Updated: Reverting back to the AT&T or HTC ROM and SPL for Warranty or return

Search This thread

samstables

Dec 18, 2007
Westbury
Problem reverting to Orange UK ROM and SPL

Thanks for the easy to follow and comprehensive instructions - saved me a whole lot of time, but it doesn't work for me, trying to revert back to a UK Orange configuration.

I can easily revert to the original ROM and Radio for the Orange UK release, but when following the instructions for idiots, at stage 3 there is no file called RUU_signed.nbh if I extract the ROM zip file. I also tried using WinRar to extract the NBH and exe files, but it won't do either. THe only nbh file I have therefore is the OrangUK.nbh (the only other file is the KaiserCustomRUU.exe file). If I use the NBHExtract as per stage 5 there is no file called 01_SPL.nb - the closest I get is 01_OS.nb

If I follow the rest of the instructions using 01_OS.nb, I get as far as stage 13, it starts to load the new ROM when it gives me the following error:

Error [296]: Upgrade only.

Then it tells me I need a newer NBF file and closes.

I've searched on this error and can't find anything quoting this error number or anything about the Orange ROM being a problem.

Has anyone else done this with the orange ROM? If so, can you send me the final KaiserCustomRUU.exe and RUU_signed.nbh files for me to try.

Thanks

petmix

Feb 19, 2009
No USB

I cant establish USB connection,because once I've tried to push reset button, (but didnt see anything (it was dark in my room)), I put my stylus into the port, so...it is useless now:mad::mad:. Is the only way to reverting back to original rom, is to use USB connection? I can flash the old rom via microSD, but cant use USB for the remaining steps. Isn't there any other way reverting back my SPL:confused:?

Just in case...I know its not a warranty issue (so very likely I must pay for repair:mad:), but who knows?

charanjeet

Jan 12, 2010
Not working...

Hey i have p3400i and i recently patched with olipro. I tried all nights using your idea to change the spl but its not working for me... If there any other idea please post...

MikeMDA

Nov 6, 2006
Stuck on SSPL-KAIS.exe screen

Hi,
When I run SSPL-KAIS.exe on the PDA I get the tri-colour screen but I can not establish a USB connection. If I leave the cable plugged in before I run it it says USB on a white band inside the blue area (not at the bottom in the white area) but the PC cannot talk to the PDA. If I unplug the cable and run SSPL-KAIS it stays stuck on Serial (also half way up the screen) and will not change to USB when I plug the cable in.
Any ideas ? thanks

OK I tried again using JumpSPL1.93-KAIS.exe and it worked this time, it's almost like I have a clue what I'm doing !

Last edited:

himalayasplaya

Aug 5, 2008
D.M.V. (DC-MD-VA)
I need help flashing stock rom onto my phone. I have to use microSD method for flashing because I broke the usb charging port.

I extracted the stock rom to find the nbh file. When I load into bootloader by pressing power, camera button and soft reset key it loads the bootloader but says "USB"(in the bottom of the screen) instead of finding the rom on the sd card.

Ideas?? I need to fix my phone ASAP

Last edited:

teh_admiral

Oct 10, 2009
success!!

like the inspirational reading section said: due diligence! read up and put the pieces together!

i remember distinctly in all chef's instructions to have stock ROM before flashing cooked ROM, so i had to restore OEM OS - this was perfect! page 5 of the forum had someone with my problem - he figured it out and so did i!

now to pick and choose and reinstall!!

Ronnie Denton

May 22, 2008
HI Please can you tell me what files I need or where to get them, to revert my Kaiser to standard form the Micro SD card? The USB port has died............
Thanks
Ronnie (from Darkest Africa)

tayseery

Sep 16, 2008
downgrade spl3.29 to slp1 failed

dear friends i tried to downgrade my kais130 from spl3.29 to spl1 to unlock it but i can make it
so plz if you can help me because my htc gone network lock and i want to unlock it so plz give me the instruction step by step and i apprecaite it.
thks in advance

sadc

Sep 3, 2011
Hct tytn II

Hi everyone.
From nowhere my tytn stoped working and has a three colour screen wich says:

KAIS1*0 MFG
SPL-1.0.OliP0f
CPLD-8

I tried to reset and hard reset but nothing works! what should I do???

HELP!

///M Class

Jun 27, 2007
Can anyone upload these files. I'm looking to restore my AT&T TYTN II (Tilt) to the original factory WM 6.5 rom. It currently has ReBurn V2.0 with the 1.71.09.01 radio.

Top Liked Posts