BLU Life One X2

Search This thread

d89don

Mar 26, 2013
My goal for this thread is to gather as much info for the BLU Life One X2.

There is a similar thread for the older BLU Life One X 2016 but since we have no dedicated forum it was suggested to start a separate thread for the new device.

Specs

Screen: 5.2", 1080 x 1920 pixels, ~424 ppi, Gorilla Glass 3
Memory: 2 GB RAM, 16 GB storage, or 4GB RAM, 64 GB storage, microSD slot (up to 64GB)
Camera: 16 MP, f/2.4, phase detection autofocus, 8 MP front, LED flash front & rear, 1080p@30fps video
Battery:Li-Po 3000 mAh
Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430
CPU: Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU: Adreno 505
Model: L0091UU

Links & Other General Resources

BLU Products
Amazon
GSMArena
BLU Products Development Team (Google+)
ieatgravity dedicated site for the development of the Blu Life One X2

Similar Phones

Anything you guys want added just let me know.

Last edited:

d89don

Mar 26, 2013
UPDATE: We now have root on the BLOX2
All credit goes to ieatgravity and mswguitar for this info

WARNING: *I* cannot be held responsible for anything *you* do to *your* phone!

ADB & Fastboot
Before doing most things mentioned below you will need "adb" and "fastboot" installed. Two of your options are to install the Android SDK Tools or the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool. If you are somewhat new to this I highly recommend the second one. Go here, download the latest version, and install it. When setup is complete you should have an icon for the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool.

Note: I highly recommend you add "C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot" to your PATH variable in Windows. This way you can open a Command Prompt anywhere and use adb or fastboot.

Drivers
I recently setup a 5th gen Kindle Fire 7" tablet on my Windows 10 desktop. Because the BLU Life One X 2016 and the Kindle Fire are similar enough it just worked. To use the Amazon drivers you can find them on this page: https://developer.amazon.com/public...etting-up-your-kindle-fire-tablet-for-testing. The direct link is https://s3.amazonaws.com/android-sdk-manager/redist/kindle_fire_usb_driver.zip. Extract the zip file and then run KindleDrivers.exe.

Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery and Root, and Return to Stock
Note #1: All credit for this guide goes to rogersa2k's post for rooting the BLU Life One X 2016!!! You can check it out here. Most of the stuff was similar enough that I was able to follow it to root my BLOX2 with minor deviations which I've included here.

1) Unlock Bootloader
  1. Power on the phone and skip through all of the setup options
  2. Go to Settings -> About device
  3. Activate "Developer options" by tapping the android version in the settings around 7 times.
  4. Go into "Developer Options", 5th row down you with find the option OEM unlocking. Turn this feature on.
  5. Enable OEM unlocking
  6. Enable USB debugging
  7. Power off your device
  8. Hold down the power + volume up buttons at the same time until you see " boot in recovery" in white text in the upper left corner of the screen and release.
  9. Use the volume key to navigate to Bootloader and select it with the power button.
  10. Your phone will reboot and sit on the Blu bootup animation
  11. Plug the phone in to your PC and authorize it
  12. Open a Command Prompt
  13. Type fastboot devices to verify that your PC sees it correctly
  14. Type fastboot oem unlock
  15. This should output something along the lines of "Your bootloader is already unlocked!"
  16. If this is the case run "fastboot reboot" to return to android

2) Install Custom Recovery & Root

Note #1: We will flash a custom version of TWRP that was built by one of our members

1. Be sure to have your Bootloader unlocked before proceeding
  2. Download this zip here with everything you will need:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6_iuhJQH7aGTWpSY2haaXl5aU0
  3. Put the SuperSu.zip file on the sdcard
  4. Plug the phone in to your PC and authorize it
  5. Open a Command Prompt to wherever you extracted the .img file
  6. Type adb reboot bootloader
  7. Your phone will reboot and sit on the Blu bootup animation
  8. Type fastboot devices to verify that your PC sees it correctly
  9. Type fastboot flash recovery BLOX2_TWRP_Recovery.img
  10. Type fastboot boot BLOX2_TWRP_Recovery.img
  11. Once booted I strongly urge you to make a nandroid backup
  12. Select Install
  13. Select the SuperSu.zip
  14. Swipe to flash
  15. Reboot when complete
  16. Verify with a root checker or simply type "su" into terminal or an adb shell
  17. Launch SuperSU and configure it as you like

Note: If your phone does not reboot then just hold the power button until it turns off. Hold the power button again until it turns back on.

To get back to stock:
Download this file here: (includes Stock Rom, Drivers and QFIL **Large DL**)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6_iuhJQH7aGU25OMWJNVGdMYkU

Should be set back to stock (unrooted) rom and recovery

Last edited:

mswguitar

Apr 14, 2009
Las Vegas
Anyone else having issues with bluetooth using most of their battery? I wasn't even connected to a BT device yesterday and it just dropped off a cliff.

mswguitar

Apr 14, 2009
Las Vegas
Only have 2. I believe 3 is the max devices for our BT to have stable battery power

Weird. I had this many on my BLOX 2016 and did not have this issue. I'm going to disable Tasker tomorrow and see if it helps (I have profiles setup based on BT connections). It's not a huge issue and with Quick Charge, I can get juiced up pretty quickly, just thought it was strange that BT is using so much of my battery.

H4MM3RD0WN

Feb 19, 2016
Anyone know what the wireless update is? Just received the notification but don't want to take the plunge without more info

mswguitar

Apr 14, 2009
Las Vegas
Anyone know what the wireless update is? Just received the notification but don't want to take the plunge without more info

It just said minor bug fixes and something about app icons, which I'm not worried about because I use Nova Launcher. I installed the update, no adverse effects so far. I'll post again in the next day or two if I see any noticeable issues.

Reactions: H4MM3RD0WN

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My goal for this thread is to gather as much info for the BLU Life One X2.

There is a similar thread for the older BLU Life One X 2016 but since we have no dedicated forum it was suggested to start a separate thread for the new device.

Specs

Screen: 5.2", 1080 x 1920 pixels, ~424 ppi, Gorilla Glass 3
    Memory: 2 GB RAM, 16 GB storage, or 4GB RAM, 64 GB storage, microSD slot (up to 64GB)
    Camera: 16 MP, f/2.4, phase detection autofocus, 8 MP front, LED flash front & rear, 1080p@30fps video
    Battery:Li-Po 3000 mAh
    Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430
    CPU: Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
    GPU: Adreno 505
    Model: L0091UU

Links & Other General Resources

BLU Products
    Amazon
    GSMArena
    BLU Products Development Team (Google+)
    ieatgravity dedicated site for the development of the Blu Life One X2

Similar Phones

Anything you guys want added just let me know.
    UPDATE: We now have root on the BLOX2
    All credit goes to ieatgravity and mswguitar for this info

WARNING: *I* cannot be held responsible for anything *you* do to *your* phone!

ADB & Fastboot
    Before doing most things mentioned below you will need "adb" and "fastboot" installed. Two of your options are to install the Android SDK Tools or the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool. If you are somewhat new to this I highly recommend the second one. Go here, download the latest version, and install it. When setup is complete you should have an icon for the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool.

Note: I highly recommend you add "C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot" to your PATH variable in Windows. This way you can open a Command Prompt anywhere and use adb or fastboot.

Drivers
    I recently setup a 5th gen Kindle Fire 7" tablet on my Windows 10 desktop. Because the BLU Life One X 2016 and the Kindle Fire are similar enough it just worked. To use the Amazon drivers you can find them on this page: https://developer.amazon.com/public...etting-up-your-kindle-fire-tablet-for-testing. The direct link is https://s3.amazonaws.com/android-sdk-manager/redist/kindle_fire_usb_driver.zip. Extract the zip file and then run KindleDrivers.exe.

Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery and Root, and Return to Stock
    Note #1: All credit for this guide goes to rogersa2k's post for rooting the BLU Life One X 2016!!! You can check it out here. Most of the stuff was similar enough that I was able to follow it to root my BLOX2 with minor deviations which I've included here.

1) Unlock Bootloader
    1. Power on the phone and skip through all of the setup options
    2. Go to Settings -> About device
    3. Activate "Developer options" by tapping the android version in the settings around 7 times.
    4. Go into "Developer Options", 5th row down you with find the option OEM unlocking. Turn this feature on.
    5. Enable OEM unlocking
    6. Enable USB debugging
    7. Power off your device
    8. Hold down the power + volume up buttons at the same time until you see " boot in recovery" in white text in the upper left corner of the screen and release.
    9. Use the volume key to navigate to Bootloader and select it with the power button.
    10. Your phone will reboot and sit on the Blu bootup animation
    11. Plug the phone in to your PC and authorize it
    12. Open a Command Prompt
    13. Type fastboot devices to verify that your PC sees it correctly
    14. Type fastboot oem unlock
    15. This should output something along the lines of "Your bootloader is already unlocked!"
    16. If this is the case run "fastboot reboot" to return to android

2) Install Custom Recovery & Root

Note #1: We will flash a custom version of TWRP that was built by one of our members

1. Be sure to have your Bootloader unlocked before proceeding
    2. Download this zip here with everything you will need:
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6_iuhJQH7aGTWpSY2haaXl5aU0
    3. Put the SuperSu.zip file on the sdcard
    4. Plug the phone in to your PC and authorize it
    5. Open a Command Prompt to wherever you extracted the .img file
    6. Type adb reboot bootloader
    7. Your phone will reboot and sit on the Blu bootup animation
    8. Type fastboot devices to verify that your PC sees it correctly
    9. Type fastboot flash recovery BLOX2_TWRP_Recovery.img
    10. Type fastboot boot BLOX2_TWRP_Recovery.img
    11. Once booted I strongly urge you to make a nandroid backup
    12. Select Install
    13. Select the SuperSu.zip
    14. Swipe to flash
    15. Reboot when complete
    16. Verify with a root checker or simply type "su" into terminal or an adb shell
    17. Launch SuperSU and configure it as you like

Note: If your phone does not reboot then just hold the power button until it turns off. Hold the power button again until it turns back on.

To get back to stock:
    Download this file here: (includes Stock Rom, Drivers and QFIL **Large DL**)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6_iuhJQH7aGU25OMWJNVGdMYkU

Should be set back to stock (unrooted) rom and recovery
    CM13 PORT

Okay, so I was able to port CM13 from the Redmi 3s (same as TWRP port).

Currently it boots into CM13 home screen

NOT WORKING:
    -wifi
    -radios
    -camera
    -gps?
    -bluetooth
    etc

IF ANYONE KNOWS A GOOD WAY TO REPACK SYSTEM.NEW.DAT FILES PLEASE PM ME! (need to figure this out to get everything else working) currently rimg2sdat crashes about 80% of the way through (on windows 10)

To flash:
    -Download zip here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6_iuhJQH7aGVFNLeUlOWlZ1Rnc/view?usp=sharing
    -Reboot into TWRP
    -Do a nandroid backup
    -Factory reset
    -Flash CM13.zip
    -Reboot to system

If anyone is interested and able to help me get everything working please pm me or contact me through my site! If you want to support me moving forward with this ROM in other ways please hit the 'thanks' button or donate what ever you feel like (car is currently broken down and would be greatly appreciated so I can get it fixed)

If you find any bugs please report them
    CRAB - Custom Recovery Auto Backup

I just released another app called CRAB. It stands for Custom Recovery Auto Backup.
    Basically, it backs up your device every night at a specified time, eliminating the need to manually back up your device.

This is super useful when you mess up the OS or download a bad root app and brick your phone. You always have last nights backup to restore too! Crab also allows selections of partitions (data, system, cache, etc...), and other options for backing up.

Donation Link:
    www.paypal.me/TylerNijmeh

Download:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.draco.tylernijmeh.crab
    [NEW v1.6] BUTTER KERNEL v1.0

Hey, Draco here again! I developed the first custom kernel for our phone. I call it the butter kernel, because it's buttery smooth!

Butter kernel aims to make your device feel extremely smooth and clean. Scrolling will feel better on websites, apps will jitter and hang less, and your applications will start faster. Games will perform excellent, and internet speeds will be much faster.

Features:
    - Intelliactive CPU governor
    - Self boosting input drivers
    - Doesn't jump directly to max freq (steps)
    - Short circuits some unnecessary CPU checks to avoid hotplugging
    - ROW I/O scheduler
    - Very smooth in UI
    - Games are responsive
    - Good for everyday use
    - Good for battery
    - Good for gaming
    - Good for performance (bench-marking)
    - Adreno Idler GPU Governor
    - Nearly the same as the default msm-adreno-tz (Performance+)
    - Better idle frequencies (saves power when idle)
    - TCP Congestion control
    - Better web requests
    - Westwood TCP driver
    - Really fast internet speeds
    - Cubic TCP driver
    - Less aggressive
    - High and large receive rate
    - No module signing
    - Your modules remain untouched (cleaner)
    - If modules need to be updated / changed, no signing is required to add them
    - 512kb read ahead internal storage
    - Smooth UI
    - Works well with ROW scheduler
    - NTFS R/W support
    - NTFS debugging support
    - A lot more bluetooth support drivers
    - /proc/config.gz access
    - Event base short term CPU freq boost
    - Generic ARM64 CPU idle driver
    - Kernel Samepage Merging (better ram)
    - Fixed swappiness value (100 -> 10 for use of actual ram)
    - Optimized post-boot script for MSM8937
    - Tons of optimizations everywhere

Download:

All Archives: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8DTpyUdT0UASFlLNTI2OExIZEU

Flash in recovery. Make sure to backup your Boot partition in case anything goes wrong. ONLY FOR THE X2, NOT THE MINI (there is one beta; testers can report if it works and ill add mini compatibility for future versions)!