touchscreen not working in recovery

Search This thread

mikexmayhem

Mar 31, 2009
minneapolis
i have been having some problems flashing roms. i keep getting errors. i tried the latest pacman rom and dirty unicorns rom and both have an error. so i tried updating to the newest twrp recovery. and going down one version as well to see if it would help. anyways now i am stuck in recovery, my touch screen wont work, and twrp has a screen lock that i cant get out of because i cant slide the slider since my touch screen wont work. how do i get back to boot loader so i can flash another version of the recovery so i can get my phone back!!! help!

holmesnmanny

Jan 1, 2010
you just need usb otg and use a usb mouse to control your screen

when htc went to 4.3 from 4.1.2 they made sure to change the screen so that people that tried to downgrade messed up their phone and went back to 4.3

mikexmayhem

Mar 31, 2009
minneapolis
you just need usb otg and use a usb mouse to control your screen

when htc went to 4.3 from 4.1.2 they made sure to change the screen so that people that tried to downgrade messed up their phone and went back to 4.3

Haha that's funny. Anyways I fixed it. I tried the volume and power keys like normal for hours and nothing happened. Finally, per another thread somewhere, I held the phone under a light and bam it reboots and I refreshed. BUT I still can't flash any other roms it seems. Viper rom 4.2.0 works. But so far no other roms work. Right now I'm on a gummy nightly rom. But I can't even update that. It says an error every time