Huge battery drain with android OS wakelock

Search This thread

Asadroid

Feb 23, 2011
Panama
Im getting a huge drain on my phone because of "android OS" on the battery stats and BSS says the major wakelocks are ril-fd , l2_hsic, radio interface, umts_ipc0

screen shots later

this is my second S4 i9500 and im about to say, screw samsung sell the phone and idk, get something that works

nudawa

Oct 20, 2006
Tien Giang
Im getting a huge drain on my phone because of "android OS" on the battery stats and BSS says the major wakelocks are ril-fd , l2_hsic, radio interface, umts_ipc0

screen shots later

this is my second S4 i9500 and im about to say, screw samsung sell the phone and idk, get something that works

I get this problem, too. And it seems like a common Android 4.2.2 problem. The Android OS on 4.2.2 using battery like 10 times it did on my S3, 4.1.2

Asadroid

Feb 23, 2011
Panama
Do you have Wi-Fi enabled? Apparently this is a well-known problem on certain networks with lots of broadcast/multicast packets (like DropBox LAN sync discovery). I've been trying to figure out a way to filter those out, like this: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=56471

on my phone everything is off, sync is off, S features Off, maps off, i only have data active, whatsapp and line are the only services on as far i know, and using the stock browser not even chrome.

its... annoying

i9500 btw

Nebelwolfi

Nov 14, 2012
About these:
ril-fd , l2_hsic, radio interface, umts_ipc0

ril.fd & umts_ipc0: Wlan advanced konfiguration: Keep Wlan on during sleep - off & open Data Usage, press Menu-button: Restrict background data
radio interface: Do you use the radio? If you don't get Link to SD and freeze the app.
l2_hsic:
Main reason is unplugging the charger without unlocking lockscreen (swipe to unlock) or unplugging when screen is black.

Last edited:

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009
Same here on my S4 - I seem to have noticed it after it upgraded to KitKat?

+1, no deep sleep state.

I have kk since published, but this issue only since a pair of weeks ago without any flashing or app installing... Tried releasing my stock TTT fw and last India fw without wipe data, nothing... Last thing i left to try is wipe data, format every thing and refreshing fw when i get some time...

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009
+1, no deep sleep state.

I have kk since published, but this issue only since a pair of weeks ago without any flashing or app installing... Tried releasing my stock TTT fw and last India fw without wipe data, nothing... Last thing i left to try is wipe data, format every thing and refreshing fw when i get some time...

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2

I think i fixed it for me with Perseus kernel. Check my post here:

[Q] What is l2_hsic kernel wakelock and I9500 not entering deep sleep
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51758966

Enviado desde mi GT-P7510 usando Tapatalk 2