Screen on time

Search This thread

Ckesery

Dec 1, 2014
I reported again my problem with Samsung
But because i live in Cyprus technical support is for trash :(
When i had nexus 5x and it got bootloop deasese i had to pay 180€ for a new motherboard :(
And they said that there was not official statement for that problem ... Now the same gonna hapen with my s9 they gonna kick me out of warranty for no reason

You can never be sure about it. Remember to not become emotional when you speak to them.
You should still try and RMA it. I don’t know how hard it is with samsung, but it’s better to try and fail, than not trying at all...

/edit

I take back what i said earlier. After a factory reset "to fix some other issue" i now get 4 and a half / 5 hours of SoT, instead of 6 to close 7.
I don't remember owning an phone this frustrating ever.

Last edited:

assist4tech

Jun 5, 2012
Screen On Time was lot better on 9.0 Beta version. Post release of final build it has fallen below 4 hours. I am a heavy user of YouTube and Asphalt 9 and so can easily note the difference.

dimitrispas22

Feb 5, 2016
Paphos
So, battery life and SOT on s9 crap like was on s6?
yes(for most people)
I don't know about the Snapdragon variant (but for Exynos is crapy)
I am wondering about custom roms how good is the battery there...
I want to try them but I will lose my warranty :( it's not like google pixel which you gonna restore it with factory image and lock the bootloader and they ain't gonna find it that easy... on Samsung, the Knox will trip
and you gonna loose Samsung pay and health (Samsung pay I don't care since it is not supported in my country but for the s health I find it useful)

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

You can never be sure about it. Remember to not become emotional when you speak to them.
You should still try and RMA it. I don’t know how hard it is with Samsung, but it’s better to try and fail than not trying at all...

/edit

I take back what I said earlier. After a factory reset "to fix some other issue" I now get 4 and a half / 5 hours of SoT, instead of 6 to close 7.
I don't remember owning an phone this frustrating ever.

I have a question here in Cyprus is the only country which if they don't find anything wrong about the phone or if its faulty by your own fault they gonna charge you 25 up to 75 euros for doing nothing?
(Apple charges 30-35 depends on product, samsung 25-30, and Asus 75 for everything even for 120 euro phone :laugh: :silly: )

Ckesery

Dec 1, 2014
yes(for most people)
I don't know about the Snapdragon variant (but for Exynos is crapy)
I am wondering about custom roms how good is the battery there...
I want to try them but I will lose my warranty :( it's not like google pixel which you gonna restore it with factory image and lock the bootloader and they ain't gonna find it that easy... on Samsung, the Knox will trip
and you gonna loose Samsung pay and health (Samsung pay I don't care since it is not supported in my country but for the s health I find it useful)

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

I have a question here in Cyprus is the only country which if they don't find anything wrong about the phone or if its faulty by your own fault they gonna charge you 25 up to 75 euros for doing nothing?
(Apple charges 30-35 depends on product, samsung 25-30, and Asus 75 for everything even for 120 euro phone :laugh: :silly: )

I guess it depends on multiple factors.
Depends on company, product, and law, and a few others.
For example, if i have an faulty Samsung fridge in the Netherlands, they will come and check it free of charge the first time.
If you complain again, they come, and don't find anything, you will have to pay. They do warn you however, and customer support aint that bad.
In the Netherlands, we usually don' get charged for RMA.

Reactions: dimitrispas22

waingro808

Apr 23, 2013
Disappointed with the SOT on this phone..

Even my iPhone 6 which has smaller battery can have 8 hours SOT..
4 hours and 50 minutes SOT with 25% battery remaining is considered Good. Your expectations are way too high.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

I am very disappointed, the galaxy a5(2017) and my iPhone 6 battery live is better than this :(
how is that possible :( even factory resetting the device didn't help ...

I see Spotify. How long were you streaming music?

dimitrispas22

Feb 5, 2016
Paphos
4 hours and 50 minutes SOT with 25% battery remaining is considered Good. Your expectations are way too high.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

I see Spotify. How long were you streaming music?

about 3-5 hours a day at school with earphones, 98% of the music there is downloaded!
plus i found a way to fix battery drain! (trip the Knox and install the lightROM !)
still 39% left!

Attachments

• 20190215_232756.jpg
    20190215_232756.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 501

fabiok81

Jan 8, 2013
Sabaudia
I would like to contradict all those who speak badly about this phone because I was almost not to buy it. The battery is normal for me with other phones. Many do not buy it because of the bad reviews about the battery but at least with Android 9 it is highly acceptable.Screenshot_20190218-083055_Settings.jpegScreenshot_20190218-083202_AccuBattery.jpeg

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

kyooohei08

Sep 24, 2016
Mabalacat
I would like to contradict all those who speak badly about this phone because I was almost not to buy it. The battery is normal for me with other phones. Many do not buy it because of the bad reviews about the battery but at least with Android 9 it is highly acceptable.

Yeaap me too. Pie indeed had some improvements for battery life, especially in standby time.
In oreo, I barely get 4h SOT @15%, and now it ranges from 4h to even 5h sometimes.

And in my opinion, just enjoy your s9, because the more someone complain, the more they wont be contented, considering all that speed it offers and the screen quality it brings, just superb

Last edited:

qusai1993

Feb 19, 2019
Amman
I'm liking my first charge after pie

I have S9 snapdragon unlocked
FHD+
tap to wake AOD
Bluetooth always connected to a smart watch
4G is always active and wifi at home automatically turns on
most apps are in the "always sleep" section except Social media and some system apps
Bixby wakeup and ok google are on

I can't upload the screenshot for some reason but the numbers are like this

Battery level: 22%
Time since unplugged: 18 h 26 m ago
screen: 4hr, 44 min

qusai1993

Feb 19, 2019
Amman
I have S9 snapdragon unlocked
FHD+
tap to wake AOD
Bluetooth always connected to a smart watch
4G is always active and wifi at home automatically turns on
most apps are in the "always sleep" section except Social media and some system apps
Bixby wakeup and ok google are on

I can't upload the screenshot for some reason but the numbers are like this

Battery level: 22%
Time since unplugged: 18 h 26 m ago
screen: 4hr, 44 min

finished the day with
22 h 50 m on battery
5 hr 41 min screen

yunanda_keren

Jul 24, 2008
my daily SOT... my SOT so SAD

been like this since bough it 7 months ago

I am thinking about claiming the battery at service centre ...

FHD 1080p only
AOD only 30 seconds when its touched
Location sometimes on depends
No wifi at all .. all unecessary app off in the backgroud if not use..
Casual whatsapp and instagraming.all notif off except mail and chat.
Exynos version

Attachments

• SOT.jpg
    SOT.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 979
Last edited:

fabiok81

Jan 8, 2013
Sabaudia
I think you have something wrong with your settings..perhaps something in your battery settings or apk sincronization.
I've not AOD active, half of the time in 4G, but i've a lot of apk installed (168).
Have you got Android Pie?

Obviously ExynosView attachment 4710230Screenshot_20190222-100413_Settings.jpeg

xo.en

Jul 5, 2014
Spalding, England, Łódź, Poland...
Holy ****, crdroid oreo plus some fiddling with mtweaks:

8hrs and 3 min sot, 10% batt left.

7.5 hrs fhd content playback with gettube with wifi on, plus background download plus some other things(that took another 30 mins).
No battery savers, etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot-20190224-120027-Ustawienia.png
    Screenshot-20190224-120027-Ustawienia.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

CjsS9

Feb 25, 2019
I never reach 3 hours SOT, I have Exynos variant and every day both ANDROID SISTEMS and ANDROID OS register a massive battery usage. I don't know my phone drain so much the battery. Any ideas?

I brought a S9 in Aug 2018 and it was working fine, getting a SOT around 4+ Hours till mid Dec however since then the SOT has dropped to 2-2.5 hours. Majority of the battery is been drained through Andriod System. Battery drain during night when its Ideal is around 30-40% in 7 hours stand by. Have taken the phone to the Samsung service center on 20th Feb after following all suggestions on different forums. Got the phone back after a day and working fine for a couple of days but then on Friday evening it was back to doing the Android System drain.

Got it back today to the service center and they are not ready to accept that there is a problem. Have forced them to look at the issue after talking to Samsung Customer care and will wait for tomorrow to collect the phone and see if something has improved.

For any one facing this issue can you check one more bit on the Phone. When you open your messages and read a message it flips back to the message home screen. Mine would not even let me type a message. It can take from 30 sec to 2 min for this to refresh.

Reactions: sprintomatic

sprintomatic

Oct 15, 2009
CA
After pie update, SOT went down to 3hrs from 5hrs. No new apps, same settings. Very disappointing. phone used to last all day, now its like the S6, dies half day. Never buying samsung product again.

After pie update, SOT went down to 3hrs from 5hrs. No new apps, same settings. Very disappointing. phone used to last all day, now its like the S6, dies half day. Never buying samsung product again.
You may have seen that the S10 has an impressive battery life, and it's a huge improvement over the galaxy S9, even the note 9 in some cases...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can people with the S9+ stop posting in the S9 thread please? It's irrelevant for others. Thanks
    D
    Deleted member 5746995
    My battery stats after factory reset.
    what you people do for 5hours a day on a phone?! I usually got about 1.5-2h max.
    Some people do work over phone, some play games, some watch videos, its a portable device after all. Battery backup is of essence in a portable device. With modern technology it would be only logical to have more than 5h on an device that was hundered of dollars
    Mine drained from 100 to 90 in just 7hrs with no sleeping of apps and no aod. So screwed idle time.
    We did. I'm just taking into account the others who have issues and no Facebook or AOD

Yea, dunno it's been a random issue for some and not others since my first Samsung (S5), different firmwares seems to cause different drain, but you never know what people are not telling you too, like some claiming to get 8 hours+ SOT who are actually just leaving their phone on low brightness and screen on all the time without really using it, others with bad overnight drain who failed to mention they have 200+ apps installed all with background usage enabled, people who say they have reset 100% and not installed any 3rd party when really they haven't reset at all and are just looking for a quick fix that will never arrive (Change this setting for 3 more hours SoT lol)