Jan 6, 2009
Nuremberg
Nothing Phone 2
WiMoRun

screenshot1dy.jpg
screenshot2ig.jpg

screenshot3ad.jpg

Description

Quick Links are okay, but you can not have a quicklink for everything. Or are you just conservative and want to have a launching tool on your PPC? WiMoRun enables you to run programs typing in their name or a keyword. You can start all executable applications within the whole device. With the T9 panel you can choose your apps even faster.

It runs on Windows Mobile > 6.0

If you have ideas to improve this app just let me know.

Features
- run programs by typing their names
- tag programs to get an alias i.e. calc will open favourite calculator
- autocomplete list in realtime
- application cache to boost speed
- T9 input panel for faster searching
- skinnable UI

History & Changelog
Code:
v0.7a (VGA only, Non VGA is WIP)
- crash problem after generating cache is resolved.
- added an application icon, thanks to Farmer Ted

v0.7 (VGA only, Non VGA is WIP)
- added support for skinning, custom skin tutorial soon
- changed autocomplete. you need to specify at least 2 chars for autocomplete
to work (for increasing speed)

v0.6
- added a T9 panel

v0.5a
- fixed a bug that caused tags not to work after adding support for every path

v0.5
- greatly increased startup speed using a cache
- users are now able to run any exe in any path of the filesystem

v0.4
- improved autocompletion with suggestion list
- added keyword/tag handling
- substituted buttons with softkey links

v0.2
- simple error handling if file not found
- larger controls for finger usage (still not nice looking)
- dropdown list of available programs
- autocompletion

v0.1
- basic functionality, run programs by typing their names

Not yet implemented

- a recently launched list
- support for command line options
- opening contacts

Installation and use

After installing cab choose Run from the Programs list.

Feedback

Feedback and reporting are desired, new feature requests, too.

Attachments

• WiMoRun_0.7a_VGA.CAB
    393.4 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
I'd say it would be useful, especially if you save a list of recent applications, which is missing in 6.5. Dotfred's task manager has a run tool, and I use it all the time (it saves mru's).

Alireza2n

Feb 11, 2010
GMT+3.5
I think with the Auto-Complete feature this app will be a time-saver, specially when you want to run or open something from Windows folder (you have scroll a long list to find what you want).

Thanks for your efforts! :)

thx1200

Inactive Recognized Developer
I like this app idea a lot.

Here are my suggestions:

- As you type, it presents a filtered list (filtering in real time) all the apps that fits the match as you type. Then you can just type the first few letters and select the app. Think of how Windows 7's start menu works. You start typing and it immediately gives you matches and gradually filters the list down as you type.

- A custom T-9 input panel, which can work with the above filtering feature as a more finger friendly alternative. It would work exactly as the dialer's numerical pad does to filter out your contacts by the letters associated with each number.

- Custom keywords for apps. Basically you can associate keywords with apps. So let's say you use Pocket Informant as you calendar app, but you just want to type 'calendar', you can associate it and it will launch it.

Arrak1s

Apr 2, 2006
Great Idea, could better ;)

Hi i like the idea,

Autocomplete in this form is nice but imho its not practical enough, i still have to know the exact name of the app.

Have a look at "lauchy"for the pc, when you type it lists all applications that have the letters in them you type, regardless of the position.
So if you type "expl" you would get a list with "explorer" and "file explorer".

Cheers Marco

theq86

Jan 6, 2009
Nuremberg
Nothing Phone 2
Thanks for your first feedbacks.

I will try to improve autocomplete and give a list of programs to chose matching the criteria. I also like the idea to tag programs. A T9-like input panel will also be on my list.

armenh72

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Very good idea but not a new one. This is basically a launcher program. Everyone, check out ZLaunchy program, it has t9 keypad and runs programs, contacts, docs, etc. I have assigned it to a hard button.

theq86

Jan 6, 2009
Nuremberg
Nothing Phone 2
ZLaunchies Description says it only uses the programs in the start menu. WiMoRun is designed especially for those programs you might not have in a quick link program. running docs, contacts or other stuff may be integrated, too here

davidshooki

Mar 15, 2008
This is off topic and I apologize for that.
the pictures in the first post have fingerkeyboard2 with wider keys than the default one. I have been searching and trying to understand how to install a fingerkeyboard skin with wider keys (the default fingerkeyboard2 are smaller than the stock HTC HD2 keys).

Again, I apologies for this off topic remark, but this is the first time I found someone that has an example of what I have been looking for in a long time... and I have searched the forum.

theq86

Jan 6, 2009
Nuremberg
Nothing Phone 2
@davidshooki
Please use private message instead. if you write me your email I can give you the CAB I use

[End of Off Topic]

@topic

Version 0.4 is out now. I integrated an autocomplete list substituting the one line autocompletion. Buttons are now replaced with softkeys. The program is also able to save tags/keywords now. If you type in the keyword, the linked application is opened.

a T9 panel is not yet implemented, I think that needs a little time.

philocritus

Apr 29, 2006
ZLaunchies Description says it only uses the programs in the start menu. WiMoRun is designed especially for those programs you might not have in a quick link program. running docs, contacts or other stuff may be integrated, too here

Yes you're right.
but zlaunchy has a variety of features which your app should have as well(search via t9, search in contacts etc.).
zlaunchy is a great model for for winmorun since it's so lookalike.

As I remembered there was a win mobile smartphone app that had a lot of functions.
looked for files, sms, programs, contacts, it even calculated a formula if you inserted numbers(ex. you inserted 2+2 and it returned 4 on the result list)

I lost that app when I changed to winmo pro since it was shipped only with that phone model.
It was called VOQ from the sierra wireless VOQ phone.

theq86

Jan 6, 2009
Nuremberg
Nothing Phone 2
Version 0.5 posted.

Now all executable files are held in this list. It doesn't matter if it's in the Windows or Programs directory.

To avoid long startup times the program generates an application cache. It can be renewed out of the options menu.

have fun

edit:

just fixed a bug and promoted it to 0.5a

Last edited:

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
Nice job! Here's an ico group, if you want it. It looks pretty good in the start menu (it's just hacked from shell32.dll).