[JB 4.3] [T889UVUCMK7]Stock Rooted/Debloated/Knox-free with (4.1.2)TMBBMD1 Bootloader

Search This thread

pjmiebach

May 28, 2008
Ottawa
I think i messed up my phone bad with this rom...

I flashed the .zip on my Wind mobile t889v phone and everything was fine. Previously I had Jedi Master X rom which is android 4.3 and also had a 4.3 boot loader.
Only issued I notice after flashing this rom was that the Samsung music app stopped working.

I performed a nand recovery in cwm and everything was fine accept that I no longer could connect to the Wind 'home zone' network. I could only connect to roaming on Rogers's network.

I tried recovery again but my phone no longer connects to any network. IMEI is 'null' and baseband is 'unknown'.

Any idea on how to fix or have I just created a new Ipod?

Thanks for any suggestions!

rafaelrfq

Oct 22, 2010
Please read 4 posts above yours. Question already asked. Just a little reading could have saved you some time.

thank you my friend but for your information i have read the 139 posts before mine, and for sure i saw that one... but it says that install the missed file manually and if you can read my post i just asked if somebody can upload the missed File. thank you.

suzukii

Apr 17, 2010
New York
Hi all. It's been a while since I was here.
I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong area in advance.
I was wondering if there was another site to download the unaltered JB [T889UVUCMK7]Stock firmware for my SGH-T889 TMobile Samsung Galaxy Note2 without going thru the stupid SAMMOBILE download site with their hidden SPAM/MALware attempts on my PC? Thanks.

montecristo1

Oct 29, 2008
Northern CA
My phone has rest n working great for a few weeks, but within the past 2 days I have been getting random reboots and several FCs. I also just realized today that I somehow lost root. I haven't changed anything recently.

Same here, worked great for a few weeks. I then noticed root was lost. So I used CF Auto Root, restored root. But lost if phone restarts (I changed battery). I also noticed that if I saved a backup (TWRP) and restore, I lost the ability to write on SD card and loose root after restart. Every time I rooted the phone, I also had to flash recovery (TWRP), to have both.

The only way root sticked for me, fresh installed rom LJ1. Root and recovery sticks to LJ1. I then install MK7 rom with Odin. So I'm on MK7, this rom with LJ1 modem. Bad thing about it is I'm not sure if I lost actual LTE or just the notification. On 4G notification is shown, but have LTE speeds. I have wifi, root and recovery working great, with possibly LTE.

pjmiebach

May 28, 2008
Ottawa
I think i messed up my phone bad with this rom...

I flashed the .zip on my Wind mobile t889v phone and everything was fine. Previously I had Jedi Master X rom which is android 4.3 and also had a 4.3 boot loader.
Only issued I notice after flashing this rom was that the Samsung music app stopped working.

I performed a nand recovery in cwm and everything was fine accept that I no longer could connect to the Wind 'home zone' network. I could only connect to roaming on Rogers's network.

I tried recovery again but my phone no longer connects to any network. IMEI is 'null' and baseband is 'unknown'.

Any idea on how to fix or have I just created a new Ipod?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Thought I'd just update and say that I fixed my phone. Once you flash a tmobile modem on a wind mobile note 2, you can't go back to using a wind modem.
Therefore I flashed offical wind mobile rom and then installed the tmobile modem and everything works great!
Baseband showed the tmobile one but the IMEI was still null. I used a IMEI repair tool to fix a nv item to correct it.

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
Hi,
I just noticed few posts and I apologize for not responding.
@montecristo1 -Is your phone still on 4.1.2 bootloader ? Did you flash the odin image or the flashable zip.
@rafaelrfq - I have attached the default music player apk and odex file to the OP. These files need to be copied to /system/apps directory.
@suzukii - Untouched samsung ROM's can be downloaded from sammobile.com. ROM for SGH-T889 can be downloaded from the folowing links.
4.1.2 - http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/15061/T889UVBMD1_T889TMBBMD1_TMB.zip/
4.3 - http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/22863/T889UVUCMK7_T889TMBCMK7_TMB.zip/

montecristo1

Oct 29, 2008
Northern CA
Let me first apologize, I misread your post and believed it was Mattlowry's post on T889...mk7, SWARM rom. That is also rooted and 4.3. I haven't tried this rom here. But I am glad I found it so that I may try to obtain LTE function.

My phone has the mk7 bootloader with 4.1.2 modem.

montecristo1

Oct 29, 2008
Northern CA
I hadn't updated the modem because each time that I had done so, my phone lost root. But yesterday, after heading out, I noticed my 4g speeds were horrendous. So, I flashed the new modem hopefully not losing root. So far after 5 restarts,LTE & root seemed to stick and haven't noticed any issues now... LTE is blazing fast.

Oddly enough, reading an android subpost (Reddit), I found out that the rom I'm using has IQ Carrier (I checked using Titanium BU). Maybe that could have been the issue of my root. I'm now IQ Carrier free. Reason why root is very important to me.

Last edited:

vulcanize

Sep 5, 2012
Thank you.
Finally took the plunge to move from 4.1.2 to 4.3 and also get LTE. Was pretty impressive to see almost 21 Mbps clocked in the boonies where 4 to 5 mbps was the norm.

Have few small issues like Playstore along with a few apps flubbing which is no biggie and can be fixed
Thanks once again.

Reactions: ciphercodes

baabafadil

Jun 21, 2015
Kampaa
www.baabafadil.blogspot.com
Am on 4.3 but i used Terminal Emulator + NoBloat Free to remove KNOX Files. I have problem of Network drops & always on Edge. Can i flash [JB 4.3] [T889UVUCMK7]Stock Rooted/Debloated/Knox-free with (4.1.2)TMBBMD1 Bootloader & could it solve my issues #ciphercodes?
Thanx

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
No, if you are on 4.3 with updated bootloader then you cannot flash this stock ROM as this includes older bootloader.

The newer bootloader is not downgradable.

You can try flashing the zip file via TWRP/CWM/Mobile OdinPro, as it does not include the bootloader.

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
You will not be able to flash this ROM via ODIN on your phone, ODIN process will get stuck and end up in error.

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app

Hi just a noob question since baabafadil mentioned about having 4.3 and cannot odin flash this rom. I wanna know if i would be able to flash this rom if i restore from mrRobinsons no tripping flash counter rom 4.3 to original stock 4.1 since i backed up original stock rom.

Update so i restored to 4.1 and odin flashed this rom and ran into a problem it got stuck lol oh well. So i just odin mrRobinson rom back running up.

Last edited:

p4pentium4

Nov 8, 2008
mumbai
works good
but observed following ..
CSC is unknown
3g/ 4g mobile data doesnt work
its on E ( 2g ) only
please suggest possible solutions

thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is 4.3 JB Stock ROM T889UVUCMK7 which is packed with T889TMBBMD1 bootloader.

Please Note: If you are already on 4.3 (T889UVUCMK7) with KNOX enabled bootloader.
    - DO NOT try to flash this ROM using odin from your pc, you will end up with an error.
    - If you are looking for stock rooted ROM then either flash the flashable zip from post# 2 or MrRobinson's ROM.

Please see below on how this differs from Stock T889UVUCMK7.
    Changes:
    1) Replaced the KNOX enabled bootloader (T889UVUCMK7) with a previous (T889TMBBMD1) bootloader.
    2) Manually rooted
    3) Removed any known KNOX applications and files (listed below)
    4) Debloated - (applications are listed below), almost all applications which are removed can be easily downloaded from the Google Play store. If it's not there let me know I can upload it here.

Questions:
    1) Who should/can install this ROM ?
    - Primarily, users who are still on 4.1.2 and would like to try the 4.3 without having to worry about the bootloader with KNOX. You can easily revert back to any previous ROM as this bootloader does not have any downgrading restrictions.
    - Users who do not have mobile odin and would like to update to 4.3 using PC odin and not worry about KNOX bootloader.
    - Users who still want to be on the old bootloader, stick to the Stock kernel and do not want to flash any patch.

2) How to install it ?
    - Download and extract the file, and flash the md5 file using ODIN.

3) Battery life ?
    - Same as stock as this is the Stock ROM.

4) Do I need to wipe/data ?
    - Not required but always recommended when switching ROM's.

5) Does Wifi work ? Do I have to flash any patch or custom kernel ?
    - Yes, Wifi works.
    - No, You do not have to flash any patch or any custom kernel.

6) Are there any known issues, error's?
    - I flashed this using pc odin, manually cleared dalvik cache and so far I haven't noticed any issues.

7) Will there be any support for this ROM?
    - This is a stock ROM. I have simply assembled ROM components and packed them together with few changes which are listed above. I am not a developer but an android user just like you, If there are any issues I can try to work with you to get them resolved.

KNOX Files which have been removed:
    Code:
    	/system/app/KNOXAgent.apk
    	/system/app/KNOXAgent.odex
    	/system/app/KNOXStore.apk
    	/system/app/KNOXStore.odex
    	/system/app/KNOXStub.apk
    	/system/app/KnoxAttestationAgent.apk
    	/system/app/KnoxAttestationAgent.odex
    	/system/containers/ --> directory
    	/system/etc/secure_storage/com.sec.knox.store
    	/system/lib/libknoxdrawglfunction.so

Debloated: Applications which have been removed.
    Code:
    AccessTmobile_TMO.apk
    AmazonShopping_TMO.apk
    Books.apk
    ChatON_MARKET.apk
    com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd.apk
    ContainerAgent.apk
    ContainerAgent.odex
    ContainerEventsRelayManager.apk
    ContainerEventsRelayManager.odex
    ECID-release_TMO.apk
    gba-service-TMO-Signed.apk
    Hangouts.apk -> Did not plan to but deleted by mistake. You can downlaod it from Google Play.
    HelpHub.apk
    HelpHub.odex
    Highlight_TMO.apk
    KLMSAgent.apk
    KLMSAgent.odex
    Magazines.apk
    NFSMWLauncher_TMO.apk
    PlayGames.apk
    PlusOne.apk
    SamsungApps.apk
    SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
    SamsungBooks_HD.apk
    SamsungGames_HD_oldkey.apk
    SamsungHub_land.apk
    SamsungHubUpdater.apk
    SamsungLink18.apk
    SamsungMusic10P.apk
    Samsungservice.apk
    SamsungVideoLITE.apk
    SamsungWidget_ActiveApplication.apk
    SamsungWidget_ActiveApplication.odex
    SamsungWidget_FavoriteApp.apk
    SamsungWidget_FavoriteApp.odex
    SPPPushClient_Prod.apk
    SSuggest_J_DeviceOnly.apk
    TMServerApp.apk
    TMServerApp.odex
    Videos.apk
    YahoonewsDaemon.apk
    YahoonewsDaemon.odex
    YahoonewsWidget.apk
    YahoonewsWidget.odex
    YahoostockDaemon.apk
    YahoostockDaemon.odex
    YahoostockWidget.apk
    YahoostockWidget.odex

See post# 2 for flashable zip.

Standard Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. even though it's hard to brick a Samsung phone it's still possible.

Credits:
    Chainfire - For SU application.
    MrRobinsons - Used the links from his S3 forum to learn how to manually root. Had to do it differently for 4.3 but that was still the starting point.
    XDA

Download Link - PC ODIN: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a2zis2xac6dawaq/T889_MK7_Stock.tar.7z

Update: 11/30/2014 - Attached default music player apk files.
    T889UVUMK7 - Flashable ZIP

Update: 02/08/2014
    Its been reported that wifi does not work after flashing the zip. Please try the PC ODIN version from first post.

Update: 02/06/2014
    I was able to create this flashable zip!
    The zip file includes
    /system - Ofcourse,
    META-INF - It includes the update-binary, updater-script (which I had to learn and write) and default certs.
    boot.img - Latest(MK7) Kernel
    modem.bin - Latest(MK7) Modem
    tz.img - This was extracted from stock (MK7)ROM, without this the wifi will not work.
    flash-image - This is used to flash the modem

I flashed this using TWRP and mobile ODIN and so far everything looks good.
    It should work on CWM too.

To flash:
    1) Downlaod the zip file from this post.
    2) Copy the zip file on root folder of your sd-card(recommended).
    3) Reboot int to recovery (turn off phone then hold Vol up + home then press home).
    4) Select Install and then select the zip file.
    5) Flash and then reboot once done.
    6) Clearing dalvick cache is always recommended after you update or switch ROMS.

I have included status indicators to let you know what's happening.
    It takes less than two minutes (1min 55sec) to complete.

Please let me know if for some reason this does not work for you.

Credits:
    - Everyone who has written guides on Updater-Scripts, dsixda for Android Kitchen.
    - My phone, who did not complain even though I flashed it between 10-15 times within last 24 hours.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rukjgd5t3hlxvk2/T889UVUMK7_Flashable.zip
    Sorry for the double post but I have figured out the issue and decided it warrants the post by itself. I have cross checked several roms (tmobile/sprint/att) and noticed that it is not the ssuggest_j_deviceonly.apk that is responsible. The file needed for the for the spen (or S pen) lasso /grab/crop image functionality to work is the SuggestionService.apk

Paste it into /system/app and restart. done.

P.S.
    @ciphercodes

I am curious how did you make wifi / Kernel work with the older, non-knox bootloader? Is the kernel used in this build modified?

Thank you!
    Updated op with flashable zip.
    I used dsixda's Android Kitchen to create the flashable zip.
    I simply placed the system.img and boot.img in to the original folder then created a working folder.
    zipaligned all apk's and then signed and built ROM.

I tried flashing this via mobile odin but it failed, I then tried flashing this via TWRP and it worked fine.
    I only selected wipe cache and dalvick cache options.

Please note I did not format data and system before flashing this via TWRP.
    If for some reason this zip does not work for you then you will have to flash the tar.md5 file from OP.

It will be helpful if anyone with a full backup (so that you can revert if there are any issues) can try to flash and test this.
    Thank you.
    Finally took the plunge to move from 4.1.2 to 4.3 and also get LTE. Was pretty impressive to see almost 21 Mbps clocked in the boonies where 4 to 5 mbps was the norm.

Have few small issues like Playstore along with a few apps flubbing which is no biggie and can be fixed
    Thanks once again.