[Bounty] SM-N975U1 Note 10+ (USA unlocked version) bootloader unlock and root method

Search This thread

Eudeferrer

Aug 27, 2012
Miami
That's nice. This thread refers to the SM-N975U1.
I get it, but given they both share 99% of everything else and that there are almost no dedicated threads to the 5G version, a lot of people follow rooting progress here. I'm only making a reference to the bootloader because in the 5G version, it was bootloader 1 until June.

Sent from my SM-N976U 5G using XDA-Developers Legacy app

pcriz

I get it, but given they both share 99% of everything else and that there are almost no dedicated threads to the 5G version, a lot of people follow rooting progress here. I'm only making a reference to the bootloader because in the 5G version, it was bootloader 1 until June.
No one here can answer your question. We don't have an exploit. So telling you this bootloader is better or worse than the last for achieving root is a complete shot in the dark.

Do what your heart tells you.

Eudeferrer

Aug 27, 2012
Miami
No one here can answer your question. We don't have an exploit. So telling you this bootloader is better or worse than the last for achieving root is a complete shot in the dark.

Do what your heart tells you.
You are mistaken. I never asked a question. I simply replied to a question someone asked. Before you speak, get your facts together.

Sent from my SM-N976U 5G using XDA-Developers Legacy app

117micc

Hey everyone,

I think I've mentioned this before, but can we all please be respectful and kind to one another. Regardless of who said what, when, to who, let's stay courteous to others and try to stay on topic. I understand this thread had been around for months, without any real relevant updates, but honestly it covers with the territory.

We are all crossing our fingers and hoping for the same thing, arguing, being disrespectful, or condescending to one another is not going to make an exploit for this device happen any faster. Let's all stay professional and proper please. Thank you so much!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

This is Samsung's official response to unlocking n75u's bootloader:
There are two kinds of phones in this world: Those that let you unlock your boot loader, and those that don’t. Whether you’re allowed to unlock your boot loader depends on the carrier of your phone and the model you have, along with the region it was manufactured for. Samsung phones don't carry official ways to get the boot loader unlocked nor there is any documentations for the same. Further, Samsung phones manufactured for US carriers are boot loader locked. If a User goes ahead and tries to get the device rooted or boot loader unlocked would have a bricked device and the internet forum's which share this kind of articles do have the disclaimer mentioned on their respective websites. The decryption keys for the data partition and the Knox container contents are lost when packages not blessed by Samsung are flashed, you will just have a boot looping phone on your hands until you wipe data. The e-fuse makes sure that Knox won't initialize on a tampered device nor the services work on these kind of devices. Samsung values you as a customer and want to insure that we have provided you with the answer you were looking for. If for any reason the information we provided did not resolve your issue, we have various contact channels that are available to assist in resolving your concern. For further clarification you can reach us on The phone support number and Hours of Operation are as bellow 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864) Hours of Operation •9:00am - 11:00pm Eastern, Monday through Friday •9:00am - 9:00pm Eastern, Saturday and Sunday Visit us on

Slypnslyde

Jan 5, 2013
Wilmington, DE
It seems that as time goes on the only way to have a phone that has an unlocked bootloader is to buy non flagship devices. I mean really I for one don't care about the gimmicky features. I only care about being able to put some sort of sound mod on my phone and to boost the performance. I'm not a photographer soooo I don't care about having top notch camera features and such.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: lovemytab

pcriz

It seems that as time goes on the only way to have a phone that has an unlocked bootloader is to buy non flagship devices. I mean really I for one don't care about the gimmicky features. I only care about being able to put some sort of sound mod on my phone and to boost the performance. I'm not a photographer soooo I don't care about having top notch camera features and such.

I mean you could literally buy a pixel.

pcriz

This is Samsung's official response to unlocking n75u's bootloader:

This seems like a response from a well informed tech support person and not an official Samsung message.

That said it doesn't express anything we don't know, doesn't really change the efforts of anyone attempting to find an exploit to circumvent their fail-safes.

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

The only reason I haven't went with the Pixel is because of the screen size

One plus 7t..

wingzero186

Aug 26, 2010
I know a little about it security procedures has anyone attempted any exploits using something like the metasploit framework or other exploit and description tools on kali linux?

With the plethora of tools that are put together in these versions of Linux it seems like there would be some sort of method to get an exploit from one of these established frameworks to disable Knox and possibly get something unlocked even if it's not the full unlocked we're looking for

117micc

Good morning Thread, (USA - est here)

I have currently switched from the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus to the. OnePlus 8 5G with T-mobile. I still currently have my Note but I am uploading it to swappa soon with the intentions of selling it as soon as possible. If by some miracle a bootloader unlock and root are achieved before that happens I may keep it, but that is highly unlikely. I will still keep the thread up for now but eventually I may close it or possible transfer it to a reputable developer that wants to continue the thread. Honestly, I'm not sure if that's possible. I truly hope that an unlock is achieved as well as root, and I believe that one day it will. Thanks to all that have participated and been active in this thread, you are immensely appreciated. Good luck

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

jship

Sep 18, 2016
How do I return to stock unlocked?

My phone has to be sent back and I need to return it to unlocked firmware as it was before. I've tried everything but nothing working.

I'm afraid when they boot the phone it will say TMobile and I'll get flagged.

Help please.

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Just use Odin to flash the unlocked firmware that your device came with out of the box. I'm not being a jerk, but I don't understand why so many here do things to their devices but then have no idea how to correct things and need help.My best advice is have a better understanding of firnware..odin..flashing before doing anything.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to start a Bounty for a root method in the SM-N975U1 unlocked US model of the Now 10+.

Bounty will be awarded to the first CONFIRMED successful method to unlock the bootloader and root SM-N975U1 unlocked US model of the Now 10+.

Xda rules state: No money can be collected or pooled on XDA, Bounties are PLEDGES ONLY. Thanks for understanding

Just say how much you'd be willing to put in and I'll update this post with your info including donation amount weekly.

Current Bounty:

117micc ------------------- $100

Learning0876 ------------- $300

Oneandroidnut ----------- $100

1404zone ----------------- $100

Jason123420 -------------- $200

Geekser ------------------- $300

Kapoowe ------------------- $30

maddman2k1 ------------- $500

Mike02z ------------------- $25

Firebrain ----------------- $2000

Horologist ---------------- $700

unimatrix ------------------ $20

HarroldC ------------------ $100

RomLord14495 ------------ $50

zack61797 ------------------ $40

Paddington1982 ----------- $35*

aj_vogtman ---------------- $100

Bot42 --------------------------- $50

ackaite --------------------- $100

Lovemytab ----------------- $25

Grand Total --------------- $4875

****** UPDATE ******
    PETITION TO SAMSUNG!

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ bootloader unlock petition

Please copy and share this petition on all your social media accounts!
    Well, I think most people would want to keep Samsung pay, Knox, etc. Rooting is just not worth it for a Samsung flagship nowdays.

Guess I'm not most people....
    SM-N9750/ds rooted/bootloader unlocked...
    Don't use sam pay...if i really wanted to or needed to my galaxy watch will do it. Love some Viper audio, built in spam calling protection, Call rec etc. Its my phone...i require su permissions to really believe that.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Hey everyone,

I think I've mentioned this before, but can we all please be respectful and kind to one another. Regardless of who said what, when, to who, let's stay courteous to others and try to stay on topic. I understand this thread had been around for months, without any real relevant updates, but honestly it covers with the territory.

We are all crossing our fingers and hoping for the same thing, arguing, being disrespectful, or condescending to one another is not going to make an exploit for this device happen any faster. Let's all stay professional and proper please. Thank you so much!

no negativity. but this thread will be nothing but hopes and dreams
    Well if people know anyone on here we can get a team and unlock the bootloader/root I've been trying to find possible "bugs" but nothing at all its extremely hard because older tricks that people used are patched and I'm still running 9.0 on my note 10 and still nothing.... I dont want to update to 10.0 till people find a root method but its extremely hard now a days but with a team I feel like it could be done

i been (what seems like) working alone for months n months now.. nit one person has messaged me or even indicated they were also trying lol

im making headway on n960u today.. i can now write to system vendor and odm partitions on combo using my already posted n9 combo root and an olllld trick im surprised even works lol