[ROM] [05 JUL 2020] LineageOS-14.1

Search This thread

cl-i

Dec 1, 2018
Essen
More Wifi : To reproduce the automatic reconnect failure, you simpy have to restart your WIFI router (even if your tablet is in airplane mode at this stage). The "new" wifi will not be reconnected.
Even after doing it manually once, the automatic is lost until you restart the tablet.
Because I'm powering down my router at night, im very familiar with this bug.
Unfortunately going to Airplane mode and back is often used while playing real racing 3.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
WiFi issues are intermittent for the HDX I'm currently using. For the past several weeks device has reliably reconnected coming out of airplane mode regardless of AP. Spontaneous disconnects in mixed 2.4/5 GHz environments also seem less frequent. BT pairing is shot with exception to a few input devices which I use to keep the device busy. I have certainly experienced the other WiFi issues at various times. FWIW - typically reboot every 3-4 days; router stays up 7x24.

brainwash123

Jun 27, 2012
I currently have AospExtended (7.1.2 since ~2018). The issues I'm having: the tablet is randomly slow to react, wifi reconnection (for example due to "turn off wifi during sleep") works 20% of the time, GMS randomly causes battery drain until the tablet is restarted.
Does it make sense to switch to this ROM? Are there any alternatives? I will try it out anyway, but not expecting any miracles.

void555

Jun 8, 2019
Reutov
More Wifi : To reproduce the automatic reconnect failure, you simpy have to restart your WIFI router (even if your tablet is in airplane mode at this stage). The "new" wifi will not be reconnected.
Even after doing it manually once, the automatic is lost until you restart the tablet.
Because I'm powering down my router at night, im very familiar with this bug.
Unfortunately going to Airplane mode and back is often used while playing real racing 3.
Are you sure this still happens with 20200528? This build includes my fix for broken Wi-Fi auto reconnects. It still sometimes disconnects (once in several hours in my environment) but reconnects automatically.

Reactions: Soulreaver1993

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I currently have AospExtended (7.1.2 since ~2018). The issues I'm having: the tablet is randomly slow to react, wifi reconnection (for example due to "turn off wifi during sleep") works 20% of the time, GMS randomly causes battery drain until the tablet is restarted.
Does it make sense to switch to this ROM? Are there any alternatives? I will try it out anyway, but not expecting any miracles.
While I enjoyed my time with AEX (10 months) there were several annoying behaviors that pushed me back to LOS. WiFi disconnect/reconnect was not one of them. That said, LOS is the only HDX ROM that receives regular maintenance. It makes sense to switch IMO if you are currently dissatisfied with AEX.

brainwash123

Jun 27, 2012
While I enjoyed my time with AEX (10 months) there were several annoying behaviors that pushed me back to LOS. WiFi disconnect/reconnect was not one of them. That said, LOS is the only HDX ROM that receives regular maintenance. It makes sense to switch IMO if you are currently dissatisfied with AEX.

I've switched to LOS last night, it's smoother than AEX and reconnects faster. Previously, I had to manually go into the settings and disable/enable the WiFi, it was not reconnecting by just pressing the icon in the status bar. It reconnects pretty quickly once out of standby (a few seconds) but I'm having an issue I did not have before: random disconnects. I guess it's fine for now, as I don't use it for online games. I'm on the latest build (20 May).

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I've switched to LOS last night, it's smoother than AEX and reconnects faster. Previously, I had to manually go into the settings and disable/enable the WiFi, it was not reconnecting by just pressing the icon in the status bar. It reconnects pretty quickly once out of standby (a few seconds) but I'm having an issue I did not have before: random disconnects. I guess it's fine for now, as I don't use it for online games. I'm on the latest build (20 May).
Random disconnects on HDX LOS occur most frequently in mixed signal environments where 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz signals eminate from the same AP. Try disabling one or the other to see if it improves your situation

cl-i

Dec 1, 2018
Essen
Are you sure this still happens with 20200528? This build includes my fix for broken Wi-Fi auto reconnects. It still sometimes disconnects (once in several hours in my environment) but reconnects automatically.

WIFI Reconnect fails 100% after router-reboot and 10 times a day for me.
Environment: Channel 11 on 2,4 Ghz, 5 GHZ disabled. Asus RT-AC 86U with Merlin Firmware.

For me totally easy to reproduce!

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Bad news, my Thor LTE is dead :crying:
I don't think there will ever be a better 7" tablet
Dammit!

Looking for another one on ebay...

Last edited:
Reactions: threshfire

brainwash123

Jun 27, 2012
Random disconnects on HDX LOS occur most frequently in mixed signal environments where 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz signals eminate from the same AP. Try disabling one or the other to see if it improves your situation

I have a router with 2 bands, but they have different names. After some days, I haven't seen the reconnection issue again, but I mostly use the tablet offline.
So far I get great battery life, probably better than before and I have no complaints about the ROM.

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Guys, thanks for the support. As soon as I get another i'll let you know. My thor device took a hammering. The flash device gave out. I'll try and get another also to fix this one, just need to find one with a working motherboard.

Dragon Kumera

Mar 14, 2019
Guys, thanks for the support. As soon as I get another i'll let you know. My thor device took a hammering. The flash device gave out. I'll try and get another also to fix this one, just need to find one with a working motherboard.

If you need a new one I found 3 on ebay really good prices.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kindle-HDX...ndled-32GB-64GB/153912362668?var=453976043517

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazon-Kindle-Fire-HDX-8-9-64GB-3rd-generation-with-Speck-case/174325022437

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazon-Kin...175859&hash=item263108a21f:g:C9MAAOSwO0VeHfvC

Last edited:
Reactions: ggow

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Last edited:

cl-i

Dec 1, 2018
Essen
I wish I could revive my dead tablet but the mb prob dead.

check out ebay for a used one. Or one with a broken display, and combine it with your dead one.

The 8.9 Apollo is even better if you need a tablet for Browsing, but be aware that there is also a non compatible version (4th generation).
They can't be unlocked and so there is no fun.

Dragon Kumera

Mar 14, 2019
check out ebay for a used one. Or one with a broken display, and combine it with your dead one.

The 8.9 Apollo is even better if you need a tablet for Browsing, but be aware that there is also a non compatible version (4th generation).
They can't be unlocked and so there is no fun.

I got 4th gen hdx 8.9 :). I had to get it since my 3rd died but really wish it did not die. I am loving my 4th gen but really wish I could hack it.

I got my 4th gen from ebay from uk somehow even though im in usa and it was brand new. Usa ones were $1000 at the time vs what i got it for $400 or $300 idr

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Code:
    [COLOR="gray"]
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
     * or you getting fired [B]because the alarm app failed[/B].
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
     * in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */
    [/COLOR]

Rules
    - Please search the thread before asking questions
    - Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible

Reporting Bugs
    - Please report bugs here
    - Report only one issue per bug report
    - When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg containing pertinent information regarding the issue...
    - Explain the issue as clearly as possible
    - Explain the steps required to reproduce the issue if necessary.

Prerequisites for Installation
    - Must have an unlocked bootloader
    - Update TWRP to Android-7.1 builds located here. Please make sure to use the recovery image which is appropriate for your device (Thor or Apollo).

Project Status
    BETA TESTING -- QUALITY IS GETTING BETTER BUT TAKE A LOOK AT THE FUNCTIONALITY GRID IN POST #2

KNOWN ISSUES
    - Thor/Apollo: Some apps may rotate to landscape the wrong way leaving the screen upside down. Many times you can re-rotate the device to fix.
    - Thor/Apollo: Sometimes after an extended period of time Wifi will stop working. Toggling airplaine mode fixes it.
    - Thor/Apollo: Bluetooth pairing issues - bluetooth function is still WIP.

Fresh Installation
    - Backup your existing ROM first
    - Wipe the /data partition (but you can keep the media storage)
    - Flash the ROM File
    - Flash Open Gapps: use an ARM 7.1 version smaller than the "full" size to make sure it fits
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!

LineageOS Developer Builds / Downloads
    LineageOS Builds for Thor
    LineageOS Builds for Apollo

Gapps
    - Open Gapps (use a size smaller than "Full" to make sure it fits)

NOTE: Here's what I do to solve the "Play Games" side load issue... Anytime I update my GApps zip file:
    - I download the "full" and "mini" versions of GApps
    - Extract the "GApps/playgames-arm.tar.lz" file from the "full" file and add it to the "GApps" folder of the "mini" file.
    - Open the installer.sh script in the "mini" file and move the "playgames" line from the full_gapps_list= section into the mini_gapps_list= section
    - I use this modified "mini" .zip when flashing CM-14.1 ROMs so that my Play Games install always works.

Source Code (branch: cm-14.1)
    - Kernel Source
    - Common Device Tree
    - Thor Device Tree
    - Apollo Device Tree

Credits
    - LineageOS Team
    - Cyanogenmod Team
    - CodeAurora
    - ggow
    - Cpasjuste
    - dpeddi

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for Kindle HDX 3rd Gen, ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"

Contributors
    Hashcode, ggow
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-12-16

Created 2016-12-11
    Last Updated 2020-07-05
    New Build is Up

- Dated 15 March 2018
    - Security patches up to March 2018
    - Upstream Lineage Updates
    NOTE: I am working on Lineage-15.1, will let you know when I have made more progress. I have started pushing commits here.
    @ggow @Hashcode
    hey there, are you alright?
    hows going. i hope you both are fine.
    there are any news about oreo or new security updates? :)
    have a nice week.

Hello All,

- For lineage-14.1 - I'm waiting for May 2018 patches before building again.
    - For lineage-15.1, the WiFi bring is proving problematic, number 1 problem is difficult to solve and number 2 new job is taking a lot of bandwidth

I'm still around, promise I won't just disappear without saying ;)
    New Build is Up

- Dated 16 March 2019
    - Security patches up to March 2019
    - Upstream Lineage Updates
    Typically @ggow indicates if support is being curtailed/withdrawn. Don't see that happening anytime soon given the popularity of LineageOS. Frequency is driven by upstream and resource availability. Might be a bit irregular but it will come. :)

Yes, I do not plan to stop HDX development any time soon. I will wait for the March patches to be included then do another build. Things have been slow, I have been promoted at work and so extra bandwidth is been used there and also busy at home.

But remember I'm here still doing what I can in what little time I have :)