[ROM][OFFICIAL] FlokoROM v3.0 [10][guacamoleb][OnePlus 7]

Search This thread

tumayouzi

Aug 11, 2010
Saitama
flokowall_v3.png

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Features

Floko-specific features:
  • OmniSwitch included
  • Switch "Recents" style (now you can choose QuickStep or OmniSwitch as default recents!)
  • Remove Music Player (install what you like)
  • Remove "non-free" Font Packages
  • Disable ADB when gaming mode (optional)

crDroid and LineageOS features:
  • Network traffic monitor
  • Switch 4G/LTE icon
  • Battery bar
  • Statusbar Quick/Smart pulldown
  • QS columns
  • Notification Ticker
  • Smart Charging
  • Rounded corners
  • Style(Theming)
  • Volume panel customization

Known Issues

• If you encountered other issues, please tell me

How to Install

1. MAKE A BACKUP OF ALL YOUR DATA.
  2. Reboot to fastboot
  3. Boot to TWRP.img (fastboot boot twrp.img) and then sideload twrp.zip (adb sideload twrp.zip)
  4. (First time) Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik
  5. Flash FlokoROM zip then reboot to TWRP
  6. Reboot to TWRP
  7. Flash GApps, Magisk(optional), dm-verity Disabler(optional)...
  8. Reboot to System
  9. Enjoy.

Thanks

love. respect. and love.

• crDroid
  • LineageOS
  • OmniROM
  • Hikari no Tenshi
  • 1indwurm

Team

Downloads

Reporting Bugs

• DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Source Codes

XDA:DevDB Information
FlokoROM, ROM for the OnePlus 7

Contributors
tumayouzi, 1indwurm
Source Code: https://github.com/FlokoROM

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: LineageOS, crDroid

Version Information

Created 2020-05-03
Last Updated 2020-08-14

Last edited:

tumayouzi

Aug 11, 2010
Saitama
additional information

FAQ

Why don't you attach OOSCam?
FlokoROM tries to include as much open license code as possible.
Other ROMs attach OOSCam, but the source code for OOSCam has not been made public. Therefore, it is not attached with FlokoROM.

Why isn't there a face unlock?
FlokoROM pickd the face unlock used for crDroid once, but it was reverted due to a problem with the license.
The face unlock on crdroid and Pixel Experience have a licensing issue.
You can read more about it here.
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82315425&postcount=15

Which are the recommended GApps?
I recommend openGApps.
https://opengapps.org/

Changelog

You can read full changelog (Git changes) in FlokoROM. Open Settings -> Floko Settings -> about FlokoROM -> current changelog .

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
Floko-v3.0-guacamoleb-20200814_082843-OFFICIAL.zip
* update kernel 4.14.191
* August,2020 security patch levels
 * Track to FlokoROM update
* Enable OTA!!

Floko-v3.0-guacamoleb-20200609_114404-OFFICIAL - June,2020 security patch update
 * update kernel 4.4.183
 * June,2020 security patch levels

Floko-v3.0-guacamoleb-20200525_115115-OFFICIAL - kernel update
 * kernel 4.14.181
 * track to FlokoROM update

Floko-v3.0-guacamoleb-20200511_111526-OFFICIAL - May,2020 security patch update
 * kernel 4.4.180
 * May,2020 security patch levels

Floko-v3.0-guacamoleb-20200506_194633-OFFICIAL - kernel update
 * kernel 4.14.179

Floko-v3.0-guacamoleb-20200504_151247-OFFICIAL - first offical build.
 * kernel 4.14.178

Floko-v3.0-guacamoleb-20200503_085844-UNOFFICIAL - First release.
[/SIZE]

Last edited:

tumayouzi

Aug 11, 2010
Saitama
@tumayouzi
But Google's Face Unlock works, after flashing proper GApps?

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

[/COLOR @tumayouzi
But Google's Face Unlock works, after flashing proper GApps?

Sorry, if you flashing GApps, but FU is do not work.
FU can be used for some custom ROMs, but that FU has a licensing problem.
FlokoROM also enabled FU once, but it was reverted due to a serious licensing problem.
See the FAQ in this post.
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82466235&postcount=2

tumayouzi

Aug 11, 2010
Saitama
Hello, how we can update the ROM pls, is there OTA ?
Thx.

I'm sorry. There are currently no plans to implement OTA individually.
The developer of FlokoROM (lindwurm) has indicated that he would like to implement OTA, but it is still a work in progress. Please be patient.

You can receive ROM updates from the pushbullet instead of OTA being unavailable. Please use it if you like.
https://www.pushbullet.com/channel?tag=flokorom_oneplus7_release

Since twrp is included in the ROM, you can update the ROM only with your phone.

Eafnfk

Feb 1, 2020
Paris
Thx

I'm sorry. There are currently no plans to implement OTA individually.
The developer of FlokoROM (lindwurm) has indicated that he would like to implement OTA, but it is still a work in progress. Please be patient.

You can receive ROM updates from the pushbullet instead of OTA being unavailable. Please use it if you like.
https://www.pushbullet.com/channel?tag=flokorom_oneplus7_release

Since twrp is included in the ROM, you can update the ROM only with your phone.

Hello.
Thanks for that!
Sounds great :good:
Good Work :D

Reactions: tumayouzi

tumayouzi

Aug 11, 2010
Saitama
Can you check wifi 5ghz connection ? Most of the roms struggle to connect when distance is greater than 10 meters

I just checked and sure enough, the signal-to-noise ratio was extremely low when the 5GHz WiFi was just a little farther away.
I didn't notice it because it was emitting radio waves with the same AP name as 2.4GHz.

I'm just making a personal guess, but I think OnePlus uses a software correction value for the values reported by hardware. Or need to set parameters for the SoC. The other thing is that the original code's formula for calculating radio strength may be wrong.
But I still don't know the real cause.

vatsal_chandan

Jul 9, 2017
I just checked and sure enough, the signal-to-noise ratio was extremely low when the 5GHz WiFi was just a little farther away.
I didn't notice it because it was emitting radio waves with the same AP name as 2.4GHz.

I'm just making a personal guess, but I think OnePlus uses a software correction value for the values reported by hardware. Or need to set parameters for the SoC. The other thing is that the original code's formula for calculating radio strength may be wrong.
But I still don't know the real cause.

Thank you for your answer sir, yes most of all oem does software correction for signal values but problem I faced with custom roms that they can't connect to my other mobile's 5ghz hotspot from even 10 meters where in oos it works fine even there and in Cr droid xda thread dev has written even in bug that it doesn't work properly after 5 meters

tumayouzi

Aug 11, 2010
Saitama
Thank you for your answer sir, yes most of all oem does software correction for signal values but problem I faced with custom roms that they can't connect to my other mobile's 5ghz hotspot from even 10 meters where in oos it works fine even there and in Cr droid xda thread dev has written even in bug that it doesn't work properly after 5 meters

I checked with the app to check the radio wave strength and felt that a 5 meter connection was the limit. and when operating 2.4GHz and 5GHz with the same SSID, it automatically switched to 2.4GHz at a distance of about 2 meters.
In my house i use Yamaha WLX202.
(Yamaha is famous music equipment manufacturer.)

If this is a problem specific to Oneplus7 and it doesn't occur with Pro or T, I think we can narrow down the problem to some extent. Have you ever heard of the same problem in a Pro or T?

vatsal_chandan

Jul 9, 2017
If this is a problem specific to Oneplus7 and it doesn't occur with Pro or T, I think we can narrow down the problem to some extent. Have you ever heard of the same problem in a Pro or T?

I searched in 7t and 7pro threads and found out they have problem too, but in some roms like in 7pro Crdroid many said that it is fixed in 22 feb build but some people still have issues and 7 pro have discussion https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/discussion-wifi-drop-issue-custom-roms-t4091625

So I think it is present in 7t and 7pro too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    flokowall_v3.png

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Features

Floko-specific features:
    • OmniSwitch included
    • Switch "Recents" style (now you can choose QuickStep or OmniSwitch as default recents!)
    • Remove Music Player (install what you like)
    • Remove "non-free" Font Packages
    • Disable ADB when gaming mode (optional)

crDroid and LineageOS features:
    • Network traffic monitor
    • Switch 4G/LTE icon
    • Battery bar
    • Statusbar Quick/Smart pulldown
    • QS columns
    • Notification Ticker
    • Smart Charging
    • Rounded corners
    • Style(Theming)
    • Volume panel customization

Known Issues

• If you encountered other issues, please tell me

How to Install

1. MAKE A BACKUP OF ALL YOUR DATA.
    2. Reboot to fastboot
    3. Boot to TWRP.img (fastboot boot twrp.img) and then sideload twrp.zip (adb sideload twrp.zip)
    4. (First time) Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik
    5. Flash FlokoROM zip then reboot to TWRP
    6. Reboot to TWRP
    7. Flash GApps, Magisk(optional), dm-verity Disabler(optional)...
    8. Reboot to System
    9. Enjoy.

Thanks

love. respect. and love.

• crDroid
    • LineageOS
    • OmniROM
    • Hikari no Tenshi
    • 1indwurm

Team

Downloads

Reporting Bugs

• DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Source Codes

XDA:DevDB Information
    FlokoROM, ROM for the OnePlus 7

Contributors
    tumayouzi, 1indwurm
    Source Code: https://github.com/FlokoROM

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS, crDroid

Version Information

Created 2020-05-03
    Last Updated 2020-08-14
    good news

Moved on to OFFICAL build!
    enjoy ;)
    additional information

FAQ

Why don't you attach OOSCam?
    FlokoROM tries to include as much open license code as possible.
    Other ROMs attach OOSCam, but the source code for OOSCam has not been made public. Therefore, it is not attached with FlokoROM.

Why isn't there a face unlock?
    FlokoROM pickd the face unlock used for crDroid once, but it was reverted due to a problem with the license.
    The face unlock on crdroid and Pixel Experience have a licensing issue.
    You can read more about it here.
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82315425&postcount=15

Which are the recommended GApps?
    I recommend openGApps.
    https://opengapps.org/

Changelog

You can read full changelog (Git changes) in FlokoROM. Open Settings -> Floko Settings -> about FlokoROM -> current changelog .

Code:
    [SIZE="3"]
    Floko-v3.0-guacamoleb-20200814_082843-OFFICIAL.zip
    * update kernel 4.14.191
    * August,2020 security patch levels
    * Enable OTA!!

Floko-v3.0-guacamoleb-20200609_114404-OFFICIAL - June,2020 security patch update
     * update kernel 4.4.183
     * June,2020 security patch levels

Floko-v3.0-guacamoleb-20200525_115115-OFFICIAL - kernel update
     * kernel 4.14.181

Floko-v3.0-guacamoleb-20200511_111526-OFFICIAL - May,2020 security patch update
     * kernel 4.4.180
     * May,2020 security patch levels

Floko-v3.0-guacamoleb-20200506_194633-OFFICIAL - kernel update
     * kernel 4.14.179

Floko-v3.0-guacamoleb-20200504_151247-OFFICIAL - first offical build.
     * kernel 4.14.178

Floko-v3.0-guacamoleb-20200503_085844-UNOFFICIAL - First release.
    [/SIZE]
    Sorry for the delay in updating!
    Due to work and COVID19, I was unable to return home for a month.

Official Floko OTAs are now enable!
    Download the latest zip from the SourceForge link and enable OTA after Flash.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/flokorom/files/v3/guacamoleb/
    I searched in 7t and 7pro threads and found out they have problem too, but in some roms like in 7pro Crdroid many said that it is fixed in 22 feb build but some people still have issues and 7 pro have discussion https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/discussion-wifi-drop-issue-custom-roms-t4091625

So I think it is present in 7t and 7pro too

Thank you for taking the trouble to do the research. It turns out that devices using almost the same source code have the same problem.
    In other words, it looks like the problem is as deep in the kernel as it can get.
    And if I can't solve it for them, who write awesome code that I can't even get a foot under on these phone, it's going to take a lot of time to solve it.

The oneplus source code is horrible in the way it syncs to github, and we don't know what they intended to change, so more time is needed to investigate.
    and I'm sorry, but I can only ask you to wait until the cause is clear and resolved.