[KERNEL] SpeedMod Captivate [K13E HPCall VoodooSnd7 SharpnessFix STABLE]

Search This thread

RonH54

Nov 30, 2010
Corbin,Ky.
I just Flashed to "O" of Speedmod to Darky 8.1 and I notice now when I Hit a Widget to open something or when I move from one Dock screen to another or pull down Notification Bar I don't have the "Click" sound. Where is the setting for this so I can check to see if "O" turned something OFF or "O" screwed something up.

Edit: Well all sound is off expect Ringer. Everything work perfect last night,I don't think it SpeedMod but that the only thing I have changed and this started. I have even Flashed Back to "N". It no big deal Flashing everything again but thought that there might be a quick fix before I did that.

Edit: This is weird. I can plug in Headphone and the Sound now comes from the Phone but no sound in Headphone. Unplug Headphones all sound stops?

Thanks

Last edited:

Mkarin

Feb 12, 2009
I just Flashed to "O" of Speedmod to Darky 8.1 and I notice now when I Hit a Widget to open something or when I move from one Dock screen to another or pull down Notification Bar I don't have the "Click" sound. Where is the setting for this so I can check to see if "O" turned something OFF or "O" screwed something up.

Edit: Well all sound is off expect Ringer. Everything work perfect last night,I don't think it SpeedMod but that the only thing I have changed and this started. I have even Flashed Back to "N". It no big deal Flashing everything again but thought that there might be a quick fix before I did that.

Edit: This is weird. I can plug in Headphone and the Sound now comes from the Phone but no sound in Headphone. Unplug Headphones all sound stops?

Thanks

Maybe its in silent mode?

hardcore

Sep 12, 2006
Hey hardcore, it would be useful if you posted a specific changelog for each version in the paradise page. (were all the version are) because if I come one day and see a newer version, the changelog in the OP incorporates many versions so it is confusing. I usually just look for your post announcing the new version but sometimes it takes me a while because I have to go back a couple of pages.

Thanks
There is a changelog here:
http://touristinparadise.blogspot.com/2010/11/samsung-galaxy-s-speedmod-kernel.html

keller.jeff

Aug 25, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hey hardcore! Awsome work... can you help me with somehing and save me some time?

I am going to a disturbed/korn concert on wednesday, and I want to shoot some vids with my cappy. The last show I went to and recorded some, the mic gain was still stock and sounded like a$$...

I think you know where I'm going with this! Is there a way to adjust the mic level on the go to accomidate metal concerts? heh

TazMan1688

Apr 22, 2006
USA
Thanks for the help with the modems. It worked fine once I had the correct cwm.

However,
How do we revert back to stock and away from the speedmod kernel? I've decided I would rather have BT functionality than faster speeds.

I'm not near a PC, so a CWM zip would be easiest

I can't find anything besides flashing an alternative kernel...if there are any with BT working, that would be fine.

Thanks a ton!!!!!!!

Last edited:

hardcore

Sep 12, 2006
Hey hardcore! Awsome work... can you help me with somehing and save me some time?

I am going to a disturbed/korn concert on wednesday, and I want to shoot some vids with my cappy. The last show I went to and recorded some, the mic gain was still stock and sounded like a$$...

I think you know where I'm going with this! Is there a way to adjust the mic level on the go to accomidate metal concerts? heh
The mic gain in speedmod is already reduced. It should help a lot but probably not 100% distortion free. Let us know how it works out for u.

Mkarin

Feb 12, 2009
How do we revert back to stock and away from the speedmod kernel? I've decided I would rather have BT functionality than faster speeds.

I'm not near a PC, so a CWM zip would be easiest

Thanks a ton!!!!!!!

I usually just grab the zimage from the updates folder (in zip file from rom of your choice) and place it on the cwm zip of other kernel (ex: speedmod.zip)
I do this with root explorer..

Reactions: TazMan1688

TazMan1688

Apr 22, 2006
USA
I would love to get this working with my BT calls. All I receive is static. The FAQ says an i9000 modem has to be used to avoid this. I used the JK4 modem and still received static during calls. My bt audio streaming works fine.

Mkarin, I am trying to get back to cog 3.01 status. So the best way to get back to the status that is intended for the rom, is to reflash that rom? As I am not trying to use any other kernels...nor can I find the bone stock kernel lol

Thanks a ton for helping out with this!

jaxf250

Dec 11, 2004
FL
screen backlight auto adjust works quicker / smoother for me in K12O - thanks HC

via my Captivate running the latest stable flashy bits I could find

existz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 9, 2008
Kentucky
I would love to get this working with my BT calls. All I receive is static. The FAQ says an i9000 modem has to be used to avoid this. I used the JK4 modem and still received static during calls. My bt audio streaming works fine.

Mkarin, I am trying to get back to cog 3.01 status. So the best way to get back to the status that is intended for the rom, is to reflash that rom? As I am not trying to use any other kernels...nor can I find the bone stock kernel lol

Thanks a ton for helping out with this!

If it just wanting to use the kernel thats in cog 3.01 you can just open the zip of the Rom and inside the 'updates ' folder you can take the zimage in it and put it in a cwm zip, just replace one of speedmods or just use kernel flasher app

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Reactions: TazMan1688

TazMan1688

Apr 22, 2006
USA
I'll give that a try right now and reply back...thanks for the help

Update: Thanks for the help. I didn't see anything about using the zimage during my searches(Slightly surprised actually). Thanks for keeping a noob up to speed!

Last edited:

WickedNite

Aug 10, 2010
Dang. I can't seem to stay for like a week on one update, every time I check there is a newer version. Lol. Goodjob hc! :D

existz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 9, 2008
Kentucky
Dang. I can't seem to stay for like a week on one update, every time I check there is a newer version. Lol. Goodjob hc! :D

Lol I know...that's the good thing about Hardcore, he's constantly working on his kernel and improving it daily...hardest working dev IMO ...

WickedNite

Aug 10, 2010
Lol I know...that's the good thing about Hardcore, he's constantly working on his kernel and improving it daily...hardest working dev IMO ...

Ikr. He's a perfectionist and I love it. And I changed my sig to just "SpeedMod Kernel", I'm tired of changing it every single day when a new update comes. Lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The original SpeedMod kernel, now available for AT&T Captivate users! This kernel aims to be fast, compatible, stable, and have good battery life. It makes our Galaxy S run the way it should.

This kernel is for the AT&T Captivate (SGH-i897)

The forum thread for the GT-I9000 version is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=822756

WARNING: Before you try any lagfix, make sure that you have enough free space on your Internal SD. You should have at least more free space than data+dbdata+cache combined.

Latest K13E (12-Apr) - Voodoo Sound v7. Lowmemorykiller fixes. Improved display sharpness using AMOLED processing mode in MDNIE. Support for voice calls through headphones. Check here for more info and downloads.

Thanks to sasovics and rpicaso for the I897 boot logo!

>>> Click here for the installation procedure using Odin.

>>> If you have questions, please read the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions first!

>>> What is the SpeedMod kernel?

Latest features:

- Compiled using codesourcery 2010.09: Faster and more battery efficient
    - The only properly working Tiny RCU implementation, thanks to Paul McKenney
    - More efficient: Removed debug logging from kernel and Android
    - Most updated version of my Enhanced Universal Lagfix fork with improved stability
    - Full Android 2.2.1 ROM compatibility

This kernel has:

- Based on JPX Android 2.2.1 kernel source
    - Works on all stock Froyo 2.2 and 2.2.1 ROMs and popular custom ROMs
    - 340MB RAM and all features should work
    - Enhanced version of sztupy's Universal Lagfix
    - Includes neldar's BackLightNotification 2.3 from https://github.com/project-voodoo/backlightnotification/tree/master/kernel_patches/
    - Sharpness (AMOLED mode) & color fixes for the screen
    - SpeedMod: Replaced kernel jhash2 with jhash3
    - Includes my Startup Tweaks from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=813309
    - Adjusted kernel HZ value to improve smoothness
    - Uses BFQ IO scheduler by default, from http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paolo/disk_sched/sources.php
    - Updated ext4 code in kernel from http://www2.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tytso/ext4-patches/
    - Properly working Tiny RCU patch for better speed and efficiency from http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=ke...it;h=9b1d82fa1611706fa7ee1505f290160a18caf95d
    - Patched lowmemorykiller for compatibility with Tiny RCU from http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=ke...ff;h=5545554aac04918ece318270d63cbfcb015577a9
    - Optimized compiler flags: -O2 -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp

--------------------------------

FOR BEGINNERS:

This kernel is based on sztupy's Universal Lagfix: Lagfix and root options are accessible by booting into the Recovery Menu.

To get the best speed, it is recommended that you enable all Tweaks from the Recovery Menu. Tweaks are under SpeedMod features. Info on Tweaks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=813309

How to root: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8896862&postcount=90

Kernel HZ value: HZ=500 is smoother, HZ=256 is Samsung default.

Memory configs (K10J and later):

CONFIG_ANDROID_PMEM_MEMSIZE_PMEM=2048
    CONFIG_ANDROID_PMEM_MEMSIZE_PMEM_GPU1=4096
    CONFIG_ANDROID_PMEM_MEMSIZE_PMEM_ADSP=1500
    CONFIG_WLAN_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_BCM=256
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMC0=12288
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMC1=1024
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMC2=12288
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_MFC0=32768
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_MFC1=32768
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_TEXSTREAM=10240
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMD=3072

THANKS: Big thanks to existz and xcaliburinhands for the i9000-to-i897 patch.

WARNING: If you use a custom boot animation, apps like One Click Lag Fix will not work because it disables the playlogos1 script hack.

The files with ending with -CWM are for flashing using Clockwork Recovery.
    These other zip files are for flashing with ODIN.

The source code is posted on the GT-I9000 thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=822756

>>> If you have questions, please read the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions first!

>>> CLICK HERE to DOWNLOAD the kernels.
    Updated test: K12Q-T7:

This version is unbelievably smooth!

Android Logger (logcat) disabled by default.
    Kernel debug messages have been disabled.
    Fixed the super loud notifications with Voodoo Sound.

Changes from K12P:

- Disabled Android Logger (can be re-enabled via Tweaks)
    - Disabled all kernel debug messages (printk) for efficiency
    - Changed boot logo to I897 logo for AT&T Captivate version
    - Changed /cache to ext4nj in recommended ext4 lagfix to fix large Market downloads
    - Optional IPv6 Privacy support in Tweaks
    - Voodoo Sound v2 compatible
    - Fixed loud notification problem with headphones
    - Fixed popping / clicking noise when music and FM radio is stopped / started
    - Better FM Radio sound:
    - - Really removed the high pass filter and DRC from FM Radio (restores full bass)
    - - Turn on 4FS mode for ADC in FM Radio (smoother high frequencies)
    - - Turn on 128x oversampling for ADC and DAC in FM Radio mode
    - Adjusted volume of FM Radio and Media Playback to be similar
    - General sound quality improvements:
    - - Maximized digital mixer output to improve SNR and resolution
    - - 128x oversampling option in Voodoo Sound enabled by default
    - - Explicitly disable DRC and NG during media playback, if +1.5dB mode is NOT selected

For the AT&T Captivate version, ignore changes for FM Radio.
    Reserved for future use.
    Test version K12S-T3:

- Added 3-pole headset calling support: voice calls go via normal stereo headphones if attached, otherwise they go via the earpiece
    - Fixed mic problem, now the mic works
    - Voodoo app headphone amplifier control also controls headphone output level for headphone voice calls
    - Voodoo Sound v3

Credit goes to xcaliburinhand for some of the source code changes.
    Unfortunately xcaliburinhand's patch didn't work out of the box - the mic didn't work. I had to modify the driver further to get the mic to work.

*** Note: The voice call sound doesn't automatically switch between the earpiece and headphones if you plug-in or unplug the headphones while the call is in-progress. You have to toggle the speaker mode to make it switch.
    SpeedMod + Voodoo Sound test version!

K12L-T5:

Changes from K12K:
    - FM Radio sound quality improvement: removed Dynamic Range Compression
    - Voodoo Sound v1: FM radio bass fix, controllable headphone output via app
    - rear speaker volume +1 for media
    - light sensor polling interval changed to 2s instead of 0.5s
    (saves battery, more stable brightness levels)
    - light sensor sensitivity adjusted so that the screen doesn't turn bright so easily
    (saves battery and reduces screen burn)
    - adjustments to IO Tweak (super smooth now!)
    - changed battery level polling interval to 60 seconds, from 5 seconds

Note that you need Supercurio's Voodoo app to adjust the headphone level. If u don't install it, the default level is the same level as K12K (+1 from Nexus S, or +3 from SGS).

PS. The FM radio sound is really awesome after those voice filters have been removed!