Akshar1420

Jun 28, 2020
Vadodara
Disclaimer:- This will void warranty.

You will need to unlock bootloader.
All your data will be lost
Read all the steps correctly

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,or lost your phone
*You will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help.
*Software updates won't work once you root device.

You will need:-
1. Your phone stock frimware:-
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
2. Pc
3. Your phone with unlocked bootloader
4. Odin software:- https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.13.1.zip
5. Samsung usb drivers:- https://samsungusbdrivers.me/
6. Internet
7. Some time

Download stock frimware

Download your device stock frimware and extract AP from your stock frimware and place it in your phone.

You can get your stock frimware from here:- https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Download magisk manager

1. First of all, download magisk manager from this link.
Magisk manager:- https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/topjo...magisk-manager-0850bca9-android-apk-download/
2. Install the magisk manager.
3. Open the magisk manager and tap install.
4. Then select next and select patch a file.
5. Select your AP which we extracted above from your device stock frimware.
6. Then tap on let's go.
7. It will patch your AP file and it will save In your internal storage download folder.

Now, save that magisk_patched.tar in your pc.

Now unlock the bootloader
For unlocking bootloader:- This will wipe all your data. So, take a backup of your phone before doing anything.

1. First of all,*Enable*Developer Mode.

2.Launch the Settings application

3.Scroll down and tap on the Developer Options option

4.Toggle the*OEM*Unlock option on*

5.Confirm by tapping the enable option.*

6.Power off your device.

7.Press*volume up+Volume Down at the same time*and plug in your device to a PC to boot into download mode

8.Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader.*This will wipe your data and automatically reboot.

Rooting the phone

1. Go into download mode and press volume up button once.
2. Download odin from the link given above.
3. Lauch odin and tap on AP and select the magisk_patched.tar.
4. Then flash the file.
5. Don't boot your device.
6. Go into recovery mode by pressing volume up and power button and wipe all the data. ( Because if you will not do this it will show only 16 gb storage in your device)
7. Then reboot the device.
8. Then setup the phone.
9. Install magisk manager. It will show that it is not rooted for that go to settings-about phone-reset and select factory data reset.( This will not reset your phone).
IF YOU WANT TO REBOOT YOUR PHONE THEN DO IT USING MAGISK MANAGER.
(Don't install any incompatible magisk module because it can un root the phone)

I hope that someone make twrp for A30s so we can easily root the phone and also install gsi roms.

Congratulations . Your have successfully rooted your phone.

Last edited:
6. Go into recovery mode by pressing volume up and power button and wipe all the data. ( Because if you will not do this it will show only 16 gb storage in your device)

Thanks for the great how-to. I'm looking at buying an A30s, but rooting and retaining encryption on the data partition is key for me. I gather that step 6 above will format the data partition, leaving it unencrypted (which is why you get more than the 16 gb if you wipe it - correct?) Will this method allow me to re-encrypt the phone after rooting?

Also, would you mind clarifying about losing root if not using Magisk to reboot - does that include powering off as well?

Akshar1420

Jun 28, 2020
Vadodara
Thanks for the great how-to. I'm looking at buying an A30s, but rooting and retaining encryption on the data partition is key for me. I gather that step 6 above will format the data partition, leaving it unencrypted (which is why you get more than the 16 gb if you wipe it - correct?) Will this method allow me to re-encrypt the phone after rooting?

Also, would you mind clarifying about losing root if not using Magisk to reboot - does that include powering off as well?

Yes, if you wipe data from recovery mode it will give you your phone's storage. You will lose warranty, Samsung pay, knox, secure folder, etc.. you can't get it back also if you unroot the device or re-flash the frimware. And power off will also unroot the device. For that you can reset the phone from Settings it will not format your phone. And rooting the phone or using custom frimware will give you less security so high changes of hacking.

valexvo1953

Jul 29, 2020
root

Hi,

I have successfully root my a30s with method described above . All root apk works OK only LuckyPatcher dont , dont know why . It is the only program that dont receive root permissions .

Anyway thanks
Regards
Alex

Akshar1420

Jun 28, 2020
Vadodara
Try re rooting

Hi,

I have successfully root my a30s with method described above . All root apk works OK only LuckyPatcher dont , dont know why . It is the only program that dont receive root permissions .

Anyway thanks
Regards
Alex

Try to re-root phone. Hope works!

1. Open magisk manager
2. Click on the first install button
3. Click on direct install

Then reboot the phone using magisk.

I hope this works

Reactions: Jerry8538

kagyu6060

Oct 4, 2020
Would it possible for you to download the bopt img and mail me the file. Mines A307gndxua4btg1 Thailand version. Please it wud really help me alot.. I am unable to download because of my network connection. I stay with my parents due to corona and we stay far from town and network is very ****ty here in village. I bricked my A30s yesterday using another versions it was different country but same a307gn..Boot img. I think only my exacr mentioned abovee wud work and now I been using an old family phone and tryin to download firmware but it took more than 10 hours and download stopped too..m so stressed. I didnt tell anyone i cant open my phone.. yet cuz this one is also new and i lost my phone last time.. i feel so bad.. i tried reset and wipe factory reset all..not working..if i can get the proper boot img..it wud help so much😿 Please and thank you sooooo much... i wana try flashin proper boot img and see if it wud solve problem since i cant download whole 3.68 GB with bad network here:(. please help me

ayyash_tarar

May 19, 2023
Dear pls tell me this AP file i patched is ok !!! A307FN u3 os11

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230609-002634_Apktool M.png
    Screenshot_20230609-002634_Apktool M.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 16

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:- This will void warranty.

You will need to unlock bootloader.
    All your data will be lost
    Read all the steps correctly

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,or lost your phone
    *You will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help.
    *Software updates won't work once you root device.

You will need:-
    1. Your phone stock frimware:-
    https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
    2. Pc
    3. Your phone with unlocked bootloader
    4. Odin software:- https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3_v3.13.1.zip
    5. Samsung usb drivers:- https://samsungusbdrivers.me/
    6. Internet
    7. Some time

Download stock frimware

Download your device stock frimware and extract AP from your stock frimware and place it in your phone.

You can get your stock frimware from here:- https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Download magisk manager

1. First of all, download magisk manager from this link.
    Magisk manager:- https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/topjo...magisk-manager-0850bca9-android-apk-download/
    2. Install the magisk manager.
    3. Open the magisk manager and tap install.
    4. Then select next and select patch a file.
    5. Select your AP which we extracted above from your device stock frimware.
    6. Then tap on let's go.
    7. It will patch your AP file and it will save In your internal storage download folder.

Now, save that magisk_patched.tar in your pc.

Now unlock the bootloader
    For unlocking bootloader:- This will wipe all your data. So, take a backup of your phone before doing anything.

1. First of all,*Enable*Developer Mode.

2.Launch the Settings application

3.Scroll down and tap on the Developer Options option

4.Toggle the*OEM*Unlock option on*

5.Confirm by tapping the enable option.*

6.Power off your device.

7.Press*volume up+Volume Down at the same time*and plug in your device to a PC to boot into download mode

8.Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader.*This will wipe your data and automatically reboot.

Rooting the phone

1. Go into download mode and press volume up button once.
    2. Download odin from the link given above.
    3. Lauch odin and tap on AP and select the magisk_patched.tar.
    4. Then flash the file.
    5. Don't boot your device.
    7. Then reboot the device.
    8. Then setup the phone.
    9. Install magisk manager. It will show that it is not rooted for that go to settings-about phone-reset and select factory data reset.( This will not reset your phone).
    IF YOU WANT TO REBOOT YOUR PHONE THEN DO IT USING MAGISK MANAGER.
    (Don't install any incompatible magisk module because it can un root the phone)

I hope that someone make twrp for A30s so we can easily root the phone and also install gsi roms.

Congratulations . Your have successfully rooted your phone.

Yes, if you wipe data from recovery mode it will give you your phone's storage. You will lose warranty, Samsung pay, knox, secure folder, etc.. you can't get it back also if you unroot the device or re-flash the frimware. And power off will also unroot the device. For that you can reset the phone from Settings it will not format your phone. And rooting the phone or using custom frimware will give you less security so high changes of hacking.
    Try re rooting

Hi,

Anyway thanks
    Regards
    Alex

Try to re-root phone. Hope works!

1. Open magisk manager
    2. Click on the first install button
    3. Click on direct install

Then reboot the phone using magisk.

I hope this works
    I have rerooted twice still the same result

Can you just message me personally?