[ROM]BoogieDonut.5 -Based off Dwang 1.17.1 w/ Cyanogen 4.2.12.2 kernel - 27 Jan 2010

Search This thread

Che123

Aug 18, 2009
Just installed your rom to test it.

The fastest Rom i have ever used and no bugs found so far.

Would like to see following features:
  • 5 home screens
  • 5 apps in a row in the application tray
  • maybe another tray icon ;)

Please keep up the work on this one ;)

Jdoggjp85

May 24, 2008
Youtube

Hey Guys, i tried out the rom and its very good and speedy, one thing i notice was that the youtube hq videos are not working for some reason, anybody got that issue?

songoku119

Jan 16, 2009
It was no biggie about the IME. I use the htc one myself (first one I pushed actually). As other's have said, it is quite a speedy rom, almost comparable to Dwang's IMO. Obviously with the 10mb ram hack gone, it slows down a tad, but hey, that's why we all downloaded this one. 10mb hack = no 3d games! Very good work indeed. I don't know if anybody else has had this issue though, but the backup root app does not seem to play well on this rom. The last data restore I did causes my memory card to stay stuck at "checking for errors" which killed performance. Not a big deal as I'll just have to restore data manually, but just a word of warning in case it happens to anybody else. I'm going to try using one of the themes built for dwang as well and will post my results. Since you are working off his build partially, it SHOULD work. Will post my results!

EDIT:@ normalasian: mediafire link on the way. Hang tight!

Last edited:

thenameismax

Dec 2, 2009
But... I have a couple of problems
My Pro's and Con's

Pros:
1.Extremely fast, no lag on the launcher at all.
2. It even speeds up dolphin broswer for some reason.
3. Fast, fast, fast.

Cons:
1. Did notice only three homescreens, had gotten used to 5 but no biggie. Maybe an update if demanded by enough members?
2. Some of my widgets (Including Paid:Weather Flip clock) get stuck on updating. All Mippin mobile widgets get stuck on updating too. Edit: fixed with a reboot, sorry about that mate.
3. Missing spare parts, can I just add that in myself?

I'm running on 96mb swap, did a full wipe, came from Latest Cyan .12 I think.

I am also curious if you can add Spare Parts.

normalasian

Sep 10, 2008
Thanks for the mediafire link :D
The Rom is very fast but auto-rotation doesn't work on Home and Menu screens

Last edited:

songoku119

Jan 16, 2009
Thanks for the mediafire link :D
The Rom is very fast but auto-rotation doesn't work on Home and Menu screens

That's weird. I got it working fine for me on menus, but you are correct about the home screen.

Also, for those of you wondering, you can push spare parts to this rom fine although as far as I can tell, comcache does not work with it. I also tried pushing the alarm clock from cyan's build, and I couldn't get it go off either. Strange indeed! Luckily there are some 3rd party apps for alarms.

ttc_smokee

Jan 10, 2009
That's weird. I got it working fine for me on menus, but you are correct about the home screen.

Also, for those of you wondering, you can push spare parts to this rom fine although as far as I can tell, comcache does not work with it. I also tried pushing the alarm clock from cyan's build, and I couldn't get it go off either. Strange indeed! Luckily there are some 3rd party apps for alarms.

The alarm clock from cyan's build is the same one (eclair) I had at first. Boogiedonut.1 has the reverted alarm clock. Or you can just pull it from Dwang 1.17.1 or any earlier version of donut.

The home screen wont rotate because it is the stock Launcher.apk just themed with app drawers, etc.

songoku119

Jan 16, 2009
Doh! I didn't know you put back the old alarm. I'll pull the one from boogie again and see how it goes. I'll try my hand out at themeing cyan's launcher to get the autorotate and multi screens. I agree what other people have said though about not putting in advanced launcher. I have talked to the dev before and he is focusing on his other app GDE, a pretty nice home replacement actually. He will include the features from that launcher into his app eventually supposedly.

Edit: Request! Any chance on getting the reboot option? I have been looking at how to incorporate it myself, but haven't found any documentation.

Last edited:

Karolis

Jan 2, 2008
I have finally installed this ROM. No wipe from SuperD did not work. Had to wipe everything: dalvik, ext, and make factory reset.

It looks good and snappy. Though it's hard to tell since all the usual suspects who eat the memory are gone.

sihill

Jun 15, 2009
This rom is sick! Fast as Dwang and still can play cool games like Shootu :) Thanks you very much, i am gonna stay with your rom and wait for more

songoku119

Jan 16, 2009
themes

I tried a dwang theme and it mostly worked though I got some FCs on some things (Browser, calc, occasionally home). I'm going to try out some metamorph stuff later when I get a chance.

Gerson2407

Jan 23, 2009
I tried a dwang theme and it mostly worked though I got some FCs on some things (Browser, calc, occasionally home). I'm going to try out some metamorph stuff later when I get a chance.

I did green selections from metamorph on this rom and it adds just a little bit more awesomeness to it. It also gives you a sexy black keyboard. You should try it. ;)