[ROM][10.0][OneUI 2.5][G930X/G935X/N930X/N935X]FloydQ V8.0

Search This thread
Apr 26, 2020
Looking foward to seeing another great job!
Will it be possible to dirty flash it from V4 or do I need to do a clean install since apparently it's a different base?

Mech52433

Oct 27, 2020
we are using "stock~ish" brightness values, so i think it is as low as it can get, not 100% sure really. i dont mess with brightness tables that often

If you are using magisk, since Nov. you must go to magisk settings and enable "Magisk Hide" otherwise it will not pass.
if you are not using magisk, safetynet will pass just fine unrooted.

magisk hide is now mandatory until magisk gets updated to patch whatever new detection google added

this seems like some issue with CSC, i advise to reinstall and manually select your country from the omc list. also a clean flash is probably needed

TLDR; permissive is "insecure" and allows anything to write/read from the entire device, sepolicy defines what is allowed to R/W what.
so this is making your device less secure.

however, this will heavily depend on WHAT you do on your phone, if you install "fishy" apps or bad cracked apps, you run a higher risk compared to being enforced, as rough apps wont be able to access restricted domains when enforced.

permissive is the other way around, it gives full access. on such ported ROMs, we need it so our old incompatible HALs / Drivers to work and interface with android properly. without it we run into issues ranging from not being able to boot, all the way to having camera , graphics etc broken.

so just be careful what you install. and you should be fine, i have personally never faced security issues caused by permissive domains, but that does not mean they dont exist.

Ok got it. Thank you very much for the explanation!

nightraveen

Jun 4, 2016
I'm pretty new in the ROM community. I'm currently using v4 and v5 is going to be my first ROM update.
Do I need to install the v5 same as I installed the v4? Will installing the new version erase all my data?

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
No ETAs - first rule of XDA Club !

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

No matter how many times it's posted not to ask for Eta, people will still ask anyway...sad!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Barakydi4

Nov 13, 2012
Hi bro, help please, if you can

I use your ROM, Thank you for your work! It amazing! I need 1. I use custom rom before your. And it have Face Lock on Lockscreen and Apps, how i can install face lock on your rom?

Untriex

Dec 18, 2019
I'm pretty new in the ROM community. I'm currently using v4 and v5 is going to be my first ROM update.
Do I need to install the v5 same as I installed the v4? Will installing the new version erase all my data?

It is written in the first page:

1) Take a TWRP backup for all your partitions (just to be safe)
2) Wipe SYSTEM , Cache and Dalvik-cache
3) Flash the ROM.zip
4) In Aroma, select "No Wipe"
5) Select your features

Once the ROM finishes flashing, let it boot and leave the phone for ~30Mins to boot up and rebuild caches and "Upgrade"

You will notice that it will say Updating after it boots if you came from V2>V3 or V3>V4 And so on, Just leave it optimize

Warning : Your phone WILL get hot while dirty flashing and doing the Boot / optimization. so leave it rest

sanguinesaintly

Apr 16, 2011
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
Do any of you actually read the rules ? Give the maintainer some space and respect his choice as to when the update comes. Please stop nagging and begging - it doesn't help, and is more likely to p*ss him off rather than encourage him.

ananjaser1211

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Didn't wanna do this but looks like I need to delay the rom more.

The recent camera fix worked and solved all our camera issues (green video. Not working after a while etc)

But for whatever reason. Apps like Bixby vision or Google lense stopped working. This means that more apps are likely to not work. So I have to look into it.

I don't know when Is the release going to happen now to be honest. So just bare with me and wait. It will drop randomly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    final-banner.png

Welcome to FloydROM For the Exynos8890 Series
    for
    Exynos8890 - S7 / S7E / Note 7 / Note 7 FE

Quick Notes :

• FloydROM is a OneUI 2.5 Android 10 Port from the Galaxy Note 9.
    • If you wish to use a mod, component or part of this ROM for your own work, shoot me a msg on XDA.
    • If you ended up liking this rom and appreciate my efforts, Hit the Thanks button, and consider a donation.
    • This ROM aims to be a straightforward and stable replacement of Stock with heavy emphasis on quality of life and out of box experience.
    • ROM is built with no-root, encryption and SELinux enforcing in mind for most security
    • Since V8.0, KernelSU is avaliable and is the recommended way to ROOT if needed.

Submitting Issues/Feature Requests :

1. First read existing issues and the F.A.Q Below to ensure its not a duplicate
    2. Properly report issues by Submitting an issue on GitHub
    3. provide as much info as possible so the issue is not ignored / closed
    V8.0 Release Notes :-
    Thank you everyone for still using this ROM, Updates are far in between yet some how there is always requests for such,
    yet another release that took forever, i did not like how V7 left things, with time i gained more knowledge and was able to fix some of our oldest bugs (compass and encryption come to mind), and refreshed the ROM greatly, rebase and fixes aside its more tidy and in-line with my S9 ROM release, new safetynet fixes, better kernel, better camera, encryption support, and better selinux rules all contribute to make the ROM alot better at being daily driver.

I also re-did audio one more time with Pie audioFX and soundbooster, you should notice a difference for the better!

We did not get reports of black screen or alarm / audio mute, but i can't say for certain that they have been gone, the kernel has seen significant changes, i reverted most of what broke in V7 and i fully upgraded some components in selinux and FS to be able to use KernelSU and systemless modules, i invite you to try them out!

Overall this is the best release yet, and i hope you feel the changes done to the ROM and are able to continue enjoying it.

Refer to changelog/F.A.Q for All details, and how to enable encryption if needed.

V7.0 Release Notes :-

Its only fitting to release V7 in July isn't it. The ROM is 2 years old and still has an active following which blows my mind. id like to say thanks to all the users for your support all this time, and especially a big thanks to the testing team who stuck by me for this long.

Between my university, life and other projects, i haven't had consistent time to work on the ROM, i have updated it to the latest note 9 release (which is the last one by samsung) with May 2022 Security patch. Ive done some work on the kernel and base to remove some of the issues caused in V6, added a bunch of new fixes we gathered over time and from the note 8 Q project. and just overall tidy up the ROM, there is still some work left to do, but i dont want to delay V7 any further, if/when we do another version, it will contain more experimental fixes that didn't make it here.

I have done some changes to audio, which may be better or worse on the long run, hopefully to the better, the rom only had couple months of testing with a very small test group, so i wouldn't say its bullet proof. RAM, Camera Audio and overall stability has been worked on, and hopefully this reflects in real usage. ive only used the S7 to play a couple games and use some social media, as it is not my daily driver.

So far the black screen / alarm issue has not been commonly reported, neither did audio muting, however i cant rule out that it was fully fixed until it is tested by much more people. incase you still face these issues, open new reports on github

Overall i hope this new version works better for everyone, we reached the peak of what we can fix back in V6 and that was quite underwhelming, so hopefully with this new release Exynos8890 gets a new lease on life, atleast when it comes to OneUI

And no, i do not think we will ever see a OneUI 3 public release, it is simply too buggy to even look at.

Thanks everyone for your continuous support throughout the years.

V6.0 Release Notes :-

Its been 5 months since the last release, i expected the popularity of this rom to go down and vanish. however, 30 thousand downloads later, i think it is time to push another update. perhaps the last Q update. i dont know what more i can improve in this rom.

This release comes with a ton of significant fixes in every direction, be sure to read the changelog as it covers everything. all the way from stability, to muting to performance was adjusted.

EIS (Video stabilization) has also been enabled and fixed in this release

as mentioned, i am not sure what more can be done to make Q better, right now we are down to basically near impossible to fix errors. the overall experience is great with the stock kernel. and basically future versions might not carry big changelists anymore, and only basic rebases. however ive proven my self wrong many times before so lets wait and see

Make sure to check the F.A.Q if you still face muting. so far its frequency dropped significantly where i think it is as good as it gets

P.S : Majority of the fixes are kernel sided, Do not change kernels until they are updated with new fixes

V5.0 Release Notes :-

Alright, Finally. This release was a bit rough due to the immense changes in 2.5 and how late firmware took to be released.
    I hope you enjoy this release, A LOT has been changed, and alot of bugs has been resolved both directly and indirectly
    Some bugs like Audio muting and overnight crash never occured under testing, so they might be resolved too, however i will not rule that unless public reviews come in.

Id like to give a big shoutout to the testers group who has been at work for over 3 weeks hard testing this release

Another thing to mention is, i had to remove DeX Wireless mode for being too unstable. so sadly you guys wont get it in this release.
    i don't know if its fixable, but that's a problem for another day

The F.A.Q as always has been updated to reflect new changes, so give it a read please. Regarding the remaining bugs, better workarounds now exist so check them out

Warning : Dirty flash is not recommended, some testers faced issues. do it under your own risk, and avoid reporting issues if you dirty flashed please!

V4.0 Release Notes :-

Hey everyone, we meet again. This release again focuses on stability and misc improvements, has some additional features such as secure folder
    but the main focus was fixing our existing bugs. Based on ~3 weeks worth of testing, there are great improvements to almost every part of the ROM

The F.A.Q as always has been updated to reflect new changes, so give it a read please. Regarding the remaining bugs, better workarounds now exist so check them out

While i wanted to release this on my schedule (20 of each month) i had to delay it due to health issues with my father. so thanks for understanding and I'm happy to say that he is on his way to recovery, it was scary times for sure. but taught us a lot.

chatter aside, i hope you enjoy the ROM, and let me know how it goes, Development on V5 starts early next month, and this time hopefully I'm focusing on More features possibly a OneUI 2.5 port if it came in time. will see how it goes

V3.0 Release Notes :-

Hi once again, Hope you enjoy this release. while its a smaller update compared to V2. this focuses more on stability and fixing some annoying issues from V2.
    OneUI 2.1 Gives us great fixes regarding memory leaks and performance degradation. and I've improved and re-did all the fixes I've developed for this port to be much simpler and easier to update in the future. instead of relying purely on Hacks.

There are still some bugs that i am starting to feel like we will never fix, but then again this is only the 3rd release. so we will see
    how it goes in the future.

The F.A.Q as always has been updated with new notes and workarounds.

With that said, Enjoy the release. hope you like it. and as always, if you appreciate what i do, leave a thanks, constructive feedback and consider a donation

V2.0 Release Notes :-

Hello again, Ive taken my time With this release and spent significantly more time trying to improve the experience as much as possible.
    There are still some bugs remaining, the biggest being the overnight crash (which thankfully we have a workaround for those who face it often)
    Besides that i belive most of the remaining issues are either minor or can be lived with for now.

This release focuses on stability first, the previous base was a hacked up version of FEB and MAR with quite basic fixes. everything has been redone and hopefully for the better

Thanks you for your great reports that helped improve this ROM alot. and thanks to the testers who spent hours testing and evaluating this ROM. Please be sure to read the F.A.Q and notes to avoid issues

P.S : This version has very experimental Note 7 FE support. Let me know if it works or not, if it does, Iris probably wont work.

Initial Release Notes :-

After a battle that took months on end, im able to deliver you this project in a state were i can deem it as "Daily Driver", This was no easy task, Android Q has changed alot
    And a skin such as oneui 2.0 was never intended to run on this device, But here we are. another middle finger to planned obsolescence.

Aside from project Treble, this officially is My first major project on this platform. and i hope you like it.
    As the nature of "Initial releases" tend to be, expect Bugs, i wrote down the ones i can see and that are actual issues that can affect people. so make sure to read them.
    And The F.A.Q and Notes page is more important than this entire post. it details stuff that you might need to do in order to avoid issues and not to look stupid reporting issues that otherwise wont happen.

Finally, This rom is only possible due to a TON of contributions from my friends @corsicanu , without him you probably wouldn't have seen this ROM.
    I have also included the majority of improvements , Aroma and edits from his Amazing "HadesRom" Series which im sure you guys are familiar with already.

A Lot of great people helped me make this project, especially testers who has been digging through this ROM for over a month. make sure to check them out in the credits section.

Alright enough chit-chat. Enjoy the ROM. and do let me know in the thread how it is going on your end.

Before you post : READ the post, And especially the install steps and F.A.Q, the rom has been tested and daily driven for multiple years, If you face Critical usage breaking issues, you likely did something wrong, go through the F.A.Q and known bug lists beforehand, otherwise create a new bug report and let us know in the replies.

Cb_BMYy3VarZ4ST27ElWHCox7fXddtli60RDklhv1nGHUmGet_Es8eadFHsYTnwSYNRjgHoaPrFIbAqmx2HLlgzvAebctoWHW403seTaHxkb3GQq55kVh5EX_YDNC7JXo-JbtKUOJA=w2400

Main Port Features :

• Based on N960FXXSAFWB3 Note 9 with February 2023 Security Patch
    • Retained most updated components from N935F/N960F
    • Heavily Debloated,Customized and Tweaked OneUI 2.5 Experience
    • No Core features/functionality removed
    • Implement All non-hardware Features from Note 9
    • Countless in-depth patches and fixes
    • Custom CronosKernel with Stock Experience and KernelSU support
    • DVFS/SIOP Tuning and optimization for Battery/performance
    • Full SELinux Enforcing
    • Encryption Support
    • SafetyNet/Integrity/CTS Out of the Box with no Magisk/Tweaks
    • GooglePay/Banking Support*
    • EXT4/F2FS Support on userdata
    • Pre-patched Knox/SecureFolder and misc
    • Custom AROMA Installer
    • Near Stock Camera experience
    • Full support for the Entire Exynos8890 family of devices

FloydROM Features :​

• Samsung S9/N9 DolbyAtmos
    • Optimized for each Exynos8890 Device
    • Many prop, tweaks and exclusive apps included
    • Disable Knox and other intrusive protections
    • Full OMC/OXM setup with +70 countries supported
    • @corsicanu Patched GoodLock manager
    • Storage Booster / Native APP2SD
    • Patched Dual Messenger for All user apps
    • Recovery toggle (Long Press restart)
    • Native AppLock
    • Native Screen Video recorder
    • Native Call recorder
    • SecureFolder + Knox WorkProfile
    • Google LiveCaptions
    • Selinux Enforcing
    • Encryption
    • Native SafetyNet bypass
    • And the list keeps going!

Aroma Features :

• Tuned Wipe options (With Dirty flash from Android 9+ *Not recommended however*)
    • Auto EFS Image Backup
    • Kernel Selection for KernelSU or Stock
    • BootAnimation selection (Samsung Wh/Bl , And Custom FloydROM and Hades Animations)
    • Emoji Selection (System-Wide/Notif, ios14/16.4, Aosp11,12,13 and OneUI 5.1/6.0Beta)
    • Custom Fonts (Stock, GoogleSans, 1120 FontsMod)
    • BloatMenu (Bixby Bloat, VoiceAssistant, SamsungFree, GamePack, Reminder, VideoList, ANT+ and STK)
    • Custom OMC/CSC Selection with 70+ Countries supported (No SKC At the moment)
    • CSC Tweaks (Extra Toggles, SpeedMeter, Data Toggle in power menu, CallRecording, CamShutter Sound, LTEOnly, LTE/4G Icon, 5 Bars signal and many OMC tweaks)
    • Selectable Edge Panels and edgelighting+
    • Selectable SmartManager (Intl / CN)
    • Selectable S9 Ininifty Wallpapers
    • Selectable Note 10/Note 9 Ringtone/Notification sound
    • Selectable support for rounded UI elements
    • Selectable ADAway
    • Selectable Android 10 NavigationBar/Gestures
    • Selectable DualSpeaker
    • System Sound selection
    • And a Ton more!

CronosKernel V8.0 :-

- All of the custom kernel features can be controlled using HKTweaks by @corsicanu

TLDR :
    * Kernel has been greatly changed and re-done to avoid any unstable changes
    * I keep stock frequencies and voltages

Source Code : Github
    Standalone Kernel Flashable : Github

• Full Android Q Support
    • N935FXXS8CUD1 Source
    • Support S7/S7E and N7FE / N7 Bomb Edition
    • Compiled with GCC 4.9.4 Linaro toolchain
    • Optimized for battery and performance
    • Upstreamed sdcardfs from 4.4
    • Upstreamed to 3.18.140
    • Upstreamed FS and overlayFS from 4.4
    • Upstreamed Selinux from 4.4
    • KernelSU + Module Support
    • Misc Backports from Exynos7870 QQ source
    • F2FS Support
    • R29P0 GPU Backport from Exynos7870 Q source
    • Improved sched tick rate
    • GPU Overclocking / Voltage & Thermal control
    • CPU Voltage Control And underclocking
    • Devfreq Voltage control
    • Compiler optimizations
    • Many wakelocks blocked by default
    • BoefflaWakelock Blocker
    • WireGuard Support
    • MoroSound control
    • Magisk Support
    • Aggressive samsung wakelocks block toggles
    • Battery charger controls
    • FadeLED Support
    • DT2W / S2W / S2S Supported
    • UKSM Module included
    • Tuned SWAP rate
    • Dynamic Fsync Driver
    • PowerSuspend Driver
    • PWM Flicker Free Mod by @Wootever
    • Greatly improved scheduler and governor
    • And many others that can be found on github
    • Support for NFC and Smart Cases on Q
    • Improved S9 interactive Governor
    • Disabled GPU boosting little cores
    • Disable DVFS fully
    • Re-Tune samsung input booster
    • Improved Magisk Hide
    • Improved DVFS behaviour
    • Reduced power consumption during video playback
    • ZRAM with LZ4 Compression enabled by default
    • GPU overclock upto 806mhz
    • Massive patches and backports for Android Q
    • CIFS Support
    • Switchable SeLinux
    • And much more

WVeJ1vb3CmftLUPMydA37Us1aDtoHPsBCmyqNBFXB3TfnFH9ggbvUM0JsIfuo2DHJeZk5h3PWDKcteRpbeb0vtZUrxGUzSsbioX2k72F44CmX0joYk3p6_ZDW7y7wpse4U835uRtFw=w2400

Prepare :
    • Ensure you have TWRP3.3 Or newer. Recommended to use My TWRP_3.7 with F2FS and Encryption
    • Download and copy the ROM to your device (and verify MD5) to be safe
    • Nandroid backup your device in TWRP incase **** hits the fan and you need to recover.
    • Using WIPE in aroma WILL erase your data and /sdcard/Android folder! while keeping InternalStorage contents
    • If you have already wiped your internal but plan on encrypting, it will be wiped again!
    Flash :
    • Boot into TWRP
    • Wipe SYSTEM, CACHE (Wipe data too if you want to clean install *Recommended)
    • Flash the ROM.ZIP , select your options and wait for the installation to Finish
    • If you want to use encryption, Read below!
    • Setup your rom and READ the F.A.Q for more information.
    Debug :
    • If you had errors / failure to install, refer to F.A.Q page

Encryption Guide :

• back up your internal storage, encryption will complexly format it
    • After the ROM has been flashed, Format Data in My TWRP_3.7 as show in the image below

[*]
      photo_2023-10-19_22-10-33-jpg.6023132

[*]
    • Flash FloydQ_Encryption.zip found in the download section
    • Reboot > System, Your phone will now boot to setup wizard, fully encrypted and secure!
    • Note : Encryption means you will NOT be able to access DATA or InternalStorage in TWRP at all! if you wish to do that you have to perform the same format step, erasing all data on the device
    • If for any reason you brick the ROM installation, and a dirty flash does not fix it, your DATA will be gone!
    • Whenever you re-flash FloydROM while data is encrypted, you MUST flash FloydQ_Encryption otherwise you wont be able to boot into the encrypted data

bugs-png.5997889

• Follow the git repo to stay up-to-date on bugs : Github
    • Read the instructions above to report new bugs and help make the rom better.

uxH3Q_TtCfYoVIcuBV181cn_KqaocmjkAQ6Luf1magvARGXN1lWkmLJuWCalWncyuEr74U2QfN2mb7PbyMm4XR4uHG0pYSybbLS3O9A5m4W5ZH6ZIX0m6bIcMmZTH8sIbFNA6_dLUg=w2400

Imgur Album with Screenshots : IMGR | 2.5 Screenshots : IMGR

TAcloLeU95_LnbVjxY2VP25xMtaXYySXohUXXqvrKw-pwjX24hpiQZOXR7rj43QHt4nYO-wuocp2zVRnl32NTOaqsMY8k7gU6VQvnIKaQZdy3x7nLrXHQ5s5t8NDqmnoE2XVysDU4g=w2400

IF you helped in this rom and i forgot you, Send a PM or contact on Telegram
    @corsicanu For a ton of support with this Project and a ton of HadesROM Features / Aroma (xoxo)
    @kill-switch For Support and assistance with this ROM
    @Khaled shabbar for 3rd party volume fix
    @cvolton For fixing Device MAC Issues and 4K/60 FPS camera mod, and other contributions
    @Ivan_Meler For help with fdsan
    @morogoku & @pascua28 for help with kernels
    @RickyBush_ For IOS Emoji

Thanks to the Testing Team for helping me greatly :-
    @kill-switch @Morogoku @ModX81 @Khaled shabbar @Random-Tester @dave457 @Cvolton @Logan @Shariq3422 @MkUltraBlack
    @RedLikeSnow @SnowFuhrer @nalasTS @Oto_16
    @Sparta19666 @mathy007 @CANCAN_BBN @Kakashi82 @unibombz @Arcsin2

Downloads. Changelogs , F.A.Qs below

Contributors

ananjaser1211, corsicanu, kill-switch
    Source Code: https://github.com/ananjaser1211/Cronos_8890/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Bootloader/Modem and TWRP 3.3+
    Based On: Android 10 - Oneui 2.5

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: V7.0

Created 2020-04-20
    Last Updated 2022-07-01
    Downloads and changelogs

F0-mD7nKQz6DqCB76EtiiuJS6qnNwT735xae2Ua6vnZSENj_di2kIFlx6MpkTgAbelBXFrDcWVWqXr2wpSQxx7X-ktvXh8kTGCLaWDxv2S38dpDO7qei-PaLPc7om8g_VtjEYQxcFg=w2400

NewsChannel : Telegram
    Support Chat : Telegram

- Download links are shortened with bit.ly for statistics, if you had issues with it, use the Direct download link.
    - if you had issues downloading from Drive, sign in and save the file to your drive. the file name will show up as Copy of Floyd*
    - Make sure to verify the file hash you downloaded to avoid issues such as not being able to boot / zip corrupt
    Windows : VerifyHash Thanks @dave457
    Android : HashChecker

- All of the custom kernel features can be controlled using HKTweaks by @corsicanu
    - Standalone Kernel Zips can be found Here
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    FloydQ V8.0 [LATEST]
    AFH : Download
    MEGA : Download
    GoogleDrive : Download

FloydQ V8 Encryption_Enabler
    - PLEASE read the Notes on how to use
    > Download : AFH | GDrive

FloydQ V8 SafetyNet Patch 2023-12-31
    - A more permanent* Safetynet Fix, this uses unpopular and uncommon device information that should be hard to ban by google
    - This will work as long as people don't spam Integrity tests
    - Restore Google Pay
    - Restore DEVICE_INTEGRITY
    > Download : XDA

FloydQ CronosKernel V8.1 KernelSU update
    - Update KernelSU to 0.7.2 / 11414
    > Download : Github

FloydQ V8 Gaming patches
    - View the github issue page to understand more

If you are not able to boot, kernelSU not working, or you have wrong kernel READ this
    > Thread : XDA

Release Post : XDA
    P.S : if you had issues downloading from Drive, sign in and save the file to your drive. the file name will show up as Copy of Floyd*
    Size : 2.9GB
    MD5 : dcbbbdb28cdbe9dd2c7b55ef7aae42a5
    SHA1 : b0ee4648cc1f2fddfe9abc3900096a1dad774153

FloydQ V7.0

HOTFIX : Download
    P.S : if you had issues downloading from Drive, sign in and save the file to your drive. the file name will show up as Copy of Floyd*
    Size : 2.53GB
    MD5 : 7d34c47272c5f241f281a60dd5a215dc
    SHA1 : f6736340d23e7534bb82f49eb835de1690628276
    * Make sure to verify the file hash you downloaded to avoid issues such as not being able to boot / zip corrupt

FloydQ 6.0

GoogleDrive : DEAD
    Size : 2.52GB
    MD5 : 10393efe56528b7a2ce658e562ccc324
    SHA1 : b1564b5ae62dc4eb0cdcfc5e06616b4a3608192b
    * Make sure to verify the file hash you downloaded to avoid issues such as not being able to boot / zip corrupt

FloydQ V5.0

Patch 1 : XDA
    Patch 2: Github
    Patch 3 : XDA
    Size : 2.72GB
    MD5 : c647582f51fbb2f2b7e491789109e7fc
    SHA1 : 1a49997f7dac6007a8c67bdbdac169c93515e3cc

FloydQ V4.0

Size : 2.66GB
    MD5 : dba0e2feb8148b99b74063a8806453d9
    SHA1 : 184ca149e321e322c2b79212571c9747ec8b8040

FloydQ V3.0

Size : 2.61GB
    MD5 : 494d6d720a265cc8a1cbd9d7b3eacb61
    SHA1 : d1d226b73cfbf55233d6e7162fdcefbd4f946354

FloydQ V2.0

Size : 2.50GB
    MD5 : ca15402f012a154c478b05e965e808d6
    SHA1 : 401c880f366848090d72f0ea971de4ec743b0cab

FloydQ V1.0

Updated F.A.Q : XDA
    WiFi Improvments : XDA
    Sound Improvments : XDA
    Kernel Update : XDA
    Size : 2.56GB
    MD5 : 8a1da0663f05aed440f48770aa6a742e
    SHA1 : 81621da90a7192292ce9f216c34e4d3d21998d4a

WDqiPZ-OXRl0STq7H0vH-hFBjU9IHrt4ew0eV1c8A_7iMuN5ZOdqe8RV4rGctI5cdQBEULI026LwpFeVYz7183bJoPrgfS_L2c3UHAPJ_s4gdgR8so8nHVmj3PZlbS9NdAZPtrT8cg=w2400

Floyd 8.0 - 05.11.2023

Base
    - Fully rebuilt and rebased on N960FXXSAFWB3 Feb 2023 Patch
    - Update ODM Package to N960FOXMAFWB1
    - Update MCN/IP Configs for many countries
    - Cumulative fixes and changes since May 2022
    - Merged samsung security patches since v7
    - Integrated some Changes and fixes from FloydT S9 Project
    - Re-did Selinux Enforcing to be proper and avoid storage issues
    - Support Full Encryption
    - Implement Safetynet Fix at the framework level
    - Improved Performance and battery due to new FW and SELinux rules
    - Switch to 4GB LMK Config from A6LTE and improve memory management
    - Add proper Exynos8890 Power management config (SSRM/DVFS)
    - Update ALL the apps/featuers in bloat to latest Q release
    - Switch to 1-zip kernel flasher for all variants
    - Implement KernelSU + Zygisk Module support
    - Introduce new High end camera APK
    - Add NNET and SNAP Image processing
    - Add native QR code detection in camera
    - Add Night Mode in camera
    - Add AR3D / Watermark / Stamp effects
    - Add Selfie Livefocus / Portrait mode
    - Add improved Wide Selfie
    - Proper HDR / Always HDR
    - Re-integrate previous camera mods
    - Use stock sensors on S7/S7E instead of N7FE sensors
    - Use Stock N7FE SoundFX libraries and soundbooster

Aroma
    - Add back S9 Infinity Wallpaper option
    - Add latest Corsicanu Goodlock mod
    - Add latest AdAway APK
    - Add option to install KernelSU
    - Add option to clean Magisk Modules on dirty flash
    - Add option to enable SecureFlag off / Screenshot in any app mod
    - Add option to enable 5 bar SIM Signal
    - Enable HideAlbum feature in all countries
    - Fix a bug that did not set CSC properly
    - Fix QS Toggle RE-SET bug on reboot
    - Update Emojis (AOSP11/12/13 , OneUI 2.5/6.0 , iOS14.6/16.4Beta
    - Move Patched dual massenger to system by default
    - Move AR/Sticker to system by default
    - Misc fixups in scripts
    - Removed deprecated Flip board briefing
    - SELinux Enforcing is enabled by default

Fixes
    - Fix SSRM/DVFS Power management and use exynos8890 config
    - Fix Safetynet and use BASIC Attestation
    - Fix constant background apps closing due to RAM
    - Fix Black screen wakeup issues and Alarm not waking up
    - Fix a bug that lead to ODM partition not properly working
    - Fix Storage full bug on some clean flashes
    - Fix Crashes caused by debloat
    - Fix wrong N7FE camera lib location
    - Fix scrolling lag in some apps
    - Fix some sutters in UI Animations
    - Fix a bug that prevented some prop mods from being applied
    - Remove Bad selinux policy and compile proper one
    - Add GPS 10-Bit rollout bug fix / Time sync issue
    - Add Knox Workprofile patch again
    - Various other misc changes in the ROM/Base
    - Restart LHD/SensorHUB on boot which reduces wakeup issues
    - Fix Compass direction bug on S7/S7E
    - Use Stock pie SoundFX and audio tuning
    - Increase speaker volume in media and reduce in ringtones
    - Replace N7FE Notes app with stock one (Do not update)

CronosKernel
    - CronosKernel-V8.0-20231105
    - Revert to earlier stable stage
    - Re-integrate safe fixes
    - Pack Kernel in ZIP instead of seperate images
    - Switch to Linaro 4.9.4
    - Update to N935FXXS8CUD1 Source
    - Restore Argos HMP Boost
    - Restore Default CPU DVFS behavior
    - Revert Buggy binder changes
    - Remove ROW I/O scheduler
    - Restore stock CPU/GPU Clocks
    - Switch to R28P0 GPU and remove default OC
    - Remove Broken I2C Clock changes that causes freeze
    - Clean Magisk/old kernels prior to installation
    - Raise min cpu clocks back to stock to avoid black screens
    - Switch back to N935F interactive governor
    - Increase pre-created dev loop devices
    - Upstream Selinux Driver from Linux 4.4
    - Upstream OverlayFS from Linux 4.4
    - Import FS system calls from Linux 4.4
    - Enable working OverlayFS
    - Port KernelSU and its dependencies
    - Fix KernelSU Module support on 3.18
    - MoroSound V2.2.0 (DualSpeaker, Mono Headphones, Mic control)
    - Update sdcardfs driver
    - Disable 8th CMA/RBIN on S7/S7E
    - Fixup WLAN Region codes on S7/S7E

Floyd 7.0 - 01.07.2022

- Fully rebuilt and rebased on N960FXXS9FVE1 May 2022 Patch
    - Cumulative fixes and changes since April 2021
    - Merged samsung security patches since v6
    - Re-worked Audio / AudioFX System to mitigate issues
    - Boost overall Audio/Bass And match it more with Pie
    - Various misc fixes in the base forked from Note 8 Q project
    - Performance improvment due to base changes
    - Support Selinux Enforcing
    - Update ALL the apps/featuers in bloat to latest Q release

Aroma
    - MemorySaver/Storage booster included by default
    - Update iOS Emojis to 14.6
    - Include latest chinese smart manager with added features
    - Add Manage App Data feature (enable/disable network per app)
    - Updated Goodlock mod to 20220413
    - Update AdAway to v5.12.1
    - Fix BixbyRoutines FC when enabling brightness control
    - Add latest SamsungDaily
    - Remove Force RCS as it needs carrier and reciver support
    - Remove VancedManager due it being Discontinued
    - Add calculator directly in the rom
    - Updated OMC packages to latest FUK1 package
    - Remove S9+ Infinity Wallpaper package due to samsung stopping updates
    - Add Toggle for SELinux Enforcing (Check F.A.Q for more details)

Fixes
    - Fix issues with power/thermal HAL that caused lag and performance degredation
    - Improve Auto brightness tables
    - Fix IRIS sensor on Note 7 and make it work in secure folder and other places
    - Fix note 7 lag on lock screen
    - Disable Note 7 torch intensity slider to avoid FCs and workaorund it
    - Fix Selfie capture with HeartRate sensor
    - Support more NFC card types (Mifare plus Thanks @Pavlon333)
    - Cleanup some of the broken constant logging services
    - Disable High Brightness Warning
    - Improve and update basic safetynet hiding without magisk
    - Update Safetynet Fix to bypass recent GMS restrictions (Thanks @@AndrzejDwo and @Ivan_Meler)
    - Enable back Audio encoding in Slowmotion videos
    - Remove problematic RAM configs
    - add 2x zoom button in camera
    - More improvments to RAM/ZRAM
    - Fix wakeup freezes
    - Fix Alarm issues
    - More test fixes for Audio muting issue
    - Improve Audio Quality / bass a bit
    - Set Actual device name instead of note 9 by default
    - Remove old deperecated props
    - Various other misc changes in the ROM/Base
    - Workaround initial FDSAN Error that causes issues
    - Prevent Notes APP from updating on N7FE (to fix pen issue)</*)

CronosKernel
    - CronosKernel V7.0
    - Re-enable wakeups by eventpoll
    - Revert problematic I2C stall fixes
    - Revert CPUFreq relation back to stock
    - Enable back HMP Boosting on GPU to avoid wakeup issues
    - Restore default DVFS CPU Behaviour
    - Add custom tune build flag
    - Optimze the kernel for performance instead of size
    - Revert power-queue changes
    - Revert GPU MIF clock back to stock
    - Revert CPU Boost freq back to stock
    - Merge updates for I2C From Exynos7870
    - Restore N7FE Camera/Iris code
    - Misc sound-core driver changes from Exynos7870
    - Enable CIFS Driver
    - Disable Forced Permissive
    - Enable back Audit logging
    - Increase default audio in moro_sound
    - Set Torch brightness to max on Note7 due to lack of slider
    - fix pm_qos kernel panic in camera driver

Floyd 6.0 - 01.04.2021

• Updated and rebased to N960FXXS8FUC4 March Security Patch
    • Includes all the software fixes and updates from Previous Versions
    • Includes all split patches released earlier
    • Added more experimental fixes for Charging and AudioMuting issues
    • Re-did prop mods and removed useless ones
    • Major improvements in stability and performance due to base and kernel changes
    • Updated Honeyboard (Thanks @Khaled shabbar)

Aroma
    • Updated emoji packs (iOS 14.2 , AOSP Q , OneUI 2.5)
    • Remove some bloat that can be downloaded (Email and Voice recorder)
    • Re-Arrange features / bloat lists
    • Switch audio sound mod to Note9/Note10 instead of S9/S10
    • rewrote some entries to make it easier to understand
    • Switch to new Aroma theme and icons
    • Remove LiveCC from bloat menu as it causes issues when removed
    • Remove YUVA packages as they are useless bloat
    • Wipe script will no longer clear hidden internal storage files or keyboard/camera data
    • Updated Goodlock mod to latest version
    • Updated Vanced Manager to latest version
    • Added S10 Webview APKs
    • Remove Note FE iris option until it is resolved (if ever)
    • Remove QuickShare support as its buggy
    • Add CHC, KTC, LUC, SKC , COO And ARO CSC packs
    • Remove SamsungDaily as it is repalced by Samsung Free

Fixes
    • Introduce new Camera stability fixes
    • Improve on FDSAN camera patch to reduce unstable hacks
    • Fixed EIS Stablization that supports FHD_60, QHD and lower
    • Reduce frequency of Audio Muting (Read F.A.Q for more)
    • Improve sound cancelation in calls to avoid echo in certain scenarios
    • Fixed USSD shortcuts
    • Fixed Emoji black boxes issues
    • Re-tune Audio bass and gain configs
    • Increased volume for 3rd party app calls
    • Fix issues with AudioFX and lifevibes cancelation
    • Fix an issue that caused wifi to stop working (murata/semco)
    • Fix an issue that caused some bank apps / google pay to fail
    • Fixed Volume changing in 3rd party call apps like whatsapp , facebook (big Thanks @Khaled shabbar)
    • Fixed and greatly reduced Audio muting bug (Thanks @pascua28)
    • Fixed SmartStay
    • Added Outdoor mode toggle in settings
    • Removed some leftover files to save 100MB in system

CronosKernel
    • CronosKernel V6.5
    • Disable excess debugging from touch and display
    • Enable power efficient work-queue
    • Add fixes for battery reporting
    • Adjust Interactive Governor to be more efficient in scaling
    • Add/adjust cache tunable for Interactive gov
    • Add ROW I/O Scheduler
    • Allow GPU overclocking upto 806
    • Adjust GPU utilization tables and Freqs to be more sustainable
    • Reduce MIF max clock in GPU
    • Reduce CPU Boost freq to 2.1ghz
    • Custom Tune inputbooster for better power/performance balance
    • Reduce little cores boost freq
    • Enable LZ4 Compression
    • Update ZSWAP and fix issues with it
    • Disable VNSWAP/ZSWAP and use ZRAM with LZ4 Compression
    • Overall noticeable performance improvement in UI, and better performance in-game
    • RAM is much more stable and will keep more apps stored for longer
    • Battery mismatch should reduce overtime with the new fixes
    • Update Ramdisk binary
    • Fix WiFi dev shutdown (wifi not turning on after sleep)
    • Fix WiFi causing excessive drain overnight
    • Add full PS4 Controller support via USB or Bluetooth
    • Reduce gpu latency/loadavg
    • reduce expensive selinux calls
    • Various changes to I2C by pascua28 to handle Audio muting

Floyd 5.0 - 11.12.2020

• Base
    • Updated and Rebased to N960FXXU6FTK1 November Security Patch
    • Rebase includes Note9 FW + OneUI 2.5 Apps/Features
    • Includes all split patches released earlier
    • Kept S9+ Dolby System to avoid audio issues
    • Removed unsupported features/APKs such as SecureWiFi, MyGalaxy
    • Added experimental fixes for Charging and AudioMuting issues
    • Forced S9+ Model name to retain safetyNet passing without magisk
    • Overall Major improvements in stability and performance
    • Disable ADB Debugging by default for extra protection

Aroma
    • Fix ARStickers Installation
    • Fix 1120 Fonts Mod Installation
    • Fix Echo in DualSpeaker mode
    • Update all Bloat , GoodLock, VancedManager to latest versions
    • Removed all GoodLock apps and replaced them with New patched GL Manager
    • Removed useless WiFi Security from bloat
    • Update S-PEN Apps/Frameworks for Note devices
    • Add S9+ Infinity wallpapers as an option
    • Slight updates to General ODM Pacakge
    • Fix an install issue that would leave some on splash screen
    • Update Ringtones with 2.5 media and N9 Sounds
    • Add a fix for QS Toggles reseting with extra QS enabled
    • Replaced KTC OMC with unbranded KOO OMC for korean users
    • Various other misc changes
    • Add option to force RCS capability Thanks @Camille31400
    • Added SamsungNotes v4.1 for Note7 devices to fix FCs

Fixes
    • Add Proper WiFi loader service to fix issues with some chips
    • Fix WiFi instability, disconnections and no connection after doze
    • Improve Audio Fixes and noise cancelation profiles
    • Enable 5G HotSpot on all countries
    • Supress CIDManager (SimCard Changed) Reboot request fully
    • Fix Optimizing loop on Note devices
    • Include new camera patch to fix both random crash and green video issues
    • Patch Libc to fix FORTIFY: FATAL errors caused by double mutex locks
    • Fix Microphone issues when recording / calls
    • Fix S-PEN AirCommand on Note devices
    • Fix Knox WorkProfile (for MDM Apps / Island etc)
    • Fix issues with DolbyAtoms in games (And add Dolby Gaming profile
    • Improve 3rdparty volume control Fix to be more stable
    • More Fixes for Charging / overnight crash issues
    • Other various misc changes/fixes from my N8 Q Project
    • Fix an issue that Prevented setting custom IP/DNS etc for wifi
    • Show VoLTE indicator in statusbar for all VoLTE supported countries

Kernel
    • CronosKernel V6.0
    • Updated OSRC to N935KKKU4CTH1
    • Remove WiFi wakelock mods that caused issues
    • Hide isolatedProcess Service to let more apps pass safetyNet
    • Restore stock inputBooster setting
    • Restore Argos Network booster
    • Revert Mods in Mobicore driver that casued issues
    • Changes to DVFS min/max to improve power consumption
    • Reduce DVFS Boost Frequency
    • Remove and reduce binder tracing/logging
    • Limit CPU Idle during Video playback
    • caching improvment in binder
    • Other misc changes for fs, spinlock

Floyd 4.0 - 08.30.2020

• Updated and Rebased to G965FXXSBETH1 August Security Patch
    • Re-did OMC and switched to proper OXM package
    • Integrated only XID/KTC/ZTO/FMC along side the stock OXM list
    • Fix PREV OMC and use it by default
    • Remove broken OMC apk that caused V3 issues when setting features
    • Disable FactoryReset pop-ups for some when changing CSCs / SIMs
    • Update GoodLock suite to latest + include corsicanu's updated manager
    • Replace outdated YoutubeVanced with latest VancedManager (Refer to F.A.Q)
    • Fixed SecureStorage With a specialized HACK for outdated Keystore
    • Fixed WorkProfile / Custom OS detection (Apps that need it should work now)
    • Fixed a bug that caused McRegistry/Keystore to spam all the time
    • Fully Killed Vaultkeeper Which caused sleep and performance issues
    • Ramdisk Fix-up and cleanup
    • Added some patches for offline charging and mismatch issues (experimental)
    • Updated Audio Cancelation configs to help with echo (NXP Profile)
    • Fix Bixby settings FC
    • Add Rounded UI support in aroma
    • Removed some left over bloat and HALs
    • Fix cameraserver nullptr crash when running/switching the camera
    • Fix App lag when attaching (And it tries to grab the camera) in Telegram, Whatsapp etc
    • Fix Camera FDSan crash (no camera till you reboot) thanks @Ivan_Meler
    • Google Live Captions support (Thanks @AlexisXDA)
    • Add Support for N930X (Note 7 Bomb Edition)
    • Add Note 7 TypeC USB HAL to avoid connectivity/Charging issues
    • Add Note 7 S-PEN Framework and APKs (Still no AirCommand)
    • Fix Note 7 SmartView issues
    • Remove bugged RandomMac
    • Improve WiFi Stability on some murata/semco chips
    • Move AR Stickers to Bloat (Saves ~80MB)
    • Add back Extra QS toggles option in Aroma

CronosKernel V5.5
    • Note 7 (Bomb Edition) Support with MM Bootloader
    • Remove More excessive logging and disable SOFT_LOCK_UP
    • Reduced WiFi Wakelocks by default
    • Removed Knox NCM Driver (Bloat)
    • Disable security/audit at the kernel level
    • Switch to WestWood TCP by default
    • Disable GPU HMP Boosting as its wasteful
    • Overall improved UI Performance / Doze

Floyd 3.0 - 07.20.2020

• Updated and Rebased to G965FXXUAETG3 July Patch with OneUI 2.1 Base
    • Includes all the software fixes and updates from OneUI 2.1
    • Improved and simplified Most fixes to cause less issues
    • Full Keylight support
    • Integrated all previous mods, Fixes And Aroma features
    • Added MemorySaver Yuva Feature
    • Re-did Audio one more time with new configs
    • Fixed Notification LED hiccups
    • Fix BeautyMode Color, Jawline, Eyes adjustment
    • Remove unsupported camera effects to save space
    • Remove SNAPHAL which we dont support to save space
    • Add S20 HoneyBoard
    • Improve WiFi Stability by Fixing Bluetooth Firmware issues
    • Include unreleased V2.1 Changes and fixes
    • Enable AR Emojis (Not Create my emoji)
    • Make knox apps installed by default for Move2SD support (and make it more clear in aroma)
    • Remove "Extra CSC Toggles" which resets the order of toggles every boot
    • Disable Encryption to prevent broken data when switching to some kernels
    • Fixed inability to change photo resolution in camera
    • Updated ODM Package and re-merged all previous countries
    • Use Stock RAM Configs to help with background apps
    • Fixed an issue setting default OMC
    • Added FloydV1 OMC Behaviour. which might mitigate CidManager issue for some
    • Fixed CallDetails / Blocking Issues

CronosKernel V5.0
    • Switched compiler back to GCC 4.9 (Instead of Linaro)
    • Revert to Oreo battery driver to reduce battery issues
    • Add battery swelling/health Data from stock
    • Disable STORE_MODE due to creating issues with charging rate
    • Fix Note 7 FE 70% Charge capacity
    • Disable broken touch gestures on Note 7 FE
    • Backport Latest ION driver from Exynos7870
    • Backport Latest Binder Driver from Exynos7870
    • Enabled updated Watchdog and DEBUG_INIT_EXIT_PANIC
    • Enabled misc Android Q configs
    • Reverted WiFi argos changes that caused instability and reduced download speeds on big files

Floyd v2.0 - 06.20.2020

Base Changes
    - Updated and Rebased to G965FXXS9DTD7 May Patch
    - Updated 8890 Blobs to N935FXXS7CTE1
    - Very Experimental Note 7 FE Support
    - Re-did the entire Rom from scratch with revised fixes
    - Slightly debloated the base
    - Fixed Base issues such as infinity wallpapers
    - Added new OMC package with upto ~170 Countries (including US/CA/KOR/ZTO,XID,ARO and much more)
    - Re-did and updated the vendor overlay
    - Updated and removed some of the bloatware in Aroma
    - Disable formatting cache to EXT4 on setup (and wipe it instead)
    - Disable unsupported Dual LTE
    - Add Hack to enable touchKey vibration
    - Clean-up unused S9 HALs and libs
    - Add a more stable Camera service
    - Fix magisk on Full permissive Kernels
    - Add Dolby on speaker
    - Remove LiveFocus fully
    - Fix AREmojis
    - Add LongPress Reboot to Recovery (Thanks @corsicanu)
    - update F2FS Mount flags (Thanks @diepquynh)
    - Improved WiFi Stability (Thanks @Ivan_Meler
    - Fixes for Tethering
    - Disable Broken FP Gestures from affecting system
    - Set both cameras to use 9:16 aspect ratio by default
    - Add GearVR Services (Thanks @zaper4life)
    - Remove unsupported MyEmoji maker (Due to size constraints)
    - Added front camera flash
    - Added camera burst shot
    - Add Oneui 2.1 keyboard (HoneyBoard thanks @Random-Tester)
    - Add prop improvements(Thanks @Random-Tester)
    - Camera shutter with heartrate sensor (Works 50% of the time)
    - Improvments and fixes to OMX and video playback/recording

Fixes
    - Fixed Power profiles to reduce Heat and power draw
    - Fix CPU Frequency scaling getting stuck
    - updated and fixed issues with memtrack and Power HALs
    - Added Vulkan Support
    - Fixed a bug that caused charging to stall in some scenarios
    - Fixed issues that broke FastCharging
    - Fixed a bug that prevented apps from being moved to SDCard
    - Update more HALs to Q blobs
    - Remove broken samsung camera watermark
    - Fix Flashlight intensity sliders
    - Fix BeautyMode FC
    - Add samsung Camera quick lunch (Double press Power button)
    - Fix a buffer crash when using Camera to reduce its Lag
    - Make camera more stable when using 3rd party apps
    - Fix Seperate Sounds feature
    - Fix Bixby Vision
    - Update and fix BixbyVoice (Read F.A.Q for setup)
    - Fix a BUG that caused flashlight to remain on in some scenarios
    - Re-Worked Audio from scratch and Fixed various issues with Gain and Bass
    - Fixed an Audio bug that caused the phone to get muted randomly
    - Fixed Loud charging notification noise
    - Fixed NFC
    - Fixed Smart Cases being inverted
    - Fixed Broken touch with S-View case
    - Fixed Various issues with installation
    - Fix S-Protect FC
    - Fix Edge quicktools height issues
    - Various other fixes and improvments
    - Fix SlowMotion
    - Fix Lag/delay when opening security/biometrics
    - Fixed camera aspect ratio changing

Aroma
    - Updated Wipe and mount scripts to work on Any TWRP
    - Add new Floyd Boot Animations
    - Add new CSC options
    - Add S10 Sounds
    - Update AdAway
    - Update Fonts and emojis
    - Add an option to remove all KNOX Apps
    - Add an option to install custom emojis system-wide (For notifs etc)
    - Update GoodLock Apps and add HomeUP
    - Updated CSC installation script to avoid issues were it gets stuck
    - Update most of the ROM scripts to make the installation faster
    - Add back BixbyVision in bloat
    - Various other minor changes

CronosKernel
    - Update to CronosKernel V4.0
    - Removed LZ4 Broken support (Revert to stock lzo)
    - Remove certain battery wakelock control
    - Updated NFC driver for V2.0 (for future fixes)
    - Revert custom MM values back to stock
    - Disabled problematic Armv8.1 features
    - Enabled XT_TARGET_CT (Tethering fixes)
    - Removed NFC Wakelock control
    - More reverts to custom RAM/LZ4
    - Fixed smart covers on Q ROMs
    - Fixed NFC on Q ROMs
    - Disable a ton of wasteful debugging
    - Update interactive governor with S9 fixes / improvements (Thanks @nalasTS)
    - Let the CPU prefer to use lower Frequencies when high ones are not needed
    - Re-Tune Samsung input booster to be less aggressive
    - Disable hmp_boost from Argos / interactive Driver
    - Slightly improve touch response
    - Disable GPU little cores forced boosting (Reduce heat)
    - Fully disable GPU DVFS From the kernel level
    - Added HeliosScripts from pie
    - Added system & vendor etc/init.d support

Floyd v1.0 - 04.20.2020

- Initial Release
    NkmZlIty-90hHrpYvYv6AbZV0ELa6BkqJkpM-p5IQrcSdMUzm9FSxjkDmfoWZAd3FmqTDS1wSyLffeCg6IvoBo29Z65iC1p-CVyAP8Gq0MQD-3hDP4jwS4OUKA4b6_nOkXQFNIke2w=w2400

Read this F.A.Q While the rom is Downloading.

NOTES :

- After installation, leave your phone to build and optimize caches. which can take upto 15 minutes on clean flash. your phone will be HOT at this stage. If DirtyFlashing, it can take upto 30mins

- Clean flash is always recommended to avoid issues especially with this release! if you faced weird issues/blackscreens/freezes a clean flash is recommended without smartswitch / samsungcloud restore

- Encryption instructions can be found above in the INSTALL STEPS SECTION

V8.0 Related F.A.Q :

Q : Should i use Enforcing ? What is it ? How to enable it ?

A :
    - Selinux Enforcing can be enable by ticking ENFORCING option in AROMA installer
    - Enforcing provides much more security and restrictions to android processes
    - Enforcing will allow you to bypass MOST root detection and will allow many Banking apps to work again
    - If you want to use ROOT + Enforcing You now have the option to use KernelSU which evades most detections, and is the recommended way to root
    - Enforcing ONLY works in the included Cronos Kernel, and will be disabled if you change kernels

Q : Should i use Encryption ? How ?
    A :
    - Encryption is the strongest layer of security on modern devices, and especially on custom ROMs
    - Internal Storage / Data partition will be blocked off from external access via TWRP
    - The only way to un-encrypt the device would be by formatting internal storage, losing all data on it
    - Encryption is standard on stock, and we usually disable it to flash custom ROMs, however with Floyd V8 you can have your cake and eat it too

- Encryption means if you brick your ROM, and a dirty flash did not fix it and it required a data wipe, your data will be gone!

Encryption Guide :

• back up your internal storage, encryption will complexly format it
    • After the ROM has been flashed, Format Data in My TWRP_3.7 as show in the image below

[*]
      photo_2023-10-19_22-10-33-jpg.6023132

[*]
    • Flash FloydQ_Encryption.zip found in the download section
    • Reboot > System, Your phone will now boot to setup wizard, fully encrypted and secure!
    • Note : Encryption means you will NOT be able to access DATA or InternalStorage in TWRP at all! if you wish to do that you have to perform the same format step, erasing all data on the device
    • If for any reason you brick the ROM installation, and a dirty flash does not fix it, your DATA will be gone!
    • Whenever you re-flash FloydROM while data is encrypted, you MUST flash FloydQ_Encryption otherwise you wont be able to boot into the encrypted data

Q : Note 7 Iris ?
    A :
    - Iris can be registered and enabled on Note 7 However it is still experimental, and is prone to causing a random reboot every few days
    - A test workaround is disabling "Screen on Iris Recognition"
    - In order to have IRIS Flash light torch intensity has been disabled, instead the torch will run at max brightness always

Q : Notes App / Screen off memo not working on note 7
    A : The APP may FC on the first open only, then it will work normally

Q : Games are Laggy/Pix-elated/Stutter/sucks/crashes
    A : Open GameLauncher > Top Left menu > Game Performance > Set Game performance to "Focus on PowerSaving" : Video
    - Disable AUTO UPDATES for GameOptimizingService and GameTools in Galaxy Apps!

Q : Phone is not charging / Discharging while charging
    A : OneUI 2.5 Disables charging if the battery temperature exceeds 42C

Q : How to get Root with KernelSU ?
    A : Make sure you have selected KernelSU in Aroma
    - Then Download KSU Manager 0.7 or newer from here (Press Show All xx Assets then look for .apk)
    - Open KSU App, press on superUser, search for the app you want, tick Superuser

Q : How to get Root With Magisk ?
    A : Download Magisk and follow instructions (V23.0 Is recommended if you root + easy magisk hide. rename .apk to .zip and flash via twrp if your version is old)

Q : SafetyNet ?
    A : The ROM Already contains bypasses and fixes for Safetynet without the need of magisk, however if you root, you must enable HIDE to restore Hiding for many apps

Q : KnoxPatch ?
    A : The ROM Already contains patches needed for Knox, Secure Folder, WorkProfile SHEALTH and any possible to bypass application

V6.0 / V7.0 F.A.Q :

OneUI 2.5 Related Notes
    - These are issues that are caused by OneUI 2.5 , that i have no power over to fix.

1) Google Chrome sutter/freeze : github

2) AllowedDevices list in hotspot : Github

3) goodlock SountAssistant might limit audio : Github

Q : Should i use Enforcing ? What is it ? How to enable it
    A :
    - Selinux Enforcing can be enable by ticking ENFORCING option in AROMA installer
    - Enforcing adds restrictions and does not just allow anything to access anything
    - Enforcing will allow you to bypass MOST root detection and will allow many Banking apps to work again
    - If you want to use ROOT + Enforcing you are likely to need Magisk Hide (magisk v23) / Denylist (V24+) to retain banking apps etc
    - Selinux Enforcing is still "Testing" phase, but it should be stable for now
    - Settings does not show Selinux status, to know status you can type "getenforce" in terminal emulator
    - Enforcing ONLY works in the included Cronos V7.0 Kernel, and will be disabled if you change kernels

Q : Random Audio Muting new workaround
    A : Incase you are still unlucky and get muting, in dialer type *#0*# and press speaker. this will restore your audio without rebooting

Q : Heavy battery usage / Drain
    A : A recommendation i mentioned in my group (aside from boring calibration) is to charge your phone while its powered off multiple times.
    I.e whenever possible, charge your phone to 100 when its turned off.
    on oneui 2+ for some reason the battery charges from ~90 to 95% only, like there is a gap, which sometimes go as far as to 85% (system says 100% but if you charge offline it will be less than 100%)
    i started doing that recently and SOT on my S7 went from barley hitting 3 to hitting over 4 hours sometimes (with light usage tho)
    more info on the bug here https://github.com/ananjaser1211/FloydQ_Reports/issues/196 , i have not found a way to fix it yet

Q : phone crashes overnight (Green LED only)
    A : There is no 100% method that works out of the box for "Everyone" However using the device for a day or two usually eliminates the issue fully. other workarounds include limiting charging capacity to 99% as shown below
    - To recover from this crash, long press volume down and power for 10 seconds until the phone reboots
    - This issue mostly happens on fresh clean installs, and goes away after few days of usage
    - Having AOD or ScreenSaver might reduce the issue (in my case it did)
    - Best suggestion is to either Not charge overnight for the first few days of the installation, or charge the phone while its powered off
    - limiting charging capacity to 99% seems to be the best option if you want a fix right away, you can do that by using MagiskModule ACC (adaptive charging controller) module + Its config app

Q : GCAM Support?
    A : You have to use Android Q compatible GCAM Otherwise it will be stuck at processing, This version of UnixCamera by @mark199850 is supported. install it then go into camera settings and restart the gcam app

Q : How to Adjust/Disable level of touch key vibration ?
    A : Go to settings > Sound and vibration > Vibration Intensity > Increase or decrease Touch Interaction (lowest will disable vibration)

Q : How to Disable keylight without enabling PowerSaving ?
    A : Use this app to configure key light time out settings GalaxyButtons

Q : Does this support X?
    A : This ROM supports All Exynos8890 devices (S7/S7E Note7 and Note7FE) and does not support Snapdragon models

Q : I have Symlinks error / Rom wont go past splash
    A : As the AROMA Told you, don't pick all the bloat. and use default settings if you don't know otherwise
    A : If you previously installed Treble, and did not flash revert, Now is a good time. Your system might be too small

Q : Device is running too hot
    A : If it was just set-up, Give it time and make sure everything is up-to-date.

Q : What to do after the rom is setup ?
    A : Go to samsung apps, let the phone update everything except game booster

Q : My phone does NOT boot help pls
    A : Ensure you have LATEST bootloader and modem installed, did all the wipes, and did your house chores.
    Addons, Fixes and other msic stuff will be posted here when needed

1) FloydQ Encryption Support : AFH | GDrive
    - PLEASE read the Notes on how to use

2) FloydQ SafetyNet Patch 2023-12-31
    - A more permanent* Safetynet Fix, this uses unpopular and uncommon device information that should be hard to ban by google
    - This will work as long as people don't spam Integrity tests
    - Restore Google Pay
    - Restore DEVICE_INTEGRITY
    > Download : XDA

3) FloydQ CronosKernel V8.1 KernelSU update
    - Update KernelSU to 0.7.2 / 11414

4) FloydQ V8 Gaming patches
    - View the github issue page to understand more

Download : XDA

Quick Guides and Notes
    These are the Notes in our Telegram Group, i will update it them when required

How to DirtyFlash properly / Update from a version to another

Note : Do this ONLY if i did not mention to CLEAN FLASH

1) Take a TWRP backup for all your partitions (just to be safe)
    2) Wipe SYSTEM , Cache and Dalvik-cache
    3) Flash the ROM.zip
    4) In Aroma, select "No Wipe"
    5) Select your features

Once the ROM finishes flashing, let it boot and leave the phone for ~30Mins to boot up and rebuild caches and "Upgrade"

You will notice that it will say Updating after it boots if you came from V2>V3 or V3>V4 And so on, Just leave it optimize

Warning : Your phone WILL get hot while dirty flashing and doing the Boot / optimization. so leave it rest

How to Restore EFS from a ROM Generated Backup

This only concerns Floyd and BlackDiamond ROM users. As while installing the ROM, it will automatically Create a binary Backup of your EFS Partition

Note : The EFS.img backup gets replaced everytime you flash the ROM, so be sure NOT to flash the ROM when your EFS is broken, as it will delete your old save

EFS backups are located at internal memory / EFSBackup/efs.img

How to Restore EFS Image Backups

Method 1 Using a PC (Recommended)

1) Download loggingKit on your computer

2) Extract it to a folder and press shift + right click mouse button > open powershell window here

3) Connect your phone while its in TWRP

4) in your power shell window type these commands

./adb shell

dd if=/data/media/0/EFSBackup/efs.img of=/dev/block/platform/155a0000.ufs/by-name/EFS

5) Your EFS Should be restored to the state it was in before you flashed the ROM

Method 2 Using TWRP

1) Go to TWRP > Advanced > Terminal
    2) Type the following command
    dd if=/data/media/0/EFSBackup/efs.img of=/dev/block/platform/155a0000.ufs/by-name/EFS

How to setup F2FS for Userdata

1) Download an F2FS Ready TWRP (My TWRP)
    2) Flash the TWRP.img or .ZIP within TWRP, if you are flashing moro, just flash it as a normal ZIP, if you are flashing my image, got to flash > press flash IMG > select my recovery.img > select Recovery Partition
    3) Reboot back into TWRP after flashing the new TWRP (very important)
    4) Wipe > advanced wipe > Data > CHANGE > F2FS (Your entire internal storage will be wiped out! this includes ALL data on the device, take a backup)
    5) Reboot and you will have DATA as F2FS
    4) Repeat the same step for CACHE

Warning : DO NOT format system to F2FS, as booting from it is not supported
    Warning : F2FS Does not support encryption!

V7.0 Patches

1) [Critical] HOTFIX : Download

2) Floyd V7.0 WorkProfile/Knox WorkProfile Fix

Optional, flash if you need WorkProfile or to use island app

Download : Github

3) Floyd V7.0 Aug 2022 Samsung GPS Critical update

This is an update that rolled out for multiple samsung devices to fix 10-BIT Rollover GPS issues, for more information read here

TLDR; This improves GPS accuracy and speed

V6.0 Patches

1) USSD Codes support (#0#) and QHD 60FPS Video recording + Removed 5 Minute recording limit in Samsung Camera

For S7/S7E/N7/N7FE

Thanks @Cvolton for the Camera MODs

2) Emoji Packs
    These are updated Emoji packages suitable for OneUI 2.5 . this will resolve the black boxes error seen in the keyboard when picking an emoji pack in aroma. Thanks to @FiestaLake for updating the emoji files and packing them up. download and flash the zip of the emoji pack you want

Thanks @FiestaLake

3) 3rd Party call volume

This patch is similar to the one from V4 minus some stuff, i am not sure why it is still required as 3rd party volume was resolved. but some people still face volume changing issues.
    This will fix the volume slider in whatsapp and so on. simply flash it in twrp

Download :
    Github

Avoid This patch, it is causing other audio issues, to resolve 3rd party call volume change, follow this workaround : Github

V4.0 Patches (Not needed on V5)

V4.0 Patches (Updated Aug 31 , 2020)

1) Volume changing in 3rd party calls (Such as whatsApp , Imo) When reducing Volume it remains loud. This patch fixes that issue and might help to reduce or eliminate the Audio Muting bug (Still needs long term testing)

For S7/S7E/N7/N7FE

Thanks @brkbsrn and @merdan85 for testing

2) Optimizing Apps screen showing every time you reboot the device on the note7. this fixes that issue, after installing it should no longer show optimizing every boot, if it still does that, wipe dalvik-cache and cache and let it rebuild them one last time. it will stop showing optimizing

For Note7 and Note7FE only, not required on S7/S7E

3) Enable AR Stickers. I made a mistake in the installation script that does not let AR Stickers show up in camera. Flash this patch only if you selected AR stickers

For S7/S7E/N7/N7FE

UPDATE SEPT 1 : ARStickerPack patch has been updated, to include the APKs since some forget to pick it up in aroma.
    also might have fixed a logic issue that caused install issues on some twrps

4) 1120 Fonts Pack When installing BOTH google fonts and samsung 1120 font pack, both stop showing up.
    this is due to both font packs being based on the same package name

For S7/S7E/N7/N7FE

5) 5G Wireless hotspot
    This patch will enable 5G Hotspot again, regardless of what country your CSC is using. Samsung locked this for some reason in the most recent ODM update. i don't know if its a mistake on their part or what. Regardless, the bypass is enough to get it back and running

P.S : This will hide IRIS from the note 7 devices, it does not work anyway so its not a big deal for now.

For S7/S7E/N7/N7FE

Thanks isbon007 for finding the BUG, and testing the fix

V2.0 Patches (Not needed on V3/V4)

1) CronosKernel V4.5 [Critical] : Release Page

V1.0 Patches (Do not Flash on V2.0)

Patch 1 : Wifi Improvements

This fixes issues caused by Bluetooth Low Energy constant scanning that breaks WiFi
    For more details and download : Here

Patch 2 : Audio Improvments

This Fixes a ton of issues with Audio, Audio quality, and so on

Patch 3 : Kernel Update

This has important changes in order to test the frequency of overnight charging bug and ram issues
    Enjoy this rom everyone, its been long time coming.

Have fun!