[GCam mods] [6, 7] [A70] || Config Files || Night Sight || October 8, 2019

Search This thread

HugoXnaider

Aug 8, 2013

Thanks!

Tried the version you posted above (first time using Gcam), and noticed some points:

1) Panoramic, 60FPS video and slow-motion mode actually doesnt work
2) Is there anyway to fix GCam folder? Because when I take a panoramic image, it create a folder on my main storage (not inside DCIM->Camera).
3) Why it create a new folder when I take a portrait?
4) Is there a more "stable'' version? (with Astrophotography if possible)

TY!

HugoXnaider

Aug 8, 2013
No problem here just tried all options everything works fine.

Really? Are you using the config 1 or 2 from the XMLs you posted?

When I try to use the panoramic, the image get blurred on the top and bottom (and the position indicator act really weird, just like the sensors are not working properly).

The slow-motion record is broken too, after 3 seconds of record, an error message appear (something like: An error happened, the video may be broken).

And what about the folders? Are you creating a sub folder inside "DCIM-> Camera" when you take a portrait? Or creating the sub-folders "cardboard" and "panorama" inside the internal storage when you take a panoramic or cardboard (VR) image?

camalger

Sep 1, 2015
Thanks!

Tried the version you posted above (first time using Gcam), and noticed some points:

2) Is there anyway to fix GCam folder? Because when I take a panoramic image, it create a folder on my main storage (not inside DCIM->Camera).

TY!

I've installed tens of gcam versions and tried everything possible in the settings of each, nothing works so just use stock cam for 60fps recording and forget about astro astrophotography, unless you have a pixel device you're not getting this feature :(

ArneSamsung

Feb 5, 2020
Hi Guys! For my A70 the best version is the linked on this site (Update 4). I tried the link posted on this page but on my A705FN the 7.3 is really noisy vs the 7.0 linked on the first page (im speaking of Night Sight). In 7.3 you have the option to enable Astro directly, its says its on but it wont work. On the 7.0 you can change something in dev settings, not working either. But the Night Sight is still better on 7.0 than on Stock Night Mode, even without Astro :)

Reactions: wastedagen

oh sht

Dec 23, 2019
Hi Guys! For my A70 the best version is the linked on this site (Update 4). I tried the link posted on this page but on my A705FN the 7.3 is really noisy vs the 7.0 linked on the first page (im speaking of Night Sight). In 7.3 you have the option to enable Astro directly, its says its on but it wont work. On the 7.0 you can change something in dev settings, not working either. But the Night Sight is still better on 7.0 than on Stock Night Mode, even without Astro :)
Can you link it?
Thanks

sierraduaciwa

Sep 25, 2020
On portrait mode creating new folders

Thanks!

TY!

I tried looking for a fix for the portrait mode creating new folders and it looks like that is actually a "feature" of the app regardless of version. It is even present on the Pixel phones, much to the annoyance of Pixel owners :p

Good news is they're apparently going to remove this "feature" in the next GCam update (7.5). Hopefully we get a new mod when it comes out :D

Nick312

Oct 1, 2013
IMG_20201203_181320.jpg20201203_181132.jpg
Difference between gcam and samsung night mode ,I think this camera can get give us better pictures for sure with some editing, hope a gcam version full working comes or at least someone makes an edit app camera app for our phone

Reactions: witampanstwa_

witampanstwa_

May 14, 2016
the problem is that the camera api on this phone shows only 8mp back, 5.2mp front - it happens in all camera apps, except the native one
I think there is no solution for this, for now
The API shows these 32 MP as 4 pixels combined, that's where the 8 MP comes from. Apparently Samsung decided to merge the matrices at the hardware level already

Jacko681

Jan 17, 2021
The video recording doesn't work on my a70. I've tried a few different apk's but no luck

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts