[Q] Missing Press any key to boot from cd or dvd

Search This thread

z-at-ox

Dec 4, 2011
Moss
Hi!

I was about to install windows 8 64 bit but when the installation hung up I realized that the dvd was corrupt. So I tried turning off my PC, but when that didn't work i turned it of manually. But when I tried again the "press any key to boot from cd or dvd" was missing. After that I tried to boot from BIOS with a windows 7 dvd, but that didn't work either. So now I installed windows 7 through a USB. And when the installation was finished I found out that the CD drive worked fine, I cud use it like nothing was wrong. so it doesn't work on BOOT but in windows it does

So my question is how do I fix this? How do to get the "Press any key to boot from cd or dvd" to come back?

Is this somting That I Can`t fix, are there anny thing wrong with the mother board?

Last edited:

jgruberman

Dec 6, 2011
Dallas
Go into your BIOS settings and disable all of your boot devices except your CD/DVD drive... should be able to force boot to CD/DVD?

VR.gtmini

Oct 8, 2011
Mars
Are U installing on PC or a Tablet, if PC then post it specs.
if Tablet then which one.
Also Search/Google for windows development preview forum and find out ur answer.
Ur problem may be due to corrupt ISO or DVD as i also faced this problem, so downloaded the ISO again and problem solved.
Try running it in Virtual Machine for its integrity if u can.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

apg5031

Nov 7, 2010
instead of booting it from the DVD, why dont you just try it from the Flash Drive?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    seriously... Bring up the boot devices list and select CD/DVD Drive. or use USB if available.
    You can press F11 while starting up to choose boot device...........
    And then DVD drive
    Something like fast boot enabled on bios?