[Q] faild update

Search This thread

salahddine

Oct 9, 2013
hey everyone , excuse my english iam still beginner.

i have i747 ATT and i was running on 4.2.1 , but i decide to get updated with 4.3 , i did download it and flash it but after doing all that the phone stops at setup screen showing nothing except apps has stop working example. unfortunately Samsung cloud data relay has stopped

please help and what i should do , thanks to you all

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
hey everyone , excuse my english iam still beginner.

i have i747 ATT and i was running on 4.2.1 , but i decide to get updated with 4.3 , i did download it and flash it but after doing all that the phone stops at setup screen showing nothing except apps has stop working example. unfortunately Samsung cloud data relay has stopped

please help and what i should do , thanks to you all

Did you mean 4.1.2 or were you running a custom ROM as there is no official 4.2.1 for the i747? How did you download and flash the 4.3 ROM?

Can you try booting into recovery and doing a hard wipe/reset from there? If this doesn't solve it, then you may need to restore the system image via custom recovery.

salahddine

Oct 9, 2013
Did you mean 4.1.2 or were you running a custom ROM as there is no official 4.2.1 for the i747? How did you download and flash the 4.3 ROM?

Can you try booting into recovery and doing a hard wipe/reset from there? If this doesn't solve it, then you may need to restore the system image via custom recovery.

yes sorry i mean . 4.1.2 , i can boot to recovery mode and download mode too , i did wipe cash i did wipe data too but nothing works ,

Stock OTA Update 4.3 I747UCUEMJB 623.1MB , i did download that rom , if you need to know anything else please ask i really need your help

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
yes sorry i mean . 4.1.2 , i can boot to recovery mode and download mode too , i did wipe cash i did wipe data too but nothing works ,

Stock OTA Update 4.3 I747UCUEMJB 623.1MB , i did download that rom , if you need to know anything else please ask i really need your help

You updated to 4.3 by going over the air or via Odin?

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA

The 623mb file sounds like the stock image for (official) OTA updates. Most likely it was downloaded and flashed as a zip via recovery. I'm not quite sure it works that way.

Salahddine, since you can get into download and recovery modes, your best option now may be to do a complete stock restore via custom recovery. See the thread below for instructions. You may need to first flash custom recovery although I'd guess you probably have custom recovery installed already.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658486

Download the relevant file posted in the link to your phone's internal SD card or to an external micro SDHC card and place in your phone. Boot into recovery mode and flash the zip. Hopefully, this should fix it.

Reactions: salahddine

salahddine

Oct 9, 2013
The 623mb file sounds like the stock image for (official) OTA updates. Most likely it was downloaded and flashed as a zip via recovery. I'm not quite sure it works that way.

Salahddine, since you can get into download and recovery modes, your best option now may be to do a complete stock restore via custom recovery. See the thread below for instructions. You may need to first flash custom recovery although I'd guess you probably have custom recovery installed already.

Download the relevant file posted in the link to your phone's internal SD card or to an external micro SDHC card and place in your phone. Boot into recovery mode and flash the zip. Hopefully, this should fix it.

thank you all for your support and caring , i did downgrade it to 4.0.4 , then i did face some problems like messaging stopped working and other things , then i did install RCWM 6.0.4.3 via odin , then i did install custom rom , then i did install d2att_I747UCUEMJ2_root_noknox and now everything works fine . i thank you all again for your caring

and about your question iam from morocco i cant get ON THE AIR , i did try it many times but didnt work so i did download that stock ROM 623 mb and i did flash from sd card

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
thank you all for your support and caring , i did downgrade it to 4.0.4 , then i did face some problems like messaging stopped working and other things , then i did install RCWM 6.0.4.3 via odin , then i did install custom rom , then i did install d2att_I747UCUEMJ2_root_noknox and now everything works fine . i thank you all again for your caring

and about your question iam from morocco i cant get ON THE AIR , i did try it many times but didnt work so i did download that stock ROM 623 mb and i did flash from sd card

Sorry, my initial assessment was wrong. The 623MB zip you flashed was not the OTA file but the stock ROM which should have been flashed along with the modem and kernel zips at the same time. The reason for the initial failure was likely because you did not flash the kernel (and modem) zips. Glad to know it's working fine now.

Reactions: salahddine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry, my initial assessment was wrong. The 623MB zip you flashed was not the OTA file but the stock ROM which should have been flashed along with the modem and kernel zips at the same time. The reason for the initial failure was likely because you did not flash the kernel (and modem) zips. Glad to know it's working fine now.