[Q] Mounting/Extracting FXZ Files

Search This thread

Jaocagomez

Sep 4, 2010
Mexico Culiacan
i was trying to do this a few days ago and i found that somehow the system.img from the firmware was protected, i tried lots of programs but none worked, all marked an error. so i dont know what to do next.

hayze

Apr 1, 2014
Dark Side of the Moon
Well, I ended up flashing the system.img file and then rebooting immediately into TRWP and taking a backup. From that I was able to copy it down and extract the contents. Kind of roundabout but it worked. If someone has a more direct method I'd like to know how it can be done.

Summersett

Apr 24, 2011
Download ImgExtractor 1.3.4 by And_PDA (Program page here). To use, open a command prompt in the directory where ImgExtractor.exe and system.img are, and enter:
Code:
ImgExtractor.exe system.img System -i
where system.img is the file you're extracting and System is the folder it will extract all of the files to (it will create one if it doesn't already exist). The "-i" is optional, but it shows the individual files as they are extracted (verbose output), and is more fun to look at than an idle window.
See the readme or double click on ImgExtractor.exe for more usage info.

EDIT: Download is now linked to my DropBox and added with readme below.

Attachments

• ImgExtractor1.3.4.zip
    91.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Reactions: Jaocagomez

Jaocagomez

Sep 4, 2010
Mexico Culiacan
Download ImgExtractor 1.3.4 by And_PDA (Program page here). To use, open a command prompt in the directory where ImgExtractor.exe and system.img are, and enter:
Code:
where system.img is the file you're extracting and System is the folder it will extract all of the files to (it will create one if it doesn't already exist). The "-i" is optional, but it shows the individual files as they are extracted (verbose output), and is more fun to look at than an idle window.

]
that worked perfectly, i'll attach that file because the russian page 404'd it, so i had to find it somewhere else.
its attached if anyone want it. thanks!

Attachments

• ImgExtractor_1_3_4.rar
    75.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code: