O/C Voltage Survey

Search This thread
Jan 9, 2011
Westminster, MD
Alright guys, I've had my Dinc for almost a week now, and I think I've found a pretty good set up as far as what I need goes.

I am a professional auto detailer so I have my headphones in about 8-10 hours a day. I LOVE pandora and normally if you play pandora it will kill your phone within 4 hours.

SOOOOOOOO I decided to create a little survey to see what Kernel/Rom, O/C app, Governor, Profiles/Settings, Notes, etc.

Please guys share your settings, I would love to try out everyones setups and see what really is the ULTIMATE set up for the Droid incredible

Please everyone stick to the format just so its easily understandable for everyone who isn't part of the forums or doesn't understand what everything is.

I'll start with mine

Rom - Stock Plus

Kernel - GingerTiny

O/C app - SetCPU

Governor - On Demand

Profiles/Settings - (1) Screen Off - Priority 100 - On Demand - 245 max - 128 min
(2) Battery <101% - Priority 50 - On Demand - 960 max - 128 min

Notes - I've found I can last about 10 hours streaming radio the whole time
Also, I've found that IheartRadio uses less resources than Pandora, Thus using less battery.
When I'm not streaming any music either, I have had my phone stay on the SAME percent - 66% - for 10 hours STRAIGHT and then It stayed on 65% all night when I get home, and when I woke up in the morning it was only on 60%

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Alright guys, I've had my Dinc for almost a week now, and I think I've found a pretty good set up as far as what I need goes.

I am a professional auto detailer so I have my headphones in about 8-10 hours a day. I LOVE pandora and normally if you play pandora it will kill your phone within 4 hours.

SOOOOOOOO I decided to create a little survey to see what Kernel/Rom, O/C app, Governor, Profiles/Settings, Notes, etc.

Please guys share your settings, I would love to try out everyones setups and see what really is the ULTIMATE set up for the Droid incredible

Please everyone stick to the format just so its easily understandable for everyone who isn't part of the forums or doesn't understand what everything is.

I'll start with mine

Rom - Stock Plus

Kernel - GingerTiny

O/C app - SetCPU

Governor - On Demand

Profiles/Settings - (1) Screen Off - Priority 100 - On Demand - 245 max - 128 min
(2) Battery <101% - Priority 50 - On Demand - 960 max - 128 min

Notes - I've found I can last about 10 hours streaming radio the whole time
Also, I've found that IheartRadio uses less resources than Pandora, Thus using less battery.
When I'm not streaming any music either, I have had my phone stay on the SAME percent - 66% - for 10 hours STRAIGHT and then It stayed on 65% all night when I get home, and when I woke up in the morning it was only on 60%

Rom - Touch Of Blue

Kernel - Latest GingerTiny

O/C app - No-Frills CPU Control

Governor - SmartassV2 (245 min / 998 max)

I/O Scheduler - SIO (Set with No-Frills)

Voltage Control - IncrediControl (-25v all freqs min and max)

Profiles/Settings - None, they are not recomended or needed as the kernel has a built in sleep mode.

Changing from Ondemand to almost any other governor and slightly undervolting, will greatly increase your battery life.

Last edited:

watt9493

Dec 27, 2010
Croydon, PA
And not using a sense rom will add 2 to 4 hours depending on use in my experience

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2011
Westminster, MD
Rom - Touch Of Blue

Kernel - Latest GingerTiny

O/C app - No-Frills CPU Control

I/O Scheduler - SIO (Set with No-Frills)

Voltage Control - IncrediControl (-25v all freqs min and max)

Profiles/Settings - None, they are not recomended or needed as the kernel has a built in sleep mode.

Changing from Ondemand to almost any other governor and slightly undervolting, will greatly increase your battery life.

I'm gonna try this out today and see how it well it works with streaming music all day. The reason I've set profiles is because I feel like when I'm playing Pandora andthe screen is off, it will force it to go to the lowest voltage I have set, whereas if I don't set profiles it will play at whatever voltage feels nessecary. That's just the way I see it, if anyone can confirm or deny this let me know.

BTW nice addition to the survey, Idk why I didn't add io scheduled in the first place lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
The phone doesn't sleep when music is playing so then what speed is running can influence battery. If you're curious try it without any profiles and you can still use ondemand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

iowabeakster

Apr 11, 2011
Rom - Inc-Deck-Gingerbread-1.3

Kernel - Incredikernel

O/C app - none (baked in ROM)

I/O Scheduler - default Incredikernel

Voltage Control - default Incredikernel

Profiles/Settings - None...

I do use an app called Automateit PRO which I have used to create many different custom "rules". Every rule has a "trigger" and an "action". Some of my rules are used to automatically disable (or enable) 3G, Wifi, and GPS at certain times and/or situations that are appropriate. That really helps with battery usage...and its convenient that I don't need to do the enabling and disabling manually. But streaming music would require pretty much constant data connection of one kind or another.

ando1111

Apr 17, 2012
My custom rom setup

I'm running CyanogenMod 7.1 on my Dinc.And Go Launcher Ex With Ice Cream Sandwich 3D Van Theme overclocked with Cyan to 245min. 1036 max. So smooth an fast.

omniatic

Oct 15, 2009
Milwaukee
ROM-CM9a5 alpha ICS
Kernel-Incredikernel HWA beta 1
O/C-128/1075
Governor-SmartassV2
I/O-Deadline
Profile-default, screen off-data/wifi off with JuiceDefender Ultimate
Voltage Control-default

Smooth and fast. Excellent battery life as data and wifi are under JDU control.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Last edited: