[ROM][N960F][LineageOS 17.1][24-11-20][synt4x93]

Search This thread

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
ok, not everybody is on telegram
so if further updates are not available here, this fork of LOS isn't usable for me!
and going back to stock rom...

btw.
my opinion about that:
both versions of LOS seems to be loveless maintained at the moment! Links are not updated, questions are not answered, informations are not given. The quality of XDA seems to be not the same as a few years ago.?
( see point 3 of my signature )

Last edited:
Reactions: Gandicela

Synt4x.93

Nov 15, 2016
ok, not everybody is on telegram
so if further updates are not available here, this fork of LOS isn't usable for me!
and going back to stock rom...

btw.
my opinion about that:
both versions of LOS seems to be loveless maintained at the moment! Links are not updated, questions are not answered, informations are not given. The quality of XDA seems to be not the same as a few years ago.?
( see point 3 of my signature )

No problem man, hope the stock rom is better for you :)

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
ok, ok, i have tried to change from the official version of LOS to yours and it has failed! (maybe wrong vendor partition) Than i have installed the last stock followed from your older version. But sorry than i have not found the new update files So as i have seen, i got now updates for OFFICIAL LOS and for yours too.
Now i have lost my motivation!! My phone is on stock rom and i am sure, this is the best solution in my case.

Thx for your suggestions..

Last edited:
Reactions: Gandicela

Ecthelion3

Jun 17, 2014
Are there any plans to join the two LOS 17.1 versions currently available for the Exynos variant? There is an official LOS version and this one. May I ask where the differences are? And if there are significant advantages of this version, wouldn't it be a good idea to merge them into the official version? I mean, why maintain an extra version?

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
as you can read in post #94 of this thread, Synt4x.93 wrote:
- These builds are based on the official lineage device trees and kernel, but with more flexibility and my preferred configuration.
so this is a more individual created second version of the official LinageOS.
as i think, until now this version has a better support, as the official one.

"nearly the same wine, only in different bottles."?

Last edited:

DeCo59

Mar 3, 2013
Hello, first of all thank you for the work

Im using your build and LOS since the 16 on my s9+, I'm currently run on white wolf kernel

I have issue with call when I'm with my bt earphone ( Sony Xm3) I don't ear the people and they don't ear me.

I already had this problem, I was be solved but it appears again, I'm not sure when because I didn't realize directly, but I guess it appear a few release ago

Im running the last 20/05 build, I will try the last one, but I'm the only with this problem?

EDIT : I updated to the last build 23/05 without white wolf kernel, it's seems to be better, I've test call and all seems to be good, something change with thil build? Or maybe it's a problem with white wolf kernel?

Last edited:
Reactions: Synt4x.93

Ghand0ur

Sep 22, 2013
Alexandria
Just installed LOS on my device. So far it's working quite well. The screen DPI seems to be a bit weird, but that's fine. Is there a way to enable fingerprint sensor swipe down for notifications?

n1Bb135

Mar 25, 2018
Great ROM, really appreciate your work. Is it possible to add an option to increase touch screen sensitivity? Phone sometimes does not respond to my touch due to a glass screen protector...

NitsuguaIvo

Mar 1, 2017
I'm on robs/official version now on N9, but have been having some problems and want to do a fresh install of the latest unofficial version. Will I be okay formating/factory reset in twrp and installing vendor, rom, gapps, magisk. Should this result in a clean lineage installation without issues or should I install stock with odin and do process from there.

sam_2710

Nov 28, 2020
Samsung notes/secure folder

Thanks for the ROM! I see you mentioned it supports S pen - does this mean Samsung Notes works too?

Does this ROM allow us to retain the secure folder despite tripping Knox?

REQUIREMENTS:
  • ONEUI2 (10) OR NEWER FIRMWARE

INSTRUCTIONS:
  • TWRP
  • WIPE SYSTEM/DATA/CACHE
  • FLASH + (GAPPS/MAGISK)
  • REBOOT

WORKING:
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Mobile Network
  • GPS
  • NFC Extended Length
  • Audio
  • Camera
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • S-Pen
  • HDMI
  • Ethernet
  • MTP/ADB
  • Call Recording
  • Encryption
  • SELinux Enforcing
  • OTA Updates
  • Android Auto
  • Glove Mode

BROKEN:
  • Iris Scanner

NOTES:
  • Check my GitHub, I'm lazy.

DOWNLOADS:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Version Information
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.218
ROM Firmware Required: ONEUI2

Contributors
synt4x.93

Source Code: https://github.com/synt4x93/

Created: 26-02-2020
Last Updated: 24-11-2020

sam_2710

Nov 28, 2020
Thanks. Would a Samsung ROM from Sammobile work or are there modded ones on the forum with Samsung notes and secure folder (I've read somewhere that some ROMS allow secure folder despite knox tripping)?

It means that the S-pen itself can be used; Samsung Notes cannot be used on AOSP-based ROM's, as it requires a Samsung ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

REQUIREMENTS:
    • ONEUI2 (10) OR NEWER FIRMWARE

INSTRUCTIONS:
    • TWRP
    • WIPE SYSTEM/DATA/CACHE
    • FLASH + (GAPPS/MAGISK)
    • REBOOT

WORKING:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network
    • GPS
    • NFC Extended Length
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • S-Pen
    • HDMI
    • Ethernet
    • MTP/ADB
    • Call Recording
    • Encryption
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • OTA Updates
    • Android Auto
    • Glove Mode

BROKEN:
    • Iris Scanner

NOTES:
    • Check my GitHub, I'm lazy.

DOWNLOADS:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Version Information
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.218
    ROM Firmware Required: ONEUI2

Contributors
    synt4x.93

Source Code: https://github.com/synt4x93/

Created: 26-02-2020
    Last Updated: 24-11-2020
    New build is up with april security patch, and kernel built with clang instead of gcc.
    Android Auto should be fixed, has been confirmed by a few s9/n9 users now.
    first one :) star man

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using XDA Labs
    Can you please reupload on Google drive or afh? Mega not working for me.
    Tomorrow i will do

Ok, I found several bugs:
    1.) it isn't possible to hide navbar and notification bar. If xou select this option, the app lineageos setup crashed. Extended desktop doesn't work.
    2.) It isn't possible to set a mailbox number in "telefon" phone app
    3.) It isn't possible to switch to speaker in phone app

Btw. Is it possible to get dark theming for telefon, messager, contacts app? Maybe a other theming engine like substratum or hexinstaller?
    1 - seems to be an issue with lineage at the moment as far as we can tell. (aswell as a few other bugs in their trees at the moment)
    2+3 - works fine for me and all the other n9/s9/s9+ users of this rom on telegram, mailbox set the correct number by default for me and i can edit it aswell just tried, loudspeaker/bluetooth speaker is working fine for calling.
    Feel free to share logcat if possible, would be interesting to see what has broken it on your setup and not for anyone else, thanks :)

edit -
    just saw you edited your post and removed 2+3, glad you got it sorted.
    Seems pretty sweet but Android Auto is kind of important. You think a fix is possible?
    Yeah it will be done, haven't looked into it atm.

Why is it not mentioned in the instructions that Flashable_G96XF_Firmware_TWRP_DTAD_r2.zip is needed to be able to boot? Without it, a boot loop occurs.

Also, "Hey Google" isn't working properly. It turns itself off after enabling it. I used Open GApps nano. Someone got it working?

If you read, you can see I clearly tell you that Q BL is required. A lot of people are unable to read in 2020 it seems.
    Hey Google is working fine :) feel free to jump on to telegram if you are having issues.