Yahoo Messanger with video! Download from this thread now!!!

Search This thread

iamfender

Aug 18, 2010
I keep getting "Download unsuccessful: No application can be found to open this file."

Other non-market apks install just fine.

matthewjulian

Apr 7, 2010
Arlington
Ok, I just want to say one more time to be clear, you have to use both files, just installing the video add on will not work :)

Sent from my White Evo 4G

shalea

Oct 19, 2010
Ok guys, I know I have been pissed that iCrap:mad: got this first, well I downloaded the leaked MyTouch rom today for the sole purpose of grabing this...and it WORKS GREAT!!:D
I haven't got the video from Evo to Mac working yet(im sure i am missing something simple), but the Evo to Evo works great, better than Tango/Qik/Fring. It has video and audio at the same time(cough..Qik...cough) and works well over 3G, wife and I have been playing calling each other from the next room:p

So if you wanted it and good 'ol Steve J. pissed you off here it is:cool:

Oh, make sure you install both, just the add on for video and voice with the current version of messenger on the market WILL NOT WORK, and before anyone screams warez!! this IS free.

Hello all...Noo-B here. I d/l the 2 files but was unable to launch them. I get an error message - "Download unsuccessful. No application can be found to open this file." But when I go into my downloaded files, it states "download complete" next to both files. I previously d/l'ed the AttachAPKInstaller.

What am I doing wrong?? :confused:

Thanks for all of your help in advance.

cheapskate88

Aug 27, 2010
Washington, DC
Thanks for the hard work OP! I've been waiting for a Evo-to-PC option for a while.

Let us know if you figure out a way to get it to work on a Mac or hear any news regarding a fix, please!

Thanks again!

benwhite

Sep 15, 2009
Columbus, OH
Just tried this from my Samsung Vibrant with Front Facing Camera (FFC) to my wife's PC.
It worked great, except I could not get yahoo messenger to use my FFC. I noticed a flip button, but it was greyed out. Not sure if that is how your suppose to get the FFC to work. It could very well be that the software does not recognize my phone as having a FFC. Any thoughts?

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA
On my Epic, it will dial out, and I can see myself on the front facing camera. On the other end once you accept the call, the Epic still keeps on dialing. They never really connect.

mkampy

Jun 1, 2010
OP

May I assume you will post here when EVO to Mac Book Pro is working?

Side question, if using Yahoo web messenger on MBP will that work to EVO ?

* OK, I just looked, and no the web app does not offer video...

Last edited:

skyheli

May 31, 2007
Working Great on EVO........ Thanks !!!! wonderful EVO to PC solution... Take that Fring and Qik........

kollock

Jul 15, 2010
Tested last night between Captivate and EVO, and Captivate and Win7 PC. Worked wonderfully. Sadly, 3G was a little worse than I expected... but wifi was glowing.

If yahoo can do this as a program, think about what Google can do if they build something like this into ginger framework :>

cymcyms

Aug 13, 2010
tested it and works perfectly!

I just installed both files (apk) and got this function to work on my HTC Incredible (VZW).

Very cool stuff (even if the Incredible only has a back facing camera). Waiting to get my dad to install on his Incredible to see if device to device works. I could both invite and accept invites to video chat on my Incredible. I was connected via 3G and the connection looked like any other webcam would (not high quality but still clear enough to read text).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Question... Does it still work the same if you move the Voice and Video Add-on to the SD Card, since it takes up 24MB of space??

I had plenty of space so I didn't try that, give me a few min. and I will give its shot and report back...
    Edit: I can confirm it working after move to SD card with no quality or speed loss :-D
    Sent from my White Evo 4G