Carbon-Rom Universal Build Discussion

Search This thread

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
Was wondering if any Devs out there was willing to take on the CARBON ROM PORT? Or point me in the right direction to get it started...

For those who are not familiar with Carbon ROM, you can find a little more info here: http://carbon-rom.com/
If I click thanks, will you shorten your sig? ;)
(sorry, thats just me being a jerk. ignore it.)

OK, real talk. Carbon-ROM would be a fantastic addition to our choices. I second the notion.

Last edited:

ivki

Feb 10, 2014
CR N9005

If I click thanks, will you shorten your sig? ;)
(sorry, thats just me being a jerk. ignore it.)

OK, real talk. Carbon-ROM would be a fantastic addition to our choices. I second the notion.

For N9005, see: true-android.blogspot.de/2014/02/android-442-kitkat-carbon-rom-for_8274.html

Looks like they have a universal build up in the original development section over on the international forum. Haven't tried it myself but noticed it was there.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Edit: I went ahead and flashed this and it DOES boot up. I am on the new kitkat bootloader leaked by freeza though so I can not verify anything on jellybean. I have been messing around with it for a few minutes now and no issues that I have come across. Here is a link to the page with the download if anyone else is interested. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2630134&page=20

Last edited:

slow_one

Dec 11, 2011
Looks like they have a universal build up in the original development section over on the international forum. Haven't tried it myself but noticed it was there.

Edit: I went ahead and flashed this and it DOES boot up. I am on the new kitkat bootloader leaked by freeza though so I can not verify anything on jellybean. I have been messing around with it for a few minutes now and no issues that I have come across. Here is a link to the page with the download if anyone else is interested. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2630134&page=20

So this will work if we have the NABD firmware 4.4.2?

So this will work if we have the NABD firmware 4.4.2?

qebu6aba.jpg

Yes it will.

slow_one

Dec 11, 2011
qebu6aba.jpg

Yes it will.

did the issue about making call is resolved?
Did you change anything or just flash it ?
also i am trying to locate the System/lib/modules folder on the Stock NABD but i cant seem to find it, need it in order to make the full port.
>__< i am out of thank ill add some tomorrow!

Last edited:
did the issue about making call is resolved?

also i am trying to locate the System/lib/modules folder on the Stock NABD but i cant seem to find it, need it in order to make the full port.
>__< i am out of thank ill add some tomorrow!

I have made several phone calls with no issues.

Herk718

Sep 7, 2010
New Jack City

@mhutton Thanks a billion for the heads up bro :) I owe u 1 ;) giving it a shot now!

Reactions: mhutton

fnztakedown

Aug 13, 2010
Phoenix
What's required to get this to flash? Any special requirements or changes prior to flashing or is it just flashable?

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fnztakedown

Aug 13, 2010
Phoenix
Just flash the universal build along with your favorite GAPPS package, no additional steps necessary...

Make sure you do a full wipe, for the best possible outcome ;)

Nice, i just flashed the rom, booted no issues, but gapps.... do you have a suggested gapps zip that I should use? This one is force closing on me.

SCRATCH THAT, didnt know this was a 4.4.2 rom LOL :) dling 4.4.2 gapps. will report back.

Edit 2:

WORKED! How awesome.

Last edited:
Nice, i just flashed the rom, booted no issues, but gapps.... do you have a suggested gapps zip that I should use? This one is force closing on me.

SCRATCH THAT, didnt know this was a 4.4.2 rom LOL :) dling 4.4.2 gapps. will report back.

Edit 2:

WORKED! How awesome.

In prefer slim gapps myself since they are inverted but you could use pa gaps as well. Just make sure they are for 4.4 before you download them.

Reactions: DevilDog512

DevilDog512

Nov 9, 2013
Austin
Do we need to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4 to flash this? If so can we go back to 4.3? Seems I read that the 4.4 bootloader is unlocked but then I see where some people on 4.4 are saying they can't go back. Things are moving so fast now that I can't keep up. When it rains it pours but loving all the new toys. One more...does the rom have to be universal to flash on sprint or will htlexx work? On t-mobile s4 I could flash Verizon att and t-mobile roms with no issues. Haven't had a cdma phone in years. Thanks to any one who can provide some insight.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

In prefer slim gapps myself since they are inverted but you could use pa gaps as well. Just make sure they are for 4.4 before you download them.

Could you please point me towards the slim gapps inverted? Tried googling and there are many. Lol. Thanks in advance.

Do we need to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4 to flash this? If so can we go back to 4.3? Seems I read that the 4.4 bootloader is unlocked but then I see where some people on 4.4 are saying they can't go back. Things are moving so fast now that I can't keep up. When it rains it pours but loving all the new toys. One more...does the rom have to be universal to flash on sprint or will htlexx work? On t-mobile s4 I could flash Verizon att and t-mobile roms with no issues. Haven't had a cdma phone in years. Thanks to any one who can provide some insight.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Could you please point me towards the slim gapps inverted? Tried googling and there are many. Lol. Thanks in advance.

http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/1150-addons4-4

Enjoy

Reactions: DevilDog512

DevilDog512

Nov 9, 2013
Austin
Thank you sir. Saw slim rom aio w/aroma. You don't happen to know if those are inverted do you?

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts