• No, I won't.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv
A reward of 20 euro is awaiting your delivery of a fully working Android 7 ROM + custom recovery.
I expect @io2345 to reward you as well:

Regarding TWRP-3.1 custom recoveries for EStar Takee 1, I did some porting attemps from 5-19 November 2017.
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74410087&postcount=1201
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74434705&postcount=1202
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74482513&postcount=1203
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74488944&postcount=1205
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74540282&postcount=1206
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74564282&postcount=1207

TWRP for BQ Aquaris E5FHD
https://twrp.me/bq/bqaquarise5fhd.html

Current version
twrp-3.4.0-0-vegetafhd.img
Hi YuriRM, recently io2345 wanted to thank my effort donating 10€, moreover he's also helping me testing ROMs on his device and he's following my instructions when needed

Reactions: YuriRM

io2345

Sep 10, 2014
After many attempts finally got TWRP 3.1.1.0 working on the Takee - find it attached (had to split it, as size exeeds 8MB, rename parts to .001 and .002). Probably not yet perfect, but installation attempt of Mikel's ROM succeded. ROM is working and shows Android 7.1.2 (Ridon ROM)
Congratulations to Mikel. He really made it !

Update : Files deleted, see Mikels Upload further down here

Last edited:
Reactions: YuriRM and Mik-el

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv
After many attempts finally got TWRP 3.1.1.0 working on the Takee - find it attached (had to split it, as size exeeds 8MB, rename parts to .001 and .002). Probably not yet perfect, but installation attempt of Mikel's ROM succeded. ROM is working and shows Android 7.1.2 (Ridon ROM)
I'm fu**ing happy!!
After 2 years of work we finally made it!!
Porting Android 7 to an Android 4 device is really a suicide! But, hey... Mission Accomplished!!
Thank you for helping me testing everything @io2345
@YuriRM ... about your last message... XD :D

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
Recruitment of testers for Alpha version

I'm fu**ing happy!!
After 2 years of work we finally made it!!
Porting Android 7 to an Android 4 device is really a suicide! But, hey... Mission Accomplished!!
Thank you for helping me testing everything @io2345

@YuriRM ... about your last message... XD :D
Congratulations to all members of the development team of Android 7.1.2 (Ridon ROM) and TWRP 3.1.1.0 recovery for EStar Takee 1.

This is a landmark in the history of this remarkable Holographic 3D smartphone!

Recruitment of testers for this Alpha version is of paramount importance.

@giotogo, @snapss, @Talwarmirza are you ready to take action and give feedback to our development team, please?

Bugs need to be fixed before announcement at main threads of EStar Takee 1 at XDA and 4PDA.

One must ensure that this ROM and recovery do not descend into oblivion, for lack of awareness by owners of this device.

In order to sustain the valiant effort of @Mik-el, a strategy for reaching all owners of EStar Takee 1 is needed.

My suggestion is to update regularly the TWRP recovery and include it in the Official TWRP App, available at the Google Play Store.

1- Let's bring our version to the latest TWRP 3.4.0-0 (24th June 2020)
2- Let's comply with requirements for inclusion in the official distribution of TWRP
3- TWRP Maintainer should be @Mik-el, at this moment in time
4- A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom "ROM"

TeamWin - TWRP
https://twrp.me/

Any more suggestions are welcome.

NOTE - I will give a reward of 20 euro to @Mik-el, after receiving bug reports by alpha testers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mik-el

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv
@YuriRM many thanks for your reward!
I sent the custom ROM to @io2345 , he's already helping me finding bugs and troubleshooting everything.
The ROM is not an Alpha, it's already a Beta!!
Maybe even better: it's already good for daily use!

According to io2345 the rom is fanstastic! It's fast, stable and the battery life is very good.
The only 2 bugs found are:
1) Bluetooth bugged (but I'm going to fix it)
2) Frontal camera and main camera work! They require a warm reboot to be "unlocked" but I think I just got an idea to solve this bug too.

Obliviously io2345's reviews are very accurate (as you know), he'll post more when I'll release the rom.

As you can see my Rom is just born and at this stage is already suitable for daily use! Did you remember when you suggested me to port Android 6 first? I'm glad I went to straight to the next release... now we have Android 7.1.2 and it works better than Vladjocker's ROM!

I won't post the Rom download these days: I want to keep fixing some things and remove any dependency that remind to other Chinese devices. I asked our friend io2345 to keep helping me testing betas without sharing them.
But don't worry, when the first good release is ready to the internet I'll post everything here and the whole takee 1 community will be informed with a tag or a quote on xda. (you'll get a notification from my telegram channel too).

Regards,
Mik-el

Last edited:

io2345

Sep 10, 2014
i downloaded TWRP, but, can not unzip.]

Tried to redownload and unpack, works for me. You'll have to rename parts to <any_name>.001 and <any_name>.002 (as already stated above) and open it in 7-zip.
Giotogo, do you have an upload space? Then I can send you the latest TWRP-Version (has some improvements, e.g. USB-OTG support).
As for the ROM: You'll have to wait for Mikel's official release. He is still working on it, but has to complete university exams these days, which - of course - is of higher priority.

Last edited:

giotogo

Apr 3, 2016
tbilisi
Tried to redownload and unpack, works for me. You'll have to rename parts to <any_name>.001 and <any_name>.002 (as already stated above) and open it in 7-zip.
Giotogo, do you have an upload space? Then I can send you the latest TWRP-Version (has some improvements, e.g. USB-OTG support).
As for the ROM: You'll have to wait for Mikel's official release. He is still working on it, but has to complete university exams these days, which - of course - is of higher priority.

The same problem, can not extract. error and 99%... send if you can. ok, i will wait. :eek:

Last edited:

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv
Guys sorry for my absence. I didn't even read the new replies under this thread.
I had to pause development to concentrate on my exams. (the best news is that they went good!!), anyway I'm back.

These days I'll upload screenshots, files and news.

Reactions: The Penguin

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv
Ok I had to spent 2 days fixing my takee.
Last time I flashed a working ROM on this device I used the stock ROM exported by s7yler (I didn't know it was bugged at the time).
That ROM probably corrupted my recovery and is probably causing problems when charging the device too.

So I've spent these 2 days doing a lot of research and trying to flash the recovery:

---with spflashtool
(error 4001, USB connection interrupts when flashing or doing a readback, the problem could come from my 2 USB cables since they're not perfect but maybe no, since the same cable allowed me to do a full and big backup with mtkdroidtools).
Anyway Unsuccessful.

---with the official twrp app
(no error displayed in app and nothing changed).
Unsuccessfull.

---from fastboot ("partition recovery does not support flashing" error)...
Unsuccessful.

But at the end of the day I resulted to flash a working recovery with Mobile Uncle Tools App!! :victory:

New updates tomorrow!

giotogo

Apr 3, 2016
tbilisi
In my case, I had a broken USB. I wanted to go back to the original program and mix things up. Then I unplugged the phone, restored the two disconnected USB information contacts, and while recording only this version of SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352 worked and recorded the program. In all other cases it indicated a USB cable problem

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv
In my case, I had a broken USB. I wanted to go back to the original program and mix things up. Then I unplugged the phone, restored the two disconnected USB information contacts, and while recording only this version of SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352 worked and recorded the program. In all other cases it indicated a USB cable problem
Thank you for the info.
I'm using the last version of sp flash tool v5.1924, I'll try this old version :good:
What do you mean with "restored the two disconnected USB information contacts"?

I have 2 Takees, I bought a new battery since the old ones were unusable, but then I discovered that one Takee has damaged usb port for sure.
The other has working usb port I get error 4001 on sp flash tool (lost usb connection).

The 2 usb cables I have here (xiaomi) work good, but sometimes disconnect, anyway if you put attention they don't disconnect.
(I had a perfect Dell cable but probably someone stole it to me).

Anyway the Takee with working port has a strange behavior too:

1) In general I don't know why when I plug in the cable the phone wait a few seconds, then it always shows the image with the thunder on the battery (like when is fully discharged) and after a second shows the correct battery percentage. :confused:
Maybe I get error 4001 because the phone is not fast enough to start charging and spflash tool does not detect it...

2) If turned ON and connected to the pc everything is ok, but

3) If turned OFF and plugged to the pc the red led doesn't turn on and it seems it does not recharge. :confused:
Then if I disconnect and reconnect the battery in this state the red led turns on and it starts charging normally. :confused:

giotogo

Apr 3, 2016
tbilisi
What do you mean with "restored the two disconnected USB information contacts"? ------> I replaced the USB port and it was charging alone after that. There was no reaction when connected to the computer.

Mine was no longer charging, so I added this little charger board from which I got the + contact and plugged it directly into the battery contact https://photos.app.goo.gl/4yR688RusRsd2BYt6

In short, the phone is hemorrhoids ---- :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv
OK, I want to reupload the TWRP as a single files using the official Download section.
I don't have limitations for the file size, moreover some of you had problems repacking the 2 splitted parts premiered by my friend and tester @io2345
Anyway I'm very happy, it seems that 34 users has already downloaded the splitted twrp, but... where are you?? (maybe you are not subscribed to xda)

Anyway when I try to upload anything in the Download section I get this error (both on Opera and Chrome!)
Code:
there was an error processing the file on the server: filesystem error
I'll try tomorrow... if it keeps to doesn't work I'll contact the forum admin.

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv
TWRP 3.1.1-0 for Takee 1 + Download

Here we go guys!
Here's to you the download for the new TWRP 3.1.1-0 for Takee 1 !

0cGiajS.jpg

With my updated TWRP recovery is now possible to install Android 7 and above on Takee 1 !
The last recovery we got was developed in 2016 ( by @luckasfb) and it was not enough anymore for our needs, we could just install Android 6 ROMs or older...:crying: but with my new recovery a new era of updated custom ROMs awaits to be tested on Takee1!... Starting from the amazing Mik-el Android 7 ROM !!!
Stay tuned! :D

Advantages:
  • The previous downloads provided by @io2345 are splitted in 2 parts and are not recommended anymore
  • I have access to Developer Tools so I uploaded the file in the official Downloads section of this thread (not possible at the moment since XDA is switching to new technologies. will be solved after the switch)
  • I added SHA-1 and MD5 keys so you can check the integrity of the file before flashing it (you can use an easy software like this, really easy)

Downloads:
  • In this post! Scroll down.

Integrity Infos:
Code:
Name:    TWRP_3110_Takee_by_Mik-el
Date:    10/08/2020
Size:    9 MB (10,211,328 bytes)
--------
SHA-1:    8d2f012da8500efe68d17d57b7118af68e12a748
MD5:    cd4f0a512fdfab834937bd93cec28fbb
CRC32:    7256ec74

Installation Instructions:
You can flash this custom recovery in 4 ways (choose one):

To boot into recovery:
  • turn off your phone
  • connect the charger to the phone
  • long press Power Button + Volume Up button until the Takee 1 logo on screen moves a millimeter
    (this is the only way to do that!)

New version:
New recovery version will include otg support too and will be uploaded tomorrow.

Credits:

Attachments

• TWRP_3110_Takee_by_Mik-el.img
    9.7 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any news about the new Kernel?
    Here I am. Here's a recap.

1) Kernel Source.
    I made a Repository on Github. The starting point is a kernel for BQ Aquaris E5FHD, which I forked.
    As you know, I found a developer that offered their help. I sent to her the config.gz file from the Luckas and Valdjocker ROMs, she said the Luckas one is better. Then I lost contact with her cause for some reason she deleted her telegram account. Now she's back and we still have to keep talking about the kernel adapting process.
    Anyway, I think that with a ready device three and ready vendor blobs, she'll be more interested in the project.

2) Device Tree.
    Can be made by extracting some files from a device tree of a similar device on Github, or extracting some files from the stock ROM (in this case I think we'll have to use Luckas ROM since the original ROM has a 3.4.39 kernel and Android 7 requires 3.4.67).
    Going for the 2nd solution, I found a guide on the internet that seems reliable. The steps can be applied starting from any GitHub Repo that contains Android Source code (I think I'll go with AOSP since it's smaller and more battery-friendly than LineageOS).
    After this choice, I should reflash Luckas ROM on my device and extract the required files for the Device Tree, which I'll upload to another GitHub repo.

3) Vendor Blobs.
    I found another guide. I have to extract vendor from the stock ROM (again the Lucaks one) and a device tree is required.
    I'll upload these vendor files in another Github Repo too.

All my 3 Github Repos will have a link to the other 2 Repos.
    So now we should finally have adapted kernel source + extracted device tree + extracted vendor + AOSP source code.
    If the material is clean and organized, hopefully, any developer will be able to compile a ROM for Takee 1 form Source. :)

When
    Unfortunately the time that I can dedicate to XDA is increasingly hard to find.
    If anyone besides @io2345 wants to help with the extraction of the device tree and vendor, just let me know, I'll send you the guides and you could ask me questions in case you need.

About the 3D Porting
    I run the 3D Takee apps on my Android 7 Rom copying a few obvious 3D libraries, but as expected, it wasn't enough.
    I then decompiled the 3D apps with the help of the great @mozzafar alali , I reverse-engineered the required stuff and documented what I discovered on a .txt file.
    Now I'll add and replace the files in my last Rom file and we'll see if holographic 3D works :)
    Cheers to all of you!
    Device and Project Presentation
    In 2015 the Chinese company EStar launches on the market the Takee 1. An octa-core smartphone with an astonishing Holographic 3D technology developed by the german Seereal.
    Despite the cutting-edge hardware, a low price and the big innovations in the field of 3D and AirTouch... the phone does not receive the big success it deserved, Estar closes down and the last official software update dates back to 2015, leaving the whole system stuck to Android 4.2.

But today, 5 years after the last update and the closure of the company, I continue what the far-sighted EStar was doing, studying 3D technologies and releasing a new Android 7 Software Update.
    I had to face many difficulties but...
    making an Android 7 ROM from just an Android 4.2 base is now possible!
    Let's go guys!

Presentation Image

Other screenshots

Youtube video

The last ROM is v. 3.0
    Everything works except the Cameras. 3D partially works.

Changelog (click to show history of working/not working components)

v2.0
    • Magisk improvements

v1.2
    • Bluetooth Now Working
    • Full Holographic 3D and AirTouch support - in Development
    v1.1
    Usability

• WiFi module - Working
    • Phone module - Working
    • Audio - Working
    • Camera - Working (you have to apply a fix)
    • Fm radio - Working
    • USB debugging - Working
    • Bluetooth - Not working but I'm working on a fix!
    v1.0
    First release that can boot, no need to download it.

Theming
    Transition from RidonOS to Mik-el Android:

• Removed most of the references to RidonOS and Micromax 311
    • Mik-el bootscreen (boots faster)
    • Mik-el wallpaper

Apps
    • Replaced Ridon launcher with a lighweight Open Source Pixel Launcher
    • Removed Old Google apps, size of the Rom reduced
    • Added F-Droid, Open Source alternative to Google play store
    • Added an Open Source alternative to Youtube
    • Added 52kb app to exchange files on wifi between smartphone and PC
    • Added OpenCamera, best android camera app (and it's Open Source)
    • Added High-quality Audio recorder with noise reduction

System and Performance
    • Enabled USB Debugging by default
    • Adjusted dpi value: screen is more readable and system is more reactive!
    • First step to port the Bit Cauldron 3D Audio Technology included in the Takee stock Rom: Removed loudsound patch to avoid possible future conflicts

Mik-el fixes to extend the life of your device
    • system warns you when you reach high temperatures
    • system doesn't write on the phone memory over and over again (The original Takee 1 stock rom is based on Android 4.2 and trimming was introduced starting from Android 4.3 only)
    • you can install apps directly on external SD card - starting from v. 1.2

Support me:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Mik-el Android 7 for EStar Takee 1

Contributors
    Mik-el
    ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.67

Version Information
    Stable with some bugs

Created 2019-11-02
    Last Updated 2021-10-16
    Updated Twrp 3.1.1-0 with OTG support

This is a new update for the TWRP recovery I worked on!
    Do you know that I made a new TWRP recovery for Takee 1? Read my previous post if you didn't.

This time I added OTG support! This brings new advantages to the 3.1.1-0 recovery!
    H0bC8TE.jpg

New Features:
    • you can flash files, save and restore your backups on USB pendrives using an OTG cable. Useful for devices with damaged micro-sd reader.
    • you can use a usb keyboard or even a usb mouse through OTG. Useful for devices with broken screen.
    • the size of the recovery remains unaltered: (9 MB)

Downloads:
    • It's in this post! Scroll down

Integrity Infos:
    Code:
    Name:    TWRP_3110_Takee_otg_by_Mik-el.img
    Date:    29/07/2020
    Size:    9 MB (10,211,328 bytes)
    --------
    SHA-1:    684ed1a411fd67d2e1cebc7d64632bbcd6d5018f
    MD5:    b69d3cae06ba5bbc0c17da250423a306
    CRC32:    ae6ab0b3

Installation Instructions:
    You can flash this custom recovery in 4 ways (choose one):

To boot into recovery:
    • turn off your phone
    • connect the charger to the phone
    • long press Power Button + Volume Up button until the Takee 1 logo on screen moves a millimeter
      (this is the only way to do that!)

Credits:

Little preview: in the next days I'll post new material about Mik-el Android 7 for Takee 1!!!
    @Mik-el @io2345 Kudos to you for your efforts. The latest rom is an absolute masterpiece. Fast, efficient, beautiful. If it has got any minor problem, who cares? My old takee is reborn as new, I have scotch taped an old, but still working, Li-ion battery from a dead LG Optimus One and my Takee runs for( at least) 4-5 hours. Thank you, the estinct dinosaur Takee community must hold you in its hearts forever.

Update : Files deleted, see Mikels Upload further down here