uploaded photo comparisons between the BSG private version (the config for it can be found a few posts above), PZD with the zeta2ex1 lib (attached in the post above), PZD with the Google lib (attached in this post), and the stock cam. Also uploaded comparison of the differences between Sabre ON and OFF.