cps_goodbuy

Dec 17, 2013
Hi all!

I have a stock Samsung GT-I9505 with 4.2.2

Version Info

AP: I9505XXUAMDM
CP: I9505XXUAMDM
CSC: I9505OXXAMDB

I'd like to update to a stock or stockish rom, without Knox bootloader, updating the modem and then rooting.

I've done a lot of reading on the topic but I'm getting somwhat confused as there are so many different methods depending on the version, and if you have Knox. There are also Modem/Wi-Fi issues etc.

Any tips on the method or can someone advise which stock rom/modem to go for?

I'm trying to set out and build up a step by step method that will avoid any complications.

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Hi all!

Version Info

I'd like to update to a stock or stockish rom, without Knox bootloader, updating the modem and then rooting.

I've done a lot of reading on the topic but I'm getting somwhat confused as there are so many different methods depending on the version, and if you have Knox. There are also Modem/Wi-Fi issues etc.

I'm trying to set out and build up a step by step method that will avoid any complications.

Flash Pre-rootedXXUBMGA through Odin and then Install triangle away and reset the binary , and then flash any Custom Recovery via odin and download a Custom 4.3 rom you want :D then go to recovery do a full wipe and flash the custom rom you downloaded.. Have a nice day.

Reactions: cps_goodbuy

cps_goodbuy

Dec 17, 2013
Flash Pre-rootedXXUBMGA through Odin and then Install triangle away and reset the binary , and then flash any Custom Recovery via odin and download a Custom 4.3 rom you want :D and flash it via recovery. Have a nice day.

Thanks for the info! Still reading all I can to avoid mistakes.

After installing a Custom recovery, I take it I don't need to reset the binary anymore? Will search about whether I can flash back the standard recovery.

Would it not be better to install a Pre-rooted and knox-free stock 4.3 rom? Are there any holes to avoid?

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Thanks for the info! Still reading all I can to avoid mistakes.

After installing a Custom recovery, I take it I don't need to reset the binary anymore? Will search about whether I can flash back the standard recovery.

Would it not be better to install a Pre-rooted and knox-free stock 4.3 rom? Are there any holes to avoid?

Well that's how i do it since im still on old bootloader and and doesnt have knox warranty void :) (I do it from the scratch because i want a fresh install hehe) , anyways you need to root your phone and install a custom recovery and download a 4.3 custom rom and flash it via recovery , once done flashing you need to flash a 4.3 modem in order to prevent a dropping signal issue. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

yuuuuuuuu

Apr 3, 2013
Well that's how i do it since im still on old bootloader and and doesnt have knox warranty void :) (I do it from the scratch because i want a fresh install hehe) , anyways you need to root your phone and install a custom recovery and download a 4.3 custom rom and flash it via recovery , once done flashing you need to flash a 4.3 modem in order to prevent a dropping signal issue. Have a nice day.
Is it possible to flash a stock 4.3 rom (without the bootloader) so I don't have to do a data wipe?

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Is it possible to flash a stock 4.3 rom (without the bootloader) so I don't have to do a data wipe?

You can flash a custom 4.3 rom but not a stock 4.3 rom since that will give u a newbootloader mate. Im giving you all the tips i can . But feel free either search the forum or wait for some1's opinion. Have a nice day.

Sent from Hell ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

Version Info

Flash Pre-rootedXXUBMGA through Odin and then Install triangle away and reset the binary , and then flash any Custom Recovery via odin and download a Custom 4.3 rom you want :D then go to recovery do a full wipe and flash the custom rom you downloaded.. Have a nice day.