New firmware v2.0.71 :)

Search This thread

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
I am scoring 1620 on quadrant on my archos 43 android tablet not bad i need root so i can mess with build.prop and change lcd density and catch and othe hacks that will increase quadrant score hope to get root soon.

Rijal

Apr 8, 2010
Thanks sublimejosh, thats exactly what i ended up doing. Working much better now. Wouldn't classify the performance as flying, but much more stable and no FCs. I have needed a restart now and then as it hangs every so often, and launcher takes a while to load. Going to try adw and see if that helps.

Last edited:

WillWord

Dec 15, 2010
Battery Drains

Updated to latest Foyo firmware v2.0.71 previously had no issues, now the following is happening

Not always wakes from sleep (if left for over 1 hour)
Battery drains overnight!!

Archos 70, I have tried it on the top two power settings problem persists, checked for misbehaving apps (watchdog Lite) no offenders. Had 44% battery last night zero this morning. plug in power cord reboots and charges ok, any solutions or do I RMA it?

Thanks

pwhooftman

Jun 23, 2008
Updated to latest Foyo firmware v2.0.71 previously had no issues, now the following is happening

Archos 70, I have tried it on the top two power settings problem persists, checked for misbehaving apps (watchdog Lite) no offenders. Had 44% battery last night zero this morning. plug in power cord reboots and charges ok, any solutions or do I RMA it?

Thanks

I experience exactly the same thing on my 101. It's firmwar erelated, so i'm sure it will be fixed. In the morning, I have to press the power button 10 seconds to turn the Archos totally off (that makes the green led starts to glow after 10 secs). Then i am able to boot the Archos again.

Also currently tracking battery drainage with SystemPanelApp. CPU load is floating around 10% all night, 1-3% is normal. Currently im suspecting the email app (was a battery drainer on Froyo on almost all devices, also keeping CPU pegged at 10%)), i've set it to Never retrieve mail for now.

Edit: it's not the email app. I rebootted the 101 this morning 8:00 Am without changing email settings, and CPU load was 1-2% up until this moment. Something else is causing it. Unfortunately, SystemPanel shows it was "system processes". That doesn't desgnate the real offender, because "system processes" is just serving what another app is asking. So, the quest continues...

Last edited:

sondeu

Oct 31, 2008
Stuttgart
good update, everything running fast! I really like it BUT my Archos is rebooting every few minutes when in "standby" (short press power button)

DaMan

Feb 8, 2005
Does anybody know how to connect with wireless N instead of G.
My router is enabled for G and N on channel 8
Streaming speed is very low with wirelsss G, movies tend to lag a lot.

z06mike

Sep 16, 2010

Thanks

When you put it to "sleep" are you just tapping the power button or are you using the deep sleep feature? If you use the deep sleep, your battery should remain just where you left it. If you just push the power button, it will continue to drain.

e4xda

May 28, 2009
Does anybody know how to connect with wireless N instead of G.
My router is enabled for G and N on channel 8
Streaming speed is very low with wirelsss G, movies tend to lag a lot.

I'm seeing the same behavior with my A101 - it will not connect to my router at any speed greater than 54mbps. My Nexus One and my eeePC both connect at greater than 100mbps (depending on the distance to the router) so I'm assuming my router configuration is ok. There isn't a whole lot you we can do with the settings on the A101 so I think we're playing the waiting game with Archos.

Another point - I switched my router to N only mode and the A101 could not connect to the router. Kept trying to obtain an ip but never actually did. I'm beginning to wonder if they actually put an N radio in it...

richdaley

Jun 3, 2010
Mine too but it doesn't always seem like a full reboot. It shows the Archos boot screen for 5-10 seconds and then comes back to the home screen.

Other than that, it runs fast with no more freezing.

ArchosGamer

Dec 3, 2010
standby bug

good update, everything running fast! I really like it BUT my Archos is rebooting every few minutes when in "standby" (short press power button)

Someone recently put out the theory that he/she thought it was only occuring when the system has both wifi and bluetooth enabled when the system enters standby. If that's the case then you may see the issue subside by disabling one or the other.

Reactions: richdaley

richdaley

Jun 3, 2010
Thanks ArchosGamer...that seems possible. I usually have both running. I will disable bluetooth and see if it helps.

madsquabbles

Jan 31, 2009
Someone recently put out the theory that he/she thought it was only occuring when the system has both wifi and bluetooth enabled when the system enters standby. If that's the case then you may see the issue subside by disabling one or the other.

mine has done it twice and i've never even used bluetooth.

the system it tons slower than when i had x.x.54 with auto memory manager. i used t be able to have 3 tabs open and stream a naughty video and return back to my tabs with no problems. now if i have 2 tabs open xscope close after launching the video and relaunches up on returning. even killing everything before surfing it still does it.

on the bright side ntfs support is very nice! i gave up root for that feature alone. since i have a galaxy s, nookcolor and ipad for better web browsing the slow down isn't really much an issue. the primary use for the 101 is the multimedia functions and the last update made it even better for my use.

W208er

Oct 31, 2008
hi newbie here, i just bought A70 and use eclair which is preety fast for me compared with my friend's A101 with froyo (054 ver i think). then this morning i update to 2.0.71 and i do benchmark with quadrant and the result is magnificient, more than 1300 (before only 800 with eclair), but in fact, when i'm browsing using the standart browser or dolphin browser or doing anything, i feel it is a lot slower and laggy compared with my previous eclair (i set to overdrive already) am i missing something?

i saw on my notification, it is always doing "updating photo thumbnails", is it cause my a70 slow?

thanks b4

fzelle

Mar 19, 2006
@W208er:
After the update the gallerie has to reindex all the thumbnails.
Until this is done, the system is a littlebit slow.

Just let it do it's work, and after that it will run.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://update.archos.com/8/gen8/changes_firmware_archos_android_gen8.htm

Version 2.0.71 - December 16th, 2010

- Wi-Fi: fix Wi-Fi stuck after a while when using WPA2/AES encryption mode
    - Wi-Fi: fix cannot connect on channels above 11 due to wrong default regulation domain
    - Power management: for A43/A70/A101 add a setting in about device to allow 3 levels of power management. Overdrive that allows CPU max frequency to be 1GHz with ondemand governor, optimal that brings CPU max frequency to 800MHz with ondemand governor and powersave that set CPU max frequency to 800MHz with conservative governor
    - Indexing: faster rescan is now achieved at USB disconnect
    - Storage: SDCard now supports NTFS (read only) and EXT3
    - Storage: fix sdcard not recognized sometimes when swapping different cards brands
    - Video: fix subtitles on A101
    - Network shares: enhance scanning speed
    - Network shares: handle the case where a server shares are not visible if not authenticated
    - Network shares: allow in wireless settings to define manually a server authentication details
    - Network shares: reload samba and UPnP services when switching between access points without disconnecting
    - Audio: a silent mode (Global Mute) has been enabled in the power button menu. It will impact all streams except alarms in case one select alarms sound always on in alarm settings
    - Application: appslib is now reinstalled after an Android device reset
    - Application: fix quadrant CPU benchmark
    - Power: fix shutdown sometimes happening on short power button press
    - Internationalization: support for Korean codepage tags and subtitles
    - Multimedia: use smaller memory footprint for decoding H264 SD
    - Memory management: achieve more progressive kill in low memory situation
    - Boot: fix deadlock happening sometimes preventing device to complete boot

Download here
    http://update.archos.com/8/gen8/gen8_2.0.71/firmware_archos_android_gen8.aos
    For those that love Quadrant scores: 1331 just below Nexus One 2.2+ :D
    Updated now z4root wont work