Got my Tab yesterday...

Search This thread

ldeora

Oct 16, 2010
... and I have to say that I'm very happy with it!

It's kind of funny because it's just a larger version of the Galaxy S i9000 but also better in any respect. Froyo feels way better than Eclair and I can't feel any lags. I think this device is exactly what I ever wanted: something in between a smart phone and a netbook or laptop. There is no need to carry my laptop or my i9000 around in most cases.

Andi

patomas

Mar 2, 2007
Firmware

... and I have to say that I'm very happy with it!

It's kind of funny because it's just a larger version of the Galaxy S i9000 but also better in any respect. Froyo feels way better than Eclair and I can't feel any lags. I think this device is exactly what I ever wanted: something in between a smart phone and a netbook or laptop. There is no need to carry my laptop or my i9000 around in most cases.

Andi

Which firmware version do you have (I will edit the post with my version, I don't have my Galaxy here, it is anyway the more recent of the list of the apposite post)? I'm very happy with my TAB, BUT I'm looking forward for some lag fix (browser, scrolling, quadrant 960...). I'm tempted of trying a Galaxy S one...

mp1405

Oct 12, 2007
I am very happy, too and i send back my WeTab. ;-)))

2.2, p1000xxjid, 2.6.32.9, froyo.xxjid

running 6:13:45 and 35% accu left :))))))))

Last edited:

ranblv

Apr 18, 2010
Got mine today also, One thing that really bugged me was the custom port to the charger instead of a micro USB port.
without that one stupid cable the whole tablet is dead, why make a propriety cable?
Other than that its amazing.

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Got mine today also, One thing that really bugged me was the custom port to the charger instead of a micro USB port.
without that one stupid cable the whole tablet is dead, why make a propriety cable?

Anyone knows where can I find such a cable to buy as spare?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

cheezusweezel

Nov 14, 2009
Pfalz

I think a standard-usb-port can't load the 4400mAh battery successfully ... :eek:

oka1

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Wonder when we will see it here in USA

Wonder when we will see it here in USA Not out yet supposed to be but I have not seen it yet

cheezusweezel

Nov 14, 2009
Pfalz
It's not a guess, it's a fact. It's not (or needs too much time) possible to charge via USB with a battery-capacity like 4400mAh.
Sounds silly, but that's what SAMSUNG said. Whatever ... :D

Last edited:

chmon

Feb 24, 2010
www.moerico.ch
received my tab today....
after 120 min of fun I killed the new tab with latest firmware....
after flashing error I spent 5h try to fix it.... no way 'til now :mad:

the most expensive 2h since a long time. :rolleyes:

chowdarygm

Sep 4, 2009
Chicago, IL
received my tab today....
after 120 min of fun I killed the new tab with latest firmware....
after flashing error I spent 5h try to fix it.... no way 'til now :mad:

the most expensive 2h since a long time. :rolleyes:

i have done the same thing but was able to recover the tab by flashing this

P1000XXJID ## 816.PIT Version 2.2 2010 September

did you try this?

chmon

Feb 24, 2010
www.moerico.ch
i have done the same thing but was able to recover the tab by flashing this

P1000XXJID ## 816.PIT Version 2.2 2010 September

did you try this?

the combination XXJID and 816.pit wasthe only one working without odin error while flashing....
unfortunately after rebbot the tab crashs @boot sequence, in detail @thesamsung logo... no way to spin that off...

will try the JHA tomorrow....
any other idea?

Last edited by a moderator:

StuRoid

Jun 13, 2010
London
I can't remember if it was a video or something I read but I remember a Samsung rep giving the reason for the prorietary(sp) charging port is to facilitate for charging the Tab faster...

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
the combination XXJID and 816.pit wasthe only one working without odin error while flashing....
unfortunately after rebbot the tab crashs @boot sequence, in detail @thesamsung logo... no way to spin that off...

will try the JHA tomorrow....
any other idea?

ONLY JHA is a full firmware. all the other firmwares on samfirwmare.com do not contain the dbdata.rfs file so they are not full firmwares.
if you bricked, first flash JHA with repartition and then flash newwer firmwares without repartition.

chmon

Feb 24, 2010
www.moerico.ch
ONLY JHA is a full firmware. all the other firmwares on samfirwmare.com do not contain the dbdata.rfs file so they are not full firmwares.
if you bricked, first flash JHA with repartition and then flash newwer firmwares without repartition.

and how do I have to flash the samfirmware "updates"? I always get the RED ERROR in ordin..... (pit file? repart? )

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
If you were able to flash JHA (with PIT and repartition) then you should be able to flash to JI5 or JID without PIT and repartition.

I am on XXJI5 and was able to flash to JID without PIT or repartition and then flash back to XXJI5.

again, since currently only JHA has the dbdata.rfs file in it, it is the only firmware we have that can be flash with repartition selected.
If you check reparation and try to flash a firmware that does not have the dbdata.rfs file the device won't boot.

Top Liked Posts