What firmware version on your Mate 10/Mate 10 Pro?

Search This thread

Haroun

Feb 7, 2018
I forgot the last time I received an update for my ALP-L29 C185, still on 9.1.0.320

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Hi guys,

I didn't receive EMUI 10 yet, but I receive notification about small update. What's this update ? I received second time some this small update. I don't understand what it is ?
See the changelog from the updater to know what the update is about.

Fazee99

Dec 4, 2018
I forgot the last time I received an update for my ALP-L29 C185, still on 9.1.0.320

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

See the changelog from the updater to know what the update is about.

Same here. ALp-L29 c185 with october securoty patch. Means its been 8 months without an update. Keep posting if you receive update.

Reactions: Haroun

zayidhs

Jun 8, 2015
Serdang
Got OTA update yesterday

BLA-L29
C636

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200604_103424_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604_103424_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 520

antmatr

Sep 5, 2014
Hi guys,

I didn't receive EMUI 10 yet, but I receive notification about small update. What's this update ? I received second time some this small update. I don't understand what it is ?
I received the same notification yesterday. There isn't change-log. So I decided to don't install it. Someone knows something about it? Thanks.

Fazee99

Dec 4, 2018
So finally I got the update today right after the moment I put my SIM card in the cellphone. Actually i was in a doubt about I was using my phone without SIM card thats why not getting update. ( usually my region is early adopter of the updates from huawei) also i am connected with Argentina VPN.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200607_042004_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20200607_042004_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 438

krGemini

So finally I got the update today right after the moment I put my SIM card in the cellphone. Actually i was in a doubt about I was using my phone without SIM card thats why not getting update. ( usually my region is early adopter of the updates from huawei) also i am connected with Argentina VPN.
Which region, I have tried all locations and vpn but still no update on C185

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Fazee99

Dec 4, 2018
I tried to change the singapore and restarted the device but no update. Now i am waiting for 24 hrs to be passed to try luck again. You are lucky to get update.
Honestly i was trying with changing locations in support app + VPN in all the countries where users are receiving updated but not lucky enough.

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

I tried to change the singapore and restarted the device but no update. Now i am waiting for 24 hrs to be passed to try luck again. You are lucky to get update.
Honestly i was trying with changing locations in support app + VPN in all the countries where users are receiving updated but not lucky enough.

Which region, I have tried all locations and vpn but still no update on C185

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Saudi Arabia . No need to change location in Support app. I keep actual location in Support app and used Argentina VPN location. And received..

nomone

Apr 7, 2020
Amazon Fire TV
Huawei Mate 10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've already described this Firmware Finder DNS workaround on the German "android-hilfe" forum, maybe it is of use to some folks here as well:

- Uninstall HiSuite on your computer and delete the HiSuite app on your phone (under "apps"), restart both devices
    - Install this, and only this version on you computer: HiSuite 5.0.2.300
    - Download Firmware Finder on your phone an check for updates that are approved (only these will work). For some reason I only got the smaller OTAs to work and not the full versions but that shouldn't be a problem since a normal OTA has the same file size. For BLA-L29C432 this is at the moment 148 (156372) from July 25th, around 550MB. Go to "get an update through DNS" and select "manually" - make sure you are connected to the same network as your computer, write down the DNS and tap "register update"
    - On your computer: Go to your network connections and put that DNS as your primary IPv4 DNS, you possibly have to deactivate IPv6 too (e.g. in windows go to Control Panel / Network and Internet / Network Connections - Properties of that primary Connection you use / remove check at IPv6 / Properties of IPv4 and then change from Auto DNS to the one from Firmware Finder
    - Connect the phone to your computer and start HiSuite. Put the connection type of the phone to "data" and not to "charging only". Activate USB debugging mode in developer options and wait for the HiSuite app to automatically install on your phone. Be careful not to accept the update request of the HiSuite app on your computer. The app wants to upgrade itself to a newer version. This has nothing to do with the update of the phone. If you accidentally accept the update you have to start over the whole process
    - Once the connection is established click on "update" inside the HiSuite app on your computer and now the update should start downloading. Ignore the version HiSuite gives you for the update - it's usually faulty. The only thing (and very important!) that matters is what Firmware Finder says once you check for approval ("approved for XXX"). Wait for the update to complete and your phone to restart and then unplug the phone. Don't forget to put all the DNS settings on your network connection back to "auto" and default again
    - This process can be repeated for every approved OTA. Only updates, no downgrades work! Tested so far on BLA-L29C432: Upgrade from 142-145 and 145 to 148 and working properly.

Addendum by @amigoloco

"It is working, but I needed to do one more thing: The windows app weren't able to connect to the phone, so I installed the corresponding app on the phone by myself here is the link https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/huawei...-apk-download/ and the magic was done ( first .145, then .148) ."
    Hello Mate 10/10 Pro users.
    Could you able to post which OFFICIAL firmware version on yr mobile.
    This help to keep track on official Huawei OTA is rolling out worldwide.

Mine is BLA-L29 9.0.0.200 (C636)

Thank you.

************ Firmware version ************
    Firmware finder site for your reference:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FunkyHuawei/
    http://pro-teammt.ru/firmware-database/?firmware_model=BLA-L29&firmware_page=0
    This is a thread to discuss firmware releases, ways to update and anticipate possible changes across releases.. It is too liberally being used as a complaints thread. PM each other to have these disputes, write Huawei or start a new group. Stop posting your off topic complaints here..
    I could ask you the same thing: do you really need that update so badly? Cant you really live a few more weeks without it? How did you lived without face unlock so many months since you bought the phone without this feature? Instead of enjoying the phone's increadibly good camera, the good sound with a good pair of headphone and everything this phone has, you guys are worried about updates.

I can live without it. I'm more pissed at Android 8.1 not being released. But for a flagship phone Huawei should adhere to a higher standard of delivering updates.

When you have Huawei phones that cost much less and receive features and updates much earlier than their top phone, of course people will be upset.
    Just received EMUI 9.1 via normal OTA in Germany BLA-L29 (former C432 but Cust have been removed so doesnt matter anymore.)

First impression:
    • kind of stuttery but after cleaning cache and rebooting couple of times it becomes very smooth.
    • finally 3rd party notifications on aod
    • battery also very good just like before
    • gesture multitasking is much smoother
    • icons are rounded square and i could not get them to be round again yet. old icon pack doesnt work properly

All in all solid update, a lot of small refined things. slight redesign consistently throughout UI, everything a little more refined. I think I can live with that until Android Q comes along in autumn